Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #7101  
Old 05-21-2017, 08:30 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXLIX
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Chuck uses any small error that I might make (a mistake based on a technicality)
I do do that. I especially love technicalities like "peacegirl is lying again" or "peacegirl hasn't read her own source again" or "peacegirl is citing Holocaust deniers again" or "peacegirl has no evidence to support her claims again" or "the totality of facts demonstrates that peacegirl is wrong again" or "peacegirl lacks even a basic understanding of fundamental concepts again" or "peacegirl doesn't have the elementary knowledge or skills to critically analyze anything again" or "peacegirl is cognitively incapable of perceiving information that conflicts with her pre-existing beliefs" or "peacegirl is an ignorant parasite" or "peacegirl's Corrupted Text must be rejected because it is Corrupt" and the like.

Happily, virtually every single thing that peacegirl writes falls into one or more of these categories, so there's a lot for me to work with :yup: I guess that's why she hates me. Either that, or because I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text. Could be both, I guess.

https://hub.jhu.edu/2017/01/11/vacci...health-expert/
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-22-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-22-2017), The Man (05-21-2017)
  #7102  
Old 05-21-2017, 09:20 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXLIX
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
No Maturin. The term risk in this situation applies to causing a physical hurt to someone else as a result of your actions. The emotional fallout to others, or the financial cost, will not deter those who don't want to wear seat belts. :giggle:
:laugh:

Sorry, Cochise, but you don't get to redefine words to suit your own purposes. Look, I understand that you're a parasite and in all likelihood have never done an honest day's work in your life. Coming from that perspective, it's likely impossible for you to understand that unnecessarily draining public resources is in fact a risk adults take - not for themselves but for others - when they refuse to buckle up.

But hey, no one can legitimately expect you to understand that simple truth. It'd be like asking a chimp to do calculus.
I'm just sayin that's not the way people think. If they don't want to wear seatbelts, and this is a risk that they are willing to take because this is a risk that applies only to them (they aren't telling other people not to buckle up), that's as far as their thought process is going to take them, right or wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
He's not my boy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
Of course he is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I hope Trump wins: he believes vaccines can cause autism and would not make vaccines mandatory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Trump is right on this issue. It's an issue of freedom. I would vote for him due to his position on vaccines alone.
You're a Trumpling. Time to own up and embrace the horror you helped bring about. :yup:
Labeling me is a display of your weakness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
Hey, I'm not the dipshit who openly advocated putting a total sociopath in the White House based solely on the fact that the sociopath in question tweeted some dumbass nonsense about vaccines. That was you. :you:

You're a Trumpling, peacegirl. The Trump Administration is yours. Own it! I know you believe that you've never had any measure of responsibility for anything at all, but that belief is simply not true. :nope:

Have your children decided whose going to support you when your boy kicks you off the dole?
He's not my boy. Every voter has to make tough decisions. The issue of vaccination was a deal breaker for me. You can intimidate me all you want. You also made a choice based on what was most important to you. That doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
Yet that's exactly what government does when it mandates the use of child safety devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
And keep in mind that the laws regarding seatbelts and child seats are far more onerous than anything vaccine related. Violate the seatbelt or child seat laws and you go to jail or pay a fine. Forego vaccinating your child, and in many states there are no consequences at all. The worst that could happen is losing out on some government freebies.
Your legalistic mind isn't serving you well. The consequences of not wearing a seatbelt is a fine, but the consequences of not following the latest vaccine schedule may be a child who is free of the vaccine induced complications that you are in denial about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin:laugh:

As long as you have the Big Book of Informal Fallacies open, check out the section on "equivocation."

The legal consequences of failure to use seat belts and child seats are criminal sanctions, namely fines and jail time.

The worst possible legal consequence of failure to vaccinate is loss of some government freebies. In many states, mine included, there are no legal consequences at all. Thus, death belt mandates are substantially more onerous than vaccine mandates, which are not really mandates at all.[/quote]

As I said, the legal consequences of not vaccinating might be lighter than the seat belt fines, but the health consequences may be greater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
You are assuming that there are non-negligent parents who would choose to allow their children to ride unrestrained because the burgeoning data of seatbelt risks override the benefits.
[quote="Stephen Maturin
Not at all. I know with certainty that there are non-negligent parents who would choose to allow their children to ride unrestrained because the burgeoning data of seatbelt risks override the benefits. Haven't you read any of the articles or watched any of the videos Chuck posted on the subject?
The data shows that the chance of survival in an accident still favors the use of seatbelts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
Unsubstantiated pontification noted. :yup: In any event, this is not a conclusion that you or your big government authoritarian cohorts get to make for every parent.
I never said they should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Show me those non-negligent parents or you're a liar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
peacegirl, you quite literally have nothing to do and all day to do it. If you can't be bothered to read any of the many articles or watch any of the many vids linked upthread, then you're beyond hope.
So only if I don't read the vids linked upthread, I'm beyond hope? I thought you said I'm beyond hope long before that. :giggle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
So then, the only assumption here is yours. You're assuming that any parent who declines to use deathbelts or death seats is automatically negligent. What arrogance!Sorry, peacegirl, but you don't get to make that judgment. It's up to each parent to decide what's best for his or her child.
Quote:
I'm not making a judgment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
Nonsense. You're assuming that every single parent who declines to use deathbelts or death seats is negligent, regardless of how much research they have done, how well they make their case, and how much they love their children. That's quintessentially judgmental. :yup:
I never said or implied that. I said that taking into consideration the stats on lives saved, seatbelt and car seats are still considered the best protection we have. That's why you don't see parents crusading against seatbelt laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
Right. As you see it, it's okay for government to legislate child safety in derogation of the rights of "minority" parents.
Technically, it's not right just as I don't agree with vaccine mandates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
So then, we're back to my original statement at the outset of this latest deathbelt discussion: mandatory seat belt legislation is wrong and should be repealed.

Right?
Quote:
Like I said, most parents would go along with the legislation because the stats show that the benefits of wearing a seatbelt outweighs the risks, therefore they are in line with the legislation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
But according to you, the legislation is "not right" just the same. Even if we assume that your unsubstantiated pontification about "most parents" is true, would that justify overriding the parental rights of those in the minority?
It would be overriding the parental rights of those in the minority, but those in the minority would most likely be negligent in their parental duties. So, yes, there are negligent parents out there and they would not be worse for the wear to have to abide by the law. If they were worried about the seatbelt getting stuck in a car accident, they could buy a utility knife. There are risks to everything, true. It is choosing the least risky alternative that matters. This is not the same for vaccination Maturin. I know what you're getting at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I reserve the right to weigh the pros and cons of vaccine administration as circumstances dictate. If there was an epidemic or my child was in a particularly vulnerable situation (such as being in a crowded area where meningitis is known to occur), I may get my child vaccinated. Giving one vaccine increases the chance that there will be no adverse effects. Less is often more as we are learning with the overuse of antibiotics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
And that's fine. There's no harm in admitting that you changed your mind and are now a safe vaccines advocate rather than a "bonafide anti-vaxxer." Thinking people don't hesitate to change their minds when the evidence renders an existing position untenable.
Whatever. Call me a safe vaccine advocate. I don't think the present vaccine schedule is necessary or safe. But if there was an epidemic of fatal diseases, I may choose to vaccinate. Vaccinating for measles (especially the three in one vaccine) or chicken pox isn't one of them. But I would consider vaccinating for pneumonia or meningitis depending on certain conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
So then, according to you, when it comes to the dangers of seat belts and child seats parents should just don their blinders, toe the line, and obey the law like good little sheeple.

Whatever you say, Goebbels.
I didn't say that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
What you said was that as to seat belts and car seats, parents shouldn't do any safety-related due diligence; since they're stuck obeying the law in any event, researching the safety issues can only cause them grief.

In other words, according to you, when it comes to the dangers of seat belts and child seats parents should just don their blinders, toe the line, and obey the law like good little sheeple.
I never said that. I said that once something becomes law, people often don't feel they have a choice. If the law is unjust or people are getting hurt by the law, they will fight back as we are seeing with vaccine mandates.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #7103  
Old 05-21-2017, 10:47 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXLIX
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Auto Accident Attorneys for People With Seatbelt Injuries :: Chicago Auto Accident Attorney Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers

Quote:
There are common injuries that individuals can suffer from the use of seat belts as restraining devices:

Broken bones
Head injuries
Whiplash
Fractured sternum
Spinal cord injuries
Internal bleeding and trauma
Abdominal injuries
Bowel injuries
Skin abrasions
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-22-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-22-2017), The Man (05-21-2017)
  #7104  
Old 05-21-2017, 11:11 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXLIX
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Auto Accident Attorneys for People With Seatbelt Injuries :: Chicago Auto Accident Attorney Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers

Quote:
There are common injuries that individuals can suffer from the use of seat belts as restraining devices:

Broken bones
Head injuries
Whiplash
Fractured sternum
Spinal cord injuries
Internal bleeding and trauma
Abdominal injuries
Bowel injuries
Skin abrasions
https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/seatbeltbrief/
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #7105  
Old 05-21-2017, 11:13 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXLIX
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Auto Accident Attorneys for People With Seatbelt Injuries :: Chicago Auto Accident Attorney Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers

Quote:
There are common injuries that individuals can suffer from the use of seat belts as restraining devices:

Broken bones
Head injuries
Whiplash
Fractured sternum
Spinal cord injuries
Internal bleeding and trauma
Abdominal injuries
Bowel injuries
Skin abrasions
Policy Impact: Seat Belts | Motor Vehicle Safety | CDC Injury Center
Whoa, CDC - good source!

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
But (05-22-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-22-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-22-2017), The Man (05-21-2017)
  #7106  
Old 05-21-2017, 11:44 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXLIX
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Auto Accident Attorneys for People With Seatbelt Injuries :: Chicago Auto Accident Attorney Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers

Quote:
There are common injuries that individuals can suffer from the use of seat belts as restraining devices:

Broken bones
Head injuries
Whiplash
Fractured sternum
Spinal cord injuries
Internal bleeding and trauma
Abdominal injuries
Bowel injuries
Skin abrasions
Policy Impact: Seat Belts | Motor Vehicle Safety | CDC Injury Center
Whoa, CDC - good source!

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html
I'm sorry but seatbelt crash data do not compare with the data that says there is no relationship between vaccines and autism. At the very least they could admit there are cases of encephalitis.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #7107  
Old 05-22-2017, 12:40 AM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXLIX
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Auto Accident Attorneys for People With Seatbelt Injuries :: Chicago Auto Accident Attorney Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers

Quote:
There are common injuries that individuals can suffer from the use of seat belts as restraining devices:

Broken bones
Head injuries
Whiplash
Fractured sternum
Spinal cord injuries
Internal bleeding and trauma
Abdominal injuries
Bowel injuries
Skin abrasions
Policy Impact: Seat Belts | Motor Vehicle Safety | CDC Injury Center
I'm sorry but vaccine data do not compare with the data that says there is no relationship between death belts and cancer. At the very least they could admit there are cases of cancer.

Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-22-2017), The Man (05-22-2017)
  #7108  
Old 05-22-2017, 03:09 AM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXLIX
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Auto Accident Attorneys for People With Seatbelt Injuries :: Chicago Auto Accident Attorney Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers

Quote:
There are common injuries that individuals can suffer from the use of seat belts as restraining devices:

Broken bones
Head injuries
Whiplash
Fractured sternum
Spinal cord injuries
Internal bleeding and trauma
Abdominal injuries
Bowel injuries
Skin abrasions
Policy Impact: Seat Belts | Motor Vehicle Safety | CDC Injury Center
I'm sorry but vaccine data do not compare with the data that says there is no relationship between death belts and cancer. At the very least they could admit there are cases of cancer.

I feel so sad for the parents who know their child was hurt by vaccines and you spit in their face. Ignoring their cries and calling their observations nothing more than coincidence would be the worst form of cruelty I can think of. :cry:
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #7109  
Old 05-22-2017, 03:14 AM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXLIX
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I feel so sad for the parents who know their child was hurt by vaccines and you spit in their face. Ignoring their cries and calling their observations nothing more than coincidence would be the worst form of cruelty I can think of. :cry:
I feel so sad for the parents who know their child was hurt by a deathbelt and you spit in their face. Ignoring their cries and calling their observations nothing more than coincidence would be the worst form of cruelty I can think of. :cry:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-23-2017), Dragar (05-22-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-22-2017), The Man (05-22-2017)
  #7110  
Old 05-22-2017, 11:33 AM
Vivisectus's Avatar
Vivisectus Vivisectus is offline
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: VMMCCCXXXIV
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
He's not my boy. Every voter has to make tough decisions. The issue of vaccination was a deal breaker for me. You can intimidate me all you want. You also made a choice based on what was most important to you. That doesn't make you right and me wrong.
He kinda is: you voted for him. You chose to support him, and helped vote him into the presidency. And apparently you did so purely based on his stance about vaccines.

So you either agreed with his plans, or you just did not think they were important compared to his tweets about vaccines.

These plans include abolishing the ACA, spending billions on a wall along the Mexican border, banning Muslims from traveling to the USA, to cut taxes (for the rich, mostly), to bring in protectionist trade policies, to get rid of almost all environmental protection regulation, bringing back for-profit prisons and more mandatory minimum sentencing. And of course it seems you believed him when he said he was not going to cut medicaid and medicare... which he is currently in the process of doing, as predicted.

And it is not like any of this was a secret. This is what it said on the tin when you bought it, darling!

But hey - due diligence right? He promised a vaccine safety commission, and that is a dealbreaker for you.

BTW that is not what dealbreaker means.

But you are all about due diligence, so you were aware of all this. You just did not think it was more important than some vague promise of a vaccine committee!

So I guess that when they take your medicaid away or cut it in half, and when the ACA has been sabotaged out of existence whether a replacement gets through the house or not, when 24 million Americans lose their insurance and start dying from treatable diseases (or going bankrupt), when the USA takes their foot off the break where global warming is concerned, when it has been made easy to just rip out all natural resources without having to worry about what it does to the environment, while the rich and corporations have their taxes cut, you feel that is worth it.

Because maybe vaccines have unknown side effects!

Just out of curiosity: what does a complete failure to do due diligence look like, if this is not one?
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), But (05-22-2017), ChuckF (05-22-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-23-2017), Dragar (05-22-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-22-2017), The Man (05-22-2017)
  #7111  
Old 05-22-2017, 12:33 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXLIX
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I feel so sad for the parents who know their child was hurt by vaccines and you spit in their face. Ignoring their cries and calling their observations nothing more than coincidence would be the worst form of cruelty I can think of. :cry:
I feel so sad for the parents who know their child was hurt by a deathbelt and you spit in their face. Ignoring their cries and calling their observations nothing more than coincidence would be the worst form of cruelty I can think of. :cry:
Mimicking me will get you nowhere. It isn't even a valid response. It's just a form of sarcasm. That's all you know how to do because you have no answer.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #7112  
Old 05-22-2017, 12:37 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXLIX
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Mimicking me will get you nowhere.
:lol: peacegirl, why do you think I want to go anywhere? I have been pretty forthcoming:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Years ago, Isaac Asimov described why he refused to "debate" Creationists.
"Any good Creationist 'debater' can come up with more lies and bad logic in 5 minutes than even the most knowledgable scientist can refute in an hour. And if he is backed into a corner, the Creationist will immediately move the goalposts. Therefore, it is a waste of time to try to debate such a person, since he doesn't care whether or not what he's saying is true, but only that it serves his purposes."*

Attempting to "debate" peacegirl is exactly the same experience.


*I don't have the exact quote at hand, so I'm going from memory.
If it isn't completely self-evident, this is the precise reason why it's so much fun for me to engage peacegirl in the person of the True Steward of the Authentic Text. After she makes it clear that she has no interest in facts or data or anything like that and seeks to limit the discourse to anything that confirms her pre-existing biases (maybe sweeping in a little Holocaust denial in the process), I figure, ok, let's leave facts behind; peacegirl doesn't care about them. But what does she claim care about? Her Corrupted Text, that's what.

And from there, I can simply take the peacegirl approach, and make up my own reality. Because it is all nonsense babble, there are no facts to constrain us. The goal is simply to out-peacegirl peacegirl on her own turf. And I have to admit: it is pretty fun.

Though, sometimes I worry that it might get kind of old, but then I remember that the handful of people who even pay attention to these threads are old pros who've been giving ye olde efferent vision the time of day for years now, so I hope it doesn't get too tiresome for you guys.
peacegirl, have you ever noticed that you do all of your bitching about how I mimic you in one breath and then all of your bitching about the bad logic in my posts in the next breath? Do you think that's a coincidence?
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-23-2017), The Man (05-22-2017)
  #7113  
Old 05-22-2017, 12:47 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXLIX
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
He's not my boy. Every voter has to make tough decisions. The issue of vaccination was a deal breaker for me. You can intimidate me all you want. You also made a choice based on what was most important to you. That doesn't make you right and me wrong.
He kinda is: you voted for him. You chose to support him, and helped vote him into the presidency. And apparently you did so purely based on his stance about vaccines.

So you either agreed with his plans, or you just did not think they were important compared to his tweets about vaccines.

These plans include abolishing the ACA, spending billions on a wall along the Mexican border, banning Muslims from traveling to the USA, to cut taxes (for the rich, mostly), to bring in protectionist trade policies, to get rid of almost all environmental protection regulation, bringing back for-profit prisons and more mandatory minimum sentencing. And of course it seems you believed him when he said he was not going to cut medicaid and medicare... which he is currently in the process of doing, as predicted.

And it is not like any of this was a secret. This is what it said on the tin when you bought it, darling!

But hey - due diligence right? He promised a vaccine safety commission, and that is a dealbreaker for you.

BTW that is not what dealbreaker means.
I didn't like the stance that Hillary had on vaccines. I am a democrat but her lack of acknowledgement for the children who have been injured by vaccines was a deal breaker for me. She could not bite the hand that fed her, which means that she was bought by Big Pharma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus
But you are all about due diligence, so you were aware of all this. You just did not think it was more important than some vague promise of a vaccine committee!
Yes, I was banking on that. I hope he still comes through but he has a lot on his plate right now, don't ya think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus
So I guess that when they take your medicaid away or cut it in half, and when the ACA has been sabotaged out of existence whether a replacement gets through the house or not, when 24 million Americans lose their insurance and start dying from treatable diseases (or going bankrupt), when the USA takes their foot off the break where global warming is concerned, when it has been made easy to just rip out all natural resources without having to worry about what it does to the environment, while the rich and corporations have their taxes cut, you feel that is worth it.

Because maybe vaccines have unknown side effects!
I hope he doesn't hurt the elderly with any of his policies, and he keeps important parts of Obama Care intact like pre-existing conditions being insurable. If you had a pre-existing condition that needed coverage, you would probably have voted for Obama even if you were a Republican because that issue was close to your heart. I'm sure people who voted for Trump thinking he would help with the job situation didn't like all of his policies either but they chose him because they thought he was the better candidate based on their concerns. If he fails in his promise, that's another ballgame altogether. It's not anyone's fault for voting for him. The other competing issue that I'm very concerned about is the environment. It bothers me a lot that he would remove all the work Obama put in place regarding certain protections. As far as a wall is concerned and banning Muslims, I think his position is very extreme but I understand why he's doing it. Unfortunately, it is a form of profiling. I wish there was another way to protect American citizens from anyone (not just Muslims) who would come into this country and do harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus
Just out of curiosity: what does a complete failure to do due diligence look like, if this is not one?
Sorry, but this doesn't even come close. It's the importance of a particular issue that is of relevance here. Yes, it would be great if there was agreement on all issues across the board, but that's not usually the case.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 05-22-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7114  
Old 05-22-2017, 01:42 PM
Vivisectus's Avatar
Vivisectus Vivisectus is offline
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: VMMCCCXXXIV
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

So this:

Quote:
These plans include abolishing the ACA, spending billions on a wall along the Mexican border, banning Muslims from traveling to the USA, to cut taxes (for the rich, mostly), to bring in protectionist trade policies, to get rid of almost all environmental protection regulation, bringing back for-profit prisons and more mandatory minimum sentencing. And of course it seems you believed him when he said he was not going to cut medicaid and medicare... which he is currently in the process of doing, as predicted.
Is ok because

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
I didn't like the stance that Hillary had on vaccines.
Unbelievable. Need we say more?

Quote:
I hope he doesn't hurt the elderly with any of his policies, and he keeps important parts of Obama Care intact like pre-existing conditions being insurable.
Nope. Trumpcare 3.0 is about to be passed. And it doesn't. Hey did we mention that it slashes medicaid spending by 880 billion over the next decade? And that this version is likely to see even MORE people lose insurance than the previously forecasted 24 million?

Amazing how you do not even know what you voted for NOW. Let alone when it was time to look into this.

Quote:
If he fails in his promise, that's another ballgame altogether.
Again, nope. It was reported often and early that this would be what would happen. And now it has.

When you vote for someone, you do not just vote for what they promise: they could promise you a moon made out of cheese. You vote for someone whose plans you agree with, and whose ability to execute those plans you have confidence in.

Well, normal people do. You just vote for whomever agrees with your anti-vaxx bias and call that due diligence. And when inevitably the results are disastrous, you immediately deny any responsibility. Pathetic.

Quote:
It's not anyone's fault for voting for him.
Isn't it though? If I put a fox in charge of my henhouses, even though everyone points out to me that this is not good for my chickens, do I get to say "well the fox said he was a vegetarian, so this is not my fault!" afterwards?

Or is that not just not doing due diligence, but also lamely trying to dodge taking responsibility for my own mistakes?

Quote:
As far as a wall is concerned and banning Muslims, I think his position is very extreme but I understand why he's doing it. Unfortunately, it is a form of profiling. I wish there was another way to protect American citizens from anyone (not just Muslims) who would come into this country and do harm.
Woooooooooow - so you equate illegal immigrants with criminals and terrorists. And you are also happy to profile Muslims if it gives you a sense of security?

Nice.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), But (05-22-2017), ChuckF (05-23-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-23-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-22-2017), The Man (05-22-2017)
  #7115  
Old 05-22-2017, 05:28 PM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMCMXCV
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus
But you are all about due diligence, so you were aware of all this. You just did not think it was more important than some vague promise of a vaccine committee!
Yes, I was banking on that. I hope he still comes through but he has a lot on his plate right now, don't ya think?
:laugh:

He said that shit to get the votes of stupid people such as yourself. :yup: Check out Article II of the U.S. Constitution and let us know which provision confers on POTUS the authority to make vaccine policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I hope he doesn't hurt the elderly with any of his policies, and he keeps important parts of Obama Care intact like pre-existing conditions being insurable.
And your hope amounts to nothing more than a mound of shit. :yup: As Vivisectus pointed out, the elderly and people with preexisting conditions are about to be boned on a rather grand scale. In addition, the uber rich will be getting a tax break that one might even call "juicy."

The tens of millions that will lose health insurance coverage?


:catlady:

Don't worry, though. I'm sure none of Big Daddy's initiatives will adversely affect you in any way. In fact, I suspect you'll love your new life as a convenience store clerk and/or Walmart greeter. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
The other competing issue that I'm very concerned about is the environment. It bothers me a lot that he would remove all the work Obama put in place regarding certain protections.
peacegirl, coal mine operators have a God-given property right to finish destroying West Virginia and eastern Kentucky to milk every last penny from that dying industry. Why do you hate freedom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
As far as a wall is concerned and banning Muslims, I think his position is very extreme but I understand why he's doing it. Unfortunately, it is a form of profiling. I wish there was another way to protect American citizens from anyone (not just Muslims) who would come into this country and do harm.
Looks like we can add "racist shitball" to your list of charming qualities. Who cares how many brown people screwed, as long as lilywhite suburbanite peacegirl feels safe.
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), But (05-22-2017), The Man (05-22-2017), Vivisectus (05-23-2017)
  #7116  
Old 05-22-2017, 05:31 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXLIX
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Mimicking me will get you nowhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
:lol: peacegirl, why do you think I want to go anywhere? I have been pretty forthcoming:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Years ago, Isaac Asimov described why he refused to "debate" Creationists.
"Any good Creationist 'debater' can come up with more lies and bad logic in 5 minutes than even the most knowledgable scientist can refute in an hour. And if he is backed into a corner, the Creationist will immediately move the goalposts. Therefore, it is a waste of time to try to debate such a person, since he doesn't care whether or not what he's saying is true, but only that it serves his purposes."*
They at least try to understand the reasoning of the Creationist so they have something to refute. You are the epitome of the kind of person who is a waste of time to debate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
Attempting to "debate" peacegirl is exactly the same experience.
You are blind to your own failures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
*I don't have the exact quote at hand, so I'm going from memory.
If it isn't completely self-evident, this is the precise reason why it's so much fun for me to engage peacegirl in the person of the True Steward of the Authentic Text. After she makes it clear that she has no interest in facts or data or anything like that and seeks to limit the discourse to anything that confirms her pre-existing biases (maybe sweeping in a little Holocaust denial in the process), I figure, ok, let's leave facts behind; peacegirl doesn't care about them. But what does she claim care about? Her Corrupted Text, that's what.

And from there, I can simply take the peacegirl approach, and make up my own reality. Because it is all nonsense babble, there are no facts to constrain us. The goal is simply to out-peacegirl peacegirl on her own turf. And I have to admit: it is pretty fun.

Though, sometimes I worry that it might get kind of old, but then I remember that the handful of people who even pay attention to these threads are old pros who've been giving ye olde efferent vision the time of day for years now, so I hope it doesn't get too tiresome for you guys.
Not only do you not understand why he made the claim that the eyes don't function like the other four senses (you just jumped on the bandwagon without giving it a moment's thought), but you have no idea why man's will is not free nor do you care. You are as fake as they come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
peacegirl, have you ever noticed that you do all of your bitching about how I mimic you in one breath and then all of your bitching about the bad logic in my posts in the next breath? Do you think that's a coincidence?
Mimicking me fails not because my logic is bad but because your analogy using seatbelts is flawed. But, of course, you will not hear of it.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 05-22-2017 at 05:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7117  
Old 05-22-2017, 05:43 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXLIX
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Vaccine Injury Destroys Lives So Listen To Parents and Not Pediatricians - YouTube
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #7118  
Old 05-22-2017, 05:49 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXLIX
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Not only do you not understand why he made the claim that the eyes don't function like the other four senses (you just jumped on the bandwagon without giving it a moment's thought), but you have no idea why man's will is not free nor do you care.
peacegirl, you are getting very close to understanding that I do not give a fuck about your idiot father's nonsense babble.

It's almost close enough, almost bright enough, almost instantly at the brain.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-23-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-22-2017), The Man (05-22-2017), Vivisectus (05-23-2017)
  #7119  
Old 05-22-2017, 06:04 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXLIX
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
The tens of millions that will lose health insurance coverage?


:catlady:

Don't worry, though. I'm sure none of Big Daddy's initiatives will adversely affect you in any way. In fact, I suspect you'll love your new life as a convenience store clerk and/or Walmart greeter. :)
Trump budget to slash entitlements by $1.7 trillion - Axios

Quote:
Where the entitlement cuts are made: From programs including SNAP (food stamps), CHIP (Children's Health Insurance Program), and SSDI (Disability Insurance). The budget proposal will also assume that Trump can sign into law the American Health Care Act the Obamacare repeal and replace bill that passed the House and is now being considered by the Senate. That bill makes substantial cuts to Medicaid.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
But (05-22-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-23-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-22-2017), The Man (05-22-2017), Vivisectus (05-23-2017)
  #7120  
Old 05-22-2017, 06:31 PM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMCMXCV
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

For peacegirl, losing SSDI is a small price to pay for having a president that tweeted some dumbass nonsense about vaccines. :yup:
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), But (05-22-2017), ChuckF (05-22-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-23-2017), The Man (05-22-2017), Vivisectus (05-23-2017)
  #7121  
Old 05-22-2017, 08:50 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXLIX
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
So this:

Quote:
These plans include abolishing the ACA, spending billions on a wall along the Mexican border, banning Muslims from traveling to the USA, to cut taxes (for the rich, mostly), to bring in protectionist trade policies, to get rid of almost all environmental protection regulation, bringing back for-profit prisons and more mandatory minimum sentencing. And of course it seems you believed him when he said he was not going to cut medicaid and medicare... which he is currently in the process of doing, as predicted.
Is ok because

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
I didn't like the stance that Hillary had on vaccines.
Unbelievable. Need we say more?

Quote:
I hope he doesn't hurt the elderly with any of his policies, and he keeps important parts of Obama Care intact like pre-existing conditions being insurable.
Nope. Trumpcare 3.0 is about to be passed. And it doesn't. Hey did we mention that it slashes medicaid spending by 880 billion over the next decade? And that this version is likely to see even MORE people lose insurance than the previously forecasted 24 million?

Amazing how you do not even know what you voted for NOW. Let alone when it was time to look into this.

Quote:
If he fails in his promise, that's another ballgame altogether.
Again, nope. It was reported often and early that this would be what would happen. And now it has.

When you vote for someone, you do not just vote for what they promise: they could promise you a moon made out of cheese. You vote for someone whose plans you agree with, and whose ability to execute those plans you have confidence in.

Well, normal people do. You just vote for whomever agrees with your anti-vaxx bias and call that due diligence. And when inevitably the results are disastrous, you immediately deny any responsibility. Pathetic.

Quote:
It's not anyone's fault for voting for him.
Isn't it though? If I put a fox in charge of my henhouses, even though everyone points out to me that this is not good for my chickens, do I get to say "well the fox said he was a vegetarian, so this is not my fault!" afterwards?

Or is that not just not doing due diligence, but also lamely trying to dodge taking responsibility for my own mistakes?

Quote:
As far as a wall is concerned and banning Muslims, I think his position is very extreme but I understand why he's doing it. Unfortunately, it is a form of profiling. I wish there was another way to protect American citizens from anyone (not just Muslims) who would come into this country and do harm.
Woooooooooow - so you equate illegal immigrants with criminals and terrorists. And you are also happy to profile Muslims if it gives you a sense of security?

Nice.
I don't equate illegal immigrants with criminals and terrorists, but just to be on the safe side I would keep a lock on my door until I knew who was coming into my home. You obviously don't like Trump. I don't think many of his policies will last a decade if they are that bad for the middle class and only serve the rich. I hope, while he's in office, that he gets an objective panel together to determine if there is a link between certain vaccines, regressive autism, and other chronic conditions. It would put pressure on state governments to reinstate the philosophical and religious exemptions (not just medical exemptions) that were taken away, as well as allow unvaccinated children (or partially vaccinated children) to go to public school.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #7122  
Old 05-22-2017, 08:57 PM
Florence Jellem's Avatar
Florence Jellem Florence Jellem is offline
Mayor of Mayonnaise
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: CDXI
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I really do hope, while he's in office, he gets an objective panel to determine if there is a link between certain vaccines and regressive autism.
But, dear, isn't it more important that he convene a panel of top scientists (not political scientists) to assess the validity of your father's idiot nonsense babble? :confused:
__________________
:sammich: :sammich: :sammich:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-22-2017), The Man (05-22-2017)
  #7123  
Old 05-22-2017, 09:08 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXLIX
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
The tens of millions that will lose health insurance coverage?


:catlady:

Don't worry, though. I'm sure none of Big Daddy's initiatives will adversely affect you in any way. In fact, I suspect you'll love your new life as a convenience store clerk and/or Walmart greeter. :)
Trump budget to slash entitlements by $1.7 trillion - Axios

Quote:
Where the entitlement cuts are made: From programs including SNAP (food stamps), CHIP (Children's Health Insurance Program), and SSDI (Disability Insurance). The budget proposal will also assume that Trump can sign into law the American Health Care Act the Obamacare repeal and replace bill that passed the House and is now being considered by the Senate. That bill makes substantial cuts to Medicaid.
If he turns out to promote bad policies for people that are most vulnerable, he will not win the next presidential election. The democrats will win by a landslide. What you cannot do is tell me what issues are important and which ones aren't. They're all important, including the vaccine issue. It's ashame Hillary was bought by the pharmaceutical cartel. The science is not settled.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #7124  
Old 05-22-2017, 09:09 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXLIX
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence Jellem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I really do hope, while he's in office, he gets an objective panel to determine if there is a link between certain vaccines and regressive autism.
But, dear, isn't it more important that he convene a panel of top scientists (not political scientists) to assess the validity of your father's idiot nonsense babble? :confused:
Independent researchers. Do you know what that is David?
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #7125  
Old 05-22-2017, 09:09 PM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMCMXCV
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence Jellem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I really do hope, while he's in office, he gets an objective panel to determine if there is a link between certain vaccines and regressive autism.
But, dear, isn't it more important that he convene a panel of top scientists (not political scientists) to assess the validity of your father's idiot nonsense babble? :confused:
That's unlikely to happen absent a lawsuit. :sadcheer:
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), The Man (05-23-2017)
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.32969 seconds with 14 queries