Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Old 07-25-2015, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingfod View Post
:roflmao:
Is goofiness what you resort to when you can't defend your position? :yup:

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 07-25-2015, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

We need to talk

VaxTruth.org | Video: We Need To Talk…

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 07-25-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
I have to note that the explosive increase in the number of chiropractic "doctors" in the United States corresponds directly with the increase in autism prevalence in the United States:
Quote:
They note the explosive per capita growth of chiropractic doctors from six per 10,000 population in 1970 to 19.2 per 100,000 in 1994 [. . .] Based on current and projected enrollments in chiropractic institutions and other factors, the trend predicts there will be 33.2 chiropractors per 100,000 population by the year 2010. In fact, the actual number of chiropractors will double.
With so many chiropractors, why is the U.S. number 24 in infant mortality?
Quote:
AUTISM PREVALENCE in the United States has soared. In 1970, Treffert et. al. published the first known autism prevalence study in the United States, Epidemiology of Infantile Autism, with an autism prevalence rate of less than 1 per 10,000. In 1987, Burd et. al. published a study, A prevalence study of pervasive developmental disorders in North Dakota, showing an autism rate of 3.3 per 10,000. In 2007, the Centers for Disease Control’s Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network released data showing that prevalence of autism had grown to 66 per 10,000 or 1 in 150, an increase of more than 6,000% from the 1970 study.
It's also interesting to note that rates of autism and infant mortality in places like Iceland are much lower than in the United States, and that the number of chiropractors in Iceland is also much, much lower than in the United States:
Quote:
There are 5 chiropractors practicing in Iceland.
This appears to lend credibility to the theory that the practice of chiropractic "medicine" is linked to the U.S. epidemic of autism, particularly when compared to the published autism rates of other countries. Urgent additional study is required.

peacegirl, I think you need to due your due diligence on chiropractors, because right now you are playing Russian Roulette with your children's lives.
Infant mortality rates regressed against number of vaccine doses routinely given: Is there a biochemical or synergistic toxicity?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3170075/

Old 07-25-2015, 07:27 PM
Name Dropper

Science: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24814559
Old 07-25-2015, 07:27 PM
Name Dropper

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
:roflmao:
Is goofiness what you resort to when you can't defend your position? :yup:
Fuck off and die, bitch.

No, apparently I can resort to nastiness too.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:56 PM
here to bore you with pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfry n. glad View Post
The point is that amongst all the vaccines on the present schedule, some are valuable and worthwhile, while others are dubious and at least one is an outright fraud and an ongoing scam.
Out of curiosity, which one is an ongoing scam?
Old 07-25-2015, 10:57 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

I have to commend peacegirl for finally recognizing that if she is to make a living as a professional crank she's going to have to adopt more lucrative forms of crackpottery.
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (08-08-2015), But (07-25-2015), chunksmediocrites (08-15-2015), LadyShea (07-26-2015), SharonDee (07-27-2015), The Man (08-04-2015), vremya (07-26-2015), Watser? (07-26-2015)
Old 07-26-2015, 01:10 AM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Quote:
The point is that amongst all the vaccines on the present schedule, some are valuable and worthwhile, while others are dubious and at least one is an outright fraud and an ongoing scam.
godfrey really hates flu shots
Old 07-26-2015, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Russian Roulette is a one in six chance of blowing your brains out. The risk is not at all comparable. And the reward is much greater.
You're entitled to your opinion, but you're not entitled to force your opinion on me.
WRONG! Because science.
This is science. This is not voo doo.

86 Research Papers Supporting the Vaccine/Autism Link
Did you go through each of the 86 papers yourself to verify the findings and methodology?
Old 07-26-2015, 01:32 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
You didn't watch it.
"You didn't watch it", "You didn't read it", tried and true Peacegirl evasion.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vremya View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vremya View Post
Since June 2007, there have been more than 9,000 preventable deaths and 149,900 preventable illnesses due to non-vaccination. And how many autism diagnoses scientifially linked to vaccinations? ZERO.

Nine thousand people didn't have to die
There are hundreds of papers linking autism to vaccines. It's not just thimerosal that is being looked into. They are finding a link between vaccines that were made from fetal cell contamination. Whatever the cause, there are too many "coincidences" for there not to be a connection.
You are wrong.
Dr. Deisher testifies on the connection between vaccines and rising rates of autism

Dr. Deisher testifies on the connection between vaccines and rising rates of autism (1 of 4). - YouTube

Dr. Deisher has a pro life agenda. She is less worried about autism than she is about the current cell line that came from aborted tissue decades ago.

Quote:
A biotech firm has announced it will offer ethical alternatives to some of the vaccines that currently rely on the use of fetal tissue form abortions. The Seattle-based AVM Biotechnology says it will produce ethical alternatives in the fields of biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and vaccine development.

The news gives hope to pro-life people who have been reluctant to use some vaccines because their development came as a result of the destruction of unborn children

“We will be working to bring commercially available, morally acceptable, vaccines to the US market and to use existing technology to produce new morally certified vaccines,” says Dr. Theresa Deisher, the research and development director for AVM.

AVM stands for, by the way, Ave Maria, although the surgeon in me can’t help but think “arteriovenous malformation” when I see those initials.
Quote:
In any case, there’s nothing like having a competing set of vaccine products to motivate one to find reasons to tear down the existing vaccines by any means necessary. Moreover, lest anyone doubt that the motivations for this are purely religious rather than scientific, get a load of what Dr. Deisher has said about “tainted knowledge“:
Deisher hopes to avoid even treatments developed with tainted knowledge — knowledge derived from research using aborted fetal material, such as embryonic stem cells.

“It would be like using the research results on hypothermia from Nazi Germany that involved murdering people,” she said
Thermonuclear stupid about vaccines from someone other than Jenny McCarthy – Respectful Insolence

She also doesn't appear to have any expertise in vaccines or autism, and her research methodology was bad

Quote:
So why is Deisher making such ridiculous claims? Who is she? She describes herself on her company’s website thusly:
Dr. Deisher is an internationally renowned expert in the field of adult stem cell therapies and regenerative medicine, bringing 17 years of practice in senior scientific and corporate leadership positions concerning research, discovery, production and commercialization of human therapeutics. Tracy has earned numerous prestigious honors and awards for her pioneering scientific discovery and her distinguished scientific research has resulted in 23 patents issued in her name with such illustrious biotech organizations as Amgen, where she was named Principal Scientist, ZymoGenetics, Repligen and Immunex.
Stem cells. It had to be stem cells.

I wanted to see what sort of publication this “internationally renowned expert” had generated; so I did a PubMed search. What did I find? Only 19 publications, all in low to mid-tier journals. Hardly the material of an “internationally renowned expert.” She does have a number of patents, along with others, but none of them appear to be related to vaccines or stem cells. Indeed, most of them look to be gene patents, in which a gene, DNA sequences, or various homologs were patented, as biotech companies often try to do. Again, there doesn’t appear to be anything there to suggest expertise in vaccines.
Further reading
Religious fundamentalists try to prove fetal DNA in vaccines causes autism and fail – Respectful Insolence

Problems with Deisher’s study Part I: The numbers |
Quote:
Quote:
I can’t do that because you, my brothers and sisters in Christ, deserve to know how badly you are being deceived by a study that is so abominable, it would be an insult to bad science to call it bad science. Just eyeballing the data, this seems reasonable; there is a very low slope from 1970 until we start approaching 1990 and then AD diagnoses skyrocket. Yet, Deisher claims that there were two change points—1980.9 and 1988.4 in the CA data. What was the rationale? “2 change points…resulted in a better fit of the data”.
Quote:
Bottom line: Deisher’s change points for the United States are clearly artifacts of a poor/invalid statistical approach.
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (08-15-2015), The Man (08-04-2015), vremya (07-26-2015)
Old 07-26-2015, 01:48 AM

Quote:
They pose an unnecessary risk to children who may never be exposed to the diseases they were intended to prevent with the very real possibility that with so many vaccines given in so short a time, children could develop a chronic immune deficiency, a neurological deficit, or worse. These are illnesses that are on the rise, and you cannot just say it's all coincidence.
Which illnesses, specifically, are on the rise? How do you know? What are the statistics? This is a very vague assertion here.

I asked you that many times before, and you weaseled every time. You even flat out refused to state whether autism rates had risen, declined, or stayed steady over the last decade.
Quote:
These chronic conditions are not seen in the unvaccinated population.
What specific chronic conditions are not found in unvaccinated people? Are you saying unvaccinated people are never autistic, or allergic? How do you know that to be true?

Quote:
That should be a reason for concern.
It would be if it were true. You need to show some strong evidence to support that claim though.
Thanks, from:
The Man (08-04-2015)
Old 07-26-2015, 02:25 AM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Shea has it. I detest the whole 'influenza vaccine' program.

I pretty much follow what Dr. Tom Jefferson and the Cochrane Collaboration indicate regarding influenza vaccines. Here is Dr. Jefferson's interview with Time. Here is Dr. Jefferson's statement on influenza vaccines. Dr Jefferson's work can be found online in the Cochrane Library; once there, just search using 'influenza vaccine'. Susan Brownlee's article in the Atlantic magazine was enlightening for me.
Thanks, from:
specious_reasons (07-26-2015)
Old 07-26-2015, 02:35 AM
here to bore you with pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Quote:
godfrey really hates flu shots
The flu shot is a much bigger gamble than other vaccines... a lot of that has to do with the nature of the influenza virus itself.

I wouldn't call it a scam.
Thanks, from:
The Man (08-04-2015)
Old 07-26-2015, 02:51 AM

Read the Jefferson cites.

It is an exceedingly ineffective vaccine which relies upon guesswork as to which of many influenza viruses will be most virulent in the coming outbreak season and then on happenstance with the development of the vaccines in hopes that the match of the vaccines is good for the prevailing viral infections. Jefferson notes that even if the guesswork of WHO was 100% accurate and the CDC's directives for the manufacturers were spot on for the four vaccines, only 7 to 15% of the total viral load for 'influenza-like illnesses' would be addressed. This is because there are more that 200 different viral strains which cause influenza-like illnesses ('the flu'), and most of them will NOT be affected by a vaccine developed to address specific strains of influenza. Each and every citizen is required to vaccinate each and every year with something which is that ineffective, and be told that "it will protect you and your loved ones from 'the flu'"...If that is not a scam, I don't know what is. Jefferson has an alternate recommendation, too.

Last edited by godfry n. glad; 07-26-2015 at 04:51 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
They pose an unnecessary risk to children who may never be exposed to the diseases they were intended to prevent with the very real possibility that with so many vaccines given in so short a time, children could develop a chronic immune deficiency, a neurological deficit, or worse. These are illnesses that are on the rise, and you cannot just say it's all coincidence.
Which illnesses, specifically, are on the rise? How do you know? What are the statistics? This is a very vague assertion here.
There are no illnesses on the rise due to many of these scourges declining long before mass vaccinations were introduced. The little outbreak of measles was not an epidemic. It was used to scare people. Ironically, it is the vaccinated children who are shedding these illnesses, not the unvaccinated.

Quote:
I asked you that many times before, and you weaseled every time. You even flat out refused to state whether autism rates had risen, declined, or stayed steady over the last decade.
Autism rates have increased during times of change points (which is explained in the following video). If you're interested in this subject, I urge watch it. These are not anecdotal accounts by parents, which also have immense observational value.
Quote:
What specific chronic conditions are not found in unvaccinated people? Are you saying unvaccinated people are never autistic, or allergic? How do you know that to be true?

Quote:
Quote:
It would be if it were true. You need to show some strong evidence to support that claim though.
You may say there is no real proof of causation, but it's enough for many to be extremely concerned.

Vaccinated Children 5 Times More Likely To Suffer From A Range Of Diseases

In September 2011, German researchers carrying out a longitudinal study surveyed a total of 8000 unvaccinated children from the ages of 0 –19. As with the New Zealand study, researchers collected their data by conducting a survey using questionnaires. [2]

Results showed that vaccinated children were up to five times more likely to suffer from a variety of diseases and disorders than unvaccinated children. Their results were compared to another German study (KiGGS), which examined a larger sample group consisting of 17,461 participants between the ages of 0 –17. Dr. Andreas Bachair, a German classical homeopathic practitioner, responsible for collecting the results of the survey from the website vaccineinjury.info stated that:

“Asthma, hay fever and neurodermatitis are seen very frequently today. A recent German study with 17461 children between 0-17 years of age (KIGGS) showed that 4.7% of these children suffer from asthma, 10.7% of these children from hay fever and 13.2% from neurodermatitis. These numbers differ in western countries, i.e. the prevalence of asthma among children in the US is 6% whereas it is 14-16% in Australia (Australia’s Health 2004, AIHW).

The prevalence of asthma among unvaccinated children in our study is around 2.5%, hay fever, 3%, and neurodermatitis, 7%. According to the KIGGS study more than 40% of children between the ages of 3 and 17 years were sensitized against at least one allergen tested (20 common allergens were tested) and 22.9% had an allergic disease. Although we did not perform a blood test, around 10% stated that their children had an allergy.” [3]

(As this study is a longitudinal study, the number of children being studied has since risen to 13,222. To join the study, you can fill in the questionnaire provided by clicking on the link listed as the third reference at the end of this article.) Although there were four cases of autism reported among unvaccinated children, Dr. Bachair reported that:

“Of these 4 children one tested very high for metals (mercury, aluminium, arsenic); in another case the mother was tested very high for mercury.”

However, this number pales into insignificance when we compare it to the 1 in 88 children currently being reported as autistic by the CDC. [4]

Other Conditions Found To Be Almost Non-Existent In Unvaccinated Children

Dr. Andreas Bachair continued her report by stating that their study found the prevalence of sinusitis, warts, skin problems and middle ear infections were also much lower in the unvaccinated children, as were the cases of diabetes and epilepsy. She went on to say that the results demonstrated that the prevalence of many conditions in the unvaccinated children were also significantly lower. These were:

“Other disorders and diseases

As we included open questions in our survey we evaluated the prevalence (of the first 10,070 participants) of some other disorders and illnesses. Unvaccinated children show very low prevalences of the following disorders:

Dyslexia: 0.21%
Speech delay/articulation problems: 0.38%
Sensory Processing disorder: 0.28%
Anxiety: 0.25%
Depression: 0.12%
Bedwetting: 0.12%
Celiac disease: 0.12%
Gluten sensitivity: 0.41%
GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease): 0.06%”
Dr. Bachair concluded her amazing and intuitive paper by adding a number of statements from parents, which I believe really added weight to her overall findings.

Conclusion

I find it amazing that despite mainstream media and leading government agencies stressing repeatedly that studies comparing vaccinated children to unvaccinated children cannot take place for ethical reasons, groups around the world are taking it upon themselves to do these studies anyway.

Continued at: Studies Outside the U.S. Show Unvaccinated Children Healthier than Vaccinated Children

Old 07-26-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:

It is an exceedingly ineffective vaccine which relies upon guesswork as to which of many influenza viruses will be most virulent in the coming outbreak season and then on happenstance with the development of the vaccines in hopes that the match of the vaccines is good for the prevailing viral infections. Jefferson notes that even if the guesswork of WHO was 100% accurate and the CDC's directives for the manufacturers were spot on for the four vaccines, only 7 to 15% of the total viral load for 'influenza-like illnesses' would be addressed. This is because there are more that 200 different viral strains which cause influenza-like illnesses ('the flu'), and most of them will NOT be affected by a vaccine developed to address specific strains of influenza. Each and every citizen is required to vaccinate each and every year with something which is that ineffective, and be told that "it will protect you and your loved ones from 'the flu'"...If that is not a scam, I don't know what is. Jefferson has an alternate recommendation, too.
And these vaccines are not benign, as they want you to believe. They also contain thimerosal which is cumulative.

Old 07-26-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:

And these vaccines are not benign, as they want you to believe. They also contain thimerosal which is cumulative.
ANY vaccine carries the risk of an adverse reaction. Yes, it is my understanding that most of the injectable influenza vaccines do still contain thimerosal. This was the preservative used because multiple vaccines were combined into a single injection administration. (Monovalent vaccines evidently do not require a preservative.) I do not understand why, when the thimerosal was removed from other multivalent vaccines, like DTP and MMRV, it was not removed from the multivalent influenza vaccines, which is all the adult doses. (I also do not know what the thimerosal has been replaced with, considering the vaccines are multivalent and would still require a preservative...if it is aluminum, another toxicity issue arises.) After all, the influenza vaccines have to be reformulated each and every year, whereas vaccines like the DTP and MMRV are standard formulation with limited administration.

Last edited by godfry n. glad; 07-26-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
There are no illnesses on the rise due to many of these scourges declining long before mass vaccinations were introduced. The little outbreak of measles was not an epidemic. It was used to scare people. Ironically, it is the vaccinated children who are shedding these illnesses, not the unvaccinated.
Still the biggest weasel that ever lived, huh? WTF are you talking about?

You said "These are illnesses that are on the rise"...I asked you what illnesses. You responded with completely unrelated bullshit.
Quote:
Quote:
Autism rates have increased during times of change points (which is explained in the following video). If you're interested in this subject, I urge watch it. These are not anecdotal accounts by parents, which also have immense observational value.
I haven't changed my position on watching videos. If you feel there is important data to impart, you can write the data down and present it in the thread for discussion.

Quote:
Quote:
No response to this pertinent question about an assertion you made?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You may say there is no real proof of causation, but it's enough for many to be extremely concerned.
Causation of what? You have yet to name any specific illnesses you are concerned about.
Thanks, from:
But (07-26-2015), The Man (08-04-2015), Watser? (07-26-2015)
Old 07-26-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ANY vaccine carries the risk of an adverse reaction. Yes, it is my understanding that most of the injectable influenza vaccines do still contain thimerosal. This was the preservative used because multiple vaccines were combined into a single injection administration. (Monovalent vaccines evidently do not require a preservative.) I do not understand why, when the thimerosal was removed from other multivalent vaccines, like DTP and MMRV, it was not removed from the multivalent influenza vaccines, which is all the adult doses. (I also do not know what the thimerosal has been replaced with, considering the vaccines are multivalent and would still require a preservative...if it is aluminum, another toxicity issue arises.) After all, the influenza vaccines have to be reformulated each and every year, whereas vaccines like the DTP and MMRV are standard formulation with limited administration.
As discussed 2 years ago with peacegirl, flu vaccines without thimerosal are readily available. At the local drug store for several years in a row I was able to choose between several formulations, including an adult dose without thimerosal. So I am unsure what you mean when you said "which is all the adult doses"
Thanks, from:
The Man (08-04-2015)
Old 07-26-2015, 04:56 PM

This is the same bullshit I shot down two years ago, peacegirl. You have completely reset your memory yet again.

This was a survey, not a medically or scientifically valid study, which makes it useless as it is just a collection of anecdotes and the respondents were self selecting.

Surveys are only useful for gathering opinions and attitudes about things, not collecting valid data.

Quote:

In September 2011, German researchers carrying out a longitudinal study surveyed a total of 8000 unvaccinated children from the ages of 0 –19. As with the New Zealand study, researchers collected their data by conducting a survey using questionnaires. [2]

Results showed that vaccinated children were up to five times more likely to suffer from a variety of diseases and disorders than unvaccinated children. Their results were compared to another German study (KiGGS), which examined a larger sample group consisting of 17,461 participants between the ages of 0 –17. Dr. Andreas Bachair, a German classical homeopathic practitioner, responsible for collecting the results of the survey from the website vaccineinjury.info stated that:

“Asthma, hay fever and neurodermatitis are seen very frequently today. A recent German study with 17461 children between 0-17 years of age (KIGGS) showed that 4.7% of these children suffer from asthma, 10.7% of these children from hay fever and 13.2% from neurodermatitis. These numbers differ in western countries, i.e. the prevalence of asthma among children in the US is 6% whereas it is 14-16% in Australia (Australia’s Health 2004, AIHW).

The prevalence of asthma among unvaccinated children in our study is around 2.5%, hay fever, 3%, and neurodermatitis, 7%. According to the KIGGS study more than 40% of children between the ages of 3 and 17 years were sensitized against at least one allergen tested (20 common allergens were tested) and 22.9% had an allergic disease. Although we did not perform a blood test, around 10% stated that their children had an allergy.” [3]

(As this study is a longitudinal study, the number of children being studied has since risen to 13,222. To join the study, you can fill in the questionnaire provided by clicking on the link listed as the third reference at the end of this article.) Although there were four cases of autism reported among unvaccinated children, Dr. Bachair reported that:

“Of these 4 children one tested very high for metals (mercury, aluminium, arsenic); in another case the mother was tested very high for mercury.”

However, this number pales into insignificance when we compare it to the 1 in 88 children currently being reported as autistic by the CDC. [4]

Dr. Andreas Bachair continued her report by stating that their study found the prevalence of sinusitis, warts, skin problems and middle ear infections were also much lower in the unvaccinated children, as were the cases of diabetes and epilepsy. She went on to say that the results demonstrated that the prevalence of many conditions in the unvaccinated children were also significantly lower. These were:

As we included open questions in our survey we evaluated the prevalence (of the first 10,070 participants) of some other disorders and illnesses. Unvaccinated children show very low prevalences of the following disorders:

Dr. Bachair concluded her amazing and intuitive paper by adding a number of statements from parents, which I believe really added weight to her overall findings.

Conclusion

I find it amazing that despite mainstream media and leading government agencies stressing repeatedly that studies comparing vaccinated children to unvaccinated children cannot take place for ethical reasons, groups around the world are taking it upon themselves to do these studies anyway.

Continued at: Studies Outside the U.S. Show Unvaccinated Children Healthier than Vaccinated Children

Last edited by LadyShea; 07-26-2015 at 05:33 PM.
Thanks, from:
But (07-26-2015), chunksmediocrites (08-15-2015), The Man (08-04-2015)
Old 07-26-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

As discussed 2 years ago with peacegirl, flu vaccines without thimerosal are readily available. At the local drug store for several years in a row I was able to choose between several formulations, including an adult dose without thimerosal. So I am unsure what you mean when you said "which is all the adult doses"
Sorry...it is my understanding that the multivalents are available only as injectables and they all have the thimerosal. You are correct that vaccines without the thimerosal are available, as nasal inhalants, and thus without need of a preservative (and, I suspect, even less effective). So far as I know, the four strains (2 A and 2 B) are not provided as separate injectable vaccines. It is my understanding that the nasal inhalant variant is primarily for pediatric dosage. I did not realize it had adult usage, but I don't know why it wouldn't and it is rarely mentioned. I possibly was not paying attention...What I tend to see is promotion, for adults, of the quadrivalent intramuscular injection of influenza vaccine.

You have experienced otherwise? Is there now a 'mercury light' version of your flu jab?

Last edited by godfry n. glad; 07-26-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry...it is my understanding that the multivalents are available only as injectables and they all have the thimerosal. You are correct that vaccines without the thimerosal, as nasal inhalants, and thus without need of a preservative (and, I suspect, even less effective). So far as I know, the four strains (2 A and 2 B) are not provided as separate injectable vaccines. It is my understanding that the nasal inhalant variant is primarily for pediatric dosage. I did not realize it had adult usage, but I don't know why it wouldn't and it is rarely mentioned. I possibly was not paying attention...What I tend to see is promotion, for adults, of the quadrivalent intramuscular injection of influenza vaccine.

You have experienced otherwise? Is there now a 'mercury light' version of your flu jab?
Yes, I have experienced otherwise just at like Target and Walgreens. They are offered in single dose prefilled syringes.
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/thimerosal.htm
Quote:
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved several formulations of the seasonal flu vaccine, including multi-dose vials and single-dose units. (See Table of Approved Influenza Vaccines for the U.S. 2014–2015 Season.) Since seasonal influenza vaccine is produced in large quantities for annual vaccination campaigns, some of the vaccine is produced in multi-dose vials, and contains thimerosal to safeguard against possible contamination of the vial once it is opened.

The single-dose units are made without thimerosal as a preservative because they are intended to be opened and used only once. Additionally, the live-attenuated version of the vaccine (the nasal spray vaccine), is produced in single-dose units and does not contain thimerosal.
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/vaccines.htm
Quote:
Fluarix Quadrivalent GlaxoSmithKline 0.5 mL single-dose prefilled syringe (no thimerosal)
Thanks, from:
The Man (08-04-2015)
Old 07-26-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
This is the same bullshit I shot down two years ago, peacegirl. You have completely reset your memory yet again.

This was a survey, not a medically or scientifically valid study, which makes it useless as it is just a collection of anecdotes.

Surveys are only useful for gathering opinions and attitudes about things, not collecting valid data.

Quote:

Conclusion

What you call a perfectly valid scientific experiment does not mean that the conclusions have considered all variables that could interplay. It is very shortsighted, and unless you watch these videos (which are replete with facts backing up their suspicions that vaccines do, in fact, cause harm to some children), and read the articles (of which this is only one of many), you will call it bullshit which you are quick to do. Eventually, the information regarding the lack of clear scientific evidence that vaccines don't cause harm will be made known, along with all the corruption that goes along with billions and billions made in profit.

Old 07-26-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
What you call a perfectly valid scientific experiment does not mean that the conclusions have considered all variables that could interplay. It is very shortsighted, and unless you watch these videos
What video? I am responding to the survey you posted. It was not a study at all, and it offered no controls at all. Therefore it is bullshit.

As I said back in 2013
Quote:
The self selection process is the start of the invalidaty. It is inherently biased and subjective due to 1) how and who found the online survey and 2) the reasons/motivations behind their choice to either respond or not respond.

If they do respond, they of course may lie, they may exaggerate, they may misremember, they may be mistaken, they may answer in a biased manner to support their "side", they may respond in a biased manner to make the "other side" look bad. It's not data, it's whatever respondents want to say is the data.
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (08-15-2015), The Man (08-04-2015)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle