Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 07-21-2004, 08:30 PM
Admin of THIEVES and SLUGABEDS

Newspaper Giving a Whole New Meaning to the Term "Barfly"

Beer-loving bird barred from pub.

Quote:
Mr Tate told BBC News Online: "He got more and more used to people and started nicking beer out of pint glasses.

"His favourite is the Classic Blonde which we have on - he went mad for that. He used to squawk at people who used to hide their pints from him."
I think Thatcher is adorable, and Mr. Tate has a sense of humor I can really appreciate:

Quote:
He said: "It was getting too much - he was too mischievous and he used to attack children.

"He used to land on them and peck at their heads, which was funny to watch so long as it wasn't your kid."
No wonder he won't get rid of the bird. They make a fine pair. :D
Old 07-21-2004, 08:58 PM
This space is for rent

Default Re: Giving a Whole New Meaning to the Term "Barfly"

Other than the fact that they are more demanding than a house full of 2 year olds I just adore birds. Used to have a parrot, very, very cool.

I can totally picture a bird getting an attitude about being denied beer too.

Birds are rowdy party animals. Sassy, passionate, loudmouthed and demanding, but cute as hell.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Admin of THIEVES and SLUGABEDS

Comedy Re: Giving a Whole New Meaning to the Term "Barfly"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantonac
Other than the fact that they are more demanding than a house full of 2 year olds I just adore birds. Used to have a parrot, very, very cool.
I love birds too, and there's something about animals attached to a certain location that just charms the hell out of me.

There's this wacky pyramid vanity tomb right outside the old walls of Rome which must have 30 cats living in its enclosure. The caretakers keep them fed, but there's no question the cats pretty much rule the place. Whenever we'd pass by I couldn't help but coo at the kitties until my parents dragged me away.

Quote:
Birds are rowdy party animals. Sassy, passionate, loudmouthed and demanding, but cute as hell.
Did you hear about the potty-mouthed Royal Navy parrot who was allegedly going to be taken ashore so as not to offend the Queen during her visit on the HMS Lancaster? Click here for the original story. I was very happy to see the RN deny those reports.

"Zulus, thousands of 'em!"

* livius drusus giggles

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law