Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 10-07-2004, 01:21 PM
Bad Wolf

Default Re: This is me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea
Well, as far as I'm concerned, it's relatively trivial to figure my name out by other means.
Not everyone has time to go to Colorado truck stops and read the graffiti in the restrooms.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Bad Wolf

The best anagram of my last name is "Eat gender". The best single-word anagram is "generated". I don't know why that generator thinks "et" and "ne" are words though.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:17 PM
dancing backward in high heels

Welcome eldar. :) Alas, I have no cool anagrams to share, but I do sympathize with the "kids and little time" thing. I take mine with me to the gym and do a quick workout; we then get to talk about their day on the way to/back from the gym, and my time is theirs from when we get home (or on days when I don't hit the gym, starting when I pick them up at the sitter) until they go to bed. But it's certainly still a daily challenge not to just nap on their playroom floor while they poke each other with sticks or something.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Tellifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu
nice intro eldar,

nice to see you here at ff
Thank you very much. And I do dig your avatar. The weird thing is I have this overwhelming urge to rub its bald head. That's about the closest I've come to having a homosexual tendency since my college days.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Tellifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenM
I hope you and your wife (?) are able to have time together without your daughter. I think that's important, when you have a young child/young children. Otherwise your relationship goes onto auto-pilot and that will contribute to a feeling of emptiness.
Auto-pilot is probably exactly how I would describe things right now. I'm glad that I've noticed the trend early on and am trying to figure a way out of it. Marriage + kids is tough. I owe my parents numerous apologies.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:11 PM
Tellifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland98
Welcome eldar. :) Alas, I have no cool anagrams to share, but I do sympathize with the "kids and little time" thing. I take mine with me to the gym and do a quick workout; we then get to talk about their day on the way to/back from the gym, and my time is theirs from when we get home (or on days when I don't hit the gym, starting when I pick them up at the sitter) until they go to bed. But it's certainly still a daily challenge not to just nap on their playroom floor while they poke each other with sticks or something.
Yeah, that's pretty much the way things are with me. I've got a hellacious commute and if I don't go to the gym, I get home by 7pm. By the time dinner's done, I have so little time to play with my daughter. I tend to keep her a bit past her bedtime, but I'm selfish that way. Once she's gone to bed, I have roughly 1-2 hours to clean up and watch a little television before I go to bed.

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium