Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 01-22-2017, 07:49 PM

Default The right to bear arms, first and foremost, should go to women and gays.

The right to bear arms, first and foremost, should go to women and gays.

Women and gays are the ones who need arms the most. They are the usual victims of violence by arms. Statistics show that males produced the vast majority of violent crimes.

Women seem to be more level headed in terms of less of a propensity for violence. Mothers tend to make better peace keepers than fathers. Fathers will generally agree.

Given that man wants to be armed so as to protect the women of our species, women as the epitome of why a natural man exists, reproduction wise, logic and reason dictates that women and gays, being the more peaceful and vulnerable of our species, should be given the first rite of ownership of our armory.

Regards
DL
Old 01-22-2017, 07:58 PM
Fishy mokey

Default Re: The right to bear arms, first and foremost, should go to women and gays.

:towelie:
JoeP (01-22-2017), Sock Puppet (01-23-2017), SR71 (01-23-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-23-2017), Stormlight (01-22-2017), The Man (01-22-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 07:59 PM
Fishy mokey

Default Re: The right to bear arms, first and foremost, should go to women and gays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
Given that man wants (etc. blahblah)
Not a given. You keep doing that.
Angakuk (01-24-2017), Sock Puppet (01-23-2017), SR71 (01-23-2017), Stormlight (01-22-2017), The Man (01-22-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 08:09 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

I shall give my bear arms to women and children first, but what about bear heads or bear legs?
Thanks, from:
SR71 (01-23-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-23-2017), Stormlight (01-22-2017), The Man (01-22-2017), Watser? (01-22-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 08:42 PM
Fishy mokey

It's like that saying: four-armed is bear-armed.

Or was it bear-warmed? :think:
Angakuk (01-24-2017), Ari (01-23-2017), SR71 (01-23-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-23-2017), Stormlight (01-22-2017), The Man (01-22-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 09:43 AM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Another example of how stereotypes and lazy assumptions take only a few lines to spout, but if we wanted to unpack the sexism, the stereotyping, the equating of social mores with some sort of ordained natural order in order to legitimize a condescending paternalism, it would take paragraphs.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-24-2017), Ari (01-23-2017), Kyuss Apollo (01-29-2017), lisarea (01-23-2017), Pan Narrans (01-23-2017), Sock Puppet (01-23-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-23-2017), Stormlight (01-25-2017), The Man (01-23-2017), Watser? (01-23-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 07:31 PM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

In other words -
Being right is hard work. Stupid is easy.
Kyuss Apollo (01-29-2017), Limoncello (01-24-2017), lisarea (01-24-2017), Pan Narrans (01-26-2017), Sock Puppet (01-27-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-26-2017), Stormlight (01-25-2017), The Man (01-24-2017), Vivisectus (01-25-2017)
Old 01-26-2017, 06:56 PM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

I appreciate the sentiment that oppressed classes should be able to protect themselves. I'm not so sure how under threat that is, but I do find it unsettling that mental illness disqualifies a person from getting a gun but not toxic political ideology. I personally support disarming the government much more than I support disarming citizens unless they've been convicted of a violent crime (not out of self-defense, etc).

:thanked:

Last edited by Gonzo; 01-26-2017 at 11:51 PM.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (01-26-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Another example of how stereotypes and lazy assumptions take only a few lines to spout, but if we wanted to unpack the sexism, the stereotyping, the equating of social mores with some sort of ordained natural order in order to legitimize a condescending paternalism, it would take paragraphs.
Males make up 95% of jail space while women have 5%.

To not stereotype males as a lot more prone to violence than women and gays is to give males a free pass.

You used your idiocy just so that you could call names. Grow up.

Regards
DL
Old 02-02-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
I appreciate the sentiment that oppressed classes should be able to protect themselves. I'm not so sure how under threat that is, but I do find it unsettling that mental illness disqualifies a person from getting a gun but not toxic political ideology. I personally support disarming the government much more than I support disarming citizens unless they've been convicted of a violent crime (not out of self-defense, etc).
How long do you think the U.S. would stand if it did not have a standing army?

Regards
DL
Old 02-02-2017, 08:57 PM
Bow down before me ... or not.

Being able to own firearms is not based on color or gender or sexual orientation. It's based on age and whether society (through the court system) views a person as being more likely to be violent or incapacitated.

Ageism against the young. That's why I had to buy my daughters their guns before teaching them how to use them.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGod View Post
Being able to own firearms is not based on color or gender or sexual orientation. It's based on age and whether society (through the court system) views a person as being more likely to be violent or incapacitated.

Ageism against the young. That's why I had to buy my daughters their guns before teaching them how to use them.
Most laws are age sensitive and I have no problem with that.

A good amendment might be to have young men restricted to a higher age than women, given that young men are more violent prone than young women.

How old were your daughters?

Regards
DL
Old 02-03-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Quote:

To not stereotype males as a lot more prone to violence than women and gays is to give males a free pass.

Regards
DL
Not really, since all you did is double down on equating social mores with some sort of natural order, and handily shuffle gay people in with women. It is once again the sort of sexism that advocates not equality, but simply more responsible paternalism. And that is essentially the problem: you treat some sort of paternalist relationship between the strong but violent males and the weak but pacifistic females as a given, and then quote the current situation, where such a system is in place, as evidence that this system is biologically determined.

It is like saying that members of the 18th century aristocracy are better suited to leadership because loads of them are in positions of leadership, ignoring the fact that peasants face massive obstacles to get to such a position.

Note how unpacking your slogans once again takes several paragraphs.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-03-2017), But (02-03-2017), Gonzo (02-16-2017), JoeP (02-03-2017), Sock Puppet (02-04-2017), The Man (02-03-2017), Watser? (02-03-2017)
Old 02-03-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Regards
DL
Not really, since all you did is double down on equating social mores with some sort of natural order, and handily shuffle gay people in with women. It is once again the sort of sexism that advocates not equality, but simply more responsible paternalism. And that is essentially the problem: you treat some sort of paternalist relationship between the strong but violent males and the weak but pacifistic females as a given, and then quote the current situation, where such a system is in place, as evidence that this system is biologically determined.

It is like saying that members of the 18th century aristocracy are better suited to leadership because loads of them are in positions of leadership, ignoring the fact that peasants face massive obstacles to get to such a position.

Note how unpacking your slogans once again takes several paragraphs.
Speculative nonsense is always lengthy.

Regards
DL
Old 02-03-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Not at all: you seem to manage it in very few lines.

You claim male violence as a good reason to give females and homosexuals (male homosexuals apparently don't count as real males) easier access to firearms.

Rather than, say, doing something about the way we accept male violence as normal, to be expected, kind of natural.

Combined with the paternalistic views you have demonstrated in your entire posting history here, it is hardly speculative to point out that many of your presuppositions involve the feeling that these tendencies are overwhelmingly biologically determined. In one previous post, you floated the wonderfully circular notion that male violent tendencies exist to protect females and other weak people, like children... from the violence of other males. That it is rather odd that this violence in males is now both the problem and the solution never bothered you, or the fact that the only evidence you cite is, well, male violence.

It just happens that you do not particularly enjoy having it pointed out to you that this is merely a very convenient way of arranging ideas so they do not conflict with your sense of privilege.

If you did not think this way, your solution would not be to give the poor weak women and effeminate homosexuals bigger sticks so they can keep up with the big strong males.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-03-2017), Gonzo (02-16-2017), Sock Puppet (02-04-2017), The Man (02-03-2017), Watser? (02-03-2017)
Old 02-03-2017, 02:48 PM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Quote:

I suggest that you follow your own advice.
Angakuk (02-03-2017), Gonzo (02-16-2017), The Man (02-03-2017)
Old 02-03-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Not at all: you seem to manage it in very few lines.

You claim male violence as a good reason to give females and homosexuals (male homosexuals apparently don't count as real males) easier access to firearms.

Rather than, say, doing something about the way we accept male violence as normal, to be expected, kind of natural.
We do accept male violence as more normal. Look at any school yard.

You might also look at any other mammal to see how it is almost always the males that are the most violent.

Recognizing our own violence prone male natures is why I think it stupid to allow males to arm themselves more than females.

To continue to do the same thing while expecting things to get better is insane.

Regards
DL
Old 02-06-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
You might also look at any other mammal to see how it is almost always the males that are the most violent.
That is what I mean: we accept male violence, and then mumble something vague about how this is some sort of general biologically determined thing, probably. This is lovely and simple, and saves us having to think too hard about things like privilege, uneven distributions of power, and social norms that have developed during thousands of years of the kind of sexism that even you would find extreme.

It is like saying 19th century aristocrats are just naturally more suitable for officer's roles in the Navy. It helps to legitimize the status quo as somehow pre-ordained, the result of a natural law, rather than the result of a system that favors a group of people you belong to.

That is what I meant by
Quote:
the equating of social mores with some sort of ordained natural order in order to legitimize a condescending paternalism
And yes indeed, down that road you go, pretty much as predicted.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-08-2017), Gonzo (02-16-2017), Sock Puppet (02-06-2017), Stephen Maturin (02-06-2017), The Lone Ranger (02-08-2017), The Man (02-06-2017), Watser? (02-06-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
That is what I mean: we accept male violence, and then mumble something vague about how this is some sort of general biologically determined thing, probably. This is lovely and simple, and saves us having to think too hard about things like privilege, uneven distributions of power, and social norms that have developed during thousands of years of the kind of sexism that even you would find extreme.

It is like saying 19th century aristocrats are just naturally more suitable for officer's roles in the Navy. It helps to legitimize the status quo as somehow pre-ordained, the result of a natural law, rather than the result of a system that favors a group of people you belong to.

That is what I meant by
Quote:
the equating of social mores with some sort of ordained natural order in order to legitimize a condescending paternalism
And yes indeed, down that road you go, pretty much as predicted.
Sure, but it beats denying the truth.

We men cannot or will not grant women and gays equality if we do not recognize that it is men who are denying them that equality.

We will not change our natures or get them to do the right thing if we deny what we are.

Regards
DL
Old 02-06-2017, 09:17 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

LOL.
Thanks, from:
Ari (02-17-2017), Gonzo (02-16-2017), Stephen Maturin (02-06-2017), Stormlight (02-08-2017), The Man (02-07-2017), Vivisectus (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
We men cannot or will not grant women and gays equality if we do not recognize that it is men who are denying them that equality.

We will not change our natures or get them to do the right thing if we deny what we are.

Regards
DL
So legitimizing male violence by calling it natural is required to stop legitimizing male violence as natural. Gotcha.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-08-2017), Gonzo (02-16-2017), Stephen Maturin (02-08-2017), The Lone Ranger (02-08-2017), The Man (02-07-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 02:28 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Nevermind.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
Until this dipshit thread came along, I had no idea that it's impossible to be gay and a man simultaneously.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-09-2017), Ari (02-17-2017), Gonzo (02-16-2017), JoeP (02-09-2017), Sock Puppet (02-09-2017), The Lone Ranger (02-08-2017), The Man (02-09-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 09:49 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

I'm not sure if he's an idiot or on some weird combination of prescription drugs.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-09-2017), Gonzo (02-16-2017), Sock Puppet (02-09-2017), Stephen Maturin (02-08-2017), The Man (02-09-2017), Watser? (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

That is indeed difficult to say. For now, I think the best we can do is note that those options aren't mutually exclusive.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-09-2017), But (02-08-2017), Gonzo (02-16-2017), Sock Puppet (02-09-2017), The Man (02-09-2017), Watser? (02-08-2017)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law