Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Old 11-14-2016, 05:47 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
What is this about? Can you give a summary?
A healthy baby died after drinking milk. :sadcheer:

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (11-14-2016), But (11-14-2016), livius drusus (11-17-2016), The Man (11-14-2016)
Old 11-14-2016, 06:08 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Holy shit, if you've ever wondered how do I make a blog post mostly about myself and how amazing I am, look no further! That was dripping in self congratulation with the baby's death just an emotional hook.

And of course, "Zara had passed away during the night."
We all know vaccines wait till it's dark to strike.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (11-14-2016), But (11-14-2016), chunksmediocrites (11-15-2016), Stephen Maturin (11-14-2016), The Man (11-14-2016)
Old 11-14-2016, 06:08 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Only $650 for a newborn photography session!
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (11-14-2016), But (11-14-2016), chunksmediocrites (11-15-2016), livius drusus (11-17-2016), Stephen Maturin (11-14-2016), The Man (11-14-2016)
Old 11-14-2016, 09:48 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
And of course, "Zara had passed away during the night."
We all know vaccines wait till it's dark to strike.

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (11-15-2016), Ari (11-15-2016), chunksmediocrites (11-15-2016), livius drusus (11-17-2016), The Man (11-14-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Awesome example of bias at work.

But tell me - does the reverse work also? Can I claim random instances of SIDS in babies that have not been vaccinated yet as proof that not having gotten a vaccine killed those babies?

The level of evidence behind that is about the same as about your contention that this case of SIDS was caused by a vaccine.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (11-15-2016), But (11-15-2016), livius drusus (11-17-2016), The Man (11-15-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post

But tell me - does the reverse work also? Can I claim random instances of SIDS in babies that have not been vaccinated yet as proof that not having gotten a vaccine killed those babies?

The level of evidence behind that is about the same as about your contention that this case of SIDS was caused by a vaccine.
That's a fair question. The verdict is far from being definitive either way, so how can you be so positive that vaccines are not the culprit?

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 11-15-2016, 09:56 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
The verdict is far from being definitive either way, so how can you be so positive that vaccines are not the culprit?
It seems like we could start by wondering why vaccinations rates have gone up yet SIDS have gone down since the 90s. Or why vaccines always seem to strike at night, or why sleeping position affects vaccine death rates.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (11-16-2016), But (11-15-2016), livius drusus (11-17-2016), The Lone Ranger (11-16-2016), The Man (11-16-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:

That's a fair question. The verdict is far from being definitive either way, so how can you be so positive that vaccines are not the culprit?
So both vaccinating AND not vaccinating is erring on the side of caution then!

:lol:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (11-16-2016), But (11-15-2016), ChuckF (11-16-2016), livius drusus (11-17-2016), The Man (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 01:12 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Or why vaccines always seem to strike at night
The toxins cause the pineal gland to calcify; because God has turned off the sun, there are no molecules of light instantly at the brain to reactivate it.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (11-16-2016), But (11-16-2016), livius drusus (11-17-2016), Stephen Maturin (11-16-2016), The Lone Ranger (11-16-2016), The Man (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You cannot feel responsible for causing harm by doing nothing when the choice is unclear, but you will feel tremendous guilt for doing something that ends up causing serious harm.

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 11-16-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You cannot feel responsible for causing harm by doing nothing when the choice is unclear, but you will feel tremendous guilt for doing something that ends up causing serious harm.
Really? So when a guy is fighting a powerful wild animal, and I do not use a gun I have because it may not help, that is fine? Not morally wrong at all?

In fact I would feel tremendous guilt if I accidentally hit the guy!

So I decide that since it is unclear if he will manage to fight it off by himself, and since I could do harm, I should just watch the bear eat him.

Apparently you need some seriously weird moral absolutes in order to make your point of view seem sensible, PG!
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (11-16-2016), But (11-16-2016), Dragar (11-16-2016), livius drusus (11-17-2016), The Lone Ranger (11-16-2016), The Man (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Really? So when a guy is fighting a powerful wild animal, and I do not use a gun I have because it may not help, that is fine? Not morally wrong at all?

In fact I would feel tremendous guilt if I accidentally hit the guy!

So I decide that since it is unclear if he will manage to fight it off by himself, and since I could do harm, I should just watch the bear eat him.

Apparently you need some seriously weird moral absolutes in order to make your point of view seem sensible, PG!
You cannot compare a situation that compels you to do something (like shoot a bear) to save a person's life, to getting a child vaccinated, because the child is not in immediate danger and will not die if you choose to wait or not vaccinate at all. The risk/benefit analysis of vaccines are far from clear-cut. If a child was hurt or died as a result of vaccine induced injury, you would feel tremendous guilt and sadness. If you did not get the child vaccinated, he would most likely not die from the disease because these scourges were on the way out before vaccines were ever introduced. You are under the assumption that the benefits far outweigh the risks and are without controversy. That is not true Vivisectus. Go read the inserts. Because of the growing vaccine schedule which may be causing serious harm, and because parents are being stripped of their rights, this fight for freedom is not going away any time soon whether you agree or not.

Old 11-16-2016, 04:45 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

You're just repeating the same talking points again and again because you keep reading the same quack websites. That whole vaccine injury thing is completely made up.
Thanks, from:
livius drusus (11-17-2016), The Lone Ranger (11-16-2016), The Man (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
You're just repeating the same talking points again and again because you keep reading the same quack websites. That whole vaccine injury thing is completely made up.
I disagree with you. Many of the researchers I have quoted have valid concerns. It's too easy to call them all quacks which is inappropriate and uncalled for.

Old 11-16-2016, 05:34 PM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

While most of peacegirl's "talking points" are pure fiction, and those that do have some basis in fact are wildly exagerated, the "whole vaccine injury thing" is not made up. Some people do experience injury, even death, from vaccines. This is not in dispute and to suggest otherwise is counter-productive. This doesn't alter the fact that peacegirl uses the existence of such incidents as an excuse for making extravagent claims regarding the scope of those injuries.
Dragar (11-16-2016), livius drusus (11-17-2016), The Man (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
While most of peacegirl's "talking points" are pure fiction, and those that do have some basis in fact are wildly exagerated, the "whole vaccine injury thing" is not made up. Some people do experience injury, even death, from vaccines. This is not in dispute and to suggest otherwise is counter-productive. This doesn't alter the fact that peacegirl uses the existence of such incidents as an excuse for making extravagent claims regarding the scope of those injuries.
You don't know the scope of the injuries either. No one does at this point. Bottom line, anytime a risk is involved, it is not up to anyone other than the parent to determine if it's a risk worth taking.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
The risk is so low that grave vaccine injury isn't really a thing and the hysteria has nothing to do with the non-zero risk of complications.
Thanks, from:
Dragar (11-16-2016), livius drusus (11-17-2016), The Man (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The risk is so low that grave vaccine injury isn't really a thing and the hysteria has nothing to do with the non-zero risk of complications.
The hysteria was brought on by the push for more and more vaccines with questionable value. It's no wonder there is a huge backlash especially when there is no proof that all of these vaccines aren't doing more harm than good. It's plain old common sense.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:26 PM

No, it's just irrational bullshit.
Thanks, from:
livius drusus (11-17-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
No, it's just irrational bullshit.
I don't think so. Regardless, it is wrong to strip parents of their rights. Imagine how terrible these vaccine pushers will feel when they find out the parents were right all along?

Old 11-16-2016, 06:46 PM

Is that when we are in the new world? Then they are not going to blame themselves, are they?

By the way, what's going on with the moons of Jupiter? Where are those photons at the retina coming from?
Thanks, from:
livius drusus (11-17-2016), The Man (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 07:06 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Or why vaccines always seem to strike at night
The toxins cause the pineal gland to calcify; because God has turned off the sun, there are no molecules of light instantly at the brain to reactivate it.
Moreover, a dog cannot identify his master's pineal gland by calcification alone. :nope:

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (11-17-2016), Dragar (11-16-2016), livius drusus (11-17-2016), The Man (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Is that when we are in the new world? Then they are not going to blame themselves, are they?

By the way, what's going on with the moons of Jupiter? Where are those photons at the retina coming from?
But, they would never put themselves in this position where they would feel the weight of responsibility if something goes wrong. You really need to read the book instead of jumping to conclusions. There's no use discussing his other claim. Sorry.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:03 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
You cannot compare a situation that compels you to do something (like shoot a bear) to save a person's life, to getting a child vaccinated, because the child is not in immediate danger and will not die if you choose to wait or not vaccinate at all. The risk/benefit analysis of vaccines are far from clear-cut. If a child was hurt or died as a result of vaccine induced injury, you would feel tremendous guilt and sadness. If you did not get the child vaccinated, he would most likely not die from the disease because these scourges were on the way out before vaccines were ever introduced. You are under the assumption that the benefits far outweigh the risks and are without controversy. That is not true Vivisectus. Go read the inserts. Because of the growing vaccine schedule which may be causing serious harm, and because parents are being stripped of their rights, this fight for freedom is not going away any time soon whether you agree or not.
But the child is in danger of dying from the disease that the vaccine prevents, that is known and has been proven for many years. The anti-vax rhetoric is mostly inaccurate or wildly exaggerated or both.
Angakuk (11-17-2016), The Man (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 08:11 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
You don't know the scope of the injuries either. No one does at this point. Bottom line, anytime a risk is involved, it is not up to anyone other than the parent to determine if it's a risk worth taking.
Then you are putting the rights of one child's parents above the rights another child's parents, when that other child is in danger because of the errors of the first child's parents. Are the first child's parents responsible if their child gives a disease to an a child who cannot be vaccinated and that child dies from the disease? Perhaps it would help if you explained that from the perspective of the "right-of-way" system as described in the book.
Angakuk (11-17-2016), livius drusus (11-17-2016), The Man (11-16-2016)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle