#50801  
Old 03-15-2017, 11:32 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCCCXLII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Friends, peacegirl is lying to you. She is an admitted liar, and in this very thread you'll find her saying that lying is "justified" if it serves her purposes. In fact, peacegirl lies so casually and so often that the very fact she says something is evidence that the opposite is true.
I am not a liar Maturin. I weaseled in the beginning because I was taken aback by all of the questions that were posed relating to light. So what are you talking about now? You have nothing on me Maturin except old posts that I admitted to. There is nothing of import that shows I've been a liar. :fuming:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
Please keep in mind that ChuckF, the True Steward of Seymour Lessans' intellectual legacy, caught peacegirl doctoring the audio files she now claims are 100% authentic. How many more instances of fraud lie buried in the audio files that peacegirl falsely accused ChuckF of "pirating"? That's impossible to say with certainty, but if peacegirl tells you there are none, that means there are many. :yup:
There is no way I could change his voice without distorting the whole book. Just that one deletion sounded bad, so you can imagine if I doctored the book in any other way. Plus, you can read along with the actual print book. This proves I did nothing of the sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
Again, peacegirl is lying to you. Reject peacegirl's Corrupted Text and embrace the Authentic Text. You'll be glad you did.

ETA: We do not blame peacegirl for being a craven liar. We live in a free will environment, which carries with it the attendant conditions of blame and justification. That, of course, establishes mathematically, scientifically and undeniably that peacegirl's conscience operates and a 2 or 3 tops, which explains her moral depravity.
My conscience would never let me hurt anyone, even in this world. Unfortunately, because of the accusations railed against me, I have responded in ways that I'm not proud of. The hurt done to me has been extremely difficult to handle, yet I am stronger for it. I also hope to be able to forgive you all because you really know not what you do.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #50802  
Old 03-15-2017, 11:43 PM
thedoc's Avatar
thedoc thedoc is offline
I'm Deplorable.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: XMMCCCLXXXV
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
You people are just looking for flaws and ways to make me look bad.
No-one here needs to find flaws and make you look bad, you are doing both very nicely all by yourself.
__________________
The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you donít know anything about. Wayne Dyer
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-16-2017), The Man (03-16-2017)
  #50803  
Old 03-16-2017, 12:05 AM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMCMXLVII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
I only just noticed that peacegirl responded to your exposť with a "giggle" smilie. That tells us everything we need to know about peacegirl and her devil-may-care views on candor and the precepts of the Authentic Text.
*fraudulent, obfuscatory bullshit snipped, leaving nothing*
When confronted with the fact that you intentionally altered the audio, you "giggled." That tells us everything we need to know about you. :yup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Friends, peacegirl is lying to you. She is an admitted liar, and in this very thread you'll find her saying that lying is "justified" if it serves her purposes. In fact, peacegirl lies so casually and so often that the very fact she says something is evidence that the opposite is true.
I am not a liar Maturin.
You're an admitted liar, peacegirl. You and the truth simply don't mix, just like oil and water or Seymour Lessans and fat chicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
Please keep in mind that ChuckF, the True Steward of Seymour Lessans' intellectual legacy, caught peacegirl doctoring the audio files she now claims are 100% authentic. How many more instances of fraud lie buried in the audio files that peacegirl falsely accused ChuckF of "pirating"? That's impossible to say with certainty, but if peacegirl tells you there are none, that means there are many. :yup:
There is no way I could change his voice without distorting the whole book. Just that one deletion sounded bad, so you can imagine if I doctored the book in any other way. Plus, you can read along with the actual print book. This proves I did nothing of the sort.
That's complete gibberish. In a way, that's good because it appears you were trying to say that the audio is unaltered because it matches up with the written text you altered.



Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
ETA: We do not blame peacegirl for being a craven liar. We live in a free will environment, which carries with it the attendant conditions of blame and justification. That, of course, establishes mathematically, scientifically and undeniably that peacegirl's conscience operates and a 2 or 3 tops, which explains her moral depravity.
My conscience would never let me hurt anyone, even in this world.
peacegirl, your conscience is such a flaccid, pathetic thing and operates at such a laughably low level that we can safely conclude you're capable of just about anything.

Besides, you're an admitted liar who comes right out and says that lying is "justified" if it's in your interest. That being true, your statement that "[m]y conscience would never let me hurt anyone" is evidence that the opposite is true.
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-16-2017), ChuckF (03-16-2017), The Man (03-16-2017)
  #50804  
Old 03-16-2017, 12:44 AM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCCCXLII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
I only just noticed that peacegirl responded to your exposť with a "giggle" smilie. That tells us everything we need to know about peacegirl and her devil-may-care views on candor and the precepts of the Authentic Text.
*fraudulent, obfuscatory bullshit snipped, leaving nothing*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
When confronted with the fact that you intentionally altered the audio, you "giggled." That tells us everything we need to know about you. :yup:
I giggled because I didn't know he had this book also. Do you see what you do? You misinterpret every move I make because you have nothing on me. You're just grabbing at anything that you can twist and misrepresent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Friends, peacegirl is lying to you. She is an admitted liar, and in this very thread you'll find her saying that lying is "justified" if it serves her purposes. In fact, peacegirl lies so casually and so often that the very fact she says something is evidence that the opposite is true.
I am not a liar Maturin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin"
You're an admitted liar, peacegirl. You and the truth simply don't mix, just like oil and water or Seymour Lessans and fat chicks.
One of your crazy misinterpretations that you want people to believe. What a travesty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
Please keep in mind ChuckF, the True Steward of Seymour Lessans' intellectual legacy, caught peacegirl doctoring the audio files she now claims are 100% authentic. How many more instances of fraud lie buried in the audio files that peacegirl falsely accused ChuckF of "pirating"? That's impossible to say with certainty, but if peacegirl tells you there are none, that means there are many. :yup:
There is no way I could change his voice without distorting the whole book. Just that one deletion sounded bad, so you can imagine if I doctored the book in any other way. Plus, you can read along with the actual print book. This proves I did nothing of the sort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
That's complete gibberish. In a way, that's good because it appears you were trying to say that the audio is unaltered because it matches up with the written text you altered.

OMG, how could I doctor his books that were printed in the 70s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
ETA: We do not blame peacegirl for being a craven liar. We live in a free will environment, which carries with it the attendant conditions of blame and justification. That, of course, establishes mathematically, scientifically and undeniably that peacegirl's conscience operates and a 2 or 3 tops, which explains her moral depravity.
My conscience would never let me hurt anyone, even in this world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
peace girl, your conscience is such a flaccid, pathetic thing and operates at such a laughably low level that we can safely conclude you're capable of just about anything.

Besides, you're an admitted liar who comes right out and says that lying is "justified" if it's in your interest. That being true, your statement that "[m]y conscience would never let me hurt anyone" is evidence that the opposite is true.
You are misusing the word because I have never had an intent to deceive anyone.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #50805  
Old 03-16-2017, 01:22 AM
Spacemonkey's Avatar
Spacemonkey Spacemonkey is offline
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: VMCXXVII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
You are misusing the word because I have never had an intent to deceive anyone.
Do you have an alternative word we could use for deliberately posting falsehoods even while knowing that they will never deceive anyone?

And while you're in an apologetic mood, are you going to apologize to me for accusing me of twisting Lessans words when all I did was repost your exact words verbatim?
__________________
video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-16-2017), The Man (03-16-2017)
  #50806  
Old 03-16-2017, 01:28 AM
Spacemonkey's Avatar
Spacemonkey Spacemonkey is offline
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: VMCXXVII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I am not a liar Maturin.
Your lies have been documented throughout the thread. As noted, this is probably because your conscience is working at such a low level due to all the blame flying around (almost entirely from you) in our present environment here at FF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I weaseled in the beginning because I was taken aback by all of the questions that were posed relating to light.
How many years count as "the beginning" for you? Do you consider it an improvement to have moved from dishonest weaseling to the complete avoidance of all such questions?
__________________
video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-16-2017), ChuckF (03-16-2017), Stephen Maturin (03-16-2017), The Man (03-16-2017)
  #50807  
Old 03-16-2017, 01:52 AM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCCCXLII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
You are misusing the word because I have never had an intent to deceive anyone.
Do you have an alternative word we could use for deliberately posting falsehoods even while knowing that they will never deceive anyone?

And while you're in an apologetic mood, are you going to apologize to me for accusing me of twisting Lessans words when all I did was repost your exact words verbatim?
I haven't deliberately posted falsehoods. I have only tried to share Lessans' observations. I never imagined what this thread would turn into! You'll have to refresh my memory on the post you're referring to above.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #50808  
Old 03-16-2017, 01:54 AM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMCMXLVII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I am not a liar Maturin.
Your lies have been documented throughout the thread. As noted, this is probably because your conscience is working at such a low level due to all the blame flying around (almost entirely from you) in our present environment here at FF.
Astutely observed, Spacemonkey. Ever since ChuckF rescued the Authentic Text from peacegirl-imposed obscurity and started sharing it with the world, peacegirl has been anger-peeing blame and resentment all over this humble forum. :sadcheer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I weaseled in the beginning because I was taken aback by all of the questions that were posed relating to light.
How many years count as "the beginning" for you? Do you consider it an improvement to have moved from dishonest weaseling to the complete avoidance of all such questions?
Oh, that's just more peacegirlian fraud, like the Corrupted Text. "The beginning" is apparently quite the fungible concept in peacegirl's brain. Recently, she made up a big fat lie by which she attributed her idiotic comment about "Internet checkers" to being new to online discussion boards. In truth, peacegirl had been posting on message boards regularly for at least eight years before making the idiotic comment in question.

Of course, we do not blame peacegirl for her egregious misconduct. We live in a free will environment. The blame and justification associated with such an environment means that peacegirl's conscience is operating at a 2 or 3 at best, and perhaps as low as 1 or 0. Expecting decent conduct from such a morally debilitated creature would be like expecting a chimp to perform differential calculus.

It is our hope that peacegirl can someday put her resentment aside, open the door marked "ChuckF is the True Steward of Seymour Lessans' intellectual legacy," and experience the truth that lies on the other side of that door. If that happens, there is hope that peacegirl might someday transmute the baser metals of her nature into the pure gold of the Golden Age.
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-16-2017), But (03-16-2017), ChuckF (03-16-2017), Spacemonkey (03-16-2017), The Man (03-16-2017)
  #50809  
Old 03-16-2017, 01:55 AM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCCCXLII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I am not a liar Maturin.
Your lies have been documented throughout the thread. As noted, this is probably because your conscience is working at such a low level due to all the blame flying around (almost entirely from you) in our present environment here at FF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I weaseled in the beginning because I was taken aback by all of the questions that were posed relating to light.
How many years count as "the beginning" for you? Do you consider it an improvement to have moved from dishonest weaseling to the complete avoidance of all such questions?
I'm not getting into his claim regarding the eyes again, which you think is false and as a result the anger you have toward me is misplaced.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #50810  
Old 03-16-2017, 02:03 AM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCCCXLII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I am not a liar Maturin.
Your lies have been documented throughout the thread. As noted, this is probably because your conscience is working at such a low level due to all the blame flying around (almost entirely from you) in our present environment here at FF.
Astutely observed, Spacemonkey. Ever since ChuckF rescued the Authentic Text from peacegirl-imposed obscurity and started sharing it with the world, peacegirl has been anger-peeing blame and resentment all over this humble forum. :sadcheer
Humble forum? You are all shockingly arrogant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I weaseled in the beginning because I was taken aback by all of the questions that were posed relating to light.
How many years count as "the beginning" for you? Do you consider it an improvement to have moved from dishonest weaseling to the complete avoidance of all such questions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
Oh, that's just more peacegirlian fraud, like the Corrupted Text. "The beginning" is apparently quite the fungible concept in peacegirl's brain. Recently, she made up a big fat lie by which she attributed her idiotic comment about "Internet checkers" to being new to online discussion boards. In truth, peacegirl had been posting on message boards regularly for at least eight years before making the idiotic comment in question.
I did not know how the internet worked. Yes, I posted on forums but other than that I was relatively new to this technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin
Of course, we do not blame peacegirl for her egregious misconduct. We live in a free will environment. The blame and justification associated with such an environment means that peacegirl's conscience is operating at a 2 or 3 at best, and perhaps as low as 1 or 0. Expecting decent conduct from such a morally debilitated creature would be like expecting a chimp to perform differential calculus.

It is our hope that peacegirl can someday put her resentment aside, open the door marked "ChuckF is the True Steward of Seymour Lessans' intellectual legacy," and experience the truth that lies on the other side of that door. If that happens, there is hope that peacegirl might someday transmute the baser metals of her nature into the pure gold of the Golden Age.
What a joke! :biglaugh:
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #50811  
Old 03-16-2017, 02:20 AM
But's Avatar
But But is offline
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: MVCXLVI
Default Re: A revolution in thought


:loud:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-16-2017)
  #50812  
Old 03-16-2017, 02:26 AM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXXI
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
OMG, how could I doctor his books that were printed in the 70s?
Well, peacegirl, you try to do it with your $41.00 Corrupted Text that you hawk for lucre online, trying to gull the unknowing into buying your Corrupted Text as though it were authentic.

peacegirl, do you see now why we interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime? Because only these are safe from your Corruption!
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-16-2017), Stephen Maturin (03-16-2017), The Man (03-16-2017)
  #50813  
Old 03-16-2017, 02:50 AM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXXI
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I don't mind apologizing. Chuck, you did not pirate my audios. I'm sorry for accusing you of this. My bad. :sadcheer:
peacegirl, I accept your apology for your blameful and dishonest false accusation. I wish also that you could apologize to the Author for your Corrupted Text, which is a hurt to the Authentic Text, but alas, it is too late for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I already admitted that I took that part out because of how people have falsely interpreted what he said.
peacegirl, this is another of your lies. Yes, peacegirl, you Corrupted the Authentic Text, that much is clear.

The interesting thing about this particular lie of yours, is that you are the only one who has interpreted this statement in this particular way.

No one interpreted it before, because you suppressed it - deleted it, resected it, redacted it - from both your Corrupted Text and the Tapes. It was not until I, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, rescued the Authentic Text from the obscurity you imposed upon it that it was even restored.

After that, you are the only one who has interpreted it at all! On the one hand you claim without evidence that there is a factual basis for this statement, though you cannot identify what that factual basis would be.

But you say that you did not put it in your book because it "would be misconstrued." Which means that you, in fact, construed it and determined it to be inappropriate for publication. You decided that people shouldn't be allowed to read the Author's own words and make up their own minds! You would replace the Author's judgment with your own!

In short, peacegirl, you are the only one censoring the Author's words! It is you who impute negative meanings to the Author's words, and you who seek to suppress the Author's words on that basis!

peacegirl, this is what you are a Corruptrix, and why your Corrupted Text is Corrupt!

I hope one day that I, as the True Steward of the Authentic Text, will be able to forgive you for the Corruption and damage you have tried to do the Authentic Text. However, though your Corruption is a hurt to the Authentic Text, I do not blame you for it, because I allow for the source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
So listen carefully to all of the tapes and share them with everyone. Then you will have a solid basis for communication that may be progressive and help in this extremely important mission.
peacegirl, I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text. The Authentic Text is the basis for my communication; I am compelled of my own free will to reject your Corrupted Text, for it is Corrupt. We interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I have only tried to share Lessans' observations.
peacegirl, you have only tried to hawk your $41.00 Corrupted Text for lucre! You have no interest in sharing the Author's observations - if you had, you would not have Corrupted the Authentic Text with your $41.00 Corrupted Text! Rather, you actively suppress the Author's words, through distortion, mutilation, and sometimes outright deletion! This is the essence of your Corrupted Text.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-16-2017), Stephen Maturin (03-16-2017), The Man (03-16-2017)
  #50814  
Old 03-16-2017, 03:01 AM
The Lone Ranger's Avatar
The Lone Ranger The Lone Ranger is offline
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: MXCCXLI
Images: 523
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I am not a liar Maturin.
Yes you are. You have even admitted, on occasion, that you sometimes lie if you think that it will help promote your agenda.
__________________
ďThe greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.Ē
-- Socrates
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-16-2017), Spacemonkey (03-16-2017), The Man (03-16-2017)
  #50815  
Old 03-16-2017, 03:02 AM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXXI
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
I only just noticed that peacegirl responded to your exposť with a "giggle" smilie. That tells us everything we need to know about peacegirl and her devil-may-care views on candor and the precepts of the Authentic Text.
The same occurred to me at the time; the girlish glee with which she distorts and tortures and Corrupts the Author's words, his very voice! And all after the Author is deceased and unable to defend himself. She judges the Author and his words without giving them a fair trial, and then appoints herself executioner.

But she did not reckon on me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text emerging as the Author's zealous advocate and defender, rescuing his words from the obscurity she has strived to impose!

I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text, and I have slain the dragon of peacegirl's Corrupted Text.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-16-2017), Stephen Maturin (03-16-2017), The Man (03-16-2017)
  #50816  
Old 03-16-2017, 05:19 AM
Spacemonkey's Avatar
Spacemonkey Spacemonkey is offline
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: VMCXXVII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I haven't deliberately posted falsehoods.
Yes you have. Several times you claimed to have answered questions that you'd never even tried to answer. You were shown this and yet kept right on lying about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I have only tried to share Lessans' observations. I never imagined what this thread would turn into!
How could you possibly have known that it would end up exactly the same as all your previous threads on other websites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
You'll have to refresh my memory on the post you're referring to above.
A revolution in thought - Page 2028 - Freethought Forum
__________________
video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-16-2017), The Man (03-16-2017)
  #50817  
Old 03-16-2017, 10:10 AM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCCCXLII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I don't mind apologizing. Chuck, you did not pirate my audios. I'm sorry for accusing you of this. My bad. :sadcheer:
peacegirl, I accept your apology for your blameful and dishonest false accusation. I wish also that you could apologize to the Author for your Corrupted Text, which is a hurt to the Authentic Text, but alas, it is too late for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I already admitted that I took that part out because of how people have falsely interpreted what he said.
peacegirl, this is another of your lies. Yes, peacegirl, you Corrupted the Authentic Text, that much is clear.

The interesting thing about this particular lie of yours, is that you are the only one who has interpreted this statement in this particular way.

No one interpreted it before, because you suppressed it - deleted it, resected it, redacted it - from both your Corrupted Text and the Tapes. It was not until I, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, rescued the Authentic Text from the obscurity you imposed upon it that it was even restored.

After that, you are the only one who has interpreted it at all! On the one hand you claim without evidence that there is a factual basis for this statement, though you cannot identify what that factual basis would be.

But you say that you did not put it in your book because it "would be misconstrued." Which means that you, in fact, construed it and determined it to be inappropriate for publication. You decided that people shouldn't be allowed to read the Author's own words and make up their own minds! You would replace the Author's judgment with your own!

In short, peacegirl, you are the only one censoring the Author's words! It is you who impute negative meanings to the Author's words, and you who seek to suppress the Author's words on that basis!

peacegirl, this is what you are a Corruptrix, and why your Corrupted Text is Corrupt!

I hope one day that I, as the True Steward of the Authentic Text, will be able to forgive you for the Corruption and damage you have tried to do the Authentic Text. However, though your Corruption is a hurt to the Authentic Text, I do not blame you for it, because I allow for the source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
So listen carefully to all of the tapes and share them with everyone. Then you will have a solid basis for communication that may be progressive and help in this extremely important mission.
peacegirl, I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text. The Authentic Text is the basis for my communication; I am compelled of my own free will to reject your Corrupted Text, for it is Corrupt. We interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I have only tried to share Lessans' observations.
peacegirl, you have only tried to hawk your $41.00 Corrupted Text for lucre! You have no interest in sharing the Author's observations - if you had, you would not have Corrupted the Authentic Text with your $41.00 Corrupted Text! Rather, you actively suppress the Author's words, through distortion, mutilation, and sometimes outright deletion! This is the essence of your Corrupted Text.
You are not the true steward of this book except in your imagination. You will never be the true steward except in your dreams!! All you are is a master manipulator. You'll never be able to take my place as the true steward as much as you wish you could. Whoever believes your bullshit deserves you! :giggle:
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 03-16-2017 at 10:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #50818  
Old 03-16-2017, 02:31 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXXI
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
All you are is a master manipulator.
:blush: I do my best.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-16-2017), Pan Narrans (03-17-2017), Stephen Maturin (03-17-2017), The Man (03-17-2017)
  #50819  
Old 03-16-2017, 07:04 PM
Angakuk's Avatar
Angakuk Angakuk is offline
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: MXCCCLXXXIII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Humble forum? You are all shockingly arrogant!
It is true that we are shockingly arrogant, none more so than yourself. However, the :ff: itself is quite an insignificant and humble little forum. In the world of Forums it is nothing more than a simple little cottage, a bungalow, one might even say a "hovel" of a forum and we like it that way.
__________________
Old Pain In The Ass says: I am on a mission from God to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable; to bring faith to the doubtful and doubt to the faithful. :shakebible:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (03-17-2017), The Man (03-17-2017)
  #50820  
Old 03-16-2017, 09:28 PM
thedoc's Avatar
thedoc thedoc is offline
I'm Deplorable.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: XMMCCCLXXXV
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I don't mind apologizing. Chuck, you did not pirate my audios. I'm sorry for accusing you of this. My bad. :sadcheer:
peacegirl, I accept your apology for your blameful and dishonest false accusation. I wish also that you could apologize to the Author for your Corrupted Text, which is a hurt to the Authentic Text, but alas, it is too late for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I already admitted that I took that part out because of how people have falsely interpreted what he said.
peacegirl, this is another of your lies. Yes, peacegirl, you Corrupted the Authentic Text, that much is clear.

The interesting thing about this particular lie of yours, is that you are the only one who has interpreted this statement in this particular way.

No one interpreted it before, because you suppressed it - deleted it, resected it, redacted it - from both your Corrupted Text and the Tapes. It was not until I, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, rescued the Authentic Text from the obscurity you imposed upon it that it was even restored.

After that, you are the only one who has interpreted it at all! On the one hand you claim without evidence that there is a factual basis for this statement, though you cannot identify what that factual basis would be.

But you say that you did not put it in your book because it "would be misconstrued." Which means that you, in fact, construed it and determined it to be inappropriate for publication. You decided that people shouldn't be allowed to read the Author's own words and make up their own minds! You would replace the Author's judgment with your own!

In short, peacegirl, you are the only one censoring the Author's words! It is you who impute negative meanings to the Author's words, and you who seek to suppress the Author's words on that basis!

peacegirl, this is what you are a Corruptrix, and why your Corrupted Text is Corrupt!

I hope one day that I, as the True Steward of the Authentic Text, will be able to forgive you for the Corruption and damage you have tried to do the Authentic Text. However, though your Corruption is a hurt to the Authentic Text, I do not blame you for it, because I allow for the source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
So listen carefully to all of the tapes and share them with everyone. Then you will have a solid basis for communication that may be progressive and help in this extremely important mission.
peacegirl, I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text. The Authentic Text is the basis for my communication; I am compelled of my own free will to reject your Corrupted Text, for it is Corrupt. We interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I have only tried to share Lessans' observations.
peacegirl, you have only tried to hawk your $41.00 Corrupted Text for lucre! You have no interest in sharing the Author's observations - if you had, you would not have Corrupted the Authentic Text with your $41.00 Corrupted Text! Rather, you actively suppress the Author's words, through distortion, mutilation, and sometimes outright deletion! This is the essence of your Corrupted Text.
You are not the true steward of this book except in your imagination. You will never be the true steward except in your dreams!! All you are is a master manipulator. You'll never be able to take my place as the true steward as much as you wish you could. Whoever believes your bullshit deserves you! :giggle:
Interesting that the closer someone gets to the truth, the more abusive Peacegirl becomes in her replies to that person. Peacegirl has been quite abusive in her responses to ChuckF, so I assume that he has gotten very close to the truth.
__________________
The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you donít know anything about. Wayne Dyer
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-17-2017), The Man (03-17-2017)
  #50821  
Old 03-17-2017, 12:11 AM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMCMXLVII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
In the world of Forums [:ff:] is nothing more than a simple little cottage, a bungalow, one might even say a "hovel" of a forum and we like it that way.
And no one links to us either.
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-17-2017), ChuckF (03-17-2017), The Man (03-17-2017)
  #50822  
Old 03-17-2017, 12:12 AM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMCMXLVII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
All you are is a master manipulator.
:blush: I do my best.
As I see it, the truly remarkable part is how you do it in a manner that brooks no opposition.
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-17-2017), ChuckF (03-17-2017), The Man (03-17-2017), Vivisectus (03-20-2017)
  #50823  
Old 03-17-2017, 01:11 AM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXXI
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
All you are is a master manipulator.
:blush: I do my best.
As I see it, the truly remarkable part is how you do it in a manner that brooks no opposition.
Oh, you guys! As the True Steward of the Authentic Text, I am very touched.

That being said, I must confess that I am very, very satisfied with how my 6 year anniversary gift worked out. I have been sitting on it for a while, figuring out the best way to unspool it, and I was a little worried that peacegirl might catch on at some point before it was ripe. (Thinking about it now, that was not something I ever needed to worry about.)

Aside from moving a little bit faster than I had intended, things went even better than I had hoped! peacegirl's emphatic insistence that she would never, ever accept my help - would rather die than accept my help - just sweetened it.

peacegirl, if you ever wondered, here is the precise moment where I was sure that the rest would play out exactly as I had planned:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I don't want your help.
Hm...let's put a pin in this one for a bit. We'll reassess shortly.
And we did! Right down to the part where you were asking me for help, and I offered it to you for the reasonable cost of $41.00, which is coincidentally the same price as your $41.00 Corrupted Text - did you notice that, peacegirl? I thought that was a nice touch. Of course you declined.

See, the key lay in a basic undeniable mathematical fact of peacegirl's nature: if you give her something to read, she will only understand it to the extent that it confirms whatever she already believes. Any other content or meaning or new information is completely invisible to her, no matter how simply it is expressed, or how plainly evident it is to any other reader. So I was never really worried that peacegirl would actually internalize the content of my questions. Therefore, I asked her the same thing several times before moving on to phase II and the reveal, so I could go back later and point out just how many times she had failed to read the simple, basic English of my posts.

I of course anticipated that peacegirl would blame me for her own failure to comprehend the plain English in front of her (after all, this is her typical MO when she fails to comprehend the plain words of the Authentic Text), but it has been an added treat to see all the ways that she tries to blame me for the fundamental aspect of her character that made the whole thing work in the first place :yup:

I think this is my favorite one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Chuck has played with my head for too long. It's no wonder I didn't register what he was getting at.
:spew: Of course it is no wonder that you didn't register what I was getting at, peacegirl! It did not conform to your pre-existing beliefs, so you were completely unable to perceive it at all. That's what made the whole thing work in the first place!

As the True Steward of the Authentic Text, I am privy to many astute observations about man's nature, so I notice these things.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-17-2017), But (03-17-2017), Stephen Maturin (03-17-2017), The Lone Ranger (03-17-2017), The Man (03-17-2017), Vivisectus (03-20-2017)
  #50824  
Old 03-17-2017, 03:16 AM
thedoc's Avatar
thedoc thedoc is offline
I'm Deplorable.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: XMMCCCLXXXV
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I'm not getting into his claim regarding the eyes again, which you think is false and as a result the anger you have toward me is misplaced.
You project a lot, don't you.
__________________
The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you donít know anything about. Wayne Dyer
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-17-2017)
  #50825  
Old 03-17-2017, 03:23 AM
thedoc's Avatar
thedoc thedoc is offline
I'm Deplorable.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: XMMCCCLXXXV
Default Re: A revolution in thought

The other members of this thread have entirely too much free time, Peacegirl excepted, she has no free time, taking into account her time spent drinking.

If I had her liquor budget as an income, I would burn mine to start a fire in the fireplace.
__________________
The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you donít know anything about. Wayne Dyer
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.67717 seconds with 14 queries