#50951  
Old 04-21-2017, 11:00 PM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMDCCCXXVIII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
I reject your Corrupted Text. I interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime.
As should everyone. :yup:


__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-22-2017), ChuckF (04-21-2017), The Man (04-21-2017)
  #50952  
Old 04-26-2017, 08:30 PM
specious_reasons's Avatar
specious_reasons specious_reasons is offline
here to bore you with pictures
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: MMCLXXX
Images: 8
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Sometimes dogs can't recognize people by sight... Lessans is correct!

Dog doesn't recognize NC man who lost weight, but then freaks out when it realizes who he is | News & Observer

Quote:
When Sanford man Shane Godfrey came home after 5 weeks in the hospital, he was 50 pounds lighter and looked so different even his dog Willie didn't recognize him. That was until he got a whiff of his owner.
(It's quite a nice video.)
__________________
ta-
DAVE!!!
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-27-2017), But (04-26-2017), Stephen Maturin (04-27-2017), The Man (04-26-2017)
  #50953  
Old 04-30-2017, 06:50 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCCXXXIX
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Top Scientists (not political scientists) Prove that Einstein was Right as Authentic Text Stated, Reject Corrupted Text

Quote:
A recent experiment used four optical lattice clocks based on the ticking of thousands of strontium atoms which switch energy levels around 430 trillion times a second. These clocks are three times more accurate than caesium atom clocks. While two of them were located in the Paris Observatory, another was in Braunschweig, Germany, and the fourth was in Teddington, UK. Because of their positions globally, the three cities move at different speeds as the Earth spins which should mean that time flows differently for each too.

The team was able to detect which clocks were ticking at a different speed to the others by detecting any variations in their frequencies. Once they had these measurements the researchers were able to conclude that the Lorentz variation was still intact, proving Einstein right, once again.
No one said that Einstein was wrong about the ticking time clocks having a different speed to the others that were measured chuck. This is for another conversation that I'm not interested in getting into. This wasn't even what my father was referring to when he mentioned Einstein as being right. He clarified what he was referring to in his other books, but of course you are not the real steward so you wouldn't know.

Hoping that I could convince a member of the
clergy to hear what I had to say, I phoned a Catholic priest for an
appointment and our conversation went as follows:

“What do you want to see me about?”

“Father, when you utter the words of the Lord’s Prayer I take for
granted that you are sincere and would like to see us delivered from
evil, isn’t that true?”

“Certainly, what kind of question is that?”

“Well the reason I had to ask is because I have just made a
scientific discovery that will bring about the actual fulfillment of this
prayer, this deliverance from evil.”

“What’s that you say? Deliver mankind from evil? Absolutely
impossible, it cannot be done.”

“But how can you know without first finding out what it is I have
discovered? Isn’t this your fervent wish, that God perform such a
miracle?”

“It is.”

“Well then, why don’t you let me come out and show you exactly
how all evil must decline and fall as a direct consequence?”

“It’s impossible, that’s why I’m not interested. The only time such
a world will become a reality is on Judgment Day.”

“But that’s just the point; this Judgment Day when interpreted
properly has actually arrived because it conforms to the basic
principle.”

“This still doesn’t convince me that I should devote my precious
time to what sounds ridiculous.”

“Sounds can be deceiving, Father. Who believed the first
astronomer when he predicted an eclipse, or Einstein when he revealed
the potential of atomic energy?
If I told you without adequate proof
that this discovery will bring about the inception of the Golden Age
your skepticism would not be an unwarranted reaction, but the actual
proof is explicit and undeniable. It is only natural for you to be
skeptical, Father, but this is never a sufficient reason to exclude the
possibility of a scientific miracle.”

“I’m afraid that I will have to end this conversation. My advice is
to take what you have to one of the secular universities. I’m sorry I
couldn’t be more helpful but thanks for calling anyway.”

Later on, I tried to engage a pastor in a discussion about free will
and he responded to me by asking, “If man’s will is not free, then you
can’t blame or punish anything he does, is that correct?” And when
I answered, “Right,” he actually got up and walked out of the room.
You see, this learned ignorance presents quite a problem, and only by
getting the world to understand what it means that man’s will is not
free can I hope to break through this barrier. This law of our nature
is not a premise, not an assumption, not a theory, but when 98% of
the world believes otherwise, they might just close the windows of their
mind to any scientific investigation which requires rejecting a theory
that has dogmatically controlled man’s thinking since time
immemorial.

__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #50954  
Old 04-30-2017, 06:52 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCCXXXIX
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Let me repeat: He was not referring to relativity. He was referring to atomic energy which he quoted in his other books.
peacegirl, no one is interested in your Corruption! We reject your Corrupted Text because it is Corrupt. We interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime.
Then don't mind me. Go back to teaching your course (:giggle:) on my father's authentic text.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #50955  
Old 04-30-2017, 08:47 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCCXXXIX
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Thou shall not blame, peacegirl. Thou shall not blame.

You have no comprehension whatsoever. You're too busy trying to turn this important work into a spoof. I don't even know why I'm talking with you at all. It's a lost cause.

In reality we are all the result of forces completely beyond our
control. As we extend the corollary, Thou Shall Not Blame, we are
able to see for the very first time how it is now within our power to
prevent those things for which blame and punishment came into
existence. Although Spinoza did not understand the full significance
of this enigmatic corollary, he accepted it by rejecting the opposite
principle of an eye for an eye by refusing to defend himself against his
sister or blame her for cheating him out of his inheritance. Neither
he nor his sister had a free choice because the one was willing to cheat
to get what she wanted while he was willing to be cheated rather than
hold her responsible. Spinoza made matters worse for himself
financially, but at that moment of time he had no free choice because
it gave him greater satisfaction to let her cheat him out of what he was
entitled to by law. Both of them were moving in the direction of what
gave them satisfaction.

Spinoza’s sister had no understanding of this
knowledge nor did the world at that time, although Spinoza himself
knew that man’s will is not free. Consequently, he allowed others to
hurt him with a first blow by turning the other cheek. He was
excommunicated from the synagogue while being God-intoxicated,
which seems to be a contradiction. You would think that a person
would be thrown out for being an atheist but not for being a God-
intoxicated man. The fact that I know God is a reality doesn’t
intoxicate me. I know that the sun is also a reality but when the heat
gets unbearable, should I jump for joy? There is no comparison
between Spinoza and myself. He was a gentle man, I am not. He
refused to blame his sister for stealing what rightfully belonged to him
because he was confused and believed she couldn’t help herself. I, on
the other hand, would never advocate turning the other cheek when
someone can get the advantage by not turning it.

He excused her
conduct, but if someone tried to take what belonged to me I’d fight
him tooth and nail. Turning the other cheek under these conditions
could lead to further harm, which is why most people reject the pacifist
position. How is it humanly possible not to fight back when one is
being hurt first, which goes back to the justification of an eye for an
eye and a tooth for a tooth. I personally would get greater satisfaction
defending myself or retaliating against those people who would do, or
have done, things to hurt me and my family. I’m not a saint, but a
scientist of human conduct. Most of mankind is compelled, for
greater satisfaction, to move in this direction.

Therefore, it should be
clear that the corollary, Thou Shall Not Blame, does not mean that
you should suddenly stop blaming because you have discovered that
man’s will is not free. It only means at this point that we are going to
follow it, to extend it, to see exactly where it takes us, something that
investigators like Durant have never done because the implications
prevented them from opening the door beyond the vestibule.


The fact
that man’s will is not free only means that he is compelled to move in
the direction of greater satisfaction. If you sock me I might get
greater satisfaction in socking you back. However, once man
understands what it means that his will is not free, this desire to sock
me is prevented by your realization that I will never blame you for
hurting me. Until this knowledge is understood we will be compelled
to continue living in the world of free will, otherwise, we would only
make matters worse for ourselves.

To show you how confused is the understanding of someone who
doesn’t grasp these principles, a local columnist interested in my ideas,
so he called them, made the statement that I believe that man should
not be blamed for anything he does which is true only when man
knows what it means that his will is not free. If he doesn’t know, he
is compelled to blame by his very nature. Christ also received
incursions of thought from this same principle which compelled him
to turn the other cheek and remark as he was being nailed to the cross,
“They know not what they do,” forgiving his enemies even in the
moment of death. How was it possible for him to blame them when
he knew that they were not responsible? But they knew what they
were doing and he could not stop them even by turning the other
cheek. Religion was compelled to believe that God was not responsible
for the evil in the world, whereas Spinoza and Christ believed correctly
that there was no such thing as evil when seen in total perspective.

But how was it possible, except for people like Christ and Spinoza, to
forgive those who trespassed against them? And how was it possible
for those who became victims of this necessary evil to look at it in
total perspective? Is it any wonder man cried out to God for
understanding? The time has arrived to clear up all the confusion and
reconcile these two opposite principles, which requires that you keep
an open mind and proceed with the investigation. Let me show you
how this apparent impasse can be rephrased in terms of possibility.




__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #50956  
Old 04-30-2017, 08:51 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMCDLXVIII
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I don't even know why I'm talking with you at all.

-huge snippet of worthless Corrupted Text deleted because it is Corrupt and worthless-
That's ok, peacegirl. I know why you're talking with me - that is why I am so successful as the True Steward of the Authentic Text, after all. I could tell you if you really wanted to know. peacegirl, would you like to learn from me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text?
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2017), The Man (04-30-2017)
  #50957  
Old 04-30-2017, 08:52 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCCXXXIX
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I don't even know why I'm talking with you at all.

-huge snippet of worthless Corrupted Text deleted because it is Corrupt and worthless-
That's ok, peacegirl. I know why you're talking with me - that is why I am so successful as the True Steward of the Authentic Text, after all. I could tell you if you really wanted to know. peacegirl, would you like to learn from me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text?
The reader will decide. You are not their censor.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #50958  
Old 04-30-2017, 08:57 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMCDLXVIII
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
The reader will decide. You are not their censor.
It's true, peacegirl - the readers have decided.

And I am not their censor; I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text. I have not censored the Authentic Text, cutting away the delightful juicy cunts and glandular homosexuals - no, peacegirl, you did that. You are the censor. You literally censored the Author's own voice when you Corrupted the Tapes. You censored the Authentic Text in your uncountable Corruptions. Search your Corrupted Text for the reason that 98% of homo-sexual intercourse comes into existence! You will not find it, because you, peacegirl, censored it!

The reader rejects your censorship, peacegirl, and therefore must reject your Corrupted Text.

In rejecting your $41.00 Corrupted Text, we have returned to the text that you have not censored with your Corruptions - and that is the Authentic Text, as written by the Author and published in his lifetime. I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text.

And you know, peacegirl, I think it's really telling that you never actually engage with the substance of the Authentic Text. All you do is blamefully swat away the Authentic Text (because you cannot hawk it for lucre online) and attack me because I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2017), The Man (04-30-2017)
  #50959  
Old 04-30-2017, 09:04 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCCXXXIX
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
The reader will decide. You are not their censor.
It's true, peacegirl - the readers have decided.

And I am not their censor; I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text. I have not censored the Authentic Text, cutting away the delightful juicy cunts and glandular homosexuals - no, peacegirl, you did that. You are the censor. You literally censored the Author's own voice when you Corrupted the Tapes. You censored the Authentic Text in your uncountable Corruptions. Search your Corrupted Text for the reason that 98% of homo-sexual intercourse comes into existence! You will not find it, because you, peacegirl, censored it!

The reader rejects your censorship, peacegirl, and therefore must reject your Corrupted Text.
I took it out because it's unimportant and because people like you who will take this one sentence and run with it, just to get a reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
In rejecting your $41.00 Corrupted Text, we have returned to the text that you have not censored with your Corruptions - and that is the Authentic Text, as written by the Author and published in his lifetime. I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text.
I hope you keep giving my books out. You're doing me a big favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
And you know, peacegirl, I think it's really telling that you never actually engage with the substance of the Authentic Text. All you do is blamefully swat away the Authentic Text (because you cannot hawk it for lucre online) and attack me because I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text.
No chuck, you cannot censor what I post. The reader will decide. Ten people does not a majority vote make.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #50960  
Old 04-30-2017, 09:09 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMCDLXVIII
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
No chuck, you cannot censor what I post.
Oh goodness, peacegirl, why would I ever want to censor what you post? Your posts are the most important resource that I can mine for material. Literally, your posts enable everything, from knowing which buttons to press and keep pressing all the way to giving wonderful research hints to me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text.

And I would never want to censor what you or anyone else posts! Censorship is terrible - just look at your worthless Corrupted Text to see what horrible damage your censorship did to the Authentic Text!

Of course, peacegirl, you routinely fantasize about being a censor, don't you? :chin: Maybe that's why you so gleefully butchered the Authentic Text with your Corrupting censorship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I will discuss this book on my Facebook page under the heading Safeworld Publishing. This will give me the space to expound on the true significance of this work. Chuck will be banned if he dare tries to post.
I have been able to resist posting on your Facebook page. I think I am in rather extensive company in demonstrating such restraint, n'est-ce pas?
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #50961  
Old 04-30-2017, 09:13 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCCXXXIX
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
No chuck, you cannot censor what I post.
Oh goodness, peacegirl, why would I ever want to censor what you post? Your posts are the most important resource that I can mine for material. Literally, your posts enable everything, from knowing which buttons to press and keep pressing all the way to giving wonderful research hints to me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text.

And I would never want to censor what you or anyone else posts! Censorship is terrible - just look at your worthless Corrupted Text to see what horrible damage your censorship did to the Authentic Text!

Of course, peacegirl, you routinely fantasize about being a censor, don't you? :chin: Maybe that's why you so gleefully butchered the Authentic Text with your Corrupting censorship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I will discuss this book on my Facebook page under the heading Safeworld Publishing. This will give me the space to expound on the true significance of this work. Chuck will be banned if he dare tries to post.
I have been able to resist posting on your Facebook page. I think I am in rather extensive company in demonstrating such restraint, n'est-ce pas?
I'm not pursuring my facebook page. But if you did join, I would block you. You're the most insincere person I've ever met online other than Maturin.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #50962  
Old 04-30-2017, 09:16 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMCDLXVIII
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I'm not pursuring my facebook page. But if you did join, I would block you.
I know, peacegirl. You would censor me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, just the same way that you censor your own father, who cannot even defend himself. That is why it is so important for me to defend the Authentic Text against your destructive Corruptions.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #50963  
Old 04-30-2017, 09:43 PM
Florence Jellem's Avatar
Florence Jellem Florence Jellem is offline
Mayor of Mayonnaise
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: CCCXCIV
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I'm not pursuring my facebook page. But if you did join, I would block you. You're the most insincere person I've ever met online other than Maturin.
Maturin wins ... again! :trophy:
__________________
:sammich: :sammich: :sammich:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2017), ChuckF (04-30-2017), Pan Narrans (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #50964  
Old 04-30-2017, 09:44 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMCDLXVIII
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

:cryout: WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME??
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2017)
  #50965  
Old 04-30-2017, 09:49 PM
davidm's Avatar
davidm davidm is offline
Condemned to wander the corridors of a drivel maze
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: VMMMDCCLXXIII
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post

I'm not pursuring my facebook page. But if you did join, I would block you. You're the most insincere person I've ever met online other than Maturin.
What am I, chopped liver? :(
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2017), Pan Narrans (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #50966  
Old 04-30-2017, 10:25 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCCXXXIX
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I'm not pursuring my facebook page. But if you did join, I would block you.
I know, peacegirl. You would censor me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, just the same way that you censor your own father, who cannot even defend himself. That is why it is so important for me to defend the Authentic Text against your destructive Corruptions.
You, David, and Maturin are delusional. I must find another forum to bridge the gap that keeps bringing me back to this sick sick thread. And I will!
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #50967  
Old 04-30-2017, 10:26 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCCXXXIX
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
:cryout: WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME??
Nothing!
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #50968  
Old 04-30-2017, 10:28 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMCDLXVIII
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I must find another forum to bridge the gap that keeps bringing me back to this sick sick thread. And I will!
Oo, a new forum! I'm interested! I think I would also enjoy that. Let me know what you find - I'll come with you, peacegirl!
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #50969  
Old 04-30-2017, 11:08 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCCXXXIX
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I must find another forum to bridge the gap that keeps bringing me back to this sick sick thread. And I will!
Oo, a new forum! I'm interested! I think I would also enjoy that. Let me know what you find - I'll come with you, peacegirl!
Never in your wildest dreams would I have you as a member of a new forum when my goal is to get away from you and your delusions. Your pompous sarcasm ends here! :sadcheer:
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 04-30-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50970  
Old 04-30-2017, 11:24 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCCXXXIX
Default Re: A revolution in thought

dupe
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #50971  
Old 04-30-2017, 11:28 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMCDLXVIII
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I must find another forum to bridge the gap that keeps bringing me back to this sick sick thread. And I will!
Oo, a new forum! I'm interested! I think I would also enjoy that. Let me know what you find - I'll come with you, peacegirl!
Never in your wildest dreams would I have you as a member of a new forum when my goal is to get away from you and your delusions. Your pompous sarcasm ends here! :sadcheer:
But peacegirl, I could visit the new forum and give away free copies of your Corrupted Text through The Seymour Lessans Memorial Fund for Childhood Vaccinations! I could teach people about the Authentic Text and your Corruptions, and then the readers could decide for themselves! Wouldn't that be great?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
This Is An Urgent Message From A Visitor To Your Forum


Dear Friends of the Authentic Text Who Reject the Corrupted Text -

Some time ago, as I began my journey as the True Steward of the Authentic Text, I realized that in order to slay the dragon of the Corrupted Text, I needed to know the enemy: specifically, I needed access to the Corrupted Text. In short, in order to reject the Corrupted Text, I needed the Corrupted Text!

This posed something of a moral problem, because I obviously did not want to spend any money on a worthless Corrupted Text! In addition to being a waste of money (because the Corrupted Text has no value) I did not want to subsidize (any further than I already do as a taxpayer) the further Corruption of the Authentic Text.

Fortunately, I was able to use my knowledge of the law, and, using the system for my gain, I obtained multiple copies of the Corrupted Text for use in restoring the orthodoxy of the Authentic Text.



That was some time ago, and now, having the Authentic Text in hand, I, as the True Steward of the Authentic Text, no longer have any need of these copies of the Corrupted Text!

And so, dear friends, I am passing these copies of the Corrupted Text on to those who sincerely reject the Corrupted Text and interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime. I feel that these really demonstrate just how Corrupt and debased the Corrupted Text is! And I will pass these on for free to any party who rejects the Corrupted Text!

That means completely free; I will even ship them to you! Just PM me!

It's not $4.99 for some eBook, and it's certainly not a ludicrous $41.00! Don't bother trying to get the Corrupted Text from peacegirl, even where she promises to cut out the middleman. I will give it to you for free.

This is also a harm reduction mechanism. I think that giving free copies of the Corrupted Text away to those who reject the Corrupted Text will ensure that they do not have to seek the Corrupted Text from peacegirl, and thereby enable her further Corruptions.

But friends, there is more.

In this post, I am very happy to announce the creation of The Seymour Lessans Memorial Fund for Childhood Vaccinations. For each copy of the Corrupted Text that I, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, give away to an individual who sincerely rejects the Corrupted Text and interprets the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime, I will donate $41.00 in memory of Seymour Lessans to UNICEF's Immunization Programs to help vaccinate every single child against preventable childhood diseases.

That means that if you get your copy of the Corrupted Text from me for free (instead of from peacegirl for $41.00!!), I will donate $41.00 in memory of Seymour Lessans to help every single child be vaccinated against preventable childhood diseases.

I also welcome donations to the fund! I will pass along 100% of funds received to UNICEF, in memory of Seymour Lessans!

If you are interested in obtaining a free copy of the Corrupted Text to support the vaccination of children, or if you would like to donate to The Seymour Lessans Memorial Fund for Childhood Vaccinations, just PM me!

ETA: I am also happy to sign your free copy -from ChuckF, the True Steward of the Authentic Text!
Or is it more important to you to hawk it for lucre online at $41.00 a pop?

Anyway, I was kind of hoping you were going to go to an already-established forum where I could join you.

If you're talking about starting a new forum yourself, then I'll pass, since nobody will join because you have zero technical skills and refuse to do any work. Seriously, you can't even commit to a Facebook page and literally pay a service to spam your Twitter feed. So good luck with all of that.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2017), But (05-02-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #50972  
Old 04-30-2017, 11:54 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCCXXXIX
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I must find another forum to bridge the gap that keeps bringing me back to this sick sick thread. And I will!
Oo, a new forum! I'm interested! I think I would also enjoy that. Let me know what you find - I'll come with you, peacegirl!
Never in your wildest dreams would I have you as a member of a new forum when my goal is to get away from you and your delusions. Your pompous sarcasm ends here! :sadcheer:
But peacegirl, I could visit the new forum and give away free copies of your Corrupted Text through The Seymour Lessans Memorial Fund for Childhood Vaccinations! I could teach people about the Authentic Text and your Corruptions, and then the readers could decide for themselves! Wouldn't that be great?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
This Is An Urgent Message From A Visitor To Your Forum


Dear Friends of the Authentic Text Who Reject the Corrupted Text -

Some time ago, as I began my journey as the True Steward of the Authentic Text, I realized that in order to slay the dragon of the Corrupted Text, I needed to know the enemy: specifically, I needed access to the Corrupted Text. In short, in order to reject the Corrupted Text, I needed the Corrupted Text!

This posed something of a moral problem, because I obviously did not want to spend any money on a worthless Corrupted Text! In addition to being a waste of money (because the Corrupted Text has no value) I did not want to subsidize (any further than I already do as a taxpayer) the further Corruption of the Authentic Text.

Fortunately, I was able to use my knowledge of the law, and, using the system for my gain, I obtained multiple copies of the Corrupted Text for use in restoring the orthodoxy of the Authentic Text.



That was some time ago, and now, having the Authentic Text in hand, I, as the True Steward of the Authentic Text, no longer have any need of these copies of the Corrupted Text!

And so, dear friends, I am passing these copies of the Corrupted Text on to those who sincerely reject the Corrupted Text and interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime. I feel that these really demonstrate just how Corrupt and debased the Corrupted Text is! And I will pass these on for free to any party who rejects the Corrupted Text!

That means completely free; I will even ship them to you! Just PM me!

It's not $4.99 for some eBook, and it's certainly not a ludicrous $41.00! Don't bother trying to get the Corrupted Text from peacegirl, even where she promises to cut out the middleman. I will give it to you for free.

This is also a harm reduction mechanism. I think that giving free copies of the Corrupted Text away to those who reject the Corrupted Text will ensure that they do not have to seek the Corrupted Text from peacegirl, and thereby enable her further Corruptions.

But friends, there is more.

In this post, I am very happy to announce the creation of The Seymour Lessans Memorial Fund for Childhood Vaccinations. For each copy of the Corrupted Text that I, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, give away to an individual who sincerely rejects the Corrupted Text and interprets the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime, I will donate $41.00 in memory of Seymour Lessans to UNICEF's Immunization Programs to help vaccinate every single child against preventable childhood diseases.

That means that if you get your copy of the Corrupted Text from me for free (instead of from peacegirl for $41.00!!), I will donate $41.00 in memory of Seymour Lessans to help every single child be vaccinated against preventable childhood diseases.

I also welcome donations to the fund! I will pass along 100% of funds received to UNICEF, in memory of Seymour Lessans!

If you are interested in obtaining a free copy of the Corrupted Text to support the vaccination of children, or if you would like to donate to The Seymour Lessans Memorial Fund for Childhood Vaccinations, just PM me!

ETA: I am also happy to sign your free copy -from ChuckF, the True Steward of the Authentic Text!
Or is it more important to you to hawk it for lucre online at $41.00 a pop?

Anyway, I was kind of hoping you were going to go to an already-established forum where I could join you.
You're more nuts than I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
If you're talking about starting a new forum yourself, then I'll pass, since nobody will join because you have zero technical skills and refuse to do any work. Seriously, you can't even commit to a Facebook page and literally pay a service to spam your Twitter feed. So good luck with all of that.
Thank you. As long as I am in a moderated forum, you will be banned. You won't win Chuck because this is a genuine discovery and all of the distortions and fabrications that you thought would ruin me will only serve to make me stronger and more determined than ever to bring this knowledge to light. God works in mysterious ways! :yup:
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #50973  
Old 05-01-2017, 12:04 AM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMCDLXVIII
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Thank you.
You are welcome!
Quote:
As long as I am in a moderated forum, you will be banned.
I doubt that, peacegirl. All I have ever done is be the True Steward of the Authentic Text - I am compelled of my own free will so to be! The fact that you want to see the Authentic Text banned is a hurt to the Authentic Text, but I do not blame you for it allow for the source. But hey, if you think I'll be banned at a moderated forum - let's find out!
Quote:
You won't win Chuck because this is a genuine discovery and all of the distortions and fabrications that you thought would ruin me will only serve to make me stronger and more determined than ever to bring this knowledge to light. God works in mysterious ways! :yup:
Ruin you? peacegirl, you must get over yourself. And after all, peacegirl...what is there to ruin? You have ruined your Corrupted Text yourself, through Corruption. You aren't selling any copies of your Corrupted Text; the same $41.00 copy has been for sale on Amazon.com for months now. What is there to ruin?

peacegirl, I have no interest in ruining you. My interest is in saving the Authentic Text from the cancer of Corruption that you have inflicted upon it for all these years.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #50974  
Old 05-01-2017, 12:09 AM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCCXXXIX
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Thank you.
You are welcome!
Quote:
As long as I am in a moderated forum, you will be banned.
I doubt that, peacegirl. All I have ever done is be the True Steward of the Authentic Text - I am compelled of my own free will so to be! The fact that you want to see the Authentic Text banned is a hurt to the Authentic Text, but I do not blame you for it allow for the source. But hey, if you think I'll be banned at a moderated forum - let's find out!
Quote:
You won't win Chuck because this is a genuine discovery and all of the distortions and fabrications that you thought would ruin me will only serve to make me stronger and more determined than ever to bring this knowledge to light. God works in mysterious ways! :yup:
Ruin you? peacegirl, you must get over yourself. And after all, peacegirl...what is there to ruin? You have ruined your Corrupted Text yourself, through Corruption. You aren't selling any copies of your Corrupted Text; the same $41.00 copy has been for sale on Amazon.com for months now. What is there to ruin?

peacegirl, I have no interest in ruining you. My interest is in saving the Authentic Text from the cancer of Corruption that you have inflicted upon it for all these years.
You could teach bullshit 101. That's why I must find a new forum. I can no longer deal with the likes of you and your delusions. There is nothing to protect me which is a big flaw in unmoderated forums. Yes, there is some good to be able to speak your mind, but it becomes problematic when a thread is filled with insults and vitriol! It has ruined any chances of a fair and balanced discussion! :sad:
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #50975  
Old 05-01-2017, 12:14 AM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMCDLXVIII
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
You could teach bullshit 101. That's why I must find a new forum. I can no longer deal with the likes of you and your delusions with nothing to stop you!
Ciao, peacegirl :wave: See you at the next forum.

In the meantime, those seeking to learn the lessons of the Authentic Text from me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text and heir to the intellectual legacy of Seymour Lessans, are welcome here!
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (0 members and 6 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 1.30562 seconds with 14 queries