Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 08-30-2018, 06:41 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Default Re: Weird Dream(s)

Story!
Had a crazy dream that I think might mean I've been watching too many D&D videos on youtube. A new unknown force of evil was attacking magical shrines of power, wiping out their protectors. So I and a few other magic users were sent to save one of those not yet attacked. We arrived and a huge battle ensued against the evil henchmen, with fireballs, levitation, and matter phasing on both sides, the battle was fierce. One of our weapons was an invisible point particle that when projected at an enemy would implode or explode once it hit something, but unfortunately they had energy shields which could deflect our shots. One of us got the idea to use this to our advantage. While our telekinetics took time to get something moving to speed they could adjust the course of things once they were already moving, so I launched a few point particles at a bad guy while also taking obvious fireball potshots to keep them distracted. Their shields deflected them away, right into a bookshelf and wooden beams which both exploded into pieces, then our telekenetics redirected all the fragments into them while the bulk of their shield was still dealing with my fireballs, knocking one down and throwing thousands of pages of shredded paper into the others faces. Enabling us to move forward, phasing through the storm of wood and paper to grab their objects of power, rendering them mere mortals again, and apparently no longer of any danger to us. With at least one building a smoldering pile of magic flame we collected the people and magic objects we had come for, then high tailed it out of there before reinforcements arrived.

Arriving at a local school (oddly a single building school, which I have never gone too) we found a room to protect and call upon my magic patrons to recharge and figure out what was next. And so they appeared, these ancient beings of immense power, who had long ago amassed too much energy to hold in their bodies so they transcended to another plan of energy then projected themselves back down in avatars to grant others slivers of their power. As long as I stayed in their good graces I would be filled with magic. They formed up as... a giant pile of puppies and kitties! My group of ancient beings had apparently decided that this whole human thing was pretty lame and played out and wanted to come back as something better. So I went around giving the required pets and ear scratchies to maintain my reality warping abilities. This was also apparently *not* how things normally are as those from the shrine we saved were extremely confused as to why we had stopped to pet a load of randomly appearing doggies and we had to explain what they really were to them. Once I recharged my powers I was able to transmute the enemy's objects of power to dog biscuits and tuna cans for my patrons to consume to learn their secrets.

Unfortunately as I was tossing them bones and tuna bites the dream ended. Who knows what the new ancient evil had in store for the world of magic, or why it couldn't infuse people with it's powers, relying on enchanted items instead.
Thanks, from:
But (08-30-2018), Corona688 (09-12-2018), Crumb (08-30-2018), Ensign Steve (08-30-2018), JoeP (08-30-2018), lisarea (08-30-2018), Qingdai (09-11-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 08:15 AM
Solipsist

There are so many awesome things in that dream :cheerful:

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Ari (08-30-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 06:29 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Space opera self deleting from my brain by the minute.

As part of a faction of humans, arrived on a planet belonging to a different faction of humans, that love the colour orange on everything tor some reason, ane I don't mean Trump orange but there might have been a dreamscape reference, with some nebulous and ever changing small cast of friends.

Discover there were prior inhabitants of the world from a charred city the new settlement city is beint built around.

Do a thing that draws attention of secret policeman who wants a data disc in my possession. On a small air ship at night with squadron of team mates approaching a car parkade for flying cars, alt tab on approach and tab back about to land but the team disappeared.

Land, secret police guy on loudspeaker calling for surrender of the data disc. Flee with a friend into a closed shopping center while police guy pounds area with an orbital death ray that simply kills, not blows shit up, in a small area.

Shopping mall opens, get a music case to conceal data disc. Arrive at a tourist pier that has a colony ship that was being unloaded. Spend day on pier. Days there seem to be variable, minutes to hours.

Work out a taunting message for policeman and leave decoy data disc and exit pier against the flow of pedestrian traffic trying to reboard the colony ship in restrained panic at the orbital bombardment looking for me the prior night.

Chewbacca was there for some reason.

Wake up.

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (09-11-2018), JoeP (09-11-2018), lisarea (09-10-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 01:45 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

A tentacle reaching out snatch someone into the water. Woke up needing to pee. God damn it. :lol:

Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (09-16-2018), JoeP (09-11-2018), lisarea (09-11-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 04:28 PM
Dogehlaugher -Scrutari

INGRESS DREAM WARNING

Went to an anomaly decided I was too tired to drive back and we had gotten scattered in the aftermath of the mission day/brunch drinking shuffle.
Decided to meet friends at checkout to plan. Niantic is doing a story-themed after presentation. I'm sitting at a back table that begins to move and takes us to a "crime scene" with a came to life "victim" and lots of gory details.
Yes there's a effing floating table.
One party from the table promptly loses her brunch and we all begin complaining about the timing of the display, but aren't let out until we look and identify "clues" (is this what an escape room is like?)

The story is the semi-predictable "the government is doing unregulated research on poor people" spend the rest of the dream complaining and trying to figure out how I'm going to get back home from the event.
Ari (09-12-2018), But (09-11-2018), Ensign Steve (09-16-2018), JoeP (09-11-2018), lisarea (09-11-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 06:36 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Reading that it's not quite clear what is the weird dream stuff and what is normal weird game stuff.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (09-11-2018), Qingdai (09-13-2018)
Old 10-21-2018, 09:52 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

No idea the context, but it seemed really smart or something at the time:

Tubal ligation/Tribal litigation

If any of you figure out how to make a bunch of money off that somehow, please give me some of it.
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (10-22-2018), Kamilah Hauptmann (10-21-2018), slimshady2357 (10-22-2018)
Old 10-21-2018, 11:25 PM
Solipsist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
Tubal ligation/Tribal litigation
Forced sterilisation of tribal women, ignored by the law for decades ... until the dreams of one woman ...

Thanks, from:
lisarea (10-21-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 01:17 PM

So I was in South Carolina with a bunch of people on a business trip and we were booked at this "haunted hotel," which is like some tourist attraction where you get to pick the style of haunted room you want and then there are different creepy paintings and fake blood stains or whatever, and the maids try to spook you.

But anyway, some coworker has a side gig as Sean Hannity's nanny, so the bunch of us are trying to cross a really busy street with no sidewalks or anything with Sean Hannity's two horrible children and his pet warthog. So one of the horrible kids that the nanny is holding starts throwing a huge tantrum and he grabs a piece of fried chicken out of the bucket he's carrying and throws it in the street. Someone goes to pick it up to throw it away, but before they can get to it, the warthog runs up and pees a river of steaming brown urine on top of it, so everyone is like NOPE, and we just get as far away from it as we can.

I woke up while we were all still standing in the median of a busy highway trying to distance ourselves from the piss chicken.

PS that last one is back in the news: AFN national chief calls forced sterilization of Indigenous women "gross human-rights violation" - The Globe and Mail
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (11-16-2018), But (11-17-2018), Corona688 (11-19-2018), Ensign Steve (11-16-2018), Kamilah Hauptmann (11-16-2018), Sock Puppet (11-19-2018)
Old 11-17-2018, 07:47 PM
Coffin Creep

It took me halfway through the second paragraph to realize that this was the dreams thread.
BrotherMan (11-18-2018), Crumb (11-17-2018), Ensign Steve (11-17-2018), Kamilah Hauptmann (11-17-2018), lisarea (11-17-2018), SharonDee (11-24-2018), slimshady2357 (11-19-2018), Sock Puppet (11-19-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 07:11 AM
Forum Killer

This thing.

Wings don't work that way, I am consciously aware. It could walk around at a good clip using them like forelimbs. I'm not sure it was an owl. Other details are fading from memory fast and I filled in details partly from barn owls.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:31 AM
Solipsist

Not wings ... dreads. That's a rasta owl. A rastowl.

Thanks, from:
Crumb (11-27-2018), Ymir's blood (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 02:42 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

I thought it was an owl in a fur coat.
JoeP (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 03:04 PM
Solipsist

Somewhat relevant to thrad:

Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (11-27-2018), Kamilah Hauptmann (11-27-2018), lisarea (11-27-2018), Sock Puppet (11-27-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 11:57 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Kid escapes an abusive situation at home through the parkade on his bike and it turns out the abuser is Darth Vader who on the hunt for the kid regroups at a McDonald's running a Star Wars promo because it's obviously staffed by terrified members of the 501st in full costume.

Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (11-28-2018), But (12-01-2018), Corona688 (12-02-2018), JoeP (11-28-2018), lisarea (11-28-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 11:32 PM

I was watching an experimental aircraft cruise overhead, a tail rudder fell off and as in every dream where I watch an airplane, it crashed, right into the hangar. I ran toward the crash site across a field in socks. Turns out everyone was OK, we got into buses and drove off. We went to a lecture on some sort of really advanced science thing but we came in right during the final minute. The lecturer said he had done something with a quantum bit which was an orange point of light on his slides. That was the end of the lecture. I knew somehow that this was super important and asked him about it. He said we could discuss it at his place. On the way there he was going on about how he was hungry but there was some increasingly weird innuendo and begging about it. A friend who was with me gave me this look until I got the message that the professor was hitting on me.

At a later point I was, for whatever reason, in a heated argument with some woman behind a glass door. I opened the door, behind it was a shower and with her in the shower was a tough looking muscular Asian guy with a whip wrapped around his hand who gave me a really angry look and then started attacking me. I struggled to pin him against the walls and furniture so he couldn't do anything and started chewing through his whip which turned out to be a very personal ornament and status symbol. I knew that if I could rip it into several pieces he would get severely depressed and quit.

There was a lot more, I really need to get a dictaphone.
Thanks, from:
Corona688 (12-02-2018), Ensign Steve (12-03-2018), JoeP (12-01-2018), lisarea (12-02-2018), slimshady2357 (12-02-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 07:50 PM

I was involved in building a museum for 1920s Berlin S-Bahn trains. Someone handed me some sort of signaling equipment that looked like a big deodorant can to carry it into another room. Under the cap was a blinking red light and the device was sensitive to shocks, so when I tripped and almost fell, the light went steady and it made a faint squeaking noise. It also had "hand grenade" printed on it so I threw it into one of the rooms, each of which was built like a different S-Bahn wagon. I kept the big lower can part in my hand, which would seem very stupid, but in dreams you just know these things. The cap exploded in a big bright red fireball but caused no real damage.

There was a school building with classrooms, big spacious areas and long corridors. At some point I was looking at something that was not quite clear what it was, a computer rendering, a photo or something. When I looked closer it looked like a photo taken from inside someone's head and looking out through the eye sockets. It was explained that this was someone without a frontal lobe. Then the guy himself tried to explain it to me but he used the wrong words which were barely recognizable. I looked inside his head and there was a lot more missing than the frontal lobe. He kept talking complete syllable salad gibberish. Then he took two screwdrivers and threw them down from a balcony, not at anyone in particular, but I got very uncomfortable from the way he interacted with his environment in an extroverted manner that made little sense. I tried to walk away quickly but inconspicuously in random directions through the building. It was a weird way of walking, not running, but also stepping on the walls around corners and staircases like slow motion Parkour, all the while hearing his voice somewhere behind me.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (12-02-2018), lisarea (12-08-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 03:47 PM

I had a huge thing of meat. I guess a "side of beef" or something. It was just a big giant piece of meat. So I was up in the attic, which was the only place I had enough space for it, and I was butchering it into steaks and things and putting them in bags and containers to freeze. And I was stressing out because I didn't have room in the freezer for it. So this is a pretty normal "frustrating task" dream, but what set it apart was that I woke all the way up two or three times to deal with that attic meat. One time, to get on Craigslist to find a freezer, and then I came super-close to waking Matlock up to help me go get some bags of ice at McDonald's because they're open 24 hours.

I got all the way out of bed and everything before I would realize it was a dream and I could go back to sleep, but after I went back to sleep, the dream just kept going where it left off.
Thanks, from:
Ari (12-08-2018), But (12-09-2018), Corona688 (12-14-2018), Crumb (12-09-2018), JoeP (12-08-2018), Kamilah Hauptmann (12-08-2018), SharonDee (12-10-2018), slimshady2357 (12-08-2018), Sock Puppet (12-10-2018), SR71 (12-09-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 06:10 PM
Coffin Creep

and when you finally got up, you discovered the pillow was carved into neat slices?
Ari (12-08-2018), But (12-09-2018), Crumb (12-09-2018), JoeP (12-08-2018), Kamilah Hauptmann (12-08-2018), lisarea (12-08-2018), SharonDee (12-10-2018), slimshady2357 (12-08-2018), Sock Puppet (12-10-2018), SR71 (12-09-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 06:36 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Matlock better check the nightstand for knives, because holy shit.

Thanks, from:
Ari (12-08-2018), But (12-09-2018), Crumb (12-09-2018), JoeP (12-08-2018), lisarea (12-08-2018), Sock Puppet (12-10-2018), SR71 (12-09-2018), Ymir's blood (12-08-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 07:35 PM
Solipsist

Quote:
I had a huge thing of meat.
:bunnythrust:

Quote:
but what set it apart was that I woke all the way up two or three times to deal with that meat.
it's perfectly natural

Thanks, from:
Ari (12-08-2018), But (12-09-2018), lisarea (12-08-2018), SR71 (12-09-2018), Ymir's blood (12-08-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 10:11 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

"Meat in the Attic" would make a good Punk band name.
:git:

I occasionally have meat eating dreams, even though I've been vegetarian for over 10 years, sometimes there's dream bacon, and it's tasty! There's generally some vague reason why I'm suddenly eating meat at that specific occasion but I almost never remember.
Thanks, from:
But (12-09-2018), JoeP (12-08-2018), lisarea (12-08-2018), SR71 (12-09-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 10:37 PM

I actually know why I was dreaming about that, because I was telling Matlock last night that, while eating meat is evil, it's even more evil to waste it. So just hypothetically, if someone were to, say, make you a large batch of meatballs because you like them, but they accidentally used counterfeit thyme so they don't taste good, you still have to finish them.

Which reminds me that when I started eating meat again way back when, I had a dream that I had forgotten about some hamburger in the refrigerator, so I went to get rid of it. And it had become a brokenhearted alive but half eaten cow. Some parts torn down to the bone, hunks of rotting flesh hanging off it, with a look of betrayal on its face as I slowly walked it down the stairs and out to a dumpster in an alley and then had to help it get in because it only had three partially stripped legs left.
Thanks, from:
Ari (12-08-2018), But (12-09-2018), Crumb (12-09-2018), JoeP (12-08-2018), Kamilah Hauptmann (12-09-2018), slimshady2357 (12-09-2018), SR71 (12-09-2018), Ymir's blood (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 04:58 AM
Coffin Creep

:hungry:
JoeP (12-09-2018), lisarea (12-09-2018), SR71 (12-09-2018)
Old 01-17-2019, 03:37 PM
Forum Killer

There exists a resort in my mind which I'm rarely permitted to visit, of every summer camp and fishing trip rolled into one. It's only reached by swimming, since one must climb the underwater ruins to reach secret shores of Wyoming, Canada. Its name is It is Insmouth, and it is the good place.

Like a sturdy 90's playground, everything is constructed from thick bolts holding together beams of compressed wood. It's always summer, so the main pastimes are swimming, boating, fishing, and exploring the pathways which change every visit -- winding all through the forest, out onto the lake, and sometimes up into the air for a nice overlook.

Insmouth is populated, but not crowded. People stay in rustic log-cabin-like buildings, or occasionally treehouses which are much the same but get a nicer view of the lake. The kitchens have old, black wood-stoves with scary-looking grilles. Loons(the bird :glare:) on the lake sing at night. The wifi sucks, but nobody cares, as its memories are older than wifi.

It is the good place.

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium