Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

View Poll Results: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?
Yes, it is OK. 10 29.41%
Is it OK not to punch a Nazi in the head? 9 26.47%
It's OK, but I prefer the genitals or solar plexus. 15 44.12%
Violence is never the answer, unless the question is some kind of Nazi shit. 16 47.06%
No, it is awesome. 11 32.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2022, 10:41 PM
angry white woman

Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
I dunno, I’m just not seeing a punched Nazi as an attack on All White people.

I am a white people myself, perhaps it’s because I don’t identify fascist that I neither feel attacked nor think this applies to all white people.
Okay. Does the term nazi apply to people who respect the police, want a Southern border, voted for Trump, disagree generally in all things liberally? Or is it more narrow? I’ve had people imply that I’m one who supported the insurrection, which I admit I believe was nothing more than an orchestrated riot, based on my views. I know most of the riots that took place around the country before that didn’t have a lot of thought put into them, but I put them in the same category as January 6. So am I a nazi? I bet if anyone here is FBI I’ll be under investigation by sundown.
Old 12-22-2022, 10:43 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shelby View Post
Quote:

I am a white people myself, perhaps it’s because I don’t identify fascist that I neither feel attacked nor think this applies to all white people.
Okay. Does the term nazi apply to people who respect the police, want a Southern border, voted for Trump,
pretty much
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (12-22-2022), slimshady2357 (12-23-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 10:43 PM
angry white woman

And also. Is there any such thing as a NON white nazi?
Old 12-22-2022, 10:44 PM
angry white woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Okay. Does the term nazi apply to people who respect the police, want a Southern border, voted for Trump,
pretty much
This is why I really really like you. You tell it like you see it.
ChuckF (12-22-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 10:52 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

pretty much
I like the David Sedaris quote in your signature. I wrote him a letter and just a couple weeks ago he sent me a reply post card.
Old 12-22-2022, 10:56 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragment View Post
Quote:
She's being rhetorical and sarcastic. She knew you were referring to me.
I try to default to assuming sincerity on others' parts unless it's fairly obvious otherwise. At most I risk looking slightly naive, which is counter-balanced by the insincere person looking like a jerkass.

Sometimes I'll ask for clarification, like with you just now.
You’ve taken exception with some of the things I’ve said in the past and I value your assessments. Most of those times I’ve agreed with the assessment, so I wanted to be sure too. :shrug:

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
fragment (12-23-2022), Miss Shelby (12-29-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 10:59 PM
California Sober

Quote:
I try to default to assuming sincerity on others' parts unless it's fairly obvious otherwise. At most I risk looking slightly naive, which is counter-balanced by the insincere person looking like a jerkass.
This right here. I try to take what people say at face-value, and if I'm being punked or trolled in some way, that doesn't make me the asshole. :shrug:
beyelzu (12-22-2022), fragment (12-23-2022), JoeP (12-23-2022), Kamilah Hauptmann (12-22-2022), LarsMac (12-23-2022), slimshady2357 (12-23-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 11:00 PM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Quote:
Quote:

Okay. Does the term nazi apply to people who respect the police, want a Southern border, voted for Trump, disagree generally in all things liberally? Or is it more narrow?
You are goalpost shifting. Being white doesn’t mean supporting trump or wanting a southern border or respecting the police.

There is quite a bit of overlap between conservatives who argued literally for monarchy and Nazis who argue for fascism. Both love autocrats. The southern border and liberal things illustrate the overlap.

Socially liberal things like desegregation, interracial marriage and gay civil rights are some of those social issues. The tank xenophobia that lies at much of the southern border rhetoric also illustrates it.

Quote:
I’ve had people imply that I’m one who supported the insurrection, which I admit I believe was nothing more than an orchestrated riot, based on my views. I know most of the riots that took place around the country before that didn’t have a lot of thought put into them, but I put them in the same category as January 6. So am I a nazi? I bet if anyone here is FBI I’ll be under investigation by sundown.
As you argue the insurrection is no big deal it’s really hard to take you seriously. You also compare the apparently 94 percent peaceful BLM protests to the insurrection which is a slimy right wing tactic that I see regularly.

Anyway, yeah, you have Nazi tendencies, but you’re kind of a half assed nazi who fires for effect. You might believe, I dunno because I’ve never seen you support an argument robustly that I can recall.

But you being a Nazi doesn’t mean I think all white people are Nazis.

You just apparently think all white peoples think like you, but we all don’t.
Crumb (12-23-2022), JoeP (12-23-2022), Miss Shelby (12-22-2022), slimshady2357 (12-23-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 11:01 PM
angry white woman

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

pretty much
I like the David Sedaris quote in your signature. I wrote him a letter and just a couple weeks ago he sent me a reply post card.
I am jealous. He must be super cool. He came to Omaha a few years back, just a rinky dink bookstore and he did not leave until he signed his last signature. I was unable to make it. I think he does a great job of not alienating his conservative audience with his wit. And when his dad died he wrote about how he told him not to die until Trump was impeached. Apparently his dad was a Trump supporter. LOVE David Sedaris.
Old 12-22-2022, 11:05 PM
angry white woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Steve View Post
Quote:
This right here. I try to take what people say at face-value, and if I'm being punked or trolled in some way, that doesn't make me the asshole. :shrug:
The benefit of the doubt was warranted. I guess I just assume, and wrongly at times, that you are all familiar with me and I take that for granted. In fact, KM probably was addressing fragment. I do need to work on making myself more clear.
Old 12-22-2022, 11:21 PM
angry white woman

Bey, thanks for calling me only a half ass (almost saying you think I want to be) nazi. — and the 94 percent peaceful protests. Sigh, yes I believe that many of them were. But the rest of them were horrid and innocent people died. On each side. But what sticks out in my mind is the 8 year old little girl in Atlanta, whose mayor was allowing the protests, died from a billet to the head JUST because that protest was taking place. Seattle is another city you can google to see how peaceful people were protesting..

My daughter attended many blm protests in Omaha. My husband and I told her if you get arrested do not call us. We didn’t want here there not because we didn’t respect her support of her beliefs but because we knew there was a chance of violence breaking out and we were worried for her safety. Well she DID get arrested and she did not call us but spent the weekend in jail.

Not a few weeks later I had a patient, a girl my daughters age, with her mom. Mom and I got to talking and she was telling me her daughter was attending the protests against mom’s will. She was worried about the potential for violence. I told her my same story. The difference between us: they were African American and obviously we are not . But my point. A lot of times it’s NOT a race thing. In this case it was a MOM thing. And we kinda bonded and still remain friends.
Old 12-22-2022, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Bey, thanks for calling me only a half ass (almost saying you think I want to be) nazi.

Not exactly, I just mean I can’t tell. I don’t have an opinion at all in what you want to be.

Quote:
But what sticks out in my mind is the 8 year old little girl in Atlanta, whose mayor was allowing the protests, died from a billet to the head JUST because that protest was taking place.
If only you have a shot about the hundreds of Black people murdered by police, you would be less of a Nazi.

Frankly, I’m not impressed by you hiding behind a little dead girl,

Quote:
Seattle is another city you can google to see how peaceful people were protesting..
Again, you ignore the 94 percent to cherry pick examples that you think fit your narrative.

Quote:
My husband and I told her if you get arrested do not call us. We didn’t want here there not because we didn’t respect her support of her beliefs but because we knew there was a chance of violence breaking out and we were worried for her safety. Well she DID get arrested and she did not call us but spent the weekend in jail.
Good job on punishing your daughter for caring about human rights, I can’t imagine why I thought you were a halfassed Nazi. If you were worried about her safety, leaving her in jail wasn’t the best way to maximize safety, but of course in spite of what you say, you wanted to teach her a lesson.

Quote:
Not a few weeks later I had a patient, a girl my daughters age, with her mom. Mom and I got to talking and she was telling me her daughter was attending the protests against mom’s will. She was worried about the potential for violence. I told her my same story. The difference between us: they were African American and obviously we are not . But my point. A lot of times it’s NOT a race thing. In this case it was a MOM thing. And we kinda bonded and still remain friends.
Did the nice Black lady you are using as rhetorical cover leave her daughter in jail too?
Old 12-22-2022, 11:48 PM

Also, the insurrection was because they were pissed off how a vote went, BLM was because people were upset by literally hundreds of Black(and other people of color) people killed by the police each year for decades.

Hmm, I can’t help but think that one of these things is much more appropriate than the other.
Old 12-23-2022, 01:31 AM
Adequately Crumbulent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Steve View Post
Quote:
Right. The fact that you are an asshole is completely unrelated. :giggle:
fragment (12-23-2022), JoeP (12-23-2022), Sock Puppet (12-23-2022)
Old 12-23-2022, 02:08 AM
mesospheric bore

Quote:
Okay. Does the term nazi apply to people who respect the police, want a Southern border, voted for Trump, disagree generally in all things liberally? Or is it more narrow?
For my part, more narrow. At least on the specific things you say, can't speak for "generally in all things liberally" because I don't know what things you mean by that.

Although Nazis will cloak their most extreme views and pretend they believe nothing more than the above.

Quote:
I’ve had people imply that I’m one who supported the insurrection
Hyperbole exists, as do people who throw the word Nazi around too, well, liberally.

Quote:
which I admit I believe was nothing more than an orchestrated riot
Seemed to me like a violent attempt to prevent a key part of a legitimate constitutional procedure around democratic change of government according to the rule of law. That makes it at least fascist adjacent, to me. And different from a riot in other places and times.

What do you think might have happened to lawmakers if they hadn't managed to get out of the chamber before the mob got in?

Quote:
And also. Is there any such thing as a NON white nazi?
Apparently there was a small Jews for Hitler group in early 1930s Germany. So, yeah, there can be. I would say Kanye, although fucked if I know if he has enough coherent thought to really be called a Nazi.

Quote:
I guess I just assume, and wrongly at times, that you are all familiar with me and I take that for granted.
I guess it's fairly easy to take that for granted, but speaking personally I don't really have much of a clue where the separation between your sincere views and your shitposting lies. Probably comes from us being divergent in views, I can see the line more clearly with liberal shitposters here. Also, even taking your posts as shitposts they sometimes go over a line for me.
Thanks, from:
Kamilah Hauptmann (12-23-2022)
Old 12-23-2022, 02:12 AM
mesospheric bore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilah Hauptmann View Post
You’ve taken exception with some of the things I’ve said in the past and I value your assessments. Most of those times I’ve agreed with the assessment, so I wanted to be sure too. :shrug:
Aww, cheers! I often feel like I'm being grumpy into the void online so it's nice to be valued!

:squeezle:
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (12-23-2022), JoeP (12-23-2022), Kamilah Hauptmann (12-23-2022), slimshady2357 (12-23-2022), Sock Puppet (12-23-2022), viscousmemories (12-23-2022)
Old 12-23-2022, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Aww, cheers! I often feel like I'm being grumpy into the void online so it's nice to be valued!

:squeezle:
I always enjoy reading your posts.
fragment (12-23-2022), JoeP (12-23-2022), Kamilah Hauptmann (12-23-2022), lisarea (12-28-2022)
Old 12-23-2022, 08:10 AM
mesospheric bore

And I enjoy both of your posts!
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (12-23-2022)
Old 12-23-2022, 08:12 AM
mesospheric bore

Quote:
The benefit of the doubt was warranted. I guess I just assume, and wrongly at times, that you are all familiar with me and I take that for granted. In fact, KM probably was addressing fragment. I do need to work on making myself more clear.
Ya know I'll give you this, you probably make me think a bit more than many of the other people I run across online who I'm poles apart from politically.
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (12-23-2022), lisarea (12-28-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 03:42 AM
angry white woman

Quote:
Quote:
Bey, thanks for calling me only a half ass (almost saying you think I want to be) nazi.

Not exactly, I just mean I can’t tell. I don’t have an opinion at all in what you want to be.

Quote:
But what sticks out in my mind is the 8 year old little girl in Atlanta, whose mayor was allowing the protests, died from a billet to the head JUST because that protest was taking place.
If only you have a shot about the hundreds of Black people murdered by police, you would be less of a Nazi.

Frankly, I’m not impressed by you hiding behind a little dead girl,

Quote:
Seattle is another city you can google to see how peaceful people were protesting..
Again, you ignore the 94 percent to cherry pick examples that you think fit your narrative.

Quote:
My husband and I told her if you get arrested do not call us. We didn’t want here there not because we didn’t respect her support of her beliefs but because we knew there was a chance of violence breaking out and we were worried for her safety. Well she DID get arrested and she did not call us but spent the weekend in jail.
Good job on punishing your daughter for caring about human rights, I can’t imagine why I thought you were a halfassed Nazi. If you were worried about her safety, leaving her in jail wasn’t the best way to maximize safety, but of course in spite of what you say, you wanted to teach her a lesson.

Quote:
Did the nice Black lady you are using as rhetorical cover leave her daughter in jail too?
You know what bey? You suck. You criticize me for not acknowledging the 94 percent of peaceful protesting and IGNORE the percent that costs people their livelihoods and in many cases their lives. You (collectively) refuse to look at it and I don’t know why. And I’m sure since the media is on the side of whatever liberal cause is happening , you are woefully uninformed.

I don’t know if my friend left her daughter in jail. I don’t even know if she was arrested.

I didn’t know my daughter had been arrested because she knew not to call us.

If YOUR kid was in jail when you warned them about something and they did it anyway, would you bail them out?

If you baby your kids they learn nothing.
Old 12-24-2022, 05:14 AM
Hound

My father would have preferred to use a 7.62mm Garand round.
Old 12-24-2022, 05:41 AM
here to bore you with pictures

Quote:

I didn’t know my daughter had been arrested because she knew not to call us.

If YOUR kid was in jail when you warned them about something and they did it anyway, would you bail them out?

If you baby your kids they learn nothing.
I think there's a healthy space between babying your kids and letting them sit in jail for days.

I have never had a disagreement so strong with my kids that I've told them I wouldn't bail them out (literally or figuratively). They should learn actions have consequences, but it's part of my job as a parent to help them navigate the world until they are confident enough to do it on their own. I think my ability to support my children into adulthood allows them time and confidence to take risks, make mistakes, learn and grow.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (12-26-2022), JoeP (12-24-2022), slimshady2357 (12-24-2022), Sock Puppet (12-27-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 06:01 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Quote:
Oh oh oh! I read Ari's post before dinner and ruminated a reply but most of the points have been addressed and I'm on my phone so:

Cycles of abuse. I don't mean narcissists and psychopaths, I mean a patriarchal cycle of father knows best, spare the rod and spoil the child.

There's a generational, and in the USA it's rooted in the puritanical, consensus that "crime" must meet punishment. What I see is a justice system and sense of justice so twisted by this, that restitution, rehabilitation, and reintegration are less important than revenge and erasure.

Since it's woven into the culture, enough people rely on abusive cycles for their identity and/or their power. And in the anglosphere in general, there's currently enough people who just won't put up with the shit anymore, which is deeply threatening to an abuser's identity and power.
:shrug:

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (01-04-2023)
Old 12-24-2022, 04:31 PM
Pontificating Old Fart

When I was young, I had a lot to learn.
Dad believed in letting us have time to figure things out, but he bailed me out after he thought that I'd had enough time to think about it.
Once, he drove clear across the State to post bail for me.

Leaving your kids in jail is, IMO, a bit harsh. Letting them sweat for a few hours,..., may be okay.
Crumb (12-26-2022), JoeP (12-24-2022), Sock Puppet (12-27-2022), viscousmemories (12-25-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 12:48 AM
angry white woman

Quote:
Also, the insurrection was because they were pissed off how a vote went, BLM was because people were upset by literally hundreds of Black(and other people of color) people killed by the police each year for decades.

Hmm, I can’t help but think that one of these things is much more appropriate than the other.
BLM has been wrong outright in certain riots. The one that comes to mind is a case somewhere on Missouri. And similar riots which destroyed businesses of people who had nothing to do with it. There is an overwhelming number of people who lost thei businesses and even their loved ones because riots were unplanned and frequently fueled by alcohol. The people who fought back against their businesses being destroyed by drunk looters.- I’m SURE you’re unfamiliar with because the press was not focused there. They were focused on telltthe story of the African American underdogs who were just trying to win their freedom. As if this is the 18th century

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law