Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > The Sciences

Old 05-20-2017, 01:45 AM
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.

Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragment View Post
The shadow starts covering the moon on the upper limb and then spreads down. The upper portion is dark, the lower portion is not.
The sun is rising, how the the entire moon illuminated before the sun is in line of sight of the moon?
Old 05-20-2017, 01:48 AM
mesospheric bore

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
The shadow moves from the bottom to the top.
Did you even watch your video?
1:00 the top of the moon begins to get dark
1:46 a larger portion of the top is in shadow
3:18 about half is in shadow
Care to comment on your observational skills?
Angakuk (05-24-2017), The Man (06-01-2017), thedoc (05-20-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 01:59 AM

You then have to explain why the entire moon is illuminated before the sun is in line of sight.

Basic geometry defeats your model with this observation.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:01 AM
mesospheric bore

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Care to comment on your observational skills?
Do you agree that the video shows exactly what was predicted?
Angakuk (05-24-2017), The Man (06-01-2017), thedoc (05-20-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 02:14 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Angakuk (05-24-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 02:23 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
The shadow starts covering the moon on the upper limb and then spreads down. The upper portion is dark, the lower portion is not.
The sun is rising, how the the entire moon illuminated before the sun is in line of sight of the moon?
The video showed the line of sight from the observers to the Sun and the Moon, not the line of sight from the Sun to the Moon. The moon is moving and passed into the shadow of the Earth blocking some of the light from the Sun but the path of the Moon caused the shadow to cover (from the point of view of the observers) the top of the Moon. Actually in space there is no up and down, that is only in relationship to a source of gravity, such as the Earth, and on the Earth down is always towards the center of the Earth. On the Moon down would be toward the center of the Moon, and the same would apply to all the planets, moons and the Sun. Most of the time, the only exception is an eclipse, the Sun light shines directly onto the Moon and that is how the Moon is illuminated. Because the Moon is orbiting around the Earth, from the point of view on the Earth we see the moon sometimes only partly illuminated and that accounts for the phases of the Moon.
Angakuk (05-24-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Of course not, you have to explain the observation that the entire moon is illuminated before the sun is in line of sight of the moon
Old 05-20-2017, 02:35 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
From the point of view of the observers the Moon is moving on the opposite side of the Earth, slightly lower than the Earth relative to the Sun, so the shadow of the Earth is covering the Top of the Moon from the point of view of the observers.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:38 AM
mesospheric bore

Quote:
Quote:
Of course not, you have to explain the observation that the entire moon is illuminated before the sun is in line of sight of the moon
The prediction was "The shadow will appear to be creeping almost straight down across the moon's face from its upper limb." Do you agree that this is what the video shows?

Put aside your other issues, I have serious reservations about your ability to watch the video and determine whether it is in line with the above statement.
Angakuk (05-24-2017), Crumb (05-21-2017), Dragar (05-31-2017), The Man (06-01-2017), thedoc (05-20-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 02:55 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
The prediction was "The shadow will appear to be creeping almost straight down across the moon's face from its upper limb." Do you agree that this is what the video shows?

Put aside your other issues, I have serious reservations about your ability to watch the video and determine whether it is in line with the above statement.
I have serious reservations about Jerome's ability to watch the video.

It's more like someone else told him what was in the video so that he didn't need to watch it, just parrot what he was told.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:58 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Perhaps someone hasn't told Jerome any more.

"The Parrot with no Feet or Legs

A guy decides that maybe he'd like to have a pet and goes to a pet shop. After looking around he spots a parrot sitting on a little perch. It doesn't have any feet or legs. The guy says out loud, "Geez, I wonder what happened to this parrot?"

"I was born this way," says the parrot. "I'm a defective parrot." "Ha, ha," the guy laughs. "It sounded like this parrot actually understood what I said and answered me." "I understood every word," says the parrot. "I am a highly intelligent, thoroughly educated bird." "Yeah?" the guy asks. "Then answer this: how do you hang onto your perch without any feet?" "Well," the parrot says, "this is a little embarrassing, but since you asked I'll tell you. I wrap my little parrot penis around this wooden bar, kind of like a little hook. You can't see it cause of my feathers."

"Wow," says the guy, "you really can understand and answer, can't you?" "Of course. I speak both Spanish and English. I can converse with reasonable competence on almost any subject: politics, religion, sports physics, philosophy and I am especially good at ornithology. You ought to buy me. I am a great companion."

The guy looks at the $200 price tag. He says. "I can't afford that." "Pssst," the parrot hisses, motioning the guy over with one wing. "Nobody wants me cause I don't have any feet. You can get me for $20 just make an offer." The guy offers 20 dollars and walks out with the parrot.

Weeks go by. The parrot is sensational. He's funny, he's interesting, he's a great pal, he understands everything, sympathizes, gives good advice. The guy is delighted.

One day the guy comes home from work and the parrot says, "pssst," and motions him over with one wing. The guy goes up close to the cage. "I don't know if I should tell you this or not", says the parrot,"but it's about your wife and the mailman" "What?" says the guy. "Well," the parrot says, "when the mailman came to the door today your wife greeted him in a sheer nightgown and kissed him on the mouth." "What happened then?" asks the guy. "Then the mailman came into the house and lifted up the nightgown and began petting her all over," reports the parrot. "My God!!" the guy says. "Then what?" "Then he lifted up the nightgown, got down on his knees and began to lick her body, starting with her breasts slowly going down and down." The parrot pauses for a long time... "What happened? What happened?" says the frantic guy. "I don't know," says the Parrot, "I fell off my perch."
Angakuk (05-24-2017), Crumb (05-28-2020), Kyuss Apollo (05-20-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 03:06 AM
mesospheric bore

Well, hey, here's another video of the same eclipse!

Partial Lunar Eclipse, Madison 12-10-2011 VP8.webm - Wikimedia Commons
The Man (06-01-2017), thedoc (05-20-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 02:56 PM

... and still haven't explained how the observation fits your model.

You can't just say, here is the observation, the earth is a sphere, therefore it fits the model, lol.

Do you even science?
Old 05-20-2017, 03:04 PM
Now in six dimensions!

Do you have a map of your flat Earth, Jerome? Could you post it?
Angakuk (05-24-2017), Ari (05-20-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 03:16 PM
happy now, Mussolini?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuss Apollo View Post
That's no moon.
So the flat-Earthers are making more false claims, showing one thing and claiming it is something else. As usual they reject a reasonable and sound explanation and make some outrageous claim instead.
That is a space station, Jerome.

Thanks, from:
Dragar (05-20-2017), The Man (06-01-2017), thedoc (05-20-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 04:30 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
... and still haven't explained how the observation fits your model.

You can't just say, here is the observation, the earth is a sphere, therefore it fits the model, lol.

Do you even science?
You continue to reject the explanations offered that do fit the round Earth model simply because the explanation is based on the round Earth model and therefore has to be incorrect. Look at the explanation without the bias of the flat Earth model, and you will see that it points to the round Earth model. The explanations fit the round Earth model without the convoluted gymnastics required for the flat Earth model to be shoe horned into fitting.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:45 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Most of the time, (the only exception is an eclipse), the Sun light shines directly onto the Moon and that is how the Moon is illuminated. Most of the time There is a direct line of sight from the Sun to the Moon, the Sun is almost always in a line of sight with the Moon. Because the Moon is orbiting around the Earth, from the point of view on the Earth we see the moon sometimes only partly illuminated and that accounts for the phases of the Moon.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:13 PM
happy now, Mussolini?

#3 From Popular Science, "10 Easy Ways You Can Tell For Yourself That The Earth Is Not Flat"

Quote:
3. Varying Star Constellations

This observation was originally made by Aristotle (384-322 BCE), who declared the Earth was round judging from the different
constellations one sees while moving away from the equator.

Stargazing On A Round Earth

After returning from a trip to Egypt, Aristotle noted that “there are stars seen in Egypt and…Cyprus which are not seen in the northerly
regions.” This phenomenon can only be explained if humans were viewing the stars from a round surface. Aristotle continued and claimed
that the sphere of the Earth is “of no great size, for otherwise the effect of so slight a change of place would not
be quickly apparent.” (De caelo, 298a2-10)

The farther you go from the equator, the farther the ‘known’ constellations go towards the horizon, and are replaced by different stars.

This would not have happened if the world was flat:

Stargazing On A Flat Earth

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), Crumb (05-21-2017), The Man (06-01-2017), thedoc (05-20-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 08:59 PM

The amazing magic human eyesight that does not follow any of the laws of perspective and defies all observational reality and science!!

lol
Old 05-20-2017, 09:00 PM

Thedoc, you keep talking around the question.

The reason you don't answer is because the observation debunks the spinning globe model.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:04 PM

Not going to go by each one, but you should know:

Quote:
If you look out the window on a trans-Atlantic flight, you can, most of the times, see the curvature of the earth in the horizon.
Not according to Neil Tyson, planes don't fly high enough to see the curvature.

That is the thing with globeheads, they can't get their stories straight.

10 Easy Ways You Can Tell For Yourself That The Earth Is Not Flat | Popular Science
Old 05-20-2017, 09:06 PM

By the way, the majority of their 'proofs' work on a flat earth model, they are just creating a straw model, or are ignorant.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:24 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Thedoc, you keep talking around the question.

The reason you don't answer is because the observation debunks the spinning globe model.
The answer to the question "Is the Earth round or flat?" has been posted starting at the bottom of page 20, when you started this nonsense by claiming that the Earth was flat. In the last 16 pages many different people have answered the question and offered explanations for the various examples presented. You have refused to acknowledge any of them and foist the lie that no-one has answered the question or given an accurate explanation of the videos presented. Please continue posting your flat Earth nonsense, it is quite entertaining. Your comments remind me of the comment by a philosophy major after I had explained subjectivism to her, "You mean people actually believe that?"
Angakuk (05-24-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 11:31 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
By the way, the majority of their 'proofs' work on a flat earth model, they are just creating a straw model, or are ignorant.
No they don't, unless your flat Earth model is just a round Earth model by another name. Perspective doesn't work the way you claim, it makes me wonder how many other things you have gotten wrong.
The Man (06-01-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 12:22 AM

No, the question is : "Why doesn't the observation presented fit your model?"

Regarding the list:

Observation works on a flat earth: 1,2,3,5,8

Just wrong: 4,6

Assumption to prove itself: 7,9

Flat-out fraud: 10

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > The Sciences