Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

View Poll Results: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?
Yes, it is OK. 9 30.00%
Is it OK not to punch a Nazi in the head? 9 30.00%
It's OK, but I prefer the genitals or solar plexus. 15 50.00%
Violence is never the answer, unless the question is some kind of Nazi shit. 14 46.67%
No, it is awesome. 10 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #301  
Old 08-10-2018, 11:26 PM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Nutty Legionnaire Provost
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMMCCCVI
Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?


:loud:
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 08-11-2018, 12:28 AM
Kamilah Hauptmann's Avatar
Kamilah Hauptmann Kamilah Hauptmann is offline
I'm a regular Victor Victoria
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: VDCXCIV
Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post

:loud:
:fixed:
__________________
Sometimes you herp a derp, sometimes the derp herps you.

:BC: :canada:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (08-11-2018), Stephen Maturin (08-11-2018), The Man (08-11-2018)
  #303  
Old 10-28-2018, 06:03 AM
Kamilah Hauptmann's Avatar
Kamilah Hauptmann Kamilah Hauptmann is offline
I'm a regular Victor Victoria
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: VDCXCIV
Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

Man charged with running over protester in Charlottesville assaulted in jail

Seems a friend of the girl he ran over was in prison too.
__________________
Sometimes you herp a derp, sometimes the derp herps you.

:BC: :canada:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
slimshady2357 (10-28-2018), The Man (10-28-2018)
  #304  
Old 10-28-2018, 05:47 PM
godfry n. glad's Avatar
godfry n. glad godfry n. glad is offline
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Puddle City, Cascadia
Gender: Male
Posts: XXMMDCCCLXXII
Images: 12
Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilah Hauptmann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post

:loud:
:fixed:
:fixed:
__________________
:wcat: :ecat:
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 10-29-2018, 08:13 AM
Kamilah Hauptmann's Avatar
Kamilah Hauptmann Kamilah Hauptmann is offline
I'm a regular Victor Victoria
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: VDCXCIV
Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

Is it okay to kick Nazi Twitter off your payment systems and hosting service?

Gab.com goes down after GoDaddy threatens to pull domain - The Verge
__________________
Sometimes you herp a derp, sometimes the derp herps you.

:BC: :canada:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Ari (10-29-2018), Crumb (10-29-2018), lisarea (10-29-2018), The Man (10-29-2018)
  #306  
Old 10-29-2018, 08:42 AM
Ari's Avatar
Ari Ari is offline
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area
Gender: Male
Posts: MXDCXXX
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

Godaddy isn't a company known for it's 'sjw' leaning attitude, having them or conservative leaning credit/payment companies, look at a right wing group and say, 'hmmm' means there's a good chance they crossed the line in some interesting ways.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Kamilah Hauptmann (10-29-2018), lisarea (10-29-2018), The Man (10-29-2018)
  #307  
Old 11-03-2018, 08:09 AM
Kamilah Hauptmann's Avatar
Kamilah Hauptmann Kamilah Hauptmann is offline
I'm a regular Victor Victoria
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: VDCXCIV
Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

Thread by @JuliusGoat: "So these would be concentration camps. Keep telling me it's not Nazism. This is what you can expect to see, when a society has determined th […]"

Topic about individualism vs a sense of belonging to one another.
__________________
Sometimes you herp a derp, sometimes the derp herps you.

:BC: :canada:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
The Man (11-03-2018)
  #308  
Old 11-03-2018, 08:14 PM
Kamilah Hauptmann's Avatar
Kamilah Hauptmann Kamilah Hauptmann is offline
I'm a regular Victor Victoria
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: VDCXCIV
Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

Far right try to protest in Liverpool but don't make it out of station AGAIN: recap - Liverpool Echo

:english:
__________________
Sometimes you herp a derp, sometimes the derp herps you.

:BC: :canada:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Ari (11-03-2018), Clutch Munny (11-05-2018), lisarea (11-03-2018), Stephen Maturin (11-03-2018), The Man (11-03-2018)
  #309  
Old 11-08-2018, 12:41 AM
Gizmoduck Gizmoduck is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: XVI
Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

I think the term "Nazi" is used far too loosely these days and has essentially lost all meaning it might once have carried.

So I'd say no, because in 2018, anyone is labeled "Nazi" now for simply not going along with the popular, or PC, mindset. Hear them out before you label them, rather than punching them.
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 11-08-2018, 01:00 AM
Florence Jellem's Avatar
Florence Jellem Florence Jellem is offline
Egress From an Evolutionary Protist
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: CDLXXIX
Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

Can we at least bitch slap them, dear?

:bitchslap:
__________________
:sammich: :sammich: :sammich:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Ari (11-08-2018), But (11-08-2018)
  #311  
Old 11-08-2018, 03:52 AM
specious_reasons's Avatar
specious_reasons specious_reasons is offline
here to bore you with pictures
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: MMDIX
Images: 8
Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmoduck View Post
I think the term "Nazi" is used far too loosely these days and has essentially lost all meaning it might once have carried.

So I'd say no, because in 2018, anyone is labeled "Nazi" now for simply not going along with the popular, or PC, mindset. Hear them out before you label them, rather than punching them.
While there are probably a few in the US that might fit the bill, I generally prefer "White Nationalist" as that covers most of the people who are pro-white racists in the US.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of white nationalists in the US right now - including our President - so it might sound a bit overused, even if it's not.
__________________
ta-
DAVE!!!
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Ari (11-08-2018), beyelzu (11-09-2018), The Man (11-08-2018), Zehava (11-08-2018)
  #312  
Old 11-08-2018, 06:05 AM
erimir's Avatar
erimir erimir is offline
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dee Cee
Gender: Male
Posts: XMMDCCCLXXIV
Images: 11
Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmoduck View Post
I think the term "Nazi" is used far too loosely these days and has essentially lost all meaning it might once have carried.

So I'd say no, because in 2018, anyone is labeled "Nazi" now for simply not going along with the popular, or PC, mindset. Hear them out before you label them, rather than punching them.
I have some rubrics I use.

Do they have a problem with football players kneeling during the anthem? Well, I disagree, but they're not Nazis because of that.

Do they think that transgender people shouldn't be allowed to use the public bathroom that matches their gender? Well, that's not "PC" and I think it's bigoted, but it doesn't make them Nazis either.

Do they think that Jews are funding Central American migrant caravans in order to transform America? Yeah, sorry, but that sounds quite Nazi-ish, what with it being an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory that has already inspired one mass murder of Jews.

As it turns out, theories like that are supported by prominent national Republicans. I'm sorry if it's uncomfortable to acknowledge that.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Ari (11-08-2018), beyelzu (11-09-2018), But (11-08-2018), Crumb (11-08-2018), Ensign Steve (11-08-2018), lisarea (11-08-2018), mickthinks (11-08-2018), slimshady2357 (11-08-2018), Sock Puppet (11-08-2018), Stephen Maturin (11-09-2018), The Man (11-08-2018), viscousmemories (11-08-2018)
  #313  
Old 11-08-2018, 04:03 PM
lisarea's Avatar
lisarea lisarea is offline
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: XVMDCXXXVI
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 3
Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

That's pretty close to mine. I mean, I am acquainted with various types of Republicans and other conservatives, and I do not advocate punching them in the head. I don't even advocate punching people for being racist in most cases.

A lot of people do overuse the term Nazi. I mean, Rush Limbaugh and his fans were the prime examples. Godwin's law points up the inevitability of it, even. I certainly am not advocating punching "grammar Nazis" and "feminazis" in the head, or just anyone who has been described as a Nazi at some point, because that's pretty much everyone.

I advocate punching Richard Spencer in the head. I advocate punching someone in the head if they were actively espousing Nazi policies. I would probably only advocate gut punches for teenagers drawing swastikas to be edgy, though, and I do not advocate punching people for disagreeing with me about politics or regular, sub genocidal social policies.

For the most part, of course it's preferable to address things non-violently, but there is a point where people can no longer be reasoned with and where they pose a serious danger, and Nazism is that point. People should be as afraid to publicly advocate Nazi policies as they would be to publicly advocate raping babies. Because those things would get them punched in the head.

But the fact that Nazis are not currently a major political force doesn't mean there aren't plenty of Nazis and Nazi wannabes out there. And I think they need to be dealt with swiftly and violently as necessary as a last line of defense.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Ari (11-08-2018), beyelzu (11-09-2018), But (11-08-2018), slimshady2357 (11-08-2018), Sock Puppet (11-08-2018), The Man (11-08-2018), viscousmemories (11-08-2018)
  #314  
Old 11-08-2018, 10:01 PM
But's Avatar
But But is offline
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: MVDCIII
Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

Nip that shit in the bud. The real Nazis had no political opponents, only enemies to be destroyed. When they got the upper hand it was too late.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
lisarea (11-09-2018), slimshady2357 (11-08-2018), Stephen Maturin (11-09-2018), The Man (11-09-2018)
  #315  
Old 11-08-2018, 11:44 PM
Ari's Avatar
Ari Ari is offline
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area
Gender: Male
Posts: MXDCXXX
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
Do they think that Jews are funding Central American migrant caravans in order to transform America? Yeah, sorry, but that sounds quite Nazi-ish, what with it being an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory that has already inspired one mass murder of Jews.
This is part of my definition separating out Nazi's from just white nationalists. In their explanation do things that don't involve jews eventually snake around to some jewish person or jewish cabal as the cause, they might just be a nazi/neo-nazi. Since for some reason according to them jewish claws are always into everything, even things there's a chance they don't even know about existing.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (11-09-2018), Crumb (11-09-2018), slimshady2357 (11-09-2018), Stephen Maturin (11-09-2018), The Man (11-09-2018)
  #316  
Old 11-09-2018, 02:46 AM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Nutty Legionnaire Provost
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMMCCCVI
Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

Yeah, the calling your political opposition "Nazis" ship sailed a very long time ago, sometimes to lulzy effect. Here's Lewis Black in 2010 talking about Glenn Beck and his Nazi Tourettes, which I believe shares numerous genetic markers with a condition known as Obama Derangement Syndrome.

:lol:@"It's Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, except there's just one degree and Kevin Bacon is Hitler."

But on the other hand, when the office of POTUS issues a Holocaust Remembrance Day statement that doesn't mention Jews at the fuck all, well, it gives a fella pause.
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (11-09-2018), But (11-09-2018), Crumb (11-09-2018), slimshady2357 (11-09-2018), The Man (11-09-2018)
  #317  
Old 11-09-2018, 07:28 PM
beyelzu's Avatar
beyelzu beyelzu is offline
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: georgia
Posts: XMMMC
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 8
Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
That's pretty close to mine. I mean, I am acquainted with various types of Republicans and other conservatives, and I do not advocate punching them in the head. I don't even advocate punching people for being racist in most cases.

A lot of people do overuse the term Nazi. I mean, Rush Limbaugh and his fans were the prime examples. Godwin's law points up the inevitability of it, even. I certainly am not advocating punching "grammar Nazis" and "feminazis" in the head, or just anyone who has been described as a Nazi at some point, because that's pretty much everyone.

I advocate punching Richard Spencer in the head. I advocate punching someone in the head if they were actively espousing Nazi policies. I would probably only advocate gut punches for teenagers drawing swastikas to be edgy, though, and I do not advocate punching people for disagreeing with me about politics or regular, sub genocidal social policies.

For the most part, of course it's preferable to address things non-violently, but there is a point where people can no longer be reasoned with and where they pose a serious danger, and Nazism is that point. People should be as afraid to publicly advocate Nazi policies as they would be to publicly advocate raping babies. Because those things would get them punched in the head.

But the fact that Nazis are not currently a major political force doesn't mean there aren't plenty of Nazis and Nazi wannabes out there. And I think they need to be dealt with swiftly and violently as necessary as a last line of defense.

For me itís not Nazis. Itís Klan and Jim Crow 2.0 or Nazis with a Southern Drawl.

I knew lots of racist dipshits growing up who donít care about facts, or logic, or reason. They occasionally use such tools to argue but never in good faith. I think it is best to just provide censure. For many of these rightwing talking point spouting dipshits, an offer to take the conversation to a physical space is all they respect.

Some dipshits can only have their minds changed with a brick.

Since Iím a big, fat cro magnon looking asshole, they donít want to play. A touch of fear and censure can at least teach them to keep their bigoted views to themself.
__________________
:blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :steve: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (11-10-2018), Stephen Maturin (11-09-2018), The Man (11-09-2018)
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.62034 seconds with 16 queries