Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Old 11-07-2017, 10:11 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Our elected officials use our federal tax dollars in whatever way they feel will protect our nation. We may not like some of the policies so we use our voting power to try to change what we don't like.
lol "our" tax dollars

But yes, I agree, and that's exactly what we should be advocating. Only Congress can amend the Internal Revenue Code. In this instance, it should.

I think we can all agree that murder is wrong. Additionally, no one would seriously dispute that it's also wrong to take people's hard-earned income through legal compulsion and give the money to murderers so that they can commit more murders.

Thus, considerations of fundamental decency dictate that we have a personal belief exemption allowing taxpayers to opt out of having any funds collected by them sent to Israel, a murderous rogue state.

I'm not arguing for abolishing the federal income tax, nor am I calling for termination of U.S. foreign aid to Israel. If the morally depraved want to subsidize the savage murder of more innocent children, that's fine. They don't need to opt out. But Americans with a functioning moral compass should have the option not to subsidize such heinous misconduct.

Right?

Quote:
This is not the same as the right of government to take away personal exemptions on behalf of our children who are now receiving 49 doses of vaccine (and counting) before the tender age of 6.
The issues are structurally identical. Vaccine legislation is done at the state level. It's not a matter of "tak[ing] away" personal exemptions but rather of getting them enacted in the first place. Last I checked, only 18 of the 50 states had personal belief exemptions. So, just like a personal belief exemption from foreign aid to Israel, it's all about getting legislatures to enact them.

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
But (11-07-2017), ChuckF (11-08-2017), The Man (11-07-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 02:35 AM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Then what's going on there? Why do spacecraft hit their targets when they are tens of thousands of kilometers from where we think they are?
This is totally unrelated But!
Yes, but what's the answer??

:confused:
Weíve been through this already. Nothing here conflicts with Lessansí observations. This is not the right thread to be discussing this, and I have no desire to get into it again. Your mind is already closed.

How do space probes navigate large distances with such accuracy and how do the mission controllers know when they've reached their target? - Scientific American
Why has no one noticed that the planet is in a different position from where the radio signal comes from?
Thanks, from:
Dragar (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
Our elected officials use our federal tax dollars in whatever way they feel will protect our nation. We may not like some of the policies so we use our voting power to try to change what we don't like.
lol "our" tax dollars

But yes, I agree, and that's exactly what we should be advocating. Only Congress can amend the Internal Revenue Code. In this instance, it should.

I think we can all agree that murder is wrong. Additionally, no one would seriously dispute that it's also wrong to take people's hard-earned income through legal compulsion and give the money to murderers so that they can commit more murders.

Thus, considerations of fundamental decency dictate that we have a personal belief exemption allowing taxpayers to opt out of having any funds collected by them sent to Israel, a murderous rogue state.

I'm not arguing for abolishing the federal income tax, nor am I calling for termination of U.S. foreign aid to Israel. If the morally depraved want to subsidize the savage murder of more innocent children, that's fine. They don't need to opt out. But Americans with a functioning moral compass should have the option not to subsidize such heinous misconduct.

Right?
If someone is against war then supplying a country with arsenal to kill through their taxes may be difficult to handle. Maybe they should enact a personal exemption. Force (or taking people’s rights away) by government creates madmen like Timothy McVeigh. No matter how you try to justify the right of government to usurp the parent’s role in deciding what’s best for their child will not turn out well, especially when there is a conflict as to what constitutes healthy living. Parents have a greater stake in their child’s well-being than any government employee. After all, they are elected to serve the interests of their constituents, not the other way around.

Quote:
This is not the same as the right of government to take away personal exemptions on behalf of our children who are now receiving 49 doses of vaccine (and counting) before the tender age of 6.
The issues are structurally identical. Vaccine legislation is done at the state level. It's not a matter of "tak[ing] away" personal exemptions but rather of getting them enacted in the first place. Last I checked, only 18 of the 50 states had personal belief exemptions. So, just like a personal belief exemption from foreign aid to Israel, it's all about getting legislatures to enact them.[/QUOTE]

Whatever it takes! Parents shouldn’t have to offer a reason. They should enact an opt out clause as part of the benefit of living in a free country.

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 11-08-2017, 03:33 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Force (or taking people’s rights away) by government creates madmen like Timothy McVeigh.
Uh...peacegirl, do you think the government made Timothy McVeigh blow up the federal building??

peacegirl, do you disagree with Seymour Lessans that "everything a man does to another is done only because he wants to do it...?"

peacegirl, do you reject the teaching of the Authentic Text that Timothy McVeigh was following the path of greater satisfaction?

Thanks, from:
But (11-08-2017), Dragar (11-08-2017), The Man (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Force (or taking people’s rights away) by government creates madmen like Timothy McVeigh.
Uh...peacegirl, do you think the government made Timothy McVeigh blow up the federal building??

peacegirl, do you disagree with Seymour Lessans that "everything a man does to another is done only because he wants to do it...?"

peacegirl, do you reject the teaching of the Authentic Text that Timothy McVeigh was following the path of greater satisfaction?

This just shows me how very confused you are. No one can compel someone to do anything against his will, but the conditions can be such that make a person desire, in the direction of greater satisfaction, to do the very thing our laws and mandates are trying, but failing, to prevent. Of course, McVeigh didn't have to blow up the Federal Building if he didn't want to...BUT HE WANTED TO based on his anger at the government, along with the justification necessary to do what he did.

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 04:43 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

lol pretend ignore ftw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-08-2017, 05:26 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Of course, McVeigh didn't have to blow up the Federal Building if he didn't want to...BUT HE WANTED TO based on his anger at the government, along with the justification necessary to do what he did.
Wow. peacegirl, you think Timothy McVeigh had the "justification necessary" to blow up the Murrah Federal Building? Like, just because he was angry?

peacegirl, you understand that 168 people died when Timothy McVeigh followed his path of greater satisfaction, right? Do you understand that 19 of them were children?

peacegirl, as a grandmother, do you not spare a thought for those children that Timothy McVeigh blew up?
Thanks, from:
The Man (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 07:06 PM

Alert Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Quote:
Of course, McVeigh didn't have to blow up the Federal Building if he didn't want to...BUT HE WANTED TO based on his anger at the government, along with the justification necessary to do what he did.
Wow. peacegirl, you think Timothy McVeigh had the "justification necessary" to blow up the Murrah Federal Building? Like, just because he was angry?
In his mind, he felt justified. This has nothing to do with what you or I think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by “ChuckF”
peacegirl, you understand that 168 people died when Timothy McVeigh followed his path of greater satisfaction, right? Do you understand that 19 of them were children?

peacegirl, as a grandmother, do you not spare a thought for those children that Timothy McVeigh blew up?
You’re out the door! Of course it’s heartbreaking! All of the shootings and bombings and mowing innocent people down are heartbreaking!

Last edited by peacegirl; 11-08-2017 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:10 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Youíre out the door!
peacegirl, do you blame Timothy McVeigh for blowing up the Murrah Federal Building?
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (11-08-2017), The Man (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
lol pretend ignore ftw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You were on ignore but I saw your post before I signed in and I couldn’t resist answering because you are so confused..

Old 11-08-2017, 08:33 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
You were on ignore but I saw your post before I signed in and I couldnít resist answering because you are so confused..
Yes, of course, I am sure that is completely and totally true, no doubt. :nod:
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (11-08-2017), The Man (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 08:50 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Quote:
The loss of life is sad, of course, but Tim McVeigh turning those young 'uns into smoldering hamburger was a sine qua non in God's plan to bring about the Golden Age, so it's all good.

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

Thanks, from:
ChuckF (11-08-2017), The Man (11-09-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You were on ignore but I saw your post before I signed in and I couldnít resist answering because you are so confused..
Yes, of course, I am sure that is completely and totally true, no doubt. :nod:
It is very true and unless you have a legitimate question, without the innuendos, we are done communicating.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The loss of life is sad, of course, but Tim McVeigh turning those young 'uns into smoldering hamburger was a sine qua non in God's plan to bring about the Golden Age, so it's all good.
It happened Maturin and it can’t be undone. All we can do is try to make our world safer, moving forward.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:18 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

peacegirl, do you blame Timothy McVeigh for blowing up the Murrah Federal Building?
Thanks, from:
The Man (11-09-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I feel sad that someone would feel such rage that he would desire to get his revenge in this way. Once again, you are very confused.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:31 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Quote:

I feel sad that someone would feel such rage that he would desire to get his revenge in this way. Once again, you are very confused.
peacegirl, can you not say whether your blame Timothy McVeigh for blowing up the Murrah Federal Building?
Thanks, from:
The Man (11-09-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

peacegirl, can you not say whether your blame Timothy McVeigh for blowing up the Murrah Federal Building?
Blame implies he could have done otherwise, which he could not have. I do believe that harsh punishment was the appropriate response because it serves as a deterrent. Unfortunately, it doesn’t always work.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:53 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Blame implies he could have done otherwise, which he could not have. I do believe that harsh punishment was the appropriate response because it serves as a deterrent. Unfortunately, it doesnít always work.
So peacegirl, to be clear, you do not blame Timothy McVeigh for blowing up the Murrah Federal Building?
Thanks, from:
The Man (11-09-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 09:54 PM
Mayor of Mayonnaise

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It happened Maturin and it canít be undone. All we can do is try to make our world safer, moving forward.
As opposed to moving backward, dear? :confused:

If we are moving backward, now, does this mean you are going to unmurder my little Adolf?

Bully! Murderess! Corruptrix! :cry:
The Man (11-09-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 09:57 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF
So peacegirl, to be clear, you do not blame Timothy McVeigh for blowing up the Murrah Federal Building?
When you think about it, Timothy McVeigh was a victim too. :sadcheer:

Thanks, from:
The Man (11-09-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 10:08 PM
Mayor of Mayonnaise

Quote:
Quote:
Indeed, dear. There are good people on both sides of the fraught issue of whether to bomb federal buildings and commit mass murder.
ChuckF (11-08-2017), Stephen Maturin (11-08-2017), The Man (11-09-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Thatís what he must have felt. No one is condoning what he did!

Old 11-08-2017, 11:47 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

#TimmyNeedsAHug

Thanks, from:
ChuckF (11-09-2017), The Man (11-09-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 12:15 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

peacegirl, do you blame Hitler for the Holocaust? Do you think Hitler was also a victim of the Holocaust?
Thanks, from:
The Man (11-09-2017)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle