Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Sexuality

Old 11-19-2006, 03:10 AM
Queen?

Default Re: Pretty Girls

I was never considered a pretty girl, but everyone thought of me as cute. I dated some in high school and went to all the dances. I had a major crush and found out later on that his best friend had a major crush on me. I have always thought how sad and what a waste on my part. His best friend was a hunk, football player, and over all great guy. Twirler-football player, yeah sure, high school good thing possibly.
Okay, back to now......while I was losing weight I was wearing my clothes a couple sizes to big most of the time cause I didn't want to be buying clothes all the time. They looked baggy, but when they started to finally slide over my hips without having to unbutton or unzip I would finally take the plunge for new pants and smaller tops. Anyway, this is truly leading up to something, I swear....as my clothes became more fitted it was being noticed by gentlemen with in the department as well as people out and about. I started taking better care of myself and improved my personal grooming habits. Now I go in once every five to six weeks to get my hair colored, eyebrows and upper lip waxed, and a manicure. When it finally came time for the interview for the job that I currently have, I came into the office thirty minutes early, went to my previous desk, putting things together for the interview. I was wearing a black suit, nicely fitted. I walked in the front door of the office building and men were staring at me...no kidding, I went to my desk and as I walked by the conference room which has a row of windows as you walk by, people that were in there for their morning meetings looked up and stared and smiled and stared.....I have to say later as I thought about it/it was a confidence builder, but in the given moment I was totally terrified.....I have not had that kind of reaction from any man since my early twenties....These days it's not about men, it's about feeling good about myself and being the best I can be for me and Dingfod.

Last edited by inland wave; 11-19-2006 at 05:08 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:29 AM
Done

It may be that some of us are not comfortable with that kind of attention. I can't remember ever being at ease with a guy whistling at me or making rude comments. Someone smiling or winking in a friendly manner wouldn't bother me, unless the wink was more like leering. Especially the times when a group of guys were doing it to show off, guys elbowing each other, laughing, or making rude comments. For me it was demeaning.

Of course some women don't mind, I wasn't one of them. Women are as different about likes/dislikes as men are. One size doesn't fit all.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Queen?

I can relate to that PW. You were talking about gray hair eariler. I started graying when I was nineteen and was completely gray at thirtyfive. Most of the time I keep it covered with color. I have very fair skin and the gray washes me out. It seems when the gray goes away my skin actually has a tinge of beige and pink tone to it. I like that and I can wear different color of clothes and they look decent instead of blah.....I guess it is just perception. Dingfod keeps waiting for me to come home with pink or purple hair.....
Old 11-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Struggling to stay sober....

Have you ever come home to Dingfod wearing pink or purple hair is my question, inland wave!???? :giggle: :giggle: :chin: :lecher: :wave:
Old 11-20-2006, 04:26 AM
Queen?

frizzy hair yes and I will never do that again, but pink or purple hair?? No.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:27 AM
Done

You mean the inland wave became a tsunami? :)
Old 11-20-2006, 05:23 AM
A fellow sophisticate

Sue Mommy.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:24 AM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Hey... At least she's not a tidal bore.

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Sexuality