Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 07-03-2017, 05:51 PM

Default Should religions be classified as Fake News? The bible seems to say yes.

Should religions be classified as Fake News? The bible seems to say yes.

Fake News is what many are calling lies or distortions of the truth these days.

No organizations distort the truth and outright lie about Gods than the organized religions.

Should religions be classified as Fake News?

The bible seems to say yes.

Isaiah 56:11) "They are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, each on to his unjust gain, to the last one" But do not despair, for the day of judgment is at hand, for the day of judgment and the day of the LORD occupy the same time frame. All the dross will be burned away. (Zech 13:9) & (Malachi 3:3). In that day, "you will distinguish between the righteous and the wicked" (Malachi 3:18)

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Regards
DL
Old 07-04-2017, 10:44 AM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Default Re: Should religions be classified as Fake News? The bible seems to say yes.

:lol:

The things you say about gods and the things any other religion says are not distinguishable as far as likelihood of being true is concerned. The most I have seen is an appeal to consequence.
Thanks, from:
specious_reasons (07-04-2017), The Man (07-04-2017)
Old 07-04-2017, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Should religions be classified as Fake News? The bible seems to say yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
:lol:

The things you say about gods and the things any other religion says are not distinguishable as far as likelihood of being true is concerned. The most I have seen is an appeal to consequence.
I think they are quite distinguishable.

Gnostic Christianity does not have a supernatural component, we do not believe in such nonsense, so our ideologies are not compatible at all.

That is why Christianity tried and failed to annihilate us all and burn all of our scriptures when they wan the God wars.

Give this a listen if you have the time. It shows with details what I have put.

The Jesus Myth - Timothy Freke - YouTube

Regards
DL
Old 07-04-2017, 05:17 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Yes it should, since all religions except Catholicism are false anyway.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Yes it should, since all religions except Catholicism are false anyway.
Catholicism has changed quite a bit over time.

For instance, they used to believe in a 6 day creation but now admit that evolution is a viable theory. They now have a God of the Gaps.

Which Catholicism do you mean, and is it the one that has no more Fake News of the supernatural and miracles?

Regards
DL
Old 07-04-2017, 06:12 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Exactly! By humbling admitting they dont know all it's just proof it is correct.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:34 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

It's sort of amusing the way low-information people who talk more than they listen have followed their leader and adopted the term "fake news" to mean anything they disagree with in any way.
Thanks, from:
Ari (07-04-2017), Crumb (07-04-2017), JoeP (07-05-2017), Limoncello (07-04-2017), Pan Narrans (07-05-2017), Sock Puppet (07-06-2017), specious_reasons (07-04-2017), Stephen Maturin (07-05-2017), Stormlight (07-04-2017), The Man (07-04-2017), Watser? (07-05-2017)
Old 07-04-2017, 09:21 PM
here to bore you with pictures

Should anyone be interested by a person who introduced themselves with anti-muslim propaganda and white nationalist talking points?

Not me.
Thanks, from:
lisarea (07-04-2017), Stephen Maturin (07-05-2017), The Man (07-05-2017), Watser? (07-05-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 05:36 AM
you're next

Fake thread!
Ari (07-05-2017), Crumb (07-05-2017), The Man (07-05-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Gnostic Christianity does not have a supernatural component
It rather does, actually. You just give it a different name and role. Just look at your boy Freke and his "deep awake" state:

Quote:
"existence is an evolutionary process that's seen the emergence of matter, life and soul, as ever deeper potentialities have been realised

the leading edge of evolution is now spiritual awakening

my contribution to the evolutionary adventure is to guide people to the deep awake state, by sharing my 'soul-to-soul' meditations and the new philosophy i call 'emergent spirituality'

my vision is that we collectively take the next step in the evolutionary process, by awakening to our essential oneness, so we feel empowered to transform human society into a culture of kindness"
Yah, totally not supernatural.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (07-05-2017), The Man (07-05-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Exactly! By humbling admitting they dont know all it's just proof it is correct.
Know all?

The more intelligent ancients knew they could know nothing of supernatural Gods.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

I think we can safely say we only know one thing about the Gods.

They never show themselves which indicates that they do not exist.

Regards
DL
Old 07-05-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
It's sort of amusing the way low-information people who talk more than they listen have followed their leader and adopted the term "fake news" to mean anything they disagree with in any way.
No. It is more a recognition of lies perpetuated by clergy.

Regards
DL
Old 07-05-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Should anyone be interested by a person who introduced themselves with anti-muslim propaganda and white nationalist talking points?

Not me.
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL
Old 07-05-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
It rather does, actually. You just give it a different name and role. Just look at your boy Freke and his "deep awake" state:

Quote:
"existence is an evolutionary process that's seen the emergence of matter, life and soul, as ever deeper potentialities have been realised

my contribution to the evolutionary adventure is to guide people to the deep awake state, by sharing my 'soul-to-soul' meditations and the new philosophy i call 'emergent spirituality'

my vision is that we collectively take the next step in the evolutionary process, by awakening to our essential oneness, so we feel empowered to transform human society into a culture of kindness"
I guess that you do not recognize that there are no miracles involved and that science is heading in the same direction that Gnostic have known about forever.

Famous neuroscientist proves telepathy! | Sciforums

Regards
DL
Old 07-05-2017, 04:29 PM
here to bore you with pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post

Not me.
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL
Great minds don't make white nationalist talking points.
Thanks, from:
Ari (07-05-2017), JoeP (07-05-2017), lisarea (07-05-2017), Sock Puppet (07-06-2017), Stephen Maturin (07-06-2017), The Man (07-05-2017), Watser? (07-08-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I guess that you do not recognize that there are no miracles involved and that science is heading in the same direction that Gnostic have known about forever.

Regards
DL
Miracles and the supernatural are not equivalent: you can believe in the supernatural without believing in miracles... or just do some handy shuffling around of terms and then make such a claim.

You can say all kinds of vague stuff about something you call a soul, for instance.

And if we are cherry-picking science for whatever apparently matches your religious preconceptions, and then say that anything that seems compatible proves "science is going in the direction that we have known to be true for centuries", then I am afraid the Bible literalist evangelical types are way ahead of you:

101 Scientific Facts & Foreknowledge in the Bible
Thanks, from:
The Man (07-06-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Regards
DL
Miracles and the supernatural are not equivalent: you can believe in the supernatural without believing in miracles... or just do some handy shuffling around of terms and then make such a claim.

You can say all kinds of vague stuff about something you call a soul, for instance.

And if we are cherry-picking science for whatever apparently matches your religious preconceptions, and then say that anything that seems compatible proves "science is going in the direction that we have known to be true for centuries", then I am afraid the Bible literalist evangelical types are way ahead of you:

101 Scientific Facts & Foreknowledge in the Bible
Be it miracles or magic, the term supernatural apples as they all denote fantasy and delusion.

Regards
DL
Old 07-07-2017, 12:06 PM

Right - not real enlightenment like you can buy from Freke right? :)
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Right - not real enlightenment like you can buy from Freke right? :)
Apologies.

I do not understand your question.

Regards
DL
Old 07-07-2017, 10:44 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
supernatural apples
brb - placing an order with the local farmers' market.

:brb:

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Crumb (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
supernatural apples
brb - placing an order with the local farmers' market.

:brb:
Oops. Pardon my French.

Try applies.

Regards
DL

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy