Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 08-30-2018, 06:41 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Default Re: Weird Dream(s)

Story!
Had a crazy dream that I think might mean I've been watching too many D&D videos on youtube. A new unknown force of evil was attacking magical shrines of power, wiping out their protectors. So I and a few other magic users were sent to save one of those not yet attacked. We arrived and a huge battle ensued against the evil henchmen, with fireballs, levitation, and matter phasing on both sides, the battle was fierce. One of our weapons was an invisible point particle that when projected at an enemy would implode or explode once it hit something, but unfortunately they had energy shields which could deflect our shots. One of us got the idea to use this to our advantage. While our telekinetics took time to get something moving to speed they could adjust the course of things once they were already moving, so I launched a few point particles at a bad guy while also taking obvious fireball potshots to keep them distracted. Their shields deflected them away, right into a bookshelf and wooden beams which both exploded into pieces, then our telekenetics redirected all the fragments into them while the bulk of their shield was still dealing with my fireballs, knocking one down and throwing thousands of pages of shredded paper into the others faces. Enabling us to move forward, phasing through the storm of wood and paper to grab their objects of power, rendering them mere mortals again, and apparently no longer of any danger to us. With at least one building a smoldering pile of magic flame we collected the people and magic objects we had come for, then high tailed it out of there before reinforcements arrived.

Arriving at a local school (oddly a single building school, which I have never gone too) we found a room to protect and call upon my magic patrons to recharge and figure out what was next. And so they appeared, these ancient beings of immense power, who had long ago amassed too much energy to hold in their bodies so they transcended to another plan of energy then projected themselves back down in avatars to grant others slivers of their power. As long as I stayed in their good graces I would be filled with magic. They formed up as... a giant pile of puppies and kitties! My group of ancient beings had apparently decided that this whole human thing was pretty lame and played out and wanted to come back as something better. So I went around giving the required pets and ear scratchies to maintain my reality warping abilities. This was also apparently *not* how things normally are as those from the shrine we saved were extremely confused as to why we had stopped to pet a load of randomly appearing doggies and we had to explain what they really were to them. Once I recharged my powers I was able to transmute the enemy's objects of power to dog biscuits and tuna cans for my patrons to consume to learn their secrets.

Unfortunately as I was tossing them bones and tuna bites the dream ended. Who knows what the new ancient evil had in store for the world of magic, or why it couldn't infuse people with it's powers, relying on enchanted items instead.
Thanks, from:
But (08-30-2018), Corona688 (09-12-2018), Crumb (08-30-2018), Ensign Steve (08-30-2018), JoeP (08-30-2018), lisarea (08-30-2018), Qingdai (09-11-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 08:15 AM
[thanks] whisperer

There are so many awesome things in that dream :cheerful:

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:       :eur:       :m&ms::m&ms::twix::twix: (rotated 180°):m&ms::m&ms:
Thanks, from:
Ari (08-30-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 06:29 PM
I'm a regular Victor Victoria

Space opera self deleting from my brain by the minute.

As part of a faction of humans, arrived on a planet belonging to a different faction of humans, that love the colour orange on everything tor some reason, ane I don't mean Trump orange but there might have been a dreamscape reference, with some nebulous and ever changing small cast of friends.

Discover there were prior inhabitants of the world from a charred city the new settlement city is beint built around.

Do a thing that draws attention of secret policeman who wants a data disc in my possession. On a small air ship at night with squadron of team mates approaching a car parkade for flying cars, alt tab on approach and tab back about to land but the team disappeared.

Land, secret police guy on loudspeaker calling for surrender of the data disc. Flee with a friend into a closed shopping center while police guy pounds area with an orbital death ray that simply kills, not blows shit up, in a small area.

Shopping mall opens, get a music case to conceal data disc. Arrive at a tourist pier that has a colony ship that was being unloaded. Spend day on pier. Days there seem to be variable, minutes to hours.

Work out a taunting message for policeman and leave decoy data disc and exit pier against the flow of pedestrian traffic trying to reboard the colony ship in restrained panic at the orbital bombardment looking for me the prior night.

Chewbacca was there for some reason.

Wake up.

:BC: :canada:
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (09-11-2018), JoeP (09-11-2018), lisarea (09-10-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 01:45 PM
I'm a regular Victor Victoria

A tentacle reaching out snatch someone into the water. Woke up needing to pee. God damn it. :lol:

:BC: :canada:
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (09-16-2018), JoeP (09-11-2018), lisarea (09-11-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 04:28 PM
Dogehlaugher -Scrutari

INGRESS DREAM WARNING

Went to an anomaly decided I was too tired to drive back and we had gotten scattered in the aftermath of the mission day/brunch drinking shuffle.
Decided to meet friends at checkout to plan. Niantic is doing a story-themed after presentation. I'm sitting at a back table that begins to move and takes us to a "crime scene" with a came to life "victim" and lots of gory details.
Yes there's a effing floating table.
One party from the table promptly loses her brunch and we all begin complaining about the timing of the display, but aren't let out until we look and identify "clues" (is this what an escape room is like?)

The story is the semi-predictable "the government is doing unregulated research on poor people" spend the rest of the dream complaining and trying to figure out how I'm going to get back home from the event.
Ari (09-12-2018), But (09-11-2018), Ensign Steve (09-16-2018), JoeP (09-11-2018), lisarea (09-11-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 06:36 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Reading that it's not quite clear what is the weird dream stuff and what is normal weird game stuff.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (09-11-2018), Qingdai (09-13-2018)

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium