Old 06-14-2012, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Death Note Mafia Game Thread - Day 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
How many on the bw were convinced mick was scum. Not me.
Why throw the hammer then? Or at least why do it so soon after L-2/L-1 were voted?
I forced him to do it. If you look at the last pages of Day 1 , it is crystal clear that I pressured him into it.

That brings up the question of why I did it.

1. I'm an idiot
2. I thought I had a case on mick
3. I was impatient for the churn to be over
4. I'm an idiot
wtf

Im trying hard not to trolley on you. This is just off base.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:10 AM

I gather you mean the bit about being pressured into it, MZ?
Old 06-14-2012, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elouise View Post
Yes.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:23 AM
Stoic Derelict... The cup is empty

Quote:
There is no doubt at all I pressured him. Pretty sure I had the votes lined up. If it wasn't going to be mick wearing a manila tie it was going to be MZ.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:27 AM

There were a lot of people logged on the thread and it was pretty tense. Somebody was going to get lynched. Even though this tends to be counter to my own prospects, I don't want any misrepresentation of what actually occurred.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:48 AM
hopelessly incredibly selfish

Quote:
I was getting a non town read on daphne on day one. Her first post today cemented it.

As for the mickthinks lynch .. I was waiting for him to respond to my question regarding his contradiction before deciding whether to stick with my vote on him .. He responded while I was offline .. He was also lynched while I was offline. I would have unvoted him but was not given the opportunity. I would have looked closer at daphne.

ATM I'm looking at daphne and at gib.

MZ I have a good town read on you, despite your role in the mickthinks lynch. I hope you'll come round to seeing the benefit of not hurrying a hammer in an untimed game.
wrt bold: what exactly made you think daphne was scum? I laid my case but I never saw one from you.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:05 AM

What exactly? I'm not sure if it was anything specific or just a gut feel read .. need to go back and read her posts.

Can you link to where you laid out your case?
Old 06-14-2012, 04:32 AM

I reread daphne's posts .. my gut feel read was based on her change in attitude towards Jerome, at first agreeing with his posts, later agreeing he should be out of the game, along with her comments which amounted to not being bothered with lengthy threads and rereads .. a general change towards negativity conveying a sense of wanting to get the day over with. On a lesser but still slightly pinging note, she repeated concerns which had already been raised by others.

Still like the link to the case you laid out on daphne, diva. I didn't notice it while rereading daphne's posts just now.

unvote daphne
Old 06-14-2012, 04:49 AM

SR71 wrote:
Quote:
I'll start out by owning that bad Day1 lynch on mick. I was the one that drove it and I was was the one that finished it, so it's mine.
You're over-reacting. My reasons for voting had nothing to do with you. To be frank, in my opinion the person most responsible for the lynch of mickthinks was mickthinks.

Magicziggy wrote:
Quote:
How many on the bw were convinced mick was scum. Not me.
That would be me. I vaguely started thinking as the night wore on that he might be a Jester, but I'll be fascinated to find out why he played the way he played as vanilla Town. The mind boggles.
Thanks, from:
SR71 (06-14-2012)
Old 06-14-2012, 04:56 AM

@ Amok, thank you for that post, I think?
Old 06-14-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:
I reread daphne's posts .. my gut feel read was based on her change in attitude towards Jerome, at first agreeing with his posts, later agreeing he should be out of the game, along with her comments which amounted to not being bothered with lengthy threads and rereads .. a general change towards negativity conveying a sense of wanting to get the day over with. On a lesser but still slightly pinging note, she repeated concerns which had already been raised by others.

Still like the link to the case you laid out on daphne, diva. I didn't notice it while rereading daphne's posts just now.

unvote daphne
well I said this to daphne:

Quote:
hey daphne, I am talking to you cos you are on here! I am talking to you.

I answered cos you looked like you were spinning off into orbit going over things that had already been addressed.

I quoted your post to elouise cos it is relevant and I want to know what you think of mickthinks, why I do believe I asked that!

feel free to get bitchy defensive in order to avoid my questions and make it out like I don't have a reason to converse with you in a fucking game that we are both playing, it will keep you in my scum pile cos right now going after a noob, asking questions that have been answered, not giving an opinion and getting defensive when I am trying to engage with you makes you look scummy as fuck.
then she hit the treadmill.

and when she came back she still did not have an opinion on mickthinks. he apparently didn't stand out to her which to me is just incredible after she claimed to have done a reread.

lack of engagment and scumhunting are the biggest red flags for me.

and then her missing jerome's soft out.

there are 2 scenarios here wrt jerome as the nk:

*jerome was vig/SK killed and scum missed their nightkill cos of a block/protect.

*jerome was scum killed cos of his soft out.

the latter scenario almost makes me feel better about mz cos I think he would know that jerome was talking out of his ass in order to save a special. cos that is how I read it.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:26 AM

Magicziggy, you had your vote on Ksen until the last minute. Can you summarize your reasons for that please?

Diva, you mentioned that you had a Town feeling about Ksen. Can you summarize your reasons for that please?

Both of you, can you comment on the following:

I wrote:
Quote:
The bad guys in the story are pretty possessive of their Death Notes.
Ksen wrote:
Quote:
Bad guys?

Death Notes?
I replied to Ksen in Post 789 (Page 32), but that's not my point. I keep flip-flopping about whether I think that's an extremely Town post or a deviously clever Scum post. I'm leaning Town. Scum would have got a rundown of their flavour re: the notes in their PMs, right?

The long and short of it is I find it comforting that Ksen thought that was suspicious. Thoughts? Anyone else besides Diva & Magicziggy, as well.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amok View Post
Magicziggy, you had your vote on Ksen until the last minute. Can you summarize your reasons for that please?

Diva, you mentioned that you had a Town feeling about Ksen. Can you summarize your reasons for that please?

Both of you, can you comment on the following:

I wrote:
Quote:
The bad guys in the story are pretty possessive of their Death Notes.
Ksen wrote:
Quote:
Bad guys?

Death Notes?
I replied to Ksen in Post 789 (Page 32), but that's not my point. I keep flip-flopping about whether I think that's an extremely Town post or a deviously clever Scum post. I'm leaning Town. Scum would have got a rundown of their flavour re: the notes in their PMs, right?

The long and short of it is I find it comforting that Ksen thought that was suspicious. Thoughts? Anyone else besides Diva & Magicziggy, as well.
what I said was, I wanted ksen to be town. I used to be able to read him pretty well a long time ago until he changed his game. who was his vote on again? was it on mickthinks? then that makes me think he is town, he is prone to bussing.

and while ksen is clever he is not deviously clever and you should know that from the last game on here; he got caught out by flavour. he was mostly playing diablo 3 at the beginning of this game so I doubt it was a deliberate deviously clever post.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:36 AM

also can someone give me the tl;dr version of the op. I have tried to read it like 3 times and my brain wants to explode (sorry contra). what was the kill method cos I was confused.

in other words I really am a product fo TR and yes I have a short attention span. :(
Old 06-14-2012, 05:37 AM

It's too fine a distinction for me to pick up on even now. Initially I glanced at a Wiki. In one of Contra's (excellent) game play / flavor posts, I have the impression the deathnote is like a book with pages. It would be more like a Book of Deathnote Paper.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divagreen View Post
also can someone give me the tl;dr version of the op. I have tried to read it like 3 times and my brain wants to explode (sorry contra). what was the kill method cos I was confused.

in other words I really am a product fo TR and yes I have a short attention span. :(

Do you mean the one at the end of Day 1, where it explains how mick died?
Old 06-14-2012, 05:52 AM

Quote:

The gist of the Death Note killing method, from Wiki:
* The human whose name is written in this notebook will die.
* This notebook will not take effect unless the writer has the subject's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
* If the cause of death is written within 40 seconds of writing the subject's name, it will happen.
* If the cause of death is not specified, the subject will simply die of a heart attack.
* After writing the cause of death, the details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

From the flip, I think Jerome died of a heart attack while driving.

I think we have to wait to see if Light (who killed Jerome) is Scum or SK. If Scum turn out to be the Yotsuba Group (Japanese mafia, who had their own fake Kira), the kills will be more obviously criminal.
Thanks, from:
divagreen (06-14-2012)
Old 06-14-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amok View Post
It was the last minute because my vote was the hammer.

I don't have much of a read on ksen EXCEPT that his vote on me looked opportunistic scum and still does. I can't even say why it looks more so than any other vote on me. Given that there was no stomach for lynching my top picks I thought hammering mick was a good move. Even though he wasn't exactly pinging for me because I have no idea how he plays, there was always a chance he was scum and others thought so. I really wanted a card flip.

That's all I've got on that. It wasn't a very hard decision.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:21 AM

Thank you Diva & MZ. I'll think on things. I'm trying to find Town, in a roundabout way of finding Scum.

For the record, I've got Diva as Town because of Post 350 on Day 1. Ksen likely Town for Post 614.

Daphne, leaning Scum for the reasons Diva brought up. Elouise leaning Scum, but only marginally, for the reasons I posted in Day 1 (Posts 381 & 787).

Everyone else I'm undecided on.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Quote:

unvote daphne
well I said this to daphne:

Quote:
hey daphne, I am talking to you cos you are on here! I am talking to you.

I answered cos you looked like you were spinning off into orbit going over things that had already been addressed.

I quoted your post to elouise cos it is relevant and I want to know what you think of mickthinks, why I do believe I asked that!

feel free to get bitchy defensive in order to avoid my questions and make it out like I don't have a reason to converse with you in a fucking game that we are both playing, it will keep you in my scum pile cos right now going after a noob, asking questions that have been answered, not giving an opinion and getting defensive when I am trying to engage with you makes you look scummy as fuck.
then she hit the treadmill.

and when she came back she still did not have an opinion on mickthinks. he apparently didn't stand out to her which to me is just incredible after she claimed to have done a reread.

lack of engagment and scumhunting are the biggest red flags for me.

and then her missing jerome's soft out.

there are 2 scenarios here wrt jerome as the nk:

*jerome was vig/SK killed and scum missed their nightkill cos of a block/protect.

*jerome was scum killed cos of his soft out.

the latter scenario almost makes me feel better about mz cos I think he would know that jerome was talking out of his ass in order to save a special. cos that is how I read it.
Seems we've noted many of the same things about her gameplay.

I skim over many of your posts because of the aggro and angst you include in your gameplay.

Amok, you have daphne as scummy too ... Would you lynch her?
Old 06-14-2012, 08:31 AM

Amok, I think you're wrong about elouise.

vote daphne
Old 06-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Escape Ape

Quote:

can't help you there sorry
Old 06-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Escape Ape

vote daphne
Old 06-14-2012, 09:47 AM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

what are the chances jerome was killed to frame daphne? them being married and all... her reactions to him tend to vary between "I love him......................... but he's a idiot, though".

:thanked:
Old 06-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Escape Ape

who cares let's just lynch someone

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum