Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 04-22-2018, 06:57 AM
here to bore you with pictures

Default Beat the Right Wing Framing

I can't remember if I posted this at the time, but this has been sitting in an open browser window for almost 2 months now, waiting for me to read it again.

Beat the Right Wing Framing: How to Make the Case for a Better, Fairer Economy | naked capitalism

Quote:
oo often, people on the left seem to believe that their team is obviously more virtuous than the other side, and they seem to regard having to sell their case as somehow beneath them. The assumption of moral superiority also leads them to dismiss people who differ with them. That may be emotionally satisfying but it is a lousy political strategy.

While some are too deeply invested in their views to be open to new ideas, the reality is that despite “liberal” having been turned into a borderline dirty word, Americans for decades have polled as consistently supporting “progressive” positions, such as strengthening Social Security and Medicare, taxing the rich, reducing war spending, spending more on infrastructure, strengthening social safety nets. Even though the US has become more conservative, the press also depicts the US as more conservative than it really is. So there is more opportunity to move the debate than you might think.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (04-22-2018), JoeP (04-22-2018), Kamilah Hauptmann (04-22-2018), The Lone Ranger (04-22-2018), The Man (04-22-2018)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law