Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Old 05-25-2017, 10:22 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

So Peacegirl, why did you bring up his black friends?
Tell me, how do you think he's being misrepresented?
Thanks, from:
The Man (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
So Peacegirl, why did you bring up his black friends?
Tell me, how do you think he's being misrepresented?
I don't know why I brought it up other than to counteract all of the accusations against him. I don't think the media has been fair. It's very easy to make something appear what it's not, as we have seen in my other thread. Anything can be misrepresented and once it's publicized, it takes on a life of its own. People will believe the next big headline whether it's true or not.

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 05-25-2017, 10:42 PM

Can you give some examples of how the media has been 'unfair' to him?
Thanks, from:
The Man (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 10:42 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-26-2017), Ari (05-26-2017), But (05-25-2017), ChuckF (05-25-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-26-2017), Kyuss Apollo (05-26-2017), Pan Narrans (05-28-2017), specious_reasons (05-26-2017), The Man (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Can you give some examples of how the media has been 'unfair' to him?
There are many ways to slant something in the media and it can be very misleading and cruel because a person's reputation can be severely damaged. I don't want to discuss politics anymore unless it has to do with vaccines.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kbrocki...onna-work/amp/

Trump: 'No politician in history has been treated more unfairly' | US news | The Guardian

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 05-25-2017, 11:30 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
:lol: Yeah you didn't read that at all.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-26-2017), Ari (05-25-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-26-2017), Kyuss Apollo (05-26-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 12:46 AM

Peacegirl v Peacegirl, fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegirl
Many of his friends are blacks.
I don't know why I brought it up other than to counteract all of the accusations against him.
What do you think other Peacegirl, does having black friends counteract accusations of racism?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Peacegirl
This is unimportant because who his friends happen to be has no bearing on his prejudices.
Other Peacegirl does have a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegirl
I said there is no way I could find out whether he has had black or Muslim friends before his campaign.
What do you think Other Peacegirl, is there no way whatsoever to tell if he had black friends before the election?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Peacegirl
Omarosa: I'm Black, Female, and Donald Trump Is My Friend
I see, so it is possible after all.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-26-2017), But (05-26-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-26-2017), Kyuss Apollo (05-26-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 01:37 AM
Oh, brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
In peacegirl's defence (for a certain value of "defence"), it's entirely plausible that she's simply too dull to comprehend the article's sarcasm. Based on past history, though, it's certainly likelier that she just read the headline like she usually does.

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

Fool’s Gold · last.fm · soundcloud · Marathon Chronicles
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-26-2017), Ari (05-26-2017), ChuckF (05-26-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-26-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 03:45 AM
ne plus ultraviolet

Quote:
Unfortunately though, terrorism against the West is being bred in Muslim countries.
Mostly through the actions of the US and our allies, Israel and Saudi Arabia.
In the 1980's and 1990's, we funded, trained, and armed Mujaheddin in Afghanistan to fight Soviet forces in Afghanistan. Saudi Arabia matched us dollar for dollar and built madrasas- religious schools- all over rural Afghanistan, and staffed them with clerics from the Wahhabi fundamentalist extremist sect of Islam. From this came the Talibs- students of the madrasas- and the rise of the Taliban.
Hey, speaking of funding Wahhabi schools:
Quote:
The Islamic State draws its beliefs from Saudi Arabia’s Wahhabi version of Islam....
Saudi money is now transforming European Islam. Leaked German intelligence reports show that charities “closely connected with government offices” of Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait are funding mosques, schools and imams to disseminate a fundamentalist, intolerant version of Islam throughout Germany.
Muslims in the Middle East are clear about the role of the US in their region.
The US helped depose the democratically elected leader of Iran when he threatened to nationalize the oil fields in his country. The US actively supported, funded, and propped up the Shah (king) of Iran, a tyrant and dictator. As a result, he was overthrown by the only opposition group not yet jailed, tortured, and executed by the Shah's brutal regime- religious fundamentalists.
The US supported, funded, and propped up the Egyptian dictator Mubarak for decades.
Saddam Hussein of Iraq was our ally and his regime was supported by the US from 1982 to 1990.
The US continually and aggressively supports Israel, the only nation in the region continually expanding their borders, in violation of international laws and norms. Israel is a rogue nuclear state, possessing an estimated 75 to 100 nuclear weapons, is not a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, and does not allow weapons inspections by the International Atomic Energy Agency. In contrast Iran possesses no nuclear weapons, is a partner in the NNPT and has weapons inspectors in the country regularly inspecting their nuclear power program.
Look, this is the super-truncated version, not even touching on the dictators and strong-men of Yemen and Pakistan that we've supported. Recruiters to radical Islam show pictures of Muslim prisoners being tortured at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo- that's US actions as the primary recruiting tool to Islamic extremists.
So, to correct: you do not have the first clue and your opinion is made of garbage.

Quote:
Am I wrong here? Are suicide bombers being trained in other places?
Suicide bombing is primarily about asymmetric warfare. Ask the IRA, who used suicide bombers. You do know that the US has used drones to fire missiles into funerals, wedding parties, and other peaceful assemblies... then waited for first responders to arrive, and then fired more missiles, to kill the medical teams and survivors?

It is amazing to find someone so stunningly ignorant on nearly every topic you opine.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:57 AM

And after all that, let's just compare terrorist attacks committed by muslims in the west compared to terrorist attacks in the middle east. Let's see, the entire west just had an attack that killed 22 people, in more than a couple places in the middle east (*cough* Iraq) that would be considered a low body count week.

In fact ISIS is constantly recruiting people from the west getting them to travel to the middle east. "To be trained and sent back!" you might say but that rarely ever happens. Really one of three things happen, they stay fight and get killed, they desert (a big problem for ISIS), or they get shot while they are running away as ISIS is prone to do or else more than a few of their fighters would run.

Which is all why many western muslim terrorists are just like the more serious threat in the US, white home grown men, they are angry twats first and foremost and fear of Muslims is moronic.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
Quote:
Unfortunately though, terrorism against the West is being bred in Muslim countries.
Mostly through the actions of the US and our allies, Israel and Saudi Arabia.
In the 1980's and 1990's, we funded, trained, and armed Mujaheddin in Afghanistan to fight Soviet forces in Afghanistan. Saudi Arabia matched us dollar for dollar and built madrasas- religious schools- all over rural Afghanistan, and staffed them with clerics from the Wahhabi fundamentalist extremist sect of Islam. From this came the Talibs- students of the madrasas- and the rise of the Taliban.
Hey, speaking of funding Wahhabi schools:
Quote:
The Islamic State draws its beliefs from Saudi Arabia’s Wahhabi version of Islam....
...<snip>...
Saudi money is now transforming European Islam. Leaked German intelligence reports show that charities “closely connected with government offices” of Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait are funding mosques, schools and imams to disseminate a fundamentalist, intolerant version of Islam throughout Germany.
Muslims in the Middle East are clear about the role of the US in their region.
The US helped depose the democratically elected leader of Iran when he threatened to nationalize the oil fields in his country. The US actively supported, funded, and propped up the Shah (king) of Iran, a tyrant and dictator. As a result, he was overthrown by the only opposition group not yet jailed, tortured, and executed by the Shah's brutal regime- religious fundamentalists.
The US supported, funded, and propped up the Egyptian dictator Mubarak for decades.
Saddam Hussein of Iraq was our ally and his regime was supported by the US from 1982 to 1990.
The US continually and aggressively supports Israel, the only nation in the region continually expanding their borders, in violation of international laws and norms. Israel is a rogue nuclear state, possessing an estimated 75 to 100 nuclear weapons, is not a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, and does not allow weapons inspections by the International Atomic Energy Agency. In contrast Iran possesses no nuclear weapons, is a partner in the NNPT and has weapons inspectors in the country regularly inspecting their nuclear power program.
Look, this is the super-truncated version, not even touching on the dictators and strong-men of Yemen and Pakistan that we've supported. Recruiters to radical Islam show pictures of Muslim prisoners being tortured at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo- that's US actions as the primary recruiting tool to Islamic extremists.
So, to correct: you do not have the first clue and your opinion is made of garbage.

Quote:
Am I wrong here? Are suicide bombers being trained in other places?
Suicide bombing is primarily about asymmetric warfare. Ask the IRA, who used suicide bombers. You do know that the US has used drones to fire missiles into funerals, wedding parties, and other peaceful assemblies... then waited for first responders to arrive, and then fired more missiles, to kill the medical teams and survivors?

It is amazing to find someone so stunningly ignorant on nearly every topic you opine.
Not sure where this harangue came from. It sure wasn't related to my comment that terrorism against the West is bred in Muslim countries. I didn't comment on the United States' contribution to what is going on. You seem to have decided to use me as a whipping board.

Islamic terror attacks on the West

Old 05-26-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
And after all that, let's just compare terrorist attacks committed by muslims in the west compared to terrorist attacks in the middle east. Let's see, the entire west just had an attack that killed 22 people, in more than a couple places in the middle east (*cough* Iraq) that would be considered a low body count week.

In fact ISIS is constantly recruiting people from the west getting them to travel to the middle east. "To be trained and sent back!" you might say but that rarely ever happens. Really one of three things happen, they stay fight and get killed, they desert (a big problem for ISIS), or they get shot while they are running away as ISIS is prone to do or else more than a few of their fighters would run.

Which is all why many western muslim terrorists are just like the more serious threat in the US, white home grown men, they are angry twats first and foremost and fear of Muslims is moronic.
I didn't comment on this either. We know that people from the West are being recruited by ISIS. This doesn't change the fact that terrorist groups are bred in Muslim countries (for the most part). No one is saying all Muslims are bad or that we should fear them. The problem is we cannot distinguish at first glance between a terrorist and a law abiding Muslim, which is a big problem.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:47 AM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Italy makes 12 vaccines mandatory for school children in an attempt to combat 'anti-scientific theories' | The Independent

Quote:
The health minister, Beatrice Lorenzin, said children will not be accepted into nursery or pre-schools without proof of vaccinations, while parents of children legally obliged to attend school will face hefty fines for noncompliance.

The certification will be required every year, she said.
:2thumbsup:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-26-2017), ChuckF (05-26-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-26-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Italy makes 12 vaccines mandatory for school children in an attempt to combat 'anti-scientific theories' | The Independent

Quote:
The health minister, Beatrice Lorenzin, said children will not be accepted into nursery or pre-schools without proof of vaccinations, while parents of children legally obliged to attend school will face hefty fines for noncompliance.

The certification will be required every year, she said.
:2thumbsup:
Escalation when one's belief system is questioned is no surprise. It's part of the process which must occur until the truth trumps all deceptions.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Escalation when one's belief system is questioned is no surprise.
Like when you cite as your authorities people who recommend staring into the Sun or who talk to aliens. Or people who think that eyes aren't sense organs.

:lol:
Thanks, from:
Old 05-26-2017, 01:45 PM

duplicate

Old 05-26-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Escalation when one's belief system is questioned is no surprise.
Like when you cite as your authorities people who recommend staring into the Sun or who talk to aliens. Or people who think that eyes aren't sense organs.
You don't even see the errors in your reasoning, do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by But
:lol:
Stop throwing out red herrings or you will be seen as someone who cannot think logically! You really should study logical fallacies. It may help you formulate a legitimate refutation or allow you to see the flaws in your own reasoning. :thumbsup:

Old 05-26-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
This response is canned and it's ridiculous. Refute the argument and stop throwing out red herrings
:lol: What argument?

Quote:
or you will be seen as someone who cannot focus on the real issue!
By whom? You? Or someone from Andromeda who shoves bleach up his asshole?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-26-2017), ChuckF (05-26-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Quote:
This response is canned and it's ridiculous. Refute the argument and stop throwing out red herrings
:lol: What argument?
The argument that declares the science on vaccination is settled. It is not.

Quote:
or you will be seen as someone who cannot focus on the real issue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by it
By whom? You? Or someone from Andromeda who shoves bleach up his asshole?
To discredit all the scientists and researchers who say there is a problem with the present vaccine schedule is to delude yourself. To shift the focus away from the real concerns by many people in the field of immunology, neurology, toxicology, virology, etc. by diminishing their expertise through unsavory means is not going to help you in your desire to dumb down those who are interested in the facts pertaining to this issue.

Old 05-26-2017, 02:11 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
In peacegirl's defence (for a certain value of "defence"), it's entirely plausible that she's simply too dull to comprehend the article's sarcasm.
This is a fair point. Insofar as the actual content of that article conflicts with peacegirl's pre-existing beliefs, it would have been invisible to her, even where it is entirely clear to a normal, reasonably intelligent reader of English. Even I occasionally forget and treat peacegirl as though she were reasonable, intelligent, and a reader of English, when in fact she is not one of those. [thanks] for the reality check!
Thanks, from:
Old 05-26-2017, 02:28 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Quote:
I'm just talking about the kind of suicide bomber attacks that we know are perpetrated by terrorist organizations or home grown terrorists who have associations with these organizations.
You are talking exclusively about terrorism by Muslim extremists. Because that is the scary kind, right?

And so you felt no qualms about voting for someone who promised that when elected, he would keep as many Muslims from immigrating as possible. Unfortunately, the good Muslims would have to be treated like the bad ones. Just to err on the side of caution!

And so the intolerant bigots win on both sides: the Islamists get more angry young men to recruit, and have successfully increased a sense of exclusion among Muslim populations in the west. And the racists get to keep the maximum amount of brown people out, without even having to get called racists!

Truly, it is a win-win situation for team US.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-26-2017), Ari (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Quote:
I'm just talking about the kind of suicide bomber attacks that we know are perpetrated by terrorist organizations or home grown terrorists who have associations with these organizations.
You are talking exclusively about terrorism by Muslim extremists. Because that is the scary kind, right?

And so you felt no qualms about voting for someone who promised that when elected, he would keep as many Muslims from immigrating as possible. Unfortunately, the good Muslims would have to be treated like the bad ones. Just to err on the side of caution!

And so the intolerant bigots win on both sides: the Islamists get more angry young men to recruit, and have successfully increased a sense of exclusion among Muslim populations in the west. And the racists get to keep the maximum amount of brown people out, without even having to get called racists!

Truly, it is a win-win situation for team US.
I am not saying this is the best solution (the best solution is not yet available), but neither is allowing terrorists to slip in to the U.S. to do their dirty work. This is just being prudent. Having a passport is not a background check. Many jobs require background checks in America so why should a background check for immigrants coming from Muslim countries known to breed terrorism be a surprise? Yes, it's a hassle. Yes, it's not the best situation. No one wants this if it could be helped but our country would be extremely vulnerable without these safeguards in place. Unfortunately, Trump's ban is scorned by people who don't like any of his policies. But if someone in their family should die at the hands of a terrorist plot (by someone who should not have been allowed into this country), Trump would be scorned for not doing enough. Truly, it is a no-win situation for team U.S.

Old 05-26-2017, 04:09 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

:lol: A blanket ban on immigration from entire countries is apparently a "background check".
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-26-2017), Ari (05-26-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 04:29 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Having a passport is not a background check. Many jobs require background checks in America so why should a background check for immigrants coming from Muslim countries known to breed terrorism be a surprise? Yes, it's a hassle. Yes, it's not the best situation.
Imagine my shock to find that peacegirl is ill-informed about this topic! HOW COULD THIS BE
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-26-2017), Ari (05-26-2017), chunksmediocrites (07-16-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017), Vivisectus (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
:lol: A blanket ban on immigration from entire countries is apparently a "background check".
Give Trump a better suggestion Vivisectus. Everyone loves to criticize. I'd like to see you do better. This is a last line of defense before giving an unsuspecting terrorist --- whose goal is to kill as many Americans as possible --- permission to enter.

Last edited by peacegirl; 05-26-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle