Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 08-11-2016, 10:15 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Default Re: A revolution in thought

So, the vast majority of gay folk are just frustrated heteros that have trouble getting laid, which we know because it was Astutely Observed to be a pattern in human behavior. But they also aren't because there is a huge genetic factor. And this work can be validated by scientists, but not by using the scientific method. Also, Peacegirls dad was perfect, but also human and flawed, he was certainly capable of mistakes, it was just that he never made any because he would have spotted and corrected them.

I really don't know why people are making such a big fuss about all this. I mean it isn't as if we are asked to just assume it works and start applying it.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-12-2016), But (08-11-2016), ceptimus (08-11-2016), ChuckF (08-12-2016), davidm (08-12-2016), Stephen Maturin (08-12-2016), The Lone Ranger (08-11-2016), The Man (08-12-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I chose what I wanted to put in and what I wanted to leave out.
And that is why the Corrupted Text is corrupt.
That does not make my book corrupt Chuck. I only cut out a few things that weren't necessary, but never did I sacrifice his concepts. In fact, most of the text is in his very own words. Now that I cleared this up, what else are you going to try to use against me since this is obviously your goal?

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 08-11-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
So, the vast majority of gay folk are just frustrated heteros that have trouble getting laid, which we know because it was Astutely Observed to be a pattern in human behavior. But they also aren't because there is a huge genetic factor. And this work can be validated by scientists, but not by using the scientific method. Also, Peacegirls dad was perfect, but also human and flawed, he was certainly capable of mistakes, it was just that he never made any because he would have spotted and corrected them.

I really don't know why people are making such a big fuss about all this. I mean it isn't as if we are asked to just assume it works and start applying it.
Oh be quiet Vivisectus. There are environmental causes. Stop turning this important work into a joke or you're next in line to be ignored. If you don't care then just ignore my warning. My father was a flawed human being like all of us. Even Einstein was a flawed human being but it didn't prevent him from making some important discoveries. Just keep that in mind next time you rush to judgement.

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 08-11-2016, 10:35 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That is not why it's corrupt Chuck. I onky cut out a few things that weren't necessary, but never did I sacrifice his concepts. In fact, most of The text is in his very own words. Now that I cleared this up, what else are you going to try to use against me since this is obviously your goal.
peacegirl, it is astounding to see how the Authentic Text agitates you. Why will you not discuss the factual basis of the claims written by the author and made in his lifetime - to the point that you corrupt the text and even the tapes through crude deletion?

peacegirl, how will refusing to discuss the factual basis of claims help the discovery "be found scientifically sound after a thorough investigation?" A "thorough investigation" must begin with an examination of facts and data. If you refuse even that, your refusal dooms the author to obscurity more severely even than your corruption of the Authentic Text. This is the very worst form of paradigm policing - placing certain claims outside of the limits of inquiry. The penalty associated with this form of tabooism is that you permanently fence off this area of scientific investigation of these claims.

peacegirl, why do you do that? peacegirl, why do you declare a taboo and insist that only you are qualified to discuss and reach conclusions on these matters that you have made their own property; that only you are privy to the immense body of knowledge and subtlety of argument necessary fully to understand the complexities of the subject and to reach the ‘right’ conclusion?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-12-2016), davidm (08-12-2016), Stephen Maturin (08-12-2016), The Lone Ranger (08-11-2016), The Man (08-12-2016), Vivisectus (08-12-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That is not why it's corrupt Chuck. I onky cut out a few things that weren't necessary, but never did I sacrifice his concepts. In fact, most of The text is in his very own words. Now that I cleared this up, what else are you going to try to use against me since this is obviously your goal.
peacegirl, it is astounding to see how the Authentic Text agitates you. Why will you not discuss the factual basis of the claims written by the author and made in his lifetime - to the point that you corrupt the text and even the tapes through crude deletion?

peacegirl, how will refusing to discuss the factual basis of claims help the discovery "be found scientifically sound after a thorough investigation?" A "thorough investigation" must begin with an examination of facts and data. If you refuse even that, your refusal dooms the author to obscurity more severely even than your corruption of the Authentic Text. This is the very worst form of paradigm policing - placing certain claims outside of the limits of inquiry. The penalty associated with this form of tabooism is that you permanently fence off this area of scientific investigation of these claims.

peacegirl, why do you do that? peacegirl, why do you declare a taboo and insist that onlyyou are qualified to discuss and reach conclusions on these matters that you have made their own property; that only you are privy to the immense body of knowledge and subtlety of argument necessary fully to understand the complexities of the subject and to reach the ‘right’ conclusion?
Would you please stop wearing my name out? Address my name once, not more than that. It's disrespectful which is why you're doing it. I will answer your questions shortly but you need to hear my complaint. Thanking you in advance.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:41 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Oh be quiet Vivisectus. There are environmental causes. Stop turning this important work into a joke or you're next in line to be ignored. If you don't care then just ignore my warning. My father was a flawed human being like all of us. Even Einstein was a flawed human being but it didn't prevent him from making some important discoveries. Just keep that in mind next time you rush to judgement.
Yes, Vivisectus, let us keep this in mind.

peacegirl, I agree that we should not privilege Einstein's claims over the author's simply because one was Einstein and the other was not. Surely it is fairest to approach them with equal scrutiny. Einstein's important discoveries were - and continue to be - the subject of thorough investigation and inquiry. We can identify the factual basis for his claims, and that data that substantiate them.

peacegirl, this is what I have attempted to do here, in this thread. I seek to learn the factual basis for the claim that "98% of homo-sexual intercourse comes into existence only because boys and girls are denied the opportunity to indulge with the opposite sex and fall in love." I want to know what data support that claim - because that is how we know whether it represents an important discovery, like Einstein's.

Here we are, attempting to initiate a thorough scientific investigation of a claim advanced in the Authentic Text as written by the author and published in his lifetime - don't you agree that author's text demands a thorough scientific investigation?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-12-2016), But (03-21-2018), davidm (08-12-2016), Stephen Maturin (08-12-2016), The Lone Ranger (08-11-2016), The Man (08-12-2016), Vivisectus (08-12-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 10:43 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Would you please stop wearing my name out? Address my name once, not more than that. It's disrespectful which is why you're doing it. I will answer your questions shortly but you need to hear my complaint. Thanking you in advance.
peacegirl, I have read your complaint. I think I will continue to post whatever I wish. Thank you, peacegirl.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-12-2016), davidm (08-12-2016), The Lone Ranger (08-11-2016), The Man (08-12-2016), Vivisectus (08-12-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
peacegirl, I have read your complaint. I think I will continue to post whatever I wish. Thank you, peacegirl.
Chuck, I'm glad you understood my complaint. It's a form of sarcasm. You know this as well as I. If you disregard my legitimate complaint and post my name too many times, we don't have to converse. It's really that simple.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:42 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

peacegirl, that is your business, not mine. Whether we converse is immaterial to me - I do not need your Corrupted Text to investigate the Authentic Text.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-12-2016), davidm (08-12-2016), The Man (08-12-2016), Vivisectus (08-12-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 11:53 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Just keep that in mind next time you rush to judgement.
After 4 1/2 years I don't thing anyone can be accused of rushing to judgement, everyone has had years to consider the arguments for and against Lessans claims. At this point there is little question that Lessans was wrong.
Angakuk (08-12-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 11:55 PM

Quote:
peacegirl, that is your business, not mine. Whether we converse is immaterial to me - I do not need your Corrupted Text to investigate the Authentic Text.
Great! I will send people the original books for all who want them although they are limited editions. So everyone, get them while you can. They may be worth millions one day. I'm being serious. And I'm being serious with you right now. Ignore my request and we're finished.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:57 PM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
Quote:
Great! I will send people the original books for all who want them although they are limited editions. So everyone, get them while you can. They may be worth millions one day. I'm very serious. And In being serious with you right now. Ignore my request and were done.
You don't even have the original authentic text.

We established that when you made up all sorts of bogus excuses for not posting a scanned page.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:00 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

peacegirl, if you have the Authentic Text (rather than some scanned images you found on the internet), what you do with it is your business, not mine.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-12-2016), The Man (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Peacegirl is right. Overusing her name, 'Peacegirl', is disrespectful and if you keep overusing the term 'Peacegirl' then there will be no more 'Peacegirl' left for you to post, as 'Peacegirl' will be all worn out and used up. So you should respect Peacegirl's wishes, and not overuse the name 'Peacegirl'. I find that a better alternative is to substitute an equivalent term occasionally, such as 'dumbass', 'dingbat', or 'fucking idiot'. It reads better and Peacegirl will thank you for it.
Angakuk (08-12-2016), davidm (08-12-2016), The Lone Ranger (08-12-2016), The Man (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 12:02 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Great! I will send people the original books for all who want them although they are limited editions. So everyone, get them while you can. They may be worth millions one day. I'm being serious. And I'm being serious with you right now. Ignore my request and we're finished.
What you have is worth exactly what people have been willing to pay for it, and that is all it will ever be worth, "nothing at all".

Exactly how thick is the book, in case one of the legs falls off my couch, I might need something to prop it up.
Angakuk (08-12-2016), davidm (08-12-2016), The Man (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 12:07 AM

Hey, Peacegirl Fucktard (you're welcome), have you worked out coherent answers yet to any of the following?

How did you go about distinguishing between Lessans' errors that needed removing from the text, and his 100% accurate astute observations that couldn't possibly be wrong?

How will the changed conditions prevent harms resulting from the unaddressed justification of rational self-interest?

What traveling have your magical photons (at the retina at 12:00) done, and when could they ever have been located at the Sun, where you claim they came from?
Angakuk (08-12-2016), davidm (08-12-2016), The Lone Ranger (08-12-2016), The Man (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 12:22 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Even Einstein was a flawed human being but it didn't prevent him from making some important discoveries.
Yes, and one of his most important discoveries was relativity theory, which absolutely depends on real-time seeing being false.

Quote:
Just keep that in mind the next time you open your yap and blab like the idiot that you. :taunt:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-12-2016), But (03-21-2018), The Lone Ranger (08-12-2016), The Man (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Hey, Peacegirl Fucktard (you're welcome), have you worked out coherent answers yet to any of the following?

How did you go about distinguishing between Lessans' errors that needed removing from the text, and his 100% accurate astute observations that couldn't possibly be wrong?

How will the changed conditions prevent harms resulting from the unaddressed justification of rational self-interest?

What traveling have your magical photons (at the retina at 12:00) done, and when could they ever have been located at the Sun, where you claim they came from?
Do you not understand anything Spacemonkey? I'm truly shocked by your question. There is absolutely no way you could have read this book in earnest. That means everything you have ever said in this thread is scrapped. Sorry Spacemonkey but it is what it is and you're crying foul will do you no good. Hate me, you already do. It can't get any worse.

Last edited by peacegirl; 08-12-2016 at 12:38 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post

Do you not understand anything Spacemonkey? I'm truly shocked by your question. There is absolutely no way you could have read this book in earnest. That means everything you have ever said in this thread is scrapped. Sorry Spacemonkey but it is what it is and you're crying foul will do you no good. Hate me, you already do. It can't get any worse. ��
Which question shocks you? None of them are new, so none of them should come as any surprise at all. Unless of course you are just faking shock as a sad and transparent excuse for evading them once more. :chin:
Angakuk (08-12-2016), The Lone Ranger (08-12-2016), The Man (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 12:50 AM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

So peacegirl, why does spacecraft navigation work? How can NASA make pinpoint landings if the planets are tens of thousands of kilometers away from where they think they are?
Thanks, from:
Old 08-12-2016, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Quote:
Even Einstein was a flawed human being but it didn't prevent him from making some important discoveries.
Yes, and one of his most important discoveries was relativity theory, which absolutely depends on real-time seeing being false.

Quote:
Just keep that in mind the next time you open your yap and blab like the idiot that you. :taunt:
People, this comes down to life and death. Trust this guy and mankind dies literally. Scary, huh? Be careful who you listen to.

Thanks, from:
davidm (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
So peacegirl, why does spacecraft navigation work? How can NASA make pinpoint landings if the planets are tens of thousands of kilometers away from where they think they are?
They work because they track light. I don't see any conflict.

Old 08-12-2016, 01:11 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Trust this guy and mankind dies literally. Scary, huh?
:yes!:

FINALLY I get a potential new user name!

"Trust me and mankind dies literally. Scary, huh?" :deal:

Eat your heart out, Maturin. :yup:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (08-12-2016), But (08-12-2016), Stephen Maturin (08-12-2016), The Man (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 01:14 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Quote:
:lol:

No, of course you don't. :pat:

Even though we showed you the math of how much a spacecraft would miss Mars by if we listened to Lessans and used real-time seeing to calculate trajectories to that planet. As we have explained, the discrepancies would get even worse with celestial bodies farther away from earth, like Pluto. Yet recently we sent a spacecraft with pinpoint precision to Pluto, based precisely on calculations using delayed time seeing.

But you don't see any conflict.

That's because you're a liar, a fraud and an idiot.
Thanks, from:
Old 08-12-2016, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Quote:
Quote:
:lol:

No, of course you don't. :pat:

Even though we showed you the math of how much a spacecraft would miss Mars by if we listened to Lessans and used real-time seeing to calculate trajectories to that planet. As we have explained, the discrepancies would get even worse with celestial bodies farther away from earth, like Pluto. Yet recently we sent a spacecraft with pinpoint precision to Pluto, based precisely on calculations using delayed time seeing.
Sad but this what you're compelled to do to keep any semblance of cognitive dissonance. Don't lie David.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's
But you don't see any conflict.

That's because you're a liar, a fraud and an idiot.
You're losing ground and you know it. Hence the escalation. This is so predictable, it's not at all surprising.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy