Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 06-02-2016, 11:53 PM
Always keep cool.

Default Re: Being gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumb View Post
You need your body to live and indeed exist, but what you feel that also makes your identity is all you need your body to be aware of what you feel.......

You, your true identity IS not even gay,straight, bisexual, male , female , a religion or even a race......

So being gay does not tell someone how you are as person, but only how you have sex.............
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON IS THE MASTER !!
Old 06-03-2016, 12:07 AM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
It is challenging and perhaps impossible ever to know the mind of another.

I don't know if I am in control of my brain and my thoughts, or if my brain and my thoughts are in control of me. I don't know where to draw the line between the two. As for who "me" is - this is the question that I daily try to answer. Some days I feel like I get closer to the answer, and other days I feel like I make no progress at all.
You are in control of your brain, you yourself are saying something to me, and i love your being candid.

Who is you? Well let me see, candid, SS Minno, let's say, reserved, somewhat older..........

For myself is important is getting to know the person, what you love, what you like to do, what you are good at, what your peculiar characteristics are, what your bad habits are, what you dislike, what you like to eat, what kind of hobbies you have, how do you see life,

But you know this about yourself ChuckF, this is you, but others indeed can see much more better who ChuckF is, and honest , almost all the times i can not see myself in the mirror, but it is just true ChuckF, if somebody looks you in your eyes, they can see WAY MORE OF YOU then you can see in the mirror........
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

Old 06-03-2016, 01:47 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Old 06-03-2016, 01:47 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Old 06-04-2016, 02:49 AM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post

Who are you, does not have a face, but only has what you feel

the way you have sex is of course not you

the way you believe is of course not you,

and what your gender is, is of course not you

Old 06-04-2016, 03:42 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
who are you, does not have a face, but only has what you feel
the way you have sex is of course not you
the way you believe is of course not you,
and what your gender is, is of course not you
Wrong, all these things make you what you are, they are part of you. It is extreme stupidity to deny the characteristics that make you what you are.
ShottleBop (06-05-2016), The Man (06-07-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 03:43 AM
I'm Deplorable.

It seems that Awareness is not really aware of anything, he's just living in a dream world.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:32 AM
Forum Killer

Quote:
Being gay is even older than Jesus thedoc, but i still think it is a choice, maybe that is the problem, you think being gay is evolutionary, treading on new grounds, being very special?
I can't fathom homosexuality being a choice. Think about it and turn it around. I don't see the logic in it. In a romantic context, I think women look appealing, while men look gross and threatening. Not a decision I made, never anything I was told, just something I realized one day. Such a perspective isn't completely without precedent in the human world, or the natural world for that matter.

Starting from that, it's easy to imagine that people who flip the opposite direction must have something very strange going on in their head, but the more I'm exposed to them, the more familiar they seem. They love. They argue. They fight, make up, kiss, marry, divorce, date, get caught up in whirlwinds of infatuation then wonder what they could possibly have seen in someone, have hobbies, go on vacations, hate their jobs, the whole nine yards -- and do so for familiar reasons. They're not living a homosexual lifestyle, simply a human one. They're no more -- or less -- screwed up and just as complex. The preferences I feel are viscerally hardwired into me aren't shared by just everyone, even if mine are the majority.

Nor is it something "cool" to explore. There is still and probably be for a long time an intense stigma around it for a variety of reasons. They still murder them regularly in some parts of the world and sporadically around here. There aren't many of them who'd have chosen a sexual preference which ostracizes them.

Even if one were intensely cynical enough to switch teams just because they couldn't find a woman... It wouldn't work. Funny thing, a jerk is still a jerk no matter which team they're batting on.

Could you decide one day, "I wonder what it'd be like to be romantically attracted to men. I haven't lived that perspective before. Perhaps, having not lived that perspective, I don't have the right to judge it and should try living it first.". It's possible, according to what you say. In the interests of understanding, it might even be a good idea. Why don't you? I suspect if you try, you'll find it won't be that easy to go against your preferences. It's not a switch.

Quote:
So when you are in love as a man and a woman you are able to transcend when you are doing it, trying to reach each other's identity, each other's soul.
Why?

This does not follow.

You skipped from A to C without explaining B -- why you think the homosexual experience is less "transcendent" than the heterosexual one. It's only obvious that you'd find it less so. (Until you make the choice to be gay, of course.)

Last edited by Corona688; 06-04-2016 at 05:45 AM.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (06-04-2016), Pan Narrans (06-04-2016), Stormlight (06-04-2016), The Man (06-07-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 07:02 PM
Always keep cool.

[quote=Corona688;1261221]
Quote:
Being gay is even older than Jesus thedoc, but i still think it is a choice, maybe that is the problem, you think being gay is evolutionary, treading on new grounds, being very special?

Quote:
I can't fathom homosexuality being a choice.
At least you said you can not, and i say it is just a mere choice !!

Quote:
Think about it and turn it around. I don't see the logic in it. In a romantic context, I think women look appealing, while men look gross and threatening. Not a decision I made, never anything I was told, just something I realized one day. Such a perspective isn't completely without precedent in the human world, or the natural world for that matter.
Look, liking someone or loving some one is not being gay.

Liking and loving the body of the opposite sex is natural,

and once you like and love the body of your dear friend that is gay.

Even if one were intensely cynical enough to switch teams just because they couldn't find a woman... It wouldn't work. Funny thing, a jerk is still a jerk no matter which team they're batting on.

I haven't lived that perspective before. Perhaps, having not lived that perspective, I don't have the right to judge it and should try living it first.". It's possible, according to what you say. In the interests of understanding, it might even be a good idea. Why don't you? I suspect if you try, you'll find it won't be that easy to go against your preferences. It's not a switch.

Quote:
So when you are in love as a man and a woman you are able to transcend when you are doing it, trying to reach each other's identity, each other's soul.
Why?

If you can not get what i explained here, then you are just beating around the bush so i would maybe get lost in it, trying to explain and you just do not want to listen??

Quote:
This does not follow.
Well follow it again word for word, and then i will explain it again !!!

Quote:
You skipped from A to C without explaining B -- why you think the homosexual experience is less "transcendent" than the heterosexual one. It's only obvious that you'd find it less so. (Until you make the choice to be gay, of course.)
Which love is actually stronger between men, with sex or totally without sex....

TRUTH OR MAKE BELIEVE...... Only man and woman can reach others soul when having sex

With men it is just a hobby, or between women

Old 06-06-2016, 07:42 AM
Always keep cool.

So an update for everybody , just to be clear.....

Being gay, being a homo SEXUAL , as the words are saying, is the love for the body of your own sex instead of the opposite sex...

But most of all it is a choice, and it is not because of sickness, not because of a disorder, is of sound mind and body .

With thinking everything is possible, and what you feel for someone in your heart is for every living human being, because it can not discriminate, only your brain can.......

Old 06-07-2016, 05:15 PM
(((The Spartacus of Anatevka)))

Quote:
Which love is actually stronger between men, with sex or totally without sex....
Depends on the men in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness
TRUTH OR MAKE BELIEVE...... Only man and woman can reach others soul when having sex

With men it is just a hobby, or between women
Make-believe. To deny that a man can reach another man's soul while having sex, or that a woman can so reach another woman's soul, is to deny them the reality of their own emotions and selves. You seem to be telling us "to be ourselves," but that, unless we're "ourselves" in a way that YOU consider authentic, we must somehow be looking in the wrong mirror.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-08-2016), Ari (06-08-2016)
Old 06-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Always keep cool.

Getting lonely DICK ? Do you have a nice fat reply ??

Old 06-07-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Getting lonely DICK ? Do you have a nice fat reply ??
Is resorting to name-calling really "keeping it cool"? I think not.

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-08-2016), The Man (06-07-2016)
Old 06-08-2016, 05:42 AM
Always keep cool.

I s it a good one Shuttlebup, signal if you want to truly debate ? Hey , and it is about being gay......after all this time you still want to talk?

Old 06-08-2016, 05:57 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

We have no souls. What youre reaching is called a cervix, also stop poking it.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:31 AM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
We have no souls. What youre reaching is called a cervix, also stop poking it.
You are dead wrong Ari,

When two people , a man and a woman get to know each other, they fall in love, they fall in love with each other's quirks and personalities.

Now these each other's quirks and personalities want to meet each other......their soul if you will.

They are so in love, so HAPPY with each other, and at first want to hug real hard, until their body and bones hurt.........

But have no fear Ari, they have each other's sex , which of course fit's perfect as hell !!

And so when having sex, which they are actually just not bothered with, but all the more with answering their love.

This is the only way people SHOULD use sex, but not playing around like a couple of chimpanzees......

No hastle no shame, no try outs, no rape, no abuse, just answering each other's love......

Conditioning minds can also be done in a right way, because that is our society today, it conditions minds, you are just not free and have no will at all, and the pleasure is of course 50 times better.......

For myself is loving a man just also wonderful , it could happen. But just not eros, which is so lame for myself and would break the love for somebody.......sex is only for a man and a woman, and as you see , love is OF COURSE FOR EVERY HUMAN BEING.........

Last edited by Awareness; 06-08-2016 at 07:05 AM. Reason: hurt
Old 06-08-2016, 08:27 AM
Quality Contributor

Quote:
sex is only for a man and a woman
Again: WHO DECIDES THAT? You?
Old 06-08-2016, 08:55 AM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormlight View Post
Quote:

Tickle me pick again Stormlight, you are so wonderful and not hurting at all.

No of course not me, that is creepy if i said i.........

Sex is only for a man and a woman when you are human, but in these modern times anything is possible..........to have a baby.......

Having sex in the first place is to have a baby

Old 06-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Quality Contributor

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sex is only for a man and a woman when you are human, but in these modern times anything is possible..........to have a baby.......

So if it's not you, who decides that sex is only for a man and a woman? God?
Old 06-08-2016, 01:32 PM
Always keep cool.

[quote=Stormlight;1261644]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So if it's not you, who decides that sex is only for a man and a woman? God?[/QUOTE]

Funny you should say that Stormlight, i wanted to bring God in the picture, you see after all God made us, which is my belief.

You know, God made sex real good so that humans, man, would have offspring, so that humans would have sex. That is the answer Stormlight, but i said this a long time ago on the FF. Man does not even HAVE to think, he just does it, by seeing boobs and woman's asses.

Little accidents like getting pregnant is always the most highest procentage.

Planned children is and always was lower.

Last edited by Awareness; 06-08-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:58 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

It now seems like you are saying that gay sex is bad because it is.. what? Unnatural? Not according to God's plan?

Does that not seem presumptuous? To claim to know how God wants things to go? To claim to know what is natural and what is not? That sounds like one of those mental dividing lines that you keep telling us do not exist, in all caps.

I myself am a massively opinionated guy who happily pontificates away about stuff based on next to no knowledge, experience, or expertise, while continuously accusing other people of doing just that, but even I am baffled at the enormity of this combination of hubris and hypocrisy. Is that not exactly the kind of thing that upsets you so much in other people? This kind of mental pigeon-holing, the blindness that is caused when people see categories rather than individuals?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-09-2016), ShottleBop (06-08-2016), The Man (06-08-2016)
Old 06-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Always keep cool.

[quote=Vivisectus;1261665]
Quote:
It now seems like you are saying that gay sex is bad because it is.. what? Unnatural? Not according to God's plan?
I thank you Vivisectus, for your reply, but...........where does it say that men whom are gay is bad ? Being gay is for myself loving the sex with your own sex, so gay sex also does not exist......

In the first place is see a person before me , a whole person, how he or she acts or has sex is their choice..........

Quote:
Does that not seem presumptuous? To claim to know the how God wanted things to go? To claim to know what is natural and what is not?
It is a deduction Vivisectus, making sex real yummy is not for you or for me or for mankind, it is to get children, God already said goodby and go forth, so we are forth Vivisectus......

Quote:
That sounds like one of those mental dividing lines that you keep telling us do not exist, in all caps.
Hey , have you seen the world lately , is it sane or insane ?
And some of you guys are so pompous, just shooting pot shots........

I have my respect for you..........but what do you think?

And hence you have a view about me okay it is kind of nice actually :

Quote:
I myself am a massively opinionated guy who happily pontificates away about stuff based on next to no knowledge, experience, or expertise, while continuously accusing other people of doing just that, but even I am baffled at the enormity of this combination of hubris and hypocrisy. Is that not exactly the kind of thing that upsets you so much in other people? This kind of mental pigeon-holing, the blindness that is caused when people see categories rather than individuals?
How about quoting me and explaining my hybris and hypocrisy ??

Then i will know, and maybe i'll give in .

Old 06-08-2016, 03:35 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Quote:
I thank you Vivisectus, for your reply, but...........where does it say that men whom are gay is bad ? Being gay is for myself loving the sex with your own sex, so gay sex also does not exist......
I never said that: I just said it seems you feel gay sex is bad or unnatural.

Quote:
Quote:
Does that not seem presumptuous? To claim to know the how God wanted things to go? To claim to know what is natural and what is not?
It is a deduction Vivisectus, making sex real yummy is not for you or for me or for mankind, it is to get children, God already said goodby and go forth, so we are forth Vivisectus......
Right - so you know what god meant when he invented sex. That seems presumptuous to me, and the same thing you keep protesting against.

Quote:
See above. On the one hand you decry the mental pigeonholes you imagine other people use, but then you happily apply your own - and this one is based on the claim that you know what God intended sex for.

Both hubris, and hypocrisy.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-09-2016), The Man (06-08-2016), Watser? (06-08-2016)
Old 06-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Always keep cool.

[quote=Vivisectus;1261672]
Quote:
I never said that: I just said it seems you feel gay sex is bad or unnatural.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Right - so you know what god meant when he invented sex. That seems presumptuous to me, and the same thing you keep protesting against.

Presumptious is giving a license to kill your self,
presumptious is changing your body so that your heart will feel okay,
presumptious is not wanting at all to know a girl and celebrate love while she is just a person like anybody else.....
presumptious is not able to speak republican while you are a democrat, and of course visa versa

Quote:

See above. On the one hand you decry the mental pigeonholes you imagine other people use, but then you happily apply your own - and this one is based on the claim that you know what God intended sex for.

Both hubris, and hypocrisy.
So little Vivisectus

Old 06-08-2016, 06:17 PM

Presumptuous is calling yourself "awareness," when, in fact, you're wearing a big, honkin' set of blinders.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-09-2016), Ari (06-08-2016), JoeP (06-08-2016), The Man (06-08-2016), Watser? (06-08-2016)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy