Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1251  
Old 09-10-2015, 02:18 PM
LadyShea's Avatar
LadyShea LadyShea is offline
I said it, so I feel it, dick
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Here
Posts: XXXMDCCCXCVII
Images: 41
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Here is why I use training and experience, rather than credentials. How else can we ascertain if someone is likely to know what they are talking about/doing or are talking out of their ass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Tell me: if credentials are so unimportant, would you trust your butcher to perform brain surgery on you? I mean, how can you tell if he is not super-talented in brain surgery? And hey, just because he never went to medical school does not mean he cannot be a top-notch brain surgeon?
If he wan't trained, of course not, but if he was trained, the damn credentials mean nothing. I want someone who is experienced (key word) regardless of the damn credentials which can be misleading.
...but that is what credentials are, you goose. Evidence of completed training, which in turn allows you to reasonably expect a certain level of competence.
Exactly! peacegirl, credentials are nothing more than evidence of training or experience. What is wrong with you?
That is true, but most people look at someone's formal credentials, like Ph.D, doctor, or some other title next to their name. You know that what I'm saying is true so why are you fighting me?
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
The Man (09-10-2015)
  #1252  
Old 09-10-2015, 02:26 PM
LadyShea's Avatar
LadyShea LadyShea is offline
I said it, so I feel it, dick
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Here
Posts: XXXMDCCCXCVII
Images: 41
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Why do you keep baiting me on the book burning thing? I dropped it as off topic for this thread and you keep bringing it back up. My opinion of that act hasnt changed. Do you want to discuss it some more?
That's exactly why I am bringing it up. You used it in an effort to make him look like a loon. That is your MO, and it has backfired. When he is honored for his discoveries, what will you say then? I can imagine him being on stage getting a Nobel Peace Prize for helping to better our world, and you saying "well, his discovery can't be that great because he burned his first set of books." :roflmao:
I very clearly stated that I find the act you have described multiple times, and keep bringing up, histrionic. I have stated that this is my opinion.

Your visions of Nobel Prizes and vindication are also histrionic...in my opinion.
At this point I don't care what you think. I knew him. You didn't. He was not an irrational man just because he was very dissatisfied with his first attempt to put his words into writing. He had reasons for why he burned his first set of pamphlets. This just shows me that your judgement of people can be way off. You are no better than someone who is trying to find "dirt" on someone in order to cast doubt that this person has anything noteworthy to say. You're a terrible investigator. My vision that one day Lessans will one day be known for his discovery is going to come true whether I'm still alive or not, so it matters not what your opinion is.
Why do you keep bringing it up to me trying to reopen the discussion of my opinion then, if it doesn't matter and you don't care?
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (09-10-2015), The Man (09-10-2015)
  #1253  
Old 09-10-2015, 02:30 PM
LadyShea's Avatar
LadyShea LadyShea is offline
I said it, so I feel it, dick
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Here
Posts: XXXMDCCCXCVII
Images: 41
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
29 HOLISTIC DOCTORS/PRACTITIONERS FOUND POISONED, SOME NEARLY DEAD. ANOTHER ATTACK ON ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE?
So you are posting that article because you believe that there is a conspiracy to kill alternative medicine doctors?
They don't know. Many holistic doctors have suddenly died within a short period of time that were believed to be homicides. Maybe they are just paranoid, which is understandable given the circumstances.
We posted an analysis of that for you. Some of them weren't even alt med practitioners and none of their deaths were related in any way.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
But (09-10-2015), chunksmediocrites (09-10-2015), The Man (09-10-2015)
  #1254  
Old 09-10-2015, 03:54 PM
chunksmediocrites's Avatar
chunksmediocrites chunksmediocrites is offline
ne plus ultraviolet
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portland Oregon USA
Gender: Male
Posts: MVCMXLVII
Images: 294
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
29 HOLISTIC DOCTORS/PRACTITIONERS FOUND POISONED, SOME NEARLY DEAD. ANOTHER ATTACK ON ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE?
So you are posting that article because you believe that there is a conspiracy to kill alternative medicine doctors?
They don't know. Many holistic doctors have suddenly died within a short period of time that were believed to be homicides. Maybe they are just paranoid, which is understandable given the circumstances.
You posted the article without comment. The article repeatedly insinuates that this is a conspiracy to kill alternative medicine doctors.
You posted this article without doing any due diligence.
And then you switch to "They don't know, maybe they are paranoid..."
:you:
__________________
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
The Man (09-10-2015)
  #1255  
Old 09-10-2015, 03:58 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCLXII
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Why do you keep baiting me on the book burning thing? I dropped it as off topic for this thread and you keep bringing it back up. My opinion of that act hasnt changed. Do you want to discuss it some more?
That's exactly why I am bringing it up. You used it in an effort to make him look like a loon. That is your MO, and it has backfired. When he is honored for his discoveries, what will you say then? I can imagine him being on stage getting a Nobel Peace Prize for helping to better our world, and you saying "well, his discovery can't be that great because he burned his first set of books." :roflmao:
I very clearly stated that I find the act you have described multiple times, and keep bringing up, histrionic. I have stated that this is my opinion.

Your visions of Nobel Prizes and vindication are also histrionic...in my opinion.
At this point I don't care what you think. I knew him. You didn't. He was not an irrational man just because he was very dissatisfied with his first attempt to put his words into writing. He had reasons for why he burned his first set of pamphlets. This just shows me that your judgement of people can be way off. You are no better than someone who is trying to find "dirt" on someone in order to cast doubt that this person has anything noteworthy to say. You're a terrible investigator. My vision that one day Lessans will one day be known for his discovery is going to come true whether I'm still alive or not, so it matters not what your opinion is.
Why do you keep bringing it up to me trying to reopen the discussion of my opinion then, if it doesn't matter and you don't care?
Why? Because you came to a false conclusion that my father was irrational just because you couldn't see his reasoning. Who are you to judge? You weren't in his shoes so you have no idea why he chose to burn his books rather than carry heavy boxes to the curb to be thrown out. You did this to cast doubt on his abilities. I know how you work. You all use the same tactics. This is a poor way to do an investigation. Once you find something you don't like about someone (they believe in homeopathy, for example) that's the end of it. You now can ignore anything else they have to say even if what they are saying regarding vaccines has possible merit. I do agree that if someone is talking gibberish, or if they believe something obviously outlandish, that would make one question whether they were mentally incapacitated in some way. But you cannot say that about every researcher, pediatrician, neurologist, virologist, immunologist, toxicologist that are having second thoughts about the safety of vaccines. And you cannot question the likes of Mike Adams and Dr. Mercola on the grounds that they are loony even if they have some far out ideas that don't appear to match reality. It seems to be the case that the same people who are open minded enough to become naturopaths, osteopaths, chiropractors, etc. are the same group that may open their minds to other things that are not evidenced by science. Granted, they may be right about some things and wrong about others, but to throw the baby out with the bathwater is premature and not the way a good investigator goes about doing his job of investigating.
__________________
If there are risks, there must be options.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 09-11-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1256  
Old 09-10-2015, 04:14 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCLXII
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
29 HOLISTIC DOCTORS/PRACTITIONERS FOUND POISONED, SOME NEARLY DEAD. ANOTHER ATTACK ON ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE?
So you are posting that article because you believe that there is a conspiracy to kill alternative medicine doctors?
They don't know. Many holistic doctors have suddenly died within a short period of time that were believed to be homicides. Maybe they are just paranoid, which is understandable given the circumstances.
You posted the article without comment. The article repeatedly insinuates that this is a conspiracy to kill alternative medicine doctors.
You posted this article without doing any due diligence.
And then you switch to "They don't know, maybe they are paranoid..."
:you:
I posted this only because I read about the other deaths that were listed as possible homicides. For a second, it made me wonder if there could be a connection between those doctors and what happened at the conference. After all, a conference would certainly be a good place to get rid of a lot of doctors all at once. It's true that people are becoming paranoid, and for good reason. If I was an alternative doctor, I would be paranoid especially if I was anti-vaccine. I didn't do my due diligence because the event just happened. It was just an article chucksmediocrites that caught my eye because of the other deaths. Stop making a mountain out of a molehill.

8 Doctors Now Dead (Holistic & Alternative) Authorities Point To Murder & Suicide, But Why? | Collective-Evolution
__________________
If there are risks, there must be options.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 09-10-2015 at 04:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1257  
Old 09-10-2015, 04:34 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCLXII
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Here is why I use training and experience, rather than credentials. How else can we ascertain if someone is likely to know what they are talking about/doing or are talking out of their ass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Tell me: if credentials are so unimportant, would you trust your butcher to perform brain surgery on you? I mean, how can you tell if he is not super-talented in brain surgery? And hey, just because he never went to medical school does not mean he cannot be a top-notch brain surgeon?
If he wan't trained, of course not, but if he was trained, the damn credentials mean nothing. I want someone who is experienced (key word) regardless of the damn credentials which can be misleading.
...but that is what credentials are, you goose. Evidence of completed training, which in turn allows you to reasonably expect a certain level of competence.
Exactly! peacegirl, credentials are nothing more than evidence of training or experience. What is wrong with you?
That is true, but most people look at someone's formal credentials, like Ph.D, doctor, or some other title next to their name. You know that what I'm saying is true so why are you fighting me?
My father was not a credentialed individual, but he knew more about the subject he wrote about than most Ph.Ds. You cannot always go by the simple act of checking someone's formal education to know whether they have experience in a particular area. You have to dig deeper before throwing a person away as being a nobody. I have learned this the hard way based on what my father went through. It has been demonstrated that it's not always the individuals who go to college who make big contributions.

The College Drop-Outs Hall of Fame: Famous college dropouts, successful college dropouts, and rich college dropouts
__________________
If there are risks, there must be options.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #1258  
Old 09-10-2015, 04:54 PM
chunksmediocrites's Avatar
chunksmediocrites chunksmediocrites is offline
ne plus ultraviolet
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portland Oregon USA
Gender: Male
Posts: MVCMXLVII
Images: 294
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Once you find something you don't like about someone (they believe in homeopathy, for example) that's the end of it. You now can ignore anything else they have to say even if what they are saying regarding vaccines has possible merit.
Name any anti-vaxxers you mentioned this thread whose claims haven't been debunked in addition to pointing out that they are irrational people who believe things that are not real.

And try not doing the opposite of your accusation: where all you need to know is that someone is antivax and that's good enough for you, and now you can ignore or continually minimize all their flawed research and bizarre conclusions. All while preaching due diligence, of course...
__________________
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-15-2015), But (09-10-2015), Dragar (09-10-2015), The Man (09-10-2015)
  #1259  
Old 09-10-2015, 05:52 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCLXII
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Once you find something you don't like about someone (they believe in homeopathy, for example) that's the end of it. You now can ignore anything else they have to say even if what they are saying regarding vaccines has possible merit.
Name any anti-vaxxers you mentioned this thread whose claims haven't been debunked in addition to pointing out that they are irrational people who believe things that are not real.

And try not doing the opposite of your accusation: where all you need to know is that someone is antivax and that's good enough for you, and now you can ignore or continually minimize all their flawed research and bizarre conclusions. All while preaching due diligence, of course...
Sherri Tempenny and Suzanne Humphries are not loons, even if some of the statements they have made have not been verified. I told people from the very beginning that I would rather err on the side of caution by not getting my children vaccinated with 49 doses before the age of 6 because there are too many unknowns as to why many of our children are chronically ill or have had adverse reactions right after the shot including seizures, fever, and changes in bowel function. My child is not a guinea pig. You may think the studies have been done, and that's your choice, but I believe otherwise, and that's my choice. Until it has been proven that no harm can come to my child from vaccines, it is not the government's place to mandate that I take this risk however remote they believe the risk is.
__________________
If there are risks, there must be options.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 09-11-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1260  
Old 09-10-2015, 06:39 PM
godfry n. glad's Avatar
godfry n. glad godfry n. glad is offline
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Puddle City, Cascadia
Gender: Male
Posts: XXMMDCLXXVIII
Images: 12
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
And try not doing the opposite of your accusation: where all you need to know is that someone is antivax and that's good enough for you, and now you can ignore or continually minimize all their flawed research and bizarre conclusions. All while preaching due diligence, of course...
Probably in the same manner you continually minimize all the flawed research and bizarre conclusions of PhRMA; you swallow it all because you want to believe. All while preaching about the sanctity of scientific research...it's fucking laughable.

FFS, there is an entire literary genre out there about how PhRMA is fleecing the public, perverting scientific protocols, and corrupting the governance of the country...and you're harrassing some poor, misguided individual who'd like to change that. I happen to think your priorities of misplaced.
__________________
Free Cascadia!
...........................
..:chicken:.....:redchicken:.....:blackhen:.....:blackhen:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
peacegirl (09-11-2015)
  #1261  
Old 09-10-2015, 06:51 PM
LadyShea's Avatar
LadyShea LadyShea is offline
I said it, so I feel it, dick
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Here
Posts: XXXMDCCCXCVII
Images: 41
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Tenpenny demonstrably sucks at statistical analysis and Humphries doesnt even know the correct definition of immunology aside from her points being soundly refuted.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (09-10-2015), Stephen Maturin (09-11-2015), The Man (09-10-2015)
  #1262  
Old 09-10-2015, 06:54 PM
LadyShea's Avatar
LadyShea LadyShea is offline
I said it, so I feel it, dick
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Here
Posts: XXXMDCCCXCVII
Images: 41
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Why do you keep baiting me on the book burning thing? I dropped it as off topic for this thread and you keep bringing it back up. My opinion of that act hasnt changed. Do you want to discuss it some more?
That's exactly why I am bringing it up. You used it in an effort to make him look like a loon. That is your MO, and it has backfired. When he is honored for his discoveries, what will you say then? I can imagine him being on stage getting a Nobel Peace Prize for helping to better our world, and you saying "well, his discovery can't be that great because he burned his first set of books." :roflmao:
I very clearly stated that I find the act you have described multiple times, and keep bringing up, histrionic. I have stated that this is my opinion.

Your visions of Nobel Prizes and vindication are also histrionic...in my opinion.
At this point I don't care what you think. I knew him. You didn't. He was not an irrational man just because he was very dissatisfied with his first attempt to put his words into writing. He had reasons for why he burned his first set of pamphlets. This just shows me that your judgement of people can be way off. You are no better than someone who is trying to find "dirt" on someone in order to cast doubt that this person has anything noteworthy to say. You're a terrible investigator. My vision that one day Lessans will one day be known for his discovery is going to come true whether I'm still alive or not, so it matters not what your opinion is.
Why do you keep bringing it up to me trying to reopen the discussion of my opinion then, if it doesn't matter and you don't care?
Why? Because you came to a false conclusion that my father was irrational just because you couldn't see his reasoning. Who are you to be the judge? You weren't in his shoes so you have no idea why he chose to burn his books rather than carry heavy boxes to the curb to be thrown out. You did this to cast doubt on his abilities. I know how you work. You all use the same tactics. This is a poor way to do an investigation. Once you find something you don't like about someone (they believe in homeopathy, for example) that's the end of it. You now can ignore anything else they have to say even if what they are saying regarding vaccines has possible merit. I do agree that if someone is talking gibberish, or if they believe something obviously outlandish, that would make one question whether they were mentally incapacitated in some way. But you cannot say that about every researcher, pediatrician, neurologist, virologist, immunologist, toxicologist that are having second thoughts about the safety of vaccines. And you cannot question the likes of Mike Adams and Dr. Mercola on the grounds that they are loony even if they have some far out ideas that don't appear to match reality. It seems to be the case that the same people who are open minded enough to become naturopaths, osteopaths, chiropractors, etc. are the same group that may open their minds to other things that are not evidenced by science. Granted, they may be right about some things and wrong about others, but to throw the baby out with the bathwater is premature and not the way a good investigator goes about doing his job of investigating.
So what? My opinion means nothing and you dont care about it, right?
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (09-11-2015), The Man (09-10-2015)
  #1263  
Old 09-10-2015, 08:06 PM
chunksmediocrites's Avatar
chunksmediocrites chunksmediocrites is offline
ne plus ultraviolet
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portland Oregon USA
Gender: Male
Posts: MVCMXLVII
Images: 294
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Once you find something you don't like about someone (they believe in homeopathy, for example) that's the end of it. You now can ignore anything else they have to say even if what they are saying regarding vaccines has possible merit.
Name any anti-vaxxers you mentioned this thread whose claims haven't been debunked in addition to pointing out that they are irrational people who believe things that are not real.

And try not doing the opposite of your accusation: where all you need to know is that someone is antivax and that's good enough for you, and now you can ignore or continually minimize all their flawed research and bizarre conclusions. All while preaching due diligence, of course...
Sherri Tempenny [sic] and Suzanne Humphries are not loons, even if some of the statements they have made have not been verified. I told people from the very beginning that I would rather err on the side of caution by not getting my children vaccinated with 49 doses before the age of 6 because there are too many unknowns as to why many of our children are chronically ill or have had adverse reactions right after the shot including seizures, fever, and changes in bowel function. My child is not a guinea pig. You may think the studies have been done, and that's your choice, but I believe otherwise, and that's my choice. Until it has been proven that no harm can come to my child from vaccines, it is not the government's place to mandate that I take this risk however remote they believe the risk is.
Sherri Tenpenny said the following on Dec 28, 2009:
Quote:
Study these numbers. We've had SARS, Bird flu and Swine flu. On average, approx. 190 children/year die from the flu. Considering there are about 62M kids under the 14 years of age in the US, this is NOT "statistically signficant" and should not even make the radar screen. See how they manipulate parents into vaccinations?
1. Dr. Tenpenny's estimates of the number of US flu deaths are wildly inaccurate.

The image below is from the table here, found in this study:
Estimating the burden of 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) in the United States (April 2009-April 2010).


Her estimate of 190 is not even close; so she appears to have inaccurate information.

2. To say that the deaths of hundreds of children each year in the US from influenza is not statistically significant is bizarre, considering that she is so concerned about rare severe reactions to vaccination that possibly occur 1 in every 100,000; or with many vaccines less than 1 in a million vaccinations. The rate of adverse influenza vaccine reactions resulting in death is massively lower than the death rate from the influenza virus.

3. If anti-vax activists are going to argue that very low risk factors equals vaccines are unsafe and children are not just numbers, then they cannot simultaneously argue that hundreds of child deaths that could have been reduced significantly through influenza vaccination is "statistically insignificant."

Dr. Tenpenny denies germ theory:
Quote:
One of the chiasms[sic] between conventional medical doctors and those who embrace alternative practices is the view of how the Germ Theory of Disease (credited to Louis Pasteur) impacts health. Many assume a discussion about the Germ Theory is a moot point. Questioning its validity elicits divisiveness and hostility among medical practitioners and laypersons alike.
...>snip<...
As contrary as it seems, germs are attracted to the diseased tissues; they are not the primary cause of it.
Germ theory is well established, and more importantly scientifically replicable. Dr. Tenpenny's theories cannot be demonstrated scientifically, nor replicated. And for you to argue that disease incidence decreased through improved sanitation would be arguing that germ theory is so far the most accurate description of disease pathogens.

Sherri Tenpenny's facts are inaccurate and grasp of basic medical theory deeply flawed and without scientific basis.

From her Whale.to page:



Dr. Tenpenny is an osteopath. She has no formal training in epidemiology, virology, immunology, or any other field where one would be considered to to have extensive knowledge on the "impact of vaccines on health."

Do I really need to cover Humphries again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
My child is not a guinea pig. You may think the studies have been done, and that's your choice, but I believe otherwise, and that's my choice. Until it has been proven that no harm can come to my child from vaccines, it is not the government's place to mandate that I take this risk however remote they believe the risk is.
1. All of your offspring are adults. What child do you speak of here?
2. It is not that I think studies have been conducted- they have been conducted whether I think it or not.
3. You believe things not supported by credible evidence, and that is your choice- your irrational, juvenile choice.
4. It has never been the aim to "prove" no harm can come from medical procedures- potential risk exists in nearly all medical procedures, and will, always. It is a matter of calculating the risk of the procedure vs. the risks of not doing so; and almost every statistical study today shows higher risks and mortality rates among unvaccinated. It's not debated among credible scientists. And to suggest that "proof of no possible harm" is the standard is ludicrous.
5. The government does not require you to vaccinate your (now long time adult) children, nor anyone to vaccinate their children. The child in some places will have to be vaccinated to go to public school. No one will make that child do either. Get a grip.
__________________

Last edited by chunksmediocrites; 09-10-2015 at 08:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-15-2015), But (09-10-2015), Crumb (09-10-2015), LadyShea (09-10-2015), Stephen Maturin (09-11-2015), The Man (09-10-2015)
  #1264  
Old 09-10-2015, 08:12 PM
But's Avatar
But But is offline
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: MMMCMLXXXII
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
My father was not a credentialed individual, but he knew more about the subject he wrote about than most Ph.Ds.
:lol:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Dragar (09-10-2015), LadyShea (09-10-2015), Pan Narrans (09-10-2015), Stephen Maturin (09-11-2015), The Man (09-10-2015)
  #1265  
Old 09-10-2015, 08:14 PM
But's Avatar
But But is offline
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: MMMCMLXXXII
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfry n. glad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
And try not doing the opposite of your accusation: where all you need to know is that someone is antivax and that's good enough for you, and now you can ignore or continually minimize all their flawed research and bizarre conclusions. All while preaching due diligence, of course...
Probably in the same manner you continually minimize all the flawed research and bizarre conclusions of PhRMA; you swallow it all because you want to believe. All while preaching about the sanctity of scientific research...it's fucking laughable.

FFS, there is an entire literary genre out there about how PhRMA is fleecing the public, perverting scientific protocols, and corrupting the governance of the country...and you're harrassing some poor, misguided individual who'd like to change that. I happen to think your priorities of misplaced.
PhRMA! PhRMA! PhRMA!

We are all shills for PhRMA!

Whatever the fuck that is.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (09-10-2015), Dragar (09-10-2015), Stephen Maturin (09-11-2015), The Man (09-10-2015)
  #1266  
Old 09-10-2015, 08:37 PM
chunksmediocrites's Avatar
chunksmediocrites chunksmediocrites is offline
ne plus ultraviolet
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portland Oregon USA
Gender: Male
Posts: MVCMXLVII
Images: 294
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfry n. glad View Post
...you continually minimize all the flawed research and bizarre conclusions of PhRMA
Post examples please, of any or all of the points in this thread where I minimized flawed research and bizarre conclusions of the pharmaceutical industry.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-15-2015), LadyShea (09-10-2015), The Man (09-10-2015)
  #1267  
Old 09-10-2015, 09:29 PM
erimir's Avatar
erimir erimir is offline
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dee Cee
Gender: Male
Posts: XMMXVI
Images: 11
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by godfry n. glad View Post
...you continually minimize all the flawed research and bizarre conclusions of PhRMA
Post examples please, of any or all of the points in this thread where I minimized flawed research and bizarre conclusions of the pharmaceutical industry.
I think it boils down to you not agreeing with him.

See, Godfry considers the negatives of vaccination (maybe not all vaccinations) and related policies as worse than the positives.

Since you disagree, you must consider the negatives to be less than he does. But how could that be, since his position is so obviously correct? You must be disingenuously ignoring and downplaying various flaws and negative consequences in order to make the math come out in favor of vaccination!

Ergo, you are minimizing. Because you are a shill for PhRMA.

Why are you a shill for PhRMA? I don't know. I'm probably unknowingly a shill for PhRMA too. I don't know why that is either. It must be because I hate children and love autism. I know it's not because I'm a Jew bent on destroying the gentiles, because I'm not Jewish.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-15-2015), But (09-10-2015), Dragar (09-10-2015), LadyShea (09-10-2015), Pan Narrans (09-11-2015), Stephen Maturin (09-11-2015), The Man (09-10-2015)
  #1268  
Old 09-11-2015, 04:20 AM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMDCCXVII
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
Why are you a shill for PhRMA? I don't know.
It's the same sort of unassailable reasoning that led Shrub to declare, "Either you're with us or you're with the terrorists."

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
I'm probably unknowingly a shill for PhRMA too. I don't know why that is either. It must be because I hate children and love autism. I know it's not because I'm a Jew bent on destroying the gentiles, because I'm not Jewish.
Your hatred of children and love of autism are well documented, erimir, but I won't be accepting the "not Jewish" thing at face value, thankee very much. I mean, you wouldn't be much of a Jew Illuminati conspirator if you came right out and admitted it, would you? That's especially true here at :ff:, where the authoritative sources cited in this very thread reveal the breadth and depth of the Jew Illuminati's genocidal depravity.
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-15-2015), chunksmediocrites (09-11-2015), Dragar (09-11-2015), erimir (09-11-2015), LadyShea (09-11-2015), The Man (09-11-2015)
  #1269  
Old 09-11-2015, 06:10 AM
Florence Jellem's Avatar
Florence Jellem Florence Jellem is offline
Mayor of Mayonnaise
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: CCCLXI
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Well, dear, I hate children too, given that I spent the better part of 40 years teaching home economics to the little bastards. I could write a book about the depravity I saw in class. I'm not even going to talk about what I saw the boys do to the mashed taters when they got up to the Dickens. The girls weren't much better, especially the Jewesses and the Negresses.

It's funny, but my third husband, Seymour, who once chased me around the house while wearing a funny see-through robe with his "thing" poking out the front of it, was a Jew. Although I eventually kicked him to the curb, I never realized the full extent of his genocidal depravity, nor his connections to the Illuminati. I'd like to thank peacegirl for bringing these matters to our attention. She must be a nice Christian lady like me, but it still remains the case, regrettably, that her papa wrote poo-poo.

Flo Jellem
__________________
:sammich: :sammich: :sammich:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Pan Narrans (09-11-2015), Sammich (09-11-2015), Stephen Maturin (09-11-2015), Stormlight (09-11-2015), The Man (09-11-2015)
  #1270  
Old 09-11-2015, 11:56 AM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCLXII
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Why do you keep baiting me on the book burning thing? I dropped it as off topic for this thread and you keep bringing it back up. My opinion of that act hasnt changed. Do you want to discuss it some more?
That's exactly why I am bringing it up. You used it in an effort to make him look like a loon. That is your MO, and it has backfired. When he is honored for his discoveries, what will you say then? I can imagine him being on stage getting a Nobel Peace Prize for helping to better our world, and you saying "well, his discovery can't be that great because he burned his first set of books." :roflmao:
I very clearly stated that I find the act you have described multiple times, and keep bringing up, histrionic. I have stated that this is my opinion.

Your visions of Nobel Prizes and vindication are also histrionic...in my opinion.
At this point I don't care what you think. I knew him. You didn't. He was not an irrational man just because he was very dissatisfied with his first attempt to put his words into writing. He had reasons for why he burned his first set of pamphlets. This just shows me that your judgement of people can be way off. You are no better than someone who is trying to find "dirt" on someone in order to cast doubt that this person has anything noteworthy to say. You're a terrible investigator. My vision that one day Lessans will one day be known for his discovery is going to come true whether I'm still alive or not, so it matters not what your opinion is.
Why do you keep bringing it up to me trying to reopen the discussion of my opinion then, if it doesn't matter and you don't care?
Why? Because you came to a false conclusion that my father was irrational just because you couldn't see his reasoning. Who are you to be the judge? You weren't in his shoes so you have no idea why he chose to burn his books rather than carry heavy boxes to the curb to be thrown out. You did this to cast doubt on his abilities. I know how you work. You all use the same tactics. This is a poor way to do an investigation. Once you find something you don't like about someone (they believe in homeopathy, for example) that's the end of it. You now can ignore anything else they have to say even if what they are saying regarding vaccines has possible merit. I do agree that if someone is talking gibberish, or if they believe something obviously outlandish, that would make one question whether they were mentally incapacitated in some way. But you cannot say that about every researcher, pediatrician, neurologist, virologist, immunologist, toxicologist that are having second thoughts about the safety of vaccines. And you cannot question the likes of Mike Adams and Dr. Mercola on the grounds that they are loony even if they have some far out ideas that don't appear to match reality. It seems to be the case that the same people who are open minded enough to become naturopaths, osteopaths, chiropractors, etc. are the same group that may open their minds to other things that are not evidenced by science. Granted, they may be right about some things and wrong about others, but to throw the baby out with the bathwater is premature and not the way a good investigator goes about doing his job of investigating.
So what? My opinion means nothing and you dont care about it, right?
You got that right. Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one. :biglaugh:
__________________
If there are risks, there must be options.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #1271  
Old 09-11-2015, 12:55 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCLXII
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
29 HOLISTIC DOCTORS/PRACTITIONERS FOUND POISONED, SOME NEARLY DEAD. ANOTHER ATTACK ON ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE?
So you are posting that article because you believe that there is a conspiracy to kill alternative medicine doctors?
They don't know. Many holistic doctors have suddenly died within a short period of time that were believed to be homicides. Maybe they are just paranoid, which is understandable given the circumstances.
We posted an analysis of that for you. Some of them weren't even alt med practitioners and none of their deaths were related in any way.
Then they can now breathe a sigh of relief! Thank goodness!
__________________
If there are risks, there must be options.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #1272  
Old 09-11-2015, 01:01 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCLXII
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragar View Post
I'm convinced, peacegirl. Aliens are real. I guess we should listen to what they have to say about vaccines.
Well, isn't that what LadyShea is using to discredit the people I have cited? Why are you condoning her Dragar just because you don't have an answer to my query? You're just as hypocritical as she is. :P
I don't understand, peacegirl. I'm saying your quotes from astronauts have convinced me that aliens are real. After all, they are astronauts!
Yup, isn't that what you all believe? Astronauts are credentialed so if they say there could be aliens, well, who am I to argue with that? They can't be loons, even though aliens are fictional characters. :giggle:
__________________
If there are risks, there must be options.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #1273  
Old 09-11-2015, 01:02 PM
LadyShea's Avatar
LadyShea LadyShea is offline
I said it, so I feel it, dick
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Here
Posts: XXXMDCCCXCVII
Images: 41
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
29 HOLISTIC DOCTORS/PRACTITIONERS FOUND POISONED, SOME NEARLY DEAD. ANOTHER ATTACK ON ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE?
So you are posting that article because you believe that there is a conspiracy to kill alternative medicine doctors?
They don't know. Many holistic doctors have suddenly died within a short period of time that were believed to be homicides. Maybe they are just paranoid, which is understandable given the circumstances.
We posted an analysis of that for you. Some of them weren't even alt med practitioners and none of their deaths were related in any way.
Then they can now breathe a sigh of relief! Thank goodness!
Lol, the anti-vaxxers are the ones that claimed it was a conspiracy, and lied about what kind of doctors were killed.. they don't care that they have been debunked. They will not be relieved, they will look for more reasons to claim persecution and martyrdom.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
The Man (09-11-2015)
  #1274  
Old 09-11-2015, 01:03 PM
Dragar's Avatar
Dragar Dragar is offline
Now in six dimensions!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The only hill in Oxford
Gender: Male
Posts: MVCMLXII
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragar View Post
I'm convinced, peacegirl. Aliens are real. I guess we should listen to what they have to say about vaccines.
Well, isn't that what LadyShea is using to discredit the people I have cited? Why are you condoning her Dragar just because you don't have an answer to my query? You're just as hypocritical as she is. :P
I don't understand, peacegirl. I'm saying your quotes from astronauts have convinced me that aliens are real. After all, they are astronauts!
Yup, isn't that what you all believe? Astronauts are credentialed so if they say there could be aliens, well, who am I to argue with that? They can't be loons, even though aliens are fictional characters. :giggle:
Wait, so now astronauts are 'loons' just because they believe in aliens? Why are you discrediting these people so easily?
__________________
The miracle of the appropriateness of the language of mathematics for the formulation of the laws of physics is a wonderful gift which we neither understand nor deserve. -Eugene Wigner
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (09-11-2015), The Man (09-11-2015)
  #1275  
Old 09-11-2015, 01:08 PM
LadyShea's Avatar
LadyShea LadyShea is offline
I said it, so I feel it, dick
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Here
Posts: XXXMDCCCXCVII
Images: 41
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

You like videos, have a look at Dr. Tenpenny not being a loon here when she says a study of school absenteeism would show unvaccinated kids are so much healthier, despite she herself missing all of third grade. It was good though. She also says she doesn't know how to set studies up because "she is not a scientific researcher".

Sherri Tenpenny is not a research scientist - YouTube

She was also one of the baby murderer supporters and blames Sandy Hook and other mass murders on vaccines

Another amazing resource you found there.

Last edited by LadyShea; 09-11-2015 at 01:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (09-11-2015), Stephen Maturin (09-11-2015), The Man (09-11-2015)
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (0 members and 5 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.81393 seconds with 14 queries