Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Archway

Old 03-08-2010, 09:33 AM
YELLOW HAIR FAKE ANIMAL

Default just me: an introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by just me View Post
Thank you Livius, Viscious and ChuckF for the welcome, I am happy to be here and hope to learn and share from/with all of you.

Now, ChuckF, I do have to take you to task a little bit. [...]

Still, it doesn't really matter and thank you very much for your welcome.
From me also, welcome to :ff:, just me!

You've quickly weighed in on some serious threads and - in internet use causes mistrials? - started one of your own. But I for one am not sure where you are coming from from, and I think it's reasonable to say there has been some arguing at cross purposes in the mistrials thread.

It would be good to know a bit more about you. Without pressuring you, why don't you post a bit of an introduction. (If you really feel adventurous, fill in the questionnaire here: Read Me First!!)

You seem like an earnest young man - and carefully well-spoken, and by default I'll guess you're a US citizen.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:       :eur:       :m&ms::m&ms::twix::twix: (rotated 180°):m&ms::m&ms:
Old 03-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Not as smart as Adam

Default Re: just me: an introduction

Remember what happened last time you asked a new member to introduce their ideas? :lol:
Adam (03-08-2010), chunksmediocrites (03-30-2010), Demimonde (03-08-2010), erimir (03-10-2010), JoeP (03-08-2010), Naru (03-09-2010), Nullifidian (02-18-2014), Pan Narrans (03-30-2010), Qingdai (03-09-2010), Stephen Maturin (03-08-2010), The Man (03-09-2010), Watser? (03-08-2010)
Old 03-08-2010, 02:28 PM
YELLOW HAIR FAKE ANIMAL

That is a yardstick I am not trying to measure up to!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:       :eur:       :m&ms::m&ms::twix::twix: (rotated 180°):m&ms::m&ms:
Old 03-08-2010, 11:52 PM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

I don't get it.

:noob:

:thanked:
Old 03-09-2010, 12:02 AM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Hi just me, your writing style and word choices lead me to believe American English is not your first language...am I correct?
Old 03-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Fishy mokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
I don't get it.

:noob:
Oh, allright: Freethought Forum

I thought this just me dude was the same guy as that Cunt. :shrug:
Old 03-09-2010, 12:08 AM

For awhile I thought Bastard was the Cunt.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Not as smart as Adam

It was just before your time Gonzo. We had a young man join with some interesting ideas. We're used to interesting ideas here, davidmabus, Iachuus and Judge Floro have all given us some gems, but Sovereignist/Wonderbread Leotard was special. You see, Sov thought that it was sexual frustration keeping men from realising their full potential. That in itself is fairly mundane as ideas go, there may even be some merit to it, but Sov's solution was...interesting.

Sov, or Brandon Orr as he was wont to call himself, decided that the solution to all this sexual frustration was to enslave women and rape them. That would allow men the freedom to pursue intellectual excellence. In Brandon's defence he didn't want to enslave all women, just the Bimbos, labelling of which was done by a strict criteria, to wit, any woman who was hot and had rejected or would reject Brandon. In other words all of them. Vacuity and a lack of intellectual curiosity was also mentioned.

But where would the intrepid philosopher/nascent political leader set up this system? Well, since his mother's basement was too small and still subject to US law Brandon, that intellectual scamp hit upon the idea of a brand new country. Unfortunately for ol' Sov all land has been claimed already but did this stop him? No! He is going to build a man made island and he is going to call it d'Islan, which is Latin for "rape island conceived in a haze of testosterone and pot smoke".

And how you ask, did we find out about this cunning plan? Well, it's all Joe's fault, for which he has earned a special place in Sov's heart. Sov had a link to his forum in his signature and one day JoeP, on a troublemaking rampage, followed the link and came across the cunning and inevitable plan. After Joe asked Brandon about it we had several weeks of pertinent questions and dodgy dodging culminating in the creation of The Cloaca sub-forum and the departure of Brandon from the hallowed halls of :ff:.

The Sovereignist website is now closed tightly in order to stop others finding out about it before Brandon recruits enough Sovereignists to set up his marvelous island and teaches us all a lesson.
chunksmediocrites (03-30-2010), Dingfod (03-09-2010), godfry n. glad (03-09-2010), Gonzo (03-09-2010), JoeP (03-09-2010), livius drusus (03-09-2010), Naru (03-09-2010), Nullifidian (02-18-2014), Pan Narrans (03-30-2010), S.Vashti (03-31-2010), SharonDee (03-09-2010), Sock Puppet (03-09-2010), The Man (03-09-2010), viscousmemories (03-31-2010), Watser? (03-09-2010)
Old 03-09-2010, 12:24 AM

Dude, what the fuck.

Thanks, from:
Stormlight (03-09-2010)
Old 03-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Strabismic Ungulate

Quote:
Dude, what the fuck.
Sadly, you cannot describe the arrogance and fucktardedness of Sovereign with a few paragraphs. I would recommend reading the related threads, but they are ridiculously long.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:33 AM
Not as smart as Adam

Good adjectives, arrogance and fucktardness. Describe him perfectly.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:01 AM
The King of America

Quote:
Dude, what the fuck.
Yeah, pretty much that.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:19 AM
YELLOW HAIR FAKE ANIMAL

Dammit you guys, now this thread looks unwelcoming. :sigh: (Start a new thread of introduction, just me.)

Old 03-09-2010, 06:20 AM
YELLOW HAIR FAKE ANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto View Post
Quote:
Dude, what the fuck.
Sadly, you cannot describe the arrogance and fucktardedness of Sovereign with a few paragraphs. I would recommend reading the related threads, but they are ridiculously long.
60 pages or thereabouts. But don't worry, the good stuff is mostly in the first 50 pages.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:33 AM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

But really, "Dude, what the fuck" is a pretty comprehensive summary that demonstrates an understanding of the major themes.

You've got the gist of it, Gonzo. I wouldn't bother mucking around with details if I were you.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (03-09-2010), Deadlokd (03-10-2010), Dingfod (03-09-2010), Gonzo (03-09-2010), JoeP (03-09-2010), LadyShea (09-07-2014), Naru (03-09-2010), Nullifidian (02-18-2014), SharonDee (03-09-2010), The Man (10-20-2010), Watser? (03-09-2010)
Old 03-30-2010, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Quote:
Thank you Livius, Viscious and ChuckF for the welcome, I am happy to be here and hope to learn and share from/with all of you.

Now, ChuckF, I do have to take you to task a little bit. [...]

Still, it doesn't really matter and thank you very much for your welcome.
From me also, welcome to :ff:, just me!
Well thank you, Joe, I appreciate the welcome.

Quote:
You've quickly weighed in on some serious threads and - in internet use causes mistrials? - started one of your own. But I for one am not sure where you are coming from from, and I think it's reasonable to say there has been some arguing at cross purposes in the mistrials thread.
Yeah, there has been some argument where folks are talking past each other, pretty normal.

Quote:
It would be good to know a bit more about you. Without pressuring you, why don't you post a bit of an introduction. (If you really feel adventurous, fill in the questionnaire here: Read Me First!!)

You seem like an earnest young man - and carefully well-spoken, and by default I'll guess you're a US citizen.
Well, I thought I would let my posts speak for themselves. Didn't work out too well. LadyShea and others seemed put off by me due to my being excessively polite. Vicious and others were put off by my being a troll (I didn't realize I was a troll). Others seemed put off because I didn't agree with them. LOL.

I offered several people my home phone number so they could phone me and verbally it could be established that I was a sincere person, but everyone I made the offer to just declined and persisted in their opinion. Not really sure what more I could do.

Then VM decided to 'out' me as a former member. Nevermind that I told Liv via PM that I was a member here many years ago and did not recall the username I posted under and she tried to look it up and was unable to do so. Evidently VM still felt I was trying to be sneaky by signing up under a new name and promptly PMing an admin to that effect. Sigh.

So anyway, I really have no desire to continue participating on this forum for a couple reasons. My lack of desire to continue here isn't because I do not value the collective experience, knowledge and expertise of the membership, it is simply because I am not really looking to spend most of my time defending myself for being polite to those who wonder why I am polite when they won't simply use my phone number to talk to me.

I am not looking to defend myself against charges of being a troll to one of the owners when I PMed the other owner the instant I signed up indicating I had been here before. I offered VM my phone # via PM and he essentially told me to shove it up my ass. OK.

In other words I didn't come here to have anyone welcome me or agree with me, but I certainly also didn't come here to have to simultaneously have to defend myself against being a troll and excessively polite at the same time. I gave both groups my home phone # and neither group has bothered to use it. So, what can I really do here other than waste my time on people who feel justified to make whatever accusations they wish?

So, thanks for the welcome, but I doubt I will be hanging around, it just is not worth my time. I think you can put me into the same group 'plant woman' was in. I think she came here looking to establish sincere relationships and then left due to how she was treated for trying to be open, honest and sincere.

<shrugs> got better things to do with my life.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:27 AM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

OK bye!

You should write down this username so that you remember it next time.
Thanks, from:
Adam (03-30-2010), chunksmediocrites (03-30-2010), LadyShea (03-30-2010), Nullifidian (02-18-2014), The Man (10-20-2010)
Old 03-30-2010, 05:42 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

sweet, gtfo
Old 03-30-2010, 05:45 AM
you're next

you never replied to me, just me, when i tried to warn you...so fuck you :)

and fuck them.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:06 AM
Dogehlaugher -Scrutari

Spring break over so soon?
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (03-30-2010), Nullifidian (02-18-2014)
Old 03-30-2010, 06:08 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

home phone number
home phone number
home phone number
home phone number
home phone number
home phone number
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (03-30-2010), Nullifidian (02-18-2014)
Old 03-30-2010, 06:13 AM
Dogehlaugher -Scrutari

You coming on to me Chuck?

ETA: that should read "just me"

Last edited by Qingdai; 03-30-2010 at 06:40 AM.
Thanks, from:
Nullifidian (02-18-2014), Stormlight (03-30-2010)
Old 03-30-2010, 06:32 AM
Strabismic Ungulate

Adam (03-30-2010), BrotherMan (03-30-2010), chunksmediocrites (03-30-2010), Nullifidian (03-31-2010), The Man (10-20-2010)
Old 03-30-2010, 07:34 AM
Quality Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by just me
I offered VM my phone # via PM and he essentially told me to shove it up my ass. OK.
Well, you got off easy. I'm not going to tell you what the rest of us have to endure (or what we have to shove up our butts! Hint: it's not a phone number. :butthurt:).

Oh, and then there's Mr. livius drusus! :scaredshiver:
ChuckF (03-30-2010), chunksmediocrites (03-30-2010), Gonzo (03-30-2010), Naru (03-30-2010), Nullifidian (03-31-2010), Pan Narrans (03-30-2010), Qingdai (03-30-2010), The Man (10-20-2010), Watser? (03-30-2010)
Old 03-30-2010, 07:37 AM
ne plus ultraviolet

Quote:
I thought I would let my posts speak for themselves. Didn't work out too well. LadyShea and others seemed put off by me due to my being excessively polite. Vicious and others were put off by my being a troll (I didn't realize I was a troll). Others seemed put off because I didn't agree with them. LOL.
Put off because your politeness was contrived and false. Put off because instead of interacting you were talking at and past people and then crying about how no one would answer you and how you were a victim... much like this post of yours I'm quoting. Yet you ignored numerous attempts by people to engage you and retreated behind further patently false screens of overplayed -"I am but a humble student, let me offer more qualifiers in an extensive preamble to every thought"- manners, instead of getting to the point, which was sadly you repeating your initial point as if no one had responded to it and then more wailing and poor me's- so yeah, that's trolling.
Quote:
I really have no desire to continue participating on this forum for a couple reasons.
And let's skip past the tears, to:
Quote:
I am not really looking to spend most of my time defending myself for being polite to those who wonder why I am polite when they won't simply use my phone number to talk to me.
You already discussed your supposed politeness. Not really a successful strategy for interaction here, at least the way you use it. I'm not sure how the phone is somehow key to resolution, or how asking people to phone you is a sign that you were attempting to resolve "being polite". Type what you like, live with the response, move on or don't.
Quote:
So, what can I really do here other than waste my time on people who feel justified to make whatever accusations they wish?
Based on the rhetorical question, victim stance, and irony packed into that statement, not much.
Quote:
I doubt I will be hanging around, it just is not worth my time.
But, dude! The magical thread! Don't let the magic die!

No, just kidding. gtfo
Thanks, from:
JoeP (03-30-2010), LadyShea (03-30-2010), Nullifidian (03-31-2010), Stormlight (03-30-2010), The Man (10-20-2010)

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Archway