Old 10-28-2019, 09:58 PM
Solipsist

Default Re: Good King Trump

:loud:

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
SR71 (10-29-2019), The Lone Ranger (10-28-2019), The Man (10-29-2019)
Old 10-28-2019, 10:30 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Before we get to that, I feel compelled to remind everyone that we really haven't gotten to the bottom of her emails.
Thanks, from:
slimshady2357 (10-29-2019), SR71 (10-29-2019), The Lone Ranger (10-28-2019), The Man (10-29-2019)
Old 10-29-2019, 10:17 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

There is no bottom to her emails.

You know if they ever did get and release all of her personal emails, they would just claim there were thousands more secret emails that she's hiding the crimes on.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (10-29-2019), lisarea (10-29-2019), slimshady2357 (10-29-2019), The Man (10-29-2019)
Old 10-29-2019, 10:18 AM

:dddp:

There is no bottom to my double posts either, apparently.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (10-29-2019), lisarea (10-29-2019), The Man (10-29-2019)
Old 11-02-2019, 05:21 AM
Stoic Derelict... The cup is empty

Finally, the Stone trial is almost upon us. He's the one who went about crowing about being a link to WikiLeaks, and then took it all back when it came time to testify. This could clear up some serious redactions in the Mueller report. Bannon is supposed to testify in the trial.
Kamilah Hauptmann (11-02-2019), lisarea (11-02-2019), Stephen Maturin (11-02-2019), The Man (11-02-2019)
Old 11-02-2019, 04:25 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

:popcorn:

:AB: :canada:
Old 11-02-2019, 05:52 PM
Solipsist

I hear that *rump has moved his residence to Florida. Probably on the previous page.

I also hear on the interwebs that a primary residence can't be seized for asset forfeiture in the state of Florida.

Is someone planning for a possible bankruptcy in the near future?

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
lisarea (11-02-2019), SR71 (11-03-2019), The Man (11-02-2019)
Old 11-02-2019, 07:44 PM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

A while back, BuzzFeed News filed a Freedom of Information Act request for the interview memos from the Mueller investigation. A judge has ruled in their favour, and according to the article, there will evidently be document releases once a month for at least the next eight years. The first one came out today; it's 500 pages long, and it's a doozy. Here's BuzzFeed's summary article. Key takeaways, in the words of BuzzFeed reporters Jason Leopold, Zoe Tillman, and Ellie Hall, include:

Quote:
  • Rick Gates said the campaign was “very happy” when a foreign government helped release the hacked DNC emails

• Paul Manafort was pushing the conspiracy theory that Ukraine hacked the DNC as early as 2016

• Michael Cohen "had to keep Trump out of the messaging related to Russia"

• After the hacked DNC emails Trump told Gates "more leaks were coming"

• Manafort was advising the Trump campaign up until days before the election

• Trump supporter and associate Ted Malloch emailed Bannon before the first debate and said Trump should start by handing Hillary Clinton a "Writ of Indictment."
The article has several others – not to mention a link to the document itself.

Just think: another one of these every month until the election, and beyond.

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

last.fm · my music · Marathon Expanded Universe
Thanks, from:
Kamilah Hauptmann (11-03-2019), lisarea (11-02-2019), SR71 (11-03-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 03:57 PM

Weird thing, none of this seems to register with Republicans. It seems there's nothing that can't be overlooked, dismissed, or accepted when it comes to presidential behavior.
lisarea (11-03-2019), The Man (11-03-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 04:01 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/10/ex-t...scheduled.html

Flynn is trying to take back his guilty plea. He was given time to cooperate before his sentencing. Given that he now doesn't appear to wish to be sentenced, it would be reasonable to assume there wasn't a great deal of cooperation in the interim.

Quote:
A federal judge on Tuesday tentatively set Dec. 18 for the criminal sentencing of Michael Flynn, President Donald Trump’s first national security advisor.
That date is exactly one year after Flynn’s first sentencing, which was aborted in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., by Judge Emmet Sullivan to give Flynn additional time to complete his agreed-to cooperation with then-special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

During that hearing, Sullivan had blasted Flynn, saying “arguably you sold your country out,” and warned him he might sent Flynn to jail if he did not agree to postpone his sentencing.
Flynn, a retired Army lieutenant general, pleaded guilty in October 2017 to lying to FBI agents about his contact with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak in the weeks leading up to Trump’s inauguration.
Flynn’s cooperation with federal prosecutors appears to be finished.
My question would be, did he plead out to avoid a jury trial, or some other reason? If the former, it seems unlikely he would be innocent of the charges.
The Man (11-03-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 04:11 PM

His lawyers are also saying he was bullied into admitting lying under oath about something to do with Turkey, who was obviously an agent of, given his article or w/e he published on election day 2016 having to do with sending Solzhenitzyn's buddy Gulen back to Turkey from Pennsylvania. I swear if you tried to diagram all the weird shit with all of Trump's associates to Russia, Ukraine and Turkey it would be like a freakin' star map or something.
The Man (11-03-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 06:45 PM

Don't forget Israel, the only one of those countries that Watser and friends will immediately believe is involved in conspiracies and has undue influence over Trump the moment a report of sketchy behavior comes out.

For some (((reason))) they're just more believable as part of a shadowy conspiracy :shrug:
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (11-04-2019), SR71 (11-03-2019), The Man (11-03-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 11:25 PM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
Weird thing, none of this seems to register with Republicans. It seems there's nothing that can't be overlooked, dismissed, or accepted when it comes to presidential behavior.
That's the thing. On Facebook, I'm seeing all kinds of posts from various "friends" about how Trump is the most intelligent, cunning, effective, and above all Christian man to ever inhabit the White House. According to them, the man is a veritable saint who is incapable of doing wrong -- and the only thing holding him back is all those eeeevil Democrats -- plus a handful of "Republicans" who are actually Democrats in disguise. [Because, of course, everyone knows that Democrats are Pure Evil. So some of them try to hide their true colors by calling themselves Republicans. You can always tell the difference though, because all True Republicans -- in other words, all True Americans -- are loyal supporters of our great and glorious leader.]

In just the past few days I've seen completely serious* posts about how the country was in an economic depression during Obama's time in office, and that Trump pulled us out of it and created an economic boom. I've seen posts claiming that during Obama's time in office, violent crime was at an all-time high and you could scarcely leave your house for fear of being robbed, raped, and murdered (not necessarily in that order). I've seen posts claiming that the Mueller Report not only completely exonerated Trump and Company, but conclusively showed that the Democrats were guilty of treasonous behavior during the 2016 election. I've seen posts claiming that Hillary really was running a child slavery/prostitution ring and is continuing to do so, and that she'll be arrested any day now for that. Oh, and did you know that she gave 20% of our uranium to Russia? And did you know that it was the Democrats who colluded with Russia in 2016 -- and that the talk of impeachment against our saintly and entirely innocent President is fueled entirely by their fury over their inability to use gerrymandering and voter suppression to completely thwart the will of the overwhelming majority of American voters?

Trump has managed to create an astonishing cult of personality, and at this point, I honestly don't think that there's anything he could do or say that would change the opinions of his most ardent followers. This, despite the fact that Trump scarcely even tries to hide his sociopathy, his corruption, and his sneering contempt for everyone other than the rich (and despots). And despite the fact that the Republican Party has all but openly declared its motto to be "Make the Rich Richer, and Screw Everybody Else!".

The irony, of course, is that many of his most ardent followers are precisely the working-class people that Trump and his cronies are screwing over so thoroughly.

*I know; Poe's Law is to be kept in mind. But based on their past posting history, I'm convinced that most of them are completely sincere when they insist that Trump is the greatest and most holy man since Jesus Christ himself.
Thanks, from:
Ari (11-03-2019), Crumb (11-05-2019), Kamilah Hauptmann (11-04-2019), Sock Puppet (11-04-2019), SR71 (11-03-2019), The Man (11-04-2019), Zehava (11-13-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 11:40 PM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Jumping Jiminy Cricket on a pogo stick!

In Kentucky, the gubernatorial race is between incumbent Republican and Trump wannabe Matt Bevin and Democratic challenger Andy Beshear. Some of the campaign ads being aired by the freakin' Democrats can be summarized as: "Hey, we all agree that Trump is great, but Bevin has been a terrible governor -- so vote for Bevin, even though he is a Democrat."
Thanks, from:
Crumb (11-05-2019), SR71 (11-04-2019), The Man (11-04-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
That's the thing. On Facebook, I'm seeing all kinds of posts from various "friends" about how Trump is the most intelligent, cunning, effective, and above all Christian man to ever inhabit the White House. According to them, the man is a veritable saint who is incapable of doing wrong -- and the only thing holding him back is all those eeeevil Democrats -- plus a handful of "Republicans" who are actually Democrats in disguise. [Because, of course, everyone knows that Democrats are Pure Evil. So some of them try to hide their true colors by calling themselves Republicans. You can always tell the difference though, because all True Republicans -- in other words, all True Americans -- are loyal supporters of our great and glorious leader.]

In just the past few days I've seen completely serious* posts about how the country was in an economic depression during Obama's time in office, and that Trump pulled us out of it and created an economic boom. I've seen posts claiming that during Obama's time in office, violent crime was at an all-time high and you could scarcely leave your house for fear of being robbed, raped, and murdered (not necessarily in that order). I've seen posts claiming that the Mueller Report not only completely exonerated Trump and Company, but conclusively showed that the Democrats were guilty of treasonous behavior during the 2016 election. I've seen posts claiming that Hillary really was running a child slavery/prostitution ring and is continuing to do so, and that she'll be arrested any day now for that. Oh, and did you know that she gave 20% of our uranium to Russia? And did you know that it was the Democrats who colluded with Russia in 2016[?]
From here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
A blue lie is assessd by some as between a white lie and a black lie; as such, it is simultaneously an example of pro-social and anti-social behavior. A blue lie is intended to help one's group, thus pro-social; but it does so by damaging others through deceit, thus anti-social. The color blue is said to be a reference to its purported use by police.
I think quite a few of the people saying things you find astonishing because they're so at odds with reality are just engaging in this.

A lot of them know those are lies, but they're saying them because it helps their side. It gives them cover to do what they want, it muddies the waters about their true motivations, it lets them get indignant if you point out the truth or what their true motivations are ("I'm not a racist! I told you it's because crime was so bad under Obama. Are you calling me a liar?! How dare you!"), and the hope is that it does convince some of the fools who don't know it's just what Republicans are supposed to say, not what they actually believe, etc. And there are plenty of those fools, especially in the both-sides/centrist pundit media (the right-wing media, of course, is almost completely knowing liars).

It's not hard to see examples of this that are pretty hard to interpret as anything else. How else do you make sense of the Tea Party and the Congressional GOP under Obama, claiming to be more concerned about the deficit and the debt than anything else? When Bush was president, he blew up the debt, yet there was no Tea Party movement as a result, only under Obama. Now Trump is president, and he doesn't even have the excuse of "needing" to start a big war like Bush (because 9/11 GWOT orange alert!) or the need for economic stimulus. Somehow the economy is doing great but he's increasing the deficit by massive amounts for no particular reason. And do any of them care now? No.

Because they never did. And many of them, both the politicians AND the voters, knew it was a pile of bullshit the whole time. People don't like you to blame the voters, but there's no other interpretation than that Republican voters are also liars.

And yes, some Democrats engage in the same behavior. But the polls show that while Democrats' opinions of things swings somewhat depending on who's in office, there's no comparison - Republicans turn on a dime and Democrats don't. Because what Republican voters say they care about - a lot of the time - they're lying.

Because most of them are not going to come out and say they're motivated by racism or sexism or the like. They know they gotta tell the blue lie to help the team.

And with "owning the libs" now being a central motivation, the fact that it makes you exasperated is the fucking cherry on top. Because it's even more fun for them to know that you see through the idiotic logic... but you can't do anything about it.
Thanks, from:
Corona688 (11-10-2019), Crumb (11-05-2019), JoeP (11-04-2019), Kamilah Hauptmann (11-04-2019), Sock Puppet (11-04-2019), SR71 (11-04-2019), The Lone Ranger (11-04-2019), The Man (11-04-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 04:37 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Corsi, lawsuit, one beeeeeellion dollars.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/...02269.60.0.pdf

Thanks, from:
SR71 (11-04-2019), Stephen Maturin (11-04-2019), The Man (11-04-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 04:48 PM
Mr. Condescending Dick Nose

California fires: Trump threatens to pull federal aid - BBC News

Last edited by mickthinks; 11-04-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (11-05-2019), JoeP (11-04-2019), Kamilah Hauptmann (11-04-2019), lisarea (11-04-2019), SR71 (11-04-2019), Stephen Maturin (11-04-2019), The Man (11-04-2019)
Old 11-13-2019, 01:53 PM
forever in search of dill pickle doritos

:drunk4:

Old 11-13-2019, 02:11 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Thanks, from:
SR71 (11-13-2019), Stephen Maturin (11-13-2019), The Man (11-15-2019)
Old 11-15-2019, 01:24 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

:examine:

https://www.nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/methodology/

Quote:
Sales are defined as completed transactions by vendors and individual end users during the period on or after the official publication date of a title. Institutional, special interest, group or bulk purchases, if and when they are included, are at the discretion of The New York Times Best-Seller List Desk editors based on standards for inclusion that encompass proprietary vetting and audit protocols, corroborative reporting and other statistical determinations. When included, such bulk purchases appear with a dagger (†).

:grift:

Thanks, from:
Ari (11-15-2019), JoeP (11-15-2019), SR71 (11-15-2019), The Man (11-15-2019)
Old 11-15-2019, 03:41 AM

The jury has the Stone case. There are seven counts and so far the jury asked for clarification on one charge, whatever may be read into that.
Kamilah Hauptmann (11-15-2019), lisarea (11-15-2019), The Man (11-16-2019)
Old 11-15-2019, 05:04 PM

Guilty on all seven counts!
JoeP (11-16-2019), Kamilah Hauptmann (11-15-2019), lisarea (11-15-2019), Sock Puppet (11-15-2019), Stephen Maturin (11-15-2019), The Man (11-16-2019)
Old 11-15-2019, 06:16 PM

lol that republican counsel guy.

In his opening remarks to Yovanovitch he was whining about the chamber being turned into a television studio. Wasn't it just like a week ago republicans were complaining about closed doors and lack of transparency, like a Soviet Style putsch or some shit? Didn't they storm into the closed door hearing in a secure facility in demonstration? Wasn't that during the very time Yovanovitch was testifying? Fucking asshat. :asshat:

correction; It was Laura Cooper's testimony the republicans interrupted, not Yovanavitch's.

Last edited by SR71; 11-15-2019 at 08:57 PM.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (11-17-2019), JoeP (11-16-2019), Kamilah Hauptmann (11-15-2019), Stephen Maturin (11-15-2019), The Man (11-16-2019)
Old 11-15-2019, 09:14 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

(Snopes verified)
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (11-15-2019), JoeP (11-16-2019), lisarea (11-15-2019), Sock Puppet (11-15-2019), SR71 (11-15-2019), Stephen Maturin (11-15-2019), The Man (11-16-2019)
Old 11-15-2019, 09:50 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
lol that republican counsel guy.
As seen somewhere on the Internet yesterday, how awesome is it that the guy who's suing an imaginary cow is not the biggest GOP clown act in the impeachment inquiry.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (11-16-2019), JoeP (11-16-2019), Sock Puppet (11-15-2019), SR71 (11-15-2019), The Man (11-16-2019)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law