Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 03-31-2010, 12:27 PM
nominalistic existential pragmaticist

Default Re: Weird Dream(s)

I can't imagine Jeff Goldblum ever being sexy, so I'm as perplexed as you.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:15 PM
Vaginally-privileged sociopathic cultist

Watch Jurassic Park. Or those tight leather pants in Lost World.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:32 PM

Eh. He's tall and lanky. Not something that I find innately attractive.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:32 PM
California Sober

You are entirely too young, C-C. You need to rent The Big Chill and Earth Girls Are Easy, STAT!
Old 03-31-2010, 01:59 PM
Vaginally-privileged sociopathic cultist

Yes'm!

eta: Earth Girls... was a Jim Carrey flick, no?

Last edited by Anastasia Beaverhausen; 03-31-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:28 PM
A fellow sophisticate

I was having a lovely dream (the content of which I now forget) when I was awakened by what I thought was someone or something breathing heavily next to my bed. When I opened my eyes, I saw Death standing by my bed, scythe and all. I blinked twice and still saw the image, I instinctively kicked toward this figure standing by my bed. At this, Death seemed to recede to my open closet door. It totally freaked me out. I laid there in the dark, still seeing the shape of Death lurking near my closet. Slowly I could make out the Death-shape was actually my navy blue robe I left hanging on the door.
Thanks, from:
Limoncello (01-28-2017)
Old 06-27-2010, 02:52 PM
ŧiggermonkey

I stopped reading my favorite author, Stephen King's, horror stories awhile ago. Regardless, this morning when I fell back asleep after having gotten up for the typical human morning pee, I had an hour long movie play in my head of some bizarre apocalypse type thing which was a mixture of Stephen King and some twisted cartoon writer's thinking.

Jesus. :whatthefuck:
Old 06-27-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelli View Post
I stopped reading my favorite author, Stephen King's, horror stories awhile ago. Regardless, this morning when I fell back asleep after having gotten up for the typical human morning pee, I had an hour long movie play in my head of some bizarre apocalypse type thing which was a mixture of Stephen King and some twisted cartoon writer's thinking.

oh that sounds nice, I find that I dont really dream much any more, I dont know if its because I cant let my self get in that comfortable state of mind any more or what.
Live for the day already here
Old 06-27-2010, 03:10 PM
ŧiggermonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by teasasue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelli View Post

oh that sounds nice, I find that I dont really dream much any more, I dont know if its because I cant let my self get in that comfortable state of mind any more or what.
No, it wasn't nice at all. I'm still trying to shake it. That'll teach me to sleep in. :facepalm:
Old 06-28-2010, 02:22 AM
A fellow sophisticate

I dreamed I was driving a 1979 Ford Mustang that appeared to be brand new, on a road trip accompanied by Debbie S., a fellow employee in my department. We were both much younger, like it was 1979 again. She was having difficulty trying to get the passenger seat to recline. I stopped the car in a deserted parking lot, reached across her to pull the lever. The seat fell back, we fell with it, me on top of her. Then I woke up with a leg cramp.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:29 AM
the internet says I'm right

I had the most lucid dream I've had in a long time the other night. I'd just watched an episode of a tv show on netflix, then fell asleep. While I was asleep I quite clearly heard a section of dialogue from a movie (my daughter had come in and pulled it up on netflix, which I had left open), only instead of the movie that I knew it was from, the dialogue was being spoken in my dream by characters from the tv show that I had watched before I fell asleep. The sensation was quite memorable because part of my mind knew that the two did not match and that it shouldn't be making any sense, yet to another part of my mind it was making perfect sense and nothing was wrong at all.

Very interesting way to wake up.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Northier Than Thou

I recently had a dream in which I was introduced to several cute girls with pastel colored hair. Each was dressed kinda show-girl style, and each wore a colorful bustier. Each had a matching pastel colored kitten head poking out the top of the bustier between her breasts. We were on a movie set, I think, but each of the kittens was really part of its host girl's body. As each was introduced the kitten would spring from the middle of her chest and bite me, hard. I think there were three of them. After the third kitten bit me, then jump back into the chest of its host girl, I shouted;"Are you done hurting me?"

In unison, the girls all said 'yes."

It was very cute.

:germany: :tx: :co: :ca: :wy: :nv: :il: :navajonation: :az: :tx: :ak:
Old 06-28-2010, 07:25 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Old 07-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Tellifying

So, I keep dreaming about the same house. Not the same dream, but the same house. Over the course of about half a dozen dreams over about a year, I've been seeing the same house in my dreams I only just realized this two nights ago, when I saw the house again in my dreams.

The house is a big old Victorian, not unlike the Addams family house on the TV show. The part of the house I see most often (or remember best) is the upstairs. The very top of the house has an apartment and another small room. The apartment is almost always occupied by someone other than people I live with (usually family).

In the last dream, the apartment was occupied by the Russian immigrant housekeeper and her severely mentally impaired son. I was showing the house off to someone and opened the apartment door, not realizing they were home. She was ironing while watching TV, but I startled the boy. The boy started to scream and cry. I made my apologies and backed out of the apartment, while the woman waved me away with a "It's okay", though you could see from her face she hated me, her son and quite possibly her life.

The smaller room upstairs has never been explored by me, or at least not to my recollection.

The rooms directly below the apartment are a bit blurry. One of them is definitely a studio style room with a loft bedroom. The rest of the house isn't very clear to me. The front entrance is a bit narrow. The kitchen unremarkable.

One thing that is weird is that part of the house spans over a roadway/driveway. You can drive under the house (I think it might be the living room). The best way i can describe it is that the house kinda looks like the lowercase "h".

I've no idea what, if anything, this all means.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Bizarre unknowable space alien

Jungians say that if you dream of a house, the house is your mind. The basement is your subconscious, the attic your superconscious. Can't remember much more detail than that of what I was told. Sorry.
"freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
- Justice Robert Jackson, West Virginia State Board of Ed. v. Barnette
Old 07-02-2010, 06:24 AM
Solipsist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wei yau View Post
The best way i can describe it is that the house kinda looks like the lowercase "h".
It is a house on legs?

Quote:
One thing that is weird is that part of the house spans over a roadway/driveway. You can drive under the house (I think it might be the living room).
You could drive between the "legs"? But you are not sure what's there?

Quote:
The part of the house I see most often (or remember best) is the upstairs.
You are not familiar with the "downstairs"?

Quote:
The very top of the house has an apartment and another small room. The apartment is almost always occupied by someone other than people I live with (usually family).
Goodness gracious.

Quote:
The smaller room upstairs has never been explored by me, or at least not to my recollection.
Your dream self is not in fact that interested in the upstairs?

Quote:
The front entrance is a bit narrow.
Goodness gracious.

Quote:
I've no idea what, if anything, this all means.
No, nor me.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Old 07-02-2010, 06:30 AM
Dogehlaugher -Scrutari

I startled awake the other night from a dream of a gamelon bicycle parade banging down the street.
Before you doubt me, it does exist.
http://www.folkways.si.edu/albumdeta...px?itemid=1148

Wei, I've read the Jung stuff. Mostly because I keep visiting the same houses over multiple dreams. There are a few houses I visit from time to time, frequently it's a version of the house I grew up in, but not always.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:41 PM

I have been experiencing the return of the dismemberment dreams. My limbs and body parts remain intact--so far--but my dreams are full of cuttings and blood.

First I dreamed of ex-husband, who for some reason sawed off his own hand and left it with me, saying he'd drop back by later to pick it up.

Then another night I dreamed of a lady who first sawed off her own foot at the ankle and then in another part of the dream there she was again, sawing off her left hand.

And then t'other night I dreamed that some amateur surgeon was removing varied body parts from people and other animals, then examining them in an attempt to educate himself. When he was done examining the parts, he dropped them into a sizzling wok where he cooked them up.

I usually have bloody dreams like that when I'm going on or going off my antidepressants. I've been off the things for months so I don't know what all that's about.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:55 PM
1 tE@cH j00 +HE Ov3Rm@N

I had a dream once that I was outside a great city surrounded by a moat...and rioters were coming after me.
I didn't want to live so I asked a south african man with a sniper rifle to shoot me in the head, after which I went to hell where everyone was made of lego's

They had cabaret, scorched swedish food, etc.
Either way when I met lego-satan he proceeded to tell me that hell was now a all-party zone due to it's complete and utter insignificance in modern society. He told me that hell was what the living were inside right now, and as a result he had turned his home into a nightclub.
A lego night-club of course.

Either way I partied, had sex with lego cleopatra, etc.

All very strange.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:22 AM
ŧiggermonkey

Okay, wtf.. I woke up at 1:30 or so last night dripping sweat.. and I NEVER sweat.. after some fucked up dream that I don't remember, and probably don't want to...

:gah:

I literally had towel off and let my sheets and hair dry. :stwitch:

:whatthefuck:
Old 07-14-2010, 09:51 AM
A fellow sophisticate

Dreams over the last week:

1. I dreamed I was a young teen that lived with my family in a farmhouse. In a ravine in the pasture across the road from the house, my friends and I were building a Mars mission rocketship, from making solid fuel rocket boosters out of 55 gallon drums and testing them, using bathroom scales and lever and fulcrum to determine thrust in pounds, calculating how many of them it would take to reach escape velocity, etc. It seem to be a long elaborate dream. Just before we were to take off, my alarm went off, interrupting the dream. I punched snooze, hoping to continue the dream. I did, only it went in a different direction, with some older teenagers finding the rocketship and flipping switches, causing it to ignite only one rocket motor, which knocked the whole thing on its side, catching it on fire. These saboteurs ran off just as the thing exploded in a spectacular worthy of any fireworks display finale. Then my alarm went off again.

2. I dreamed I was an assistant producer of and minor part actor in a television series called "Davy", an action-adventure-sci-fi-historical-detective show featuring a time warped Davy Crockett of Alamo fame. This Davy was closer to Billy Bob Thornton's David Crockett than Fess Parker's Davy, though tall and lanky like Parker. Davy stepped through a door frame, Kentucky long rifle in one hand, Jim Bowie's big knife in the other, ready to slash Santa Ana's Mexican Regulars, but found himself in modern-day times. The bad part of the dream, Davy is played by the real time traveling David Crockett, and as assistant producer, I am responsible for him. In the premier episode, Davy flees the Alamo and San Antonio for the woods, where he is most comfortable. My character is in his yard in a rural suburb pitching golf balls into a corner of the yard near the woods. Camera angle switches, Davy, using his Kentucky long rifle musket like a golf club, pitches a human foot right into the middle of the group of golf balls. The foot was charred, with jagged edges where it was severed with bones sticking out a few inches, it looked like it had been blown off in an explosion. The police are called in, they scour the woods for more body parts but find none. Davy and I are taken in for questioning. Davy tells of his time warp experience in the Alamo, but they are having none of that. I believe him. Davy goes on to solve this mystery in his brash backwoods folksy way. Every time I woke up and rolled over, the dream continued with more episodes, more mysteries, more Davy Crockett wit and wisdom. It actually was a fitful night. Davy was always getting into trouble, like one time putting whiskey from a hip flask into the bottle of a baby that wouldn't quit crying, which is actually an old-time remedy for colicky babies. I don't recollect the solution to the mysteries in any of the episodes.

3. I dreamed we all were told aliens from another planet had taken over, that we had to go to work on their schedule, which was however long they felt like we could last for as many days as they wanted us to. Pay? Dream on, earthling, you're lucky we're letting you live. The weird part was nobody ever saw any aliens nor any spaceships, this is just what we were told we had to do. There was no choice, resist and be arrested and turned over to the mysterious invisible aliens. Many came up with their own ways of resisting without drawing too much attention. Supposedly they could monitor all broadcast and internet signals, so they knew what we were up to. They could not monitor hard-wired phones and microwave networks though, but just in case they could, we came up with coded messages to coordinate the subtle resistance, such as running pipeline pressures so low industrial production went off line. Aliens, nor the government doing their dirty work, understood any of this, they just thought humans were incompetent. Over time, we brought society to a near standstill. The people became more and more restless, began taking to the streets to protest their new alien overlords and their capricious new rules, and that they couldn't go down to the corner store and buy any beer. The government troops tried vainly to control the crowds, but were overwhelmed. During all this, there was a nagging fear of being turned over to the aliens for who knows what. But on and on it went, and no aliens, no spaceships. Weird dream.
Corona688 (08-08-2010)
Old 07-14-2010, 03:25 PM

Dreamed I was in an art supply store looking at a new material: what looked like a type of wood veneer on mat board. The wood veneer was unusual in that it was "pre-patterned" on the mat board, tessellated using the natural grains to create square and rectangular patterns. I'd never seen this sort of wood grain before, looked like a cross between burl oak and tiger maple.

It was ugly, and I spent my time looking at it thinking why would someone sell something so unattractive. It might have looked better if it hadn't been patterned, though.

eta: also, got turned around in the store, and couldn't find my way out (before I woke up). Had to walk through a lady giving a demonstration on Fimo to nobody, as if she had a class and had to do it even if no one showed up.
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (07-15-2010)
Old 07-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

Last night I awakened several times upset and worried out of my head about dreams I can only remember bits and pieces of. The order, as best as I can remember:

Something is wrong with my mother. I'm crying. We're in a house that is my parents' house, but not. I am afraid that she is dying. I don't know why. I sort of have the impression that it is the future, and she is very old, but she does not look it.

We're in a zoo, but no zoo I have ever been in, walking on a sort spiral wooden ramp surrounding a huge central pillar where there are restrooms, food vendors, etc. The trees around us are home to monkeys and bats. There are also animatronic bats flitting around on black strings for some reason. My brother, who is younger than he should be, climbs into the trees, which are revealed to be fake, and knocks down several of them. In the confusion, my other brother is lost.

I am back in the house that is and is not my parents' house. I know that it is in California. My father is building something out back. I know that he and my mother have divorced. He will not speak to me. The outside of the house is graying wood and peeling white paint. We are startled by noises. It is suddenly night. Doc Brown has hitched a Uhaul trailer to the back of his DeLorean and, behind that, a second trailer with tubes containing some sort of radioactive gas. The second trailer breaks. Doc has anticipated this, and has prepared to harness a lightning bolt as a backup measure. He jumps through time as we watch. I am confused that he needed the tubes and the lightning when he has Mr. Fusion.

I am in a high school. It is the past. My mother attends school here, and she is in trouble. There is a cop or a security guard or something who is trying to have hger arrested or expelled or something. I follow him. There is a pool, finished in small, faded blue tiles. I am crying. A friend is with me. Outside on the roof, the sky is pale blue summer doldrum, and the sheds, towers, and whatnot that for some reason cover the roof, are all graying wood and peeling white paint. I climb a rickety staircase to a sort of lookout tower. There is an office. I follow the cop/guard down another staircase. As he descends, another group of officials ascend from an entrance into the school below. He is arguing with them about my mother. When he sees me, he tries to discard his ID, but I run after him and retrieve it.

I am riding in a car, on country roads. A friend, a different one from before, is driving. We retrieve something from a house that I know to belong to the cop/guard. A dog chases us. I cannot get the passenger door shut. We come to an intersection and I tell my friend that this has happened before, and that we went left and died. We turn right. The dog chases us for a while, over roads that are and are not the country roads near where I grew up. At one point, I slam his head in the passenger door. Eventually, exhausted, he stops at a farm house and I see the owner petting him.

I am driving in the mountains, on my way to meet friends. I am going to some place I have been before, but not in real life. It turns out that, although I thought I was headed for a resort, I am actually headed to an old ramshackle house on a hill. As I pull into my destination, I lose control of my Jeep and bump a doghouse, destroying it. The doghouse is being used to store old junk, not to house a dog. As I enter the main house, I recall that I am actually there for a job interview. The walls are cinder blocks, painted white, with exposed pipes. Billy Bob Thorton is interviewing me. I realize that Billy Bob is playing the role of my SO's boss. I no longer want the job. Now I want to humiliate Billy Bob in retaliation for the shit he has made my SO deal with. She walks in, but it is not her, it is an ex from years ago. I'm crying again.
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (07-20-2010)
Old 07-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Bizarre unknowable space alien

Last night I had a nightmare, which is rare. Night terrors I have, but rarely nightmares. I was in my bedroom, but instead of my single bed near the wall I was in a double bed in the center of the room. Other than that the room was the same, including the TV and VCR that have only been in there for about a week. In the dream the sound of the VCR turning on woke me up and the time was 4:47. There's no lighted clock in my room, but there was in the dream.

Then someone knocked on my bedroom door, loudly. I got up and walked to the door, but even in the dream I was still half asleep. I opened the door and said, "Who the - who the hell are you?" Or rather tried to say it, none of the words were really coming out and it felt like my teeth were clenched. Then I screamed and said, "Wake up! Wake up!" and then I woke up. I never saw who the person at the door was. I often have this thing in dreams where I can't see anything and when I try to open my eyes I open them for real and wake up. This was one of those things.

I'm not sure why I was sure the person at the door was a threat. Usually when I dream there is someone in the house, it's a sibling who has a key so there's no fear. Last night it was definitely a stranger and scary. Could be because I was sick yesterday. Illness often sets off my sleep disorder as well as causing nightmares.
"freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
- Justice Robert Jackson, West Virginia State Board of Ed. v. Barnette
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (07-20-2010)
Old 07-20-2010, 10:51 PM
A fellow sophisticate

I am driving through a town, it is a two-lane road. In the center of the town there are two roundabouts at each end of a block of the road, the street between them divided with diagonal parking on both sides of each lane. I'm looking for a place to park. I miss a space, but because of traffic behind me, I cannot back up to park there, I have to drive on to the next roundabout. Lather. Rinse. Repeat several times. Finally, I park in the center section, get out and begin to walk across the street. Getting out of an old late 1960s model Ford pickup is my old boss from the late 1970, Tom, the lab manager. Tom is lighting up his ever-present pipe, recognizes me and says in his usually monotone, "Parking in this town is a bit weird." "Tom, long time, no see. You're looking good, you look just like you did 30 years ago." "Mmm-hmmm." Actually, he looked younger than he did 30 years ago. He looked like he might have been 30 years old, not 45-50 as he was when I worked for him. I'm looking him over like something is wrong because something just wasn't right. I mean I recognized him, and he me, but his lack of gray hair or something was making me feel uneasy. That was it, all I remember.

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium