Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #6601  
Old 04-30-2017, 11:11 PM
Ari's Avatar
Ari Ari is online now
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area
Gender: Male
Posts: MXDX
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

This sounds like a great experiment. Everyone who refuses a vaccine can go in one nursing home, everyone who gets it into another. Then we can film it and show the slow deaths of those who were vaccinated by some other non-pneumonia disease.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2017), But (05-02-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #6602  
Old 05-01-2017, 01:05 AM
specious_reasons's Avatar
specious_reasons specious_reasons is online now
here to bore you with pictures
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: MMCDLVII
Images: 8
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
That's not true but there is no way in hell there can be a balanced discussion here with all the fraud.
It is completely unbalanced, you don't have any evidence that holds up to scrutiny. I agree there's a lot of fraud -- coming from anti-vaxxers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
It's irrelevant specious. It doesn't take away from the probability that their "conspiracy theories" have merit.
Even disgusting racists and frauds can have good ideas. It doesn't make it any less amusing that those disgusting racists and frauds are the heroes of the anti-vaccine movement.
__________________
ta-
DAVE!!!
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #6603  
Old 05-01-2017, 01:41 AM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
That's not true but there is no way in hell there can be a balanced discussion here with all the fraud.
It is completely unbalanced, you don't have any evidence that holds up to scrutiny. I agree there's a lot of fraud -- coming from anti-vaxxers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
It's irrelevant specious. It doesn't take away from the probability that their "conspiracy theories" have merit.
Even disgusting racists and frauds can have good ideas. It doesn't make it any less amusing that those disgusting racists and frauds are the heroes of the anti-vaccine movement.
The questions that people have regarding the safety as well as efficacy of vaccines has its place. So far there are many legitimate concerns that have not been adequately addressed. You refuse to listen or watch anything other than what supports your pro-vaccine stance. So you can vaccinate your children and yourself with the recommended vaccines along with 200 more soon to be approved. Those who dont believe the science is done deserve the same respect.
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #6604  
Old 05-01-2017, 02:13 AM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDCCXCVI
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
You refuse to listen or watch anything other than what supports your pro-vaccine stance.
peacegirl, of course you lie :lol:

Looked at it, fucking demolished it as usual, because it is another of your fucking retard sources. As usual, you sputter like a useless, ignorant layabout:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
peacegirl, you are booked for not doing your due diligence!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Dr. Brownstein checked records for pneumonia rates in the United States published by the Centers for Disease Control. Theoretically, if the pneumonia vaccines work, deaths from the disease should be dropping. "When I looked at the CDC's records for pneumonia, I can't see where there has been any decline in deaths from pneumonia."
Setting aside the iffy premise, peacegirl, did you check to see if that is true? Did you check to see if CDC records for deaths from pneumonia show any decline in pneumonia death rates?

Because peacegirl, I did!

peacegirl, would you like to guess what the results are?

Here they are!

Here is the plot, reproduced here so you don't actually have to click on a link and read data, like someone with some critical analysis skills might do!




These are the death rates per 100,000 from pneumonia from 1999-2015, which represents all of the CDC data available online. It includes death rates from Adenoviral pneumonia, Respiratory syncytial virus pneumonia, Parainfluenza virus pneumonia, Human metapneumovirus pneumonia, Other viral pneumonia, Viral pneumonia, unspecified, Pneumonia due to Streptococcus pneumoniae, Pneumonia due to Haemophilus influenzae, Pneumonia due to Klebsiella pneumoniae, Pneumonia due to Pseudomonas, Pneumonia due to staphylococcus, Pneumonia due to streptococcus, group B, Pneumonia due to other streptococci, Pneumonia due to Escherichia coli, Pneumonia due to other aerobic Gram-negative bacteria, Pneumonia due to Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Other bacterial pneumonia, Bacterial pneumonia, unspecified, Chlamydial pneumonia, Pneumonia due to other specified infectious organisms, Bronchopneumonia, unspecified, Lobar pneumonia, unspecified, Hypostatic pneumonia, unspecified, Other pneumonia, organism unspecified, and Pneumonia, unspecified.

peacegirl, what do you notice about the chart? What do you notice about the trend? peacegirl, what do you think about your source's statement that "I can't see where there has been any decline in deaths from pneumonia?"

And peacegirl, critically analyze the following statement offered by your own source: "if the pneumonia vaccines work, deaths from the disease should be dropping".

Now, peacegirl, look at deaths from pneumonia over the years - they are dropping!

peacegirl, what do you conclude from this, based on your own source?

ETA: Hey, let's limit this to pneumonia deaths attributed to Streptococcus pneumoniae! Here are number of deaths per year and population in a single plot:



peacegirl, do you see how deaths have decreased by more than 50% even as population has increased? peacegirl, why didn't you do this basic due diligence?
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #6605  
Old 05-01-2017, 02:18 AM
Angakuk's Avatar
Angakuk Angakuk is offline
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: MXCCCLXXXIII
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Watch how these phonies rather than discussing the article, will put down the website and the people who run it or the authors themselves. Everyone is a woo to them worthy of their disrespect if they dare question the vaccine schedule, the CDC, or big pharma. They will be called conspiracy theorists without a thread of interest as to whether their theories may have merit. Notice how they try to disqualify anyone who is of a different opinion by trying to make them look kooky. That is their MO. It's a subtle tactic (I'm sure there is a name for it in philosophy) to divert attention away from the true issue under discussion because their inadequacy will be exposed. They can't take that chance so they use name calling to make up for their ignorance.
I think that might be a form of "poisoning the well", or, if you prefer, "vaccinating the well".
__________________
Old Pain In The Ass says: I am on a mission from God to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable; to bring faith to the doubtful and doubt to the faithful. :shakebible:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
But (05-02-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #6606  
Old 05-01-2017, 07:12 AM
Vivisectus's Avatar
Vivisectus Vivisectus is offline
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: VMMCCCLI
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Watch how these phonies rather than discussing the article, will put down the website and the people who run it or the authors themselves. Everyone is a woo to them worthy of their disrespect if they dare question the vaccine schedule, the CDC, or big pharma. They will be called conspiracy theorists without a thread of interest as to whether their theories may have merit. Notice how they try to disqualify anyone who is of a different opinion by trying to make them look kooky. That is their MO. It's a subtle tactic (I'm sure there is a name for it in philosophy) to divert attention away from the true issue under discussion because their inadequacy will be exposed. They can't take that chance so they use name calling to make up for their ignorance.

The Chickenpox Vaccine and Vaccine Mythology

Written by Sarah C. Corriher Category: Reports Published: April 23, 2017

The mythology of vaccines greatly differs by location, depending upon one's native country, and the availability of a given vaccine. This is plainly demonstrated in the contradictory documents about chickenpox, from both the English and American governments. Within Britain, the chickenpox vaccine has only been offered when there were special circumstances, but the immunization has never been available to the majority of the British population. In contrast, the chickenpox vaccine is mandatorily demanded as part of the official vaccine schedule throughout the United States of America.

Throughout Britain's literature regarding chickenpox, the infection is described as being mild, common, and as relatively benign; whereas the American writings depict it as a deadly contagion that merits mandatory vaccinations, as an absolutely critical measure for obtaining public safety. Chickenpox is the same condition regardless of where one dwells, so if vaccinations were as scientific as is generally alleged, then the rationales for them would be nearly identical. However, the descriptions of the infection are essentially the opposite, which could lead a thoughtful reader into pondering which establishment is telling the truth about chickenpox, or if neither establishment is. The only certainty is that at least one of the two establishments has an agenda that is not based in science.

"Chickenpox is a mild and common childhood illness that most children catch at some point. ... Chickenpox is most common in children under the age of 10. In fact, chickenpox is so common in childhood that over 90% of adults are immune to the condition because they've had it before. ... Chickenpox in children is considered a mild illness, but your child will probably feel pretty miserable and irritable while they have it."

-- National Health Service (Britain)

"Chickenpox is a very contagious disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus (VZV). It causes a blister-like rash, itching, tiredness, and fever. The rash appears first on the stomach, back and face and can spread over the entire body causing between 250 and 500 itchy blisters. Chickenpox can be serious, especially in babies, adults, and people with weakened immune systems. The best way to prevent chickenpox is to get the chickenpox vaccine. ... Chickenpox can be serious. Before there was a vaccine, each year chickenpox caused about 4 million people to get sick, more than 10,500 hospitalizations, and about 100 to 150 deaths. Most people who get severe chickenpox are healthy beforehand."

-- Centers for Disease Control (U.S.A.)

From the descriptions above, it appears that each agency was reporting about an entirely different condition, but the significant distinction was that each official vaccination recommendation was matched to its market availability. In other words, the demand for the vaccine was artificially crafted to match the local market's supply. This phenomenon is called getting a "return on investment" (R.O.I.) amongst financial professionals, and it has been fueling vaccine mythology throughout the health industry worldwide.

cont. at: The Chickenpox Vaccine and Vaccine Mythology - The Health Wyze Report
I think this article itself is more than enough to discredit whoever wrote it. A disease that 4 million people catch each year but is only fatal in 150 cases of those is fairly mild. So the proposed difference between the two descriptions only appears to be there to people who have trouble with reading comprehension.

Then the article makes a sudden speculative leap:

Quote:
but the significant distinction was that each official vaccination recommendation was matched to its market availability. In other words, the demand for the vaccine was artificially crafted to match the local market's supply. This phenomenon is called getting a "return on investment" (R.O.I.) amongst financial professionals,
Kinda funny, as it looks like someone is using terms they do not actually understand here, hence their inappropriate use. What they also do not understand is that such claims require some evidence, a source, or something else to back it up.

Complete tripe... and what is funny is that you do not even need to look outside the article to see it's flaws. Do you even read this stuff before you post it?
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017), Ari (05-01-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #6607  
Old 05-01-2017, 02:17 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDCCXCVI
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

peacegirl, let's turn this into another due diligence and critical analysis teaching moment!

peacegirl, let's imagine that you were interested in doing your due diligence and critically analyzing your fucking retarded source. I know you're not, but let's imagine that you were! Where might you begin?

Here's a hint, peacegirl: let's start with the NHS and CDC chickenpox websites that your fucking retarded source cites:

The NHS Scotland says, in addition to the portion quoted by your fucking retarded source:
Quote:
If your child has chickenpox, try to keep them away from public areas to avoid contact with people who may not have had it, especially people who are at risk of serious problems, such as newborn babies, pregnant women and anyone with a weakened immune system (for example, people having cancer treatment or taking steroid tablets).
...
Some children and adults are at special risk of serious problems if they catch chickenpox. They include:

pregnant women
newborn babies
people with a weakened immune system

These people should seek medical advice as soon as they are exposed to the chickenpox virus or they develop chickenpox symptoms.
The CDC says:
Quote:
Most children with chickenpox completely recover. But it can be serious, even deadly, especially for babies, pregnant women, adolescents, adults, and people with weakened immune systems.
peacegirl, do you notice anything about how your fucking retarded source quoted each source?

peacegirl, did you notice that your fucking retarded source quoted the NHS with respect to chickenpox in children (which is typically not a serious condition) and the CDC with respect to chickenpox in high risk populations (which typically is a serious condition)? Did you notice that peacegirl? No? Why not? Is it because you didn't actually read the article or conduct any critical analysis or due diligence? Yes.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017)
  #6608  
Old 05-01-2017, 03:54 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
peacegirl, let's turn this into another due diligence and critical analysis teaching moment!

peacegirl, let's imagine that you were interested in doing your due diligence and critically analyzing your fucking retarded source. I know you're not, but let's imagine that you were! Where might you begin?

Here's a hint, peacegirl: let's start with the NHS and CDC chickenpox websites that your fucking retarded source cites:

The NHS Scotland says, in addition to the portion quoted by your fucking retarded source:
Quote:
If your child has chickenpox, try to keep them away from public areas to avoid contact with people who may not have had it, especially people who are at risk of serious problems, such as newborn babies, pregnant women and anyone with a weakened immune system (for example, people having cancer treatment or taking steroid tablets).
...
Some children and adults are at special risk of serious problems if they catch chickenpox. They include:

pregnant women
newborn babies
people with a weakened immune system

These people should seek medical advice as soon as they are exposed to the chickenpox virus or they develop chickenpox symptoms.
The CDC says:
Quote:
Most children with chickenpox completely recover. But it can be serious, even deadly, especially for babies, pregnant women, adolescents, adults, and people with weakened immune systems.
peacegirl, do you notice anything about how your fucking retarded source quoted each source?

peacegirl, did you notice that your fucking retarded source quoted the NHS with respect to chickenpox in children (which is typically not a serious condition) and the CDC with respect to chickenpox in high risk populations (which typically is a serious condition)? Did you notice that peacegirl? No? Why not? Is it because you didn't actually read the article or conduct any critical analysis or due diligence? Yes.
OMG, I do not have to vaccinate my child for the one in a million chance that a child with a weakened immune system could be hurt, especially when these vaccines are causing a more virulent strain that will cause serious problems down the road. I have no desire to talk to you about vaccines chuck. You are an ignorant fool!
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #6609  
Old 05-01-2017, 03:59 PM
Ari's Avatar
Ari Ari is online now
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area
Gender: Male
Posts: MXDX
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
especially when these vaccines are causing a more virulent strain that will cause serious problems down the road.
They are? Are they becoming immune to the vaccines?
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #6610  
Old 05-01-2017, 04:00 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDCCXCVI
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
my child
:lol:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017), But (05-02-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #6611  
Old 05-01-2017, 04:09 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
my child
:lol:
Yes Chuck, my child which represents all children whose mothers have to go through the same harrowing decision.
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #6612  
Old 05-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMMCCXXX
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
my child
:lol:
Yes Chuck, my child which represents all children whose mothers have to go through the same harrowing decision.
Yeah Chuck! peacegirl is the symbolic mother of all humankind, just as the mighty wang of Seymour Lessans was the symbolic phallus of all humankind! Jeez, you guys are dumb!
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017), But (05-02-2017), ChuckF (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #6613  
Old 05-01-2017, 05:03 PM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMMCCXXX
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

While you're there, be sure to pick up your Health Wyze Essentials Pack (now 22% off!), Health Wyze Antiperspirant and a copy of Defy Your Doctor and Be Healed.

I see trouble on the horizon, though. Sarah Corriher calls the Miracle Mineral Solution of Jim Humble (everyone's favorite billion-year-old god from the Andromeda galaxy) a fraud. She also refers to MMS as bleach, even though peacegirl told us upthread that MMS is 100% totally not bleach!
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017), But (05-02-2017), ChuckF (05-01-2017)
  #6614  
Old 05-01-2017, 05:11 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
While you're there, be sure to pick up your Health Wyze Essentials Pack (now 22% off!), Health Wyze Antiperspirant and a copy of Defy Your Doctor and Be Healed.

I see trouble on the horizon, though. Sarah Corriher calls the Miracle Mineral Solution of Jim Humble (everyone's favorite billion-year-old god from the Andromeda galaxy) a fraud. She also refers to MMS as bleach, even though peacegirl told us upthread that MMS is 100% totally not bleach!
This is exactly what I knew would happen. Thank you Maturin! This is the biggest cop-out there is, and makes it so easy to discredit anyone who is deemed a threat with no discussion of the actual topic. It's as sleazy as it comes!
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #6615  
Old 05-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMMCCXXX
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specious reasons
But, it's even more amusing to find out that the frauds you are idolizing for taking a brave stand against "big pharma" is also taking a brave stand against "international bankers" and the history of the Holocaust.
It's irrelevant specious. It doesn't take away from the probability that their "conspiracy theories" have merit.
:laugh:

Quoted for future reference.
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #6616  
Old 05-01-2017, 05:32 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDCCXCVI
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
While you're there, be sure to pick up your Health Wyze Essentials Pack (now 22% off!), Health Wyze Antiperspirant and a copy of Defy Your Doctor and Be Healed.

I see trouble on the horizon, though. Sarah Corriher calls the Miracle Mineral Solution of Jim Humble (everyone's favorite billion-year-old god from the Andromeda galaxy) a fraud. She also refers to MMS as bleach, even though peacegirl told us upthread that MMS is 100% totally not bleach!
:ohnoes:

peacegirl, do you agree with your source Sarah Corriher that MMS is a bleach, poisonous, and a dangerous fraud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl's source Sarah Corriher
The marketing of this product is so dishonest that even its name was based upon lies. It was never a mineral nor a miracle, or even a supplement. Chlorine deficiencies do not exist in any living creature. The name change happened because the product had been well exposed as a dangerous fraud, in much the same way that a career criminal will change his name to inhibit police investigations and arrests. A similar product is called "MMS2", and it is sold by the same people.

Chlorine dioxide is the compound that is used to bleach flour, and disinfect municipal water supplies. This bleaching process is one reason why processed carbohydrates are so destructive to the human body. In addition to being nutritionally destroyed by the bleaching process, food exposure to chlorine leaves behind dioxin compounds in the food, as chlorine reactions tend to do.

Promoters of M.M.S. claim that it cures A.I.D.S., herpes, cancer, malaria, tuberculosis, and "many more diseases". Snake oils never had it so good. The M.M.S. fraud would be amusing if it weren't so dangerous.
I guess not:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Please stop using the word bleach. It sounds horrendous and is a misrepresentation of what MMS is.
peacegirl, why do you think your source Sarah Corriher is wrong?
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017), But (05-02-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #6617  
Old 05-01-2017, 05:49 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
While you're there, be sure to pick up your Health Wyze Essentials Pack (now 22% off!), Health Wyze Antiperspirant and a copy of Defy Your Doctor and Be Healed.

I see trouble on the horizon, though. Sarah Corriher calls the Miracle Mineral Solution of Jim Humble (everyone's favorite billion-year-old god from the Andromeda galaxy) a fraud. She also refers to MMS as bleach, even though peacegirl told us upthread that MMS is 100% totally not bleach!
:ohnoes:

peacegirl, do you agree with your source Sarah Corriher that MMS is a bleach, poisonous, and a dangerous fraud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl's source Sarah Corriher
The marketing of this product is so dishonest that even its name was based upon lies. It was never a mineral nor a miracle, or even a supplement. Chlorine deficiencies do not exist in any living creature. The name change happened because the product had been well exposed as a dangerous fraud, in much the same way that a career criminal will change his name to inhibit police investigations and arrests. A similar product is called "MMS2", and it is sold by the same people.

Chlorine dioxide is the compound that is used to bleach flour, and disinfect municipal water supplies. This bleaching process is one reason why processed carbohydrates are so destructive to the human body. In addition to being nutritionally destroyed by the bleaching process, food exposure to chlorine leaves behind dioxin compounds in the food, as chlorine reactions tend to do.

Promoters of M.M.S. claim that it cures A.I.D.S., herpes, cancer, malaria, tuberculosis, and "many more diseases". Snake oils never had it so good. The M.M.S. fraud would be amusing if it weren't so dangerous.
I guess not:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Please stop using the word bleach. It sounds horrendous and is a misrepresentation of what MMS is.
peacegirl, why do you think your source Sarah Corriher is wrong?
Completely unrelated. A total strawman!
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #6618  
Old 05-01-2017, 06:03 PM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMMCCXXX
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Thank you Maturin!
:hattip:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
This is the biggest cop-out there is, and makes it so easy to discredit anyone who is deemed a threat with no discussion of the actual topic.
You're such a silly cow. The notion that you're at all interested in "discussion of the actual topic" is preposterous. As always, you blundered across an opinion piece, liked it because it accords with your preexisting views, and presented it here as established fact.

But hey, knock yourself out. If being a pontificating harridan is helping you outrun the realization that you've long since outlived any real usefulness you may have had, then by all means continue. :yup:
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #6619  
Old 05-01-2017, 06:43 PM
The Lone Ranger's Avatar
The Lone Ranger The Lone Ranger is offline
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: MXCCCXCIII
Images: 523
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Completely unrelated. A total strawman!
:chuckle: That word ["strawman"] doesn't mean what you seem to think it does. But by all means, do continue to demonstrate your inability to comprehend basic English.
__________________
“The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.”
-- Socrates
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #6620  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:01 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Completely unrelated. A total strawman!
:chuckle: That word ["strawman"] doesn't mean what you seem to think it does. But by all means, do continue to demonstrate your inability to comprehend basic English.
It fits perfectly.

straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
noun: strawman
1.
an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
"her familiar procedure of creating a straw man by exaggerating their approach"


What Is a Straw Man Argument?

I always think of the Straw Man from The Wizard of Oz, but that's not the real origin. In its simplest definition, straw man is the name of a logical fallacy, which means that if you carefully dissect the argument or statement, it doesn't make sense. Debaters invoke a straw man when they put forth an argument—usually something extreme or easy to argue against—that they know their opponent doesn't support. You put forth a straw man because you know it will be easy for you to knock down or discredit. It's a way of misrepresenting your opponent's position.

It's as if you took a flaming scarecrow, threw it onto the debate floor, yelled “Look, it's my opponent's dangerous straw man,” and then you appeared to save the day by dousing the flames with water. All while your opponent mutters, “That's not my straw man. What just happened?”

It can be annoyingly effective because in response you may be lured into clarifying what your position is not instead of talking about what your position is, and studies have shown that when you repeat a lie, even if you are repeating it to refute it, the repetition can make people more likely to believe that the lie is true (1).

Grammar Girl : What Is a Straw Man Argument? :: Quick and Dirty Tips â„¢



Two Fallacies of Connection: Red Herring, Ad Hominem

Under certain situations it is possible to say things that are logically irrelevant to the issue at hand, but which nevertheless succeed in having some effect on the way in which people understand it. There are two standard ways of doing this. (1) Introduce an issue that is superficially similar to the one being discussed; (2) Focus attention on the speaker rather than what the speaker is saying. The first of these fallacies is called Red Herring. The second is called Ad Hominem. (These, by the way, are not totally distinct fallacies; technically, an Ad Hominem is a Red Herring.)

Red Herring

Def.: Distracting attention from an issue by introducing an irrelevant issue or one that is only superficially related to the one being discussed. The mechanism of this fallacy is similar to that of Straw Person. Both depend on creating something that has a deceptive resemblance to the genuine article. Also, like Straw Person, Red Herring does not depend on intentionally deceiving someone. More often than not people commit Red Herring because they don't know or can't keep their minds focused on the real issue.

E.g. 1: Suppose people in our community are drawing graffiti on public buildings. I point out that it is an illegal activity and suggest that we should make a more concerted effort to apprehend and prosecute the offenders. You respond as follows: "But graffiti is art and the people who do it are artists." This is a Red Herring, because the artistic value of graffiti is unrelated to the question of its legality. However, because you are still talking about graffiti and saying something that I might disagree with, you may succeed in distracting my attention from the real issue.

Ad Hominem

Def.: Any attempt to discredit a view by calling attention to the character, actions or personal circumstances of those who hold it rather than the reasoning they provide in support of it.

"Ad hominem" is Latin for "against the person." Anything that involves an attack on a person's character we call an Abusive Ad Hominem. Anything that appeals to a person's unique circumstances we call a Circumstantial ad Hominem. These are both fallacious for the simple reason that the personal character and circumstances of the individual reasoner are logically irrelevant to the question whether the reasoning itself is any good.

E.g. 1: Suppose a very rich person like Ross Perot gives a speech in which he argues that it is not such a great thing to be rich and that, in fact, people who are poor are likely to live better lives on the whole. Of course, we want to respond: "Oh, sure, that's easy for you to say, but I don't see you giving away all your money." This is an abusive Ad Hominem, because we are attacking Perot as a hypocrite rather than examining the argument itself. It is also known at the fallacy of Tu Quoque, which is Latin for "You do it, too."

E.g. 2: Suppose I am a member of an ethnic minority and I am arguing against affirmative action. You may be inclined to give me the following advice: "You are foolish to adopt this view. Don't you realize that as a member of an ethnic minority you stand to benefit from affirmative actions programs?" This is a Circumstantial Ad Hominem because you are using my personal circumstances in order to try to discredit my view or encourage me to adopt a different one. You do not actually examine the reasoning I have produced.


I think the criticism toward my sources are ad hominem attacks. I know one thing for sure. It's an escape route so as not to have to discuss the value of the article under discussion.
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 05-01-2017 at 08:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6621  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:06 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDCCXCVI
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

peacegirl, are you not able to say why you think your source Sarah Corriher is wrong?
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #6622  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:11 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
peacegirl, are you not able to say why you think your source Sarah Corriher is wrong?
Wrong about what Chuck?
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #6623  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:26 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDCCXCVI
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Why, about MMS, of course - you know, the bag of bleach that you would have me shove up MY CHILD'S* rectum or whatever.

Your source Sarah Corriher said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl's source Sarah Corriher
The marketing of this product is so dishonest that even its name was based upon lies. It was never a mineral nor a miracle, or even a supplement. Chlorine deficiencies do not exist in any living creature. The name change happened because the product had been well exposed as a dangerous fraud, in much the same way that a career criminal will change his name to inhibit police investigations and arrests. A similar product is called "MMS2", and it is sold by the same people.

Chlorine dioxide is the compound that is used to bleach flour, and disinfect municipal water supplies. This bleaching process is one reason why processed carbohydrates are so destructive to the human body. In addition to being nutritionally destroyed by the bleaching process, food exposure to chlorine leaves behind dioxin compounds in the food, as chlorine reactions tend to do.

Promoters of M.M.S. claim that it cures A.I.D.S., herpes, cancer, malaria, tuberculosis, and "many more diseases". Snake oils never had it so good. The M.M.S. fraud would be amusing if it weren't so dangerous.
You said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Giving the impression that sodium chloride is industrial bleach is a complete misrepresentation of what sodium chloride does in the recommended amounts. I am not saying that his MMS is a cure-all, but it certainly doesn't have the same deleterious effects that bleach has.

Have used Chlorine Dioxide daily for 26 years at MMS - Miracle Mineral Solution Debate, topic 1671224
peacegirl, why do you think your source Sarah Corriher is wrong?

It's pretty interesting how your source Sarah Corriher makes a lot of the same points about MMS being a toxic fraud that folks here at :ff: made to you; peacegirl, do you agree with your source Sarah Corriher and :ff: that MMS is is a poisonous fraud perpetrated by quacks and hucksters against the most vulnerable?

*MY CHILD of course does not refer to an actual literally child but rather the unitary Symbolchild of All Mankind, obviously
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017), But (03-16-2018), Stephen Maturin (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #6624  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:37 PM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMMCCXXX
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

To avoid extended discussion of the issue, I think we can all agree that Sarah Corriher is entirely correct and peacegirl entirely incorrect with regard to Jim Humble and MMS.

You're welcome. :)
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017), ChuckF (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #6625  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:38 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDCCXCVI
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
To avoid extended discussion of the issue, I think we can all agree that Sarah Corriher is entirely correct and peacegirl entirely incorrect with regard to Jim Humble and MMS.

You're welcome. :)
Thank you! I, on behalf of myself and My Child (symbolchild), stipulate to the foregoing.

Now we can move on.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 1.74715 seconds with 14 queries