Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 10-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Stormlight's Avatar
Stormlight Stormlight is offline
Not a relevant party
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Luxembourg
Gender: Male
Posts: XLDCCCLV
Images: 92
Default Re: Snopes

I found nothing on snopes so it's prolly true. :unnod:
__________________
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (10-10-2013), Crumb (10-09-2013), Dragar (10-11-2013), Janet (10-10-2013), JoeP (10-09-2013)
  #27  
Old 10-09-2013, 03:58 PM
JoeP's Avatar
JoeP JoeP is offline
[thanks] whisperer
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: England/Miisaland
Gender: Male
Posts: XXMMCMVIII
Images: 18
Default Re: Snopes

My reaction was the same as Stormlight's ... let's check Snopes ...
__________________

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:       :eur::sadcheer: "Strong and stable"
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Janet (10-10-2013), Stormlight (10-09-2013)
  #28  
Old 10-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Stormlight's Avatar
Stormlight Stormlight is offline
Not a relevant party
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Luxembourg
Gender: Male
Posts: XLDCCCLV
Images: 92
Default Re: Snopes

You are wise and smrt, JoeP! :unnod:
__________________
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Janet (10-10-2013), JoeP (10-09-2013)
  #29  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Angakuk's Avatar
Angakuk Angakuk is offline
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: MXCCCLXXXIII
Default Re: Snopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingfod View Post
Edit2: In the interest of full disclosure, I was once a member of the Snopes Discussion Message Board, username: Goes-hmmm.
See, that right there has now caused me to be suspicious regarding the accuracy of anything posted on Snopes. I never was before. Thanks for the disillusionment Ding!
__________________
Old Pain In The Ass says: I am on a mission from God to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable; to bring faith to the doubtful and doubt to the faithful. :shakebible:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Adam (10-10-2013), chunksmediocrites (10-10-2013), Crumb (10-10-2013), Dingfod (10-10-2013), Ensign Steve (10-10-2013), Janet (10-10-2013), JoeP (10-10-2013), Leesifer (10-10-2013), Pan Narrans (10-10-2013), Stormlight (10-10-2013)
  #30  
Old 10-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Dingfod's Avatar
Dingfod Dingfod is offline
Name Dropper
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In a Hole
Gender: Male
Posts: XLMMCCCLXVII
Blog Entries: 21
Images: 92
Default Re: Snopes

Fortunately, they never paid any attention to me.
__________________
Sleep - the most beautiful experience in life - except drink.--W.C. Fields
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (10-11-2013), chunksmediocrites (10-10-2013)
  #31  
Old 10-11-2013, 02:21 AM
Corona688's Avatar
Corona688 Corona688 is offline
Forum Killer
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: MMMDCCCXXVIII
Default Re: Snopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shelby View Post
oh okay I see where you guys is headed. I'm one of those who goes off half cocked with out having the whole story. yeah I get it.

FUCK YOU PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lolwut:
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Leesifer's Avatar
Leesifer Leesifer is offline
not very big for a grown-up
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: England
Posts: XVMCCLXVII
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 3
Default Re: Snopes

Miss Shelby, you should not trust Snopes.

Flaming Liberal Owns them and is in Obama's tank
__________________
I've made a huge tiny mistake!
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Adam (10-14-2013), Qingdai (10-12-2013), Watser? (10-12-2013)
  #33  
Old 10-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Dingfod's Avatar
Dingfod Dingfod is offline
Name Dropper
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In a Hole
Gender: Male
Posts: XLMMCCCLXVII
Blog Entries: 21
Images: 92
Default Re: Snopes

Misleading headline ITT! :glare:
__________________
Sleep - the most beautiful experience in life - except drink.--W.C. Fields
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Watser? (10-12-2013)
  #34  
Old 07-25-2017, 02:43 PM
mickthinks's Avatar
mickthinks mickthinks is offline
Trying to find the actual stastics
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Augsburg
Gender: Male
Posts: VMDCCCXXXI
Images: 19
Default Re: Snopes

Necrobumping because:

Help save Snopes.com!

From the link Although we maintain editorial control (for now), the vendor will not relinquish the site’s hosting to our control, so we cannot modify the site, develop it, or — most crucially — place advertising on it. The vendor continues to insert their own ads and has been withholding the advertising revenue from us.


The NYT covers the story here.
__________________
... it's just an idea

Last edited by mickthinks; 07-25-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Ari (07-25-2017), ceptimus (07-25-2017), Corona688 (07-25-2017), Dingfod (07-29-2017), JoeP (07-25-2017), Kyuss Apollo (07-26-2017), lisarea (07-25-2017), Sock Puppet (07-26-2017), specious_reasons (07-29-2017), Stormlight (07-26-2017), The Man (07-25-2017), Watser? (07-25-2017)
  #35  
Old 07-25-2017, 08:51 PM
Corona688's Avatar
Corona688 Corona688 is offline
Forum Killer
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: MMMDCCCXXVIII
Default Re: Snopes

$564,751 of $500K goal. That blew up pretty fast.

Wonder if this could be an ongoing thing. It'd be nice if they could go ad-free.

It's sad to see attacks on a site that's mostly devoted to dismissing email scams. What've things come to?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Stormlight (07-26-2017), The Man (07-25-2017)
  #36  
Old 07-25-2017, 08:57 PM
Corona688's Avatar
Corona688 Corona688 is offline
Forum Killer
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: MMMDCCCXXVIII
Default Re: Snopes

Also, am I the only one that liked their old layout? Kind of charmingly 90's-esque without the clutter that usually means.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Ari (07-25-2017), ceptimus (07-25-2017), Dingfod (07-29-2017), JoeP (07-25-2017), Stormlight (07-26-2017), The Man (07-25-2017), Watser? (07-25-2017)
  #37  
Old 07-25-2017, 11:08 PM
lisarea's Avatar
lisarea lisarea is offline
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: XVMCXXV
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 3
Default Re: Snopes

The co-owners of Snopes have been going through a pretty contentious divorce, and the article sort of hints that that's a big part of what's going on with it right now.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Ari (07-25-2017), beyelzu (07-26-2017), ceptimus (07-25-2017), Crumb (07-25-2017), Stormlight (07-26-2017), The Man (07-25-2017), Watser? (07-25-2017)
  #38  
Old 07-25-2017, 11:16 PM
ceptimus's Avatar
ceptimus ceptimus is offline
puzzler
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: UK
Posts: XMVDCXCVII
Images: 28
Default Re: Snopes

It's kinda difficult to deduce exactly what's been going on though. If only there was some Web-based fact-checking resource site where we could try to find the true facts behind stories... :kickcan:
__________________

Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Ari (07-25-2017), beyelzu (07-26-2017), BrotherMan (07-26-2017), chunksmediocrites (07-30-2017), JoeP (07-26-2017), Kyuss Apollo (07-26-2017), Limoncello (07-27-2017), lisarea (07-25-2017), Pan Narrans (07-26-2017), specious_reasons (07-29-2017), Stormlight (07-26-2017), The Man (07-25-2017), Watser? (07-25-2017), Zehava (07-26-2017)
  #39  
Old 07-26-2017, 11:43 PM
Corona688's Avatar
Corona688 Corona688 is offline
Forum Killer
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: MMMDCCCXXVIII
Default Re: Snopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
The co-owners of Snopes have been going through a pretty contentious divorce, and the article sort of hints that that's a big part of what's going on with it right now.
My favorite are the people posting that as some sort of "checkmate, atheists" as if that's not a depressingly good explanation of how snopes' ad money could have been wrested from its owner.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
lisarea (07-27-2017), The Man (07-26-2017), Watser? (07-28-2017)
  #40  
Old 07-27-2017, 12:15 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCXCIX
Default Re: Snopes

lol, he ran out of hooker money!!

You guys know that he was funding his hooker with money from the site, that is why the couple are divorcing.

lol
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 07-27-2017, 12:16 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCXCIX
Default Re: Snopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688 View Post
$564,751 of $500K goal.
lol @ all the people that sent him money to pay for his blowjobs and pegging sessions!!

:giggle:
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-27-2017, 06:28 AM
Corona688's Avatar
Corona688 Corona688 is offline
Forum Killer
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: MMMDCCCXXVIII
Default Re: Snopes

I wasn't asking for a re-enactment, Jerome, but that'll do.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Stormlight (07-27-2017), Watser? (07-28-2017)
  #43  
Old 07-27-2017, 06:51 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCXCIX
Default Re: Snopes

They own multiple million dollar properties, and idiot liberals are sending them money.

Baahaaahaaaaa

24 day vacations around the world ... Baahaaahaaaa ... liberals are the biggest pile of suckers on earth.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-28-2017, 04:34 PM
Corona688's Avatar
Corona688 Corona688 is offline
Forum Killer
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: MMMDCCCXXVIII
Default Re: Snopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
lol, he ran out of hooker money!!

You guys know that he was funding his hooker with money from the site, that is why the couple are divorcing.

lol
As oft occurs, when actual facts come to light they put the lie to what you say. They divorced years ago. With that trunk toppled, the rest of your tree of fabrications goes with it. You'll have to build a new one.

Having not speculated beyond the facts at hand, the rest of us can just say 'oh, okay then'.

Facts from the source, including a complete list of shareholders. None of them evil libbrul conglomerates. Some of them might have multimillion properties for all I know, but if you think that helps Snopes you don't understand what shareholder means.

Yes, I know you won't bother to read it. This isn't for you.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (07-30-2017), lisarea (07-28-2017), The Man (07-28-2017)
  #45  
Old 07-28-2017, 06:14 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCXCIX
Default Re: Snopes

He hired his porn star hooker to help run Snopes!!!

lol, ahhaaaaa

Send him some money so you can have a prostitute tell you True/False, baaahaaaaaaa
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-28-2017, 06:21 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCXCIX
Default Re: Snopes

He is being sued by Bardav,which owns 50% of Snopes, for using company funds to take lavish trips with his prostitute porn star wife, and improperly using company funds to pay the fees for his personal divorce.

Also, lol, he tried to pay himself a $750,000 salary!!

Yea, send him some money to fight the lawsuit over his stealing from Snopes, fucking morons.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-28-2017, 06:25 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCXCIX
Default Re: Snopes

HaaHaaaaa

His new wife is still advertising her prostitute services!!

http://erinobryn.callgirlfiles.com/home
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-28-2017, 06:31 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCXCIX
Default Re: Snopes

The Mikkelsons were literally the capitalist pigs you guys hate, lmao!!

They used company money for all sorts of personal excess. Now that there are partners, they want the company resources used for the company, not prostitutes for the pathetic David.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-28-2017, 06:45 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCXCIX
Default Re: Snopes

So the money is being collected by David himself, not Snopes.

August 4th a court will rule on whether he can keep his position as CEO whilst the lawsuit is processing...
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-28-2017, 07:11 PM
Corona688's Avatar
Corona688 Corona688 is offline
Forum Killer
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: MMMDCCCXXVIII
Default Re: Snopes

That was hyperbole, Jerome. You don't actually have to build a new one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
lisarea (07-28-2017), The Man (07-28-2017)
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.43607 seconds with 14 queries