Old 06-21-2019, 07:04 PM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Default Re: A revolution in thought

I'm sure there were levers involved, or something, and thus the experiments were invalid.
Thanks, from:
specious_reasons (06-21-2019), Stephen Maturin (06-21-2019), The Man (06-23-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 08:47 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

:yup:

IMAGINARY levers, the very worst kind!

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
The Lone Ranger (06-22-2019), The Man (06-23-2019)
Old 01-23-2021, 07:18 PM
puzzler

A dog waited outside a hospital for several days, and "looked inside" whenever the door opened, until her owner finally emerged.

But of course, we all know that the dog didn't really "look" because dogs are unable to recognize their owners by sight.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-55779275
Old 01-23-2021, 07:18 PM
puzzler

:dddp:
Old 01-23-2021, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptimus View Post
A dog waited outside a hospital for several days, and "looked inside" whenever the door opened, until her owner finally emerged.

But of course, we all know that the dog didn't really "look" because dogs are unable to recognize their owners by sight.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-55779275
I'm not sure where that footage shows the dog recognizing his owner from sight alone. Could it have been the wheelchair that the dog associated with his owner? Could he have gotten a whiff of his owner's scent when the door opened? This was not proof of anything.

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 01-23-2021, 09:45 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

the wheelchair has levers
Old 01-23-2021, 10:22 PM
puzzler

So if the man doesn't usually use a wheelchair, and was only in one because he was leaving the hospital, that would be doubly impressive, right?
Old 01-23-2021, 10:55 PM

Quote:
So if the man doesn't usually use a wheelchair, and was only in one because he was leaving the hospital, that would be doubly impressive, right?
It did not have enough footage to prove what you want it to prove. Couldn’t you be doing what they say I’m doing, trying to make everything fit into what you perceive is the truth, especially since science has claimed that this is an absolute fact?

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 01-23-2021, 11:00 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

the door has levers
Old 01-23-2021, 11:21 PM
puzzler

I wasn't really trying to prove anything. I just thought it was a heartwarming story about a lovely dog, and relevant to this topic.

If dogs really couldn't recognise their owners by sight, then their behaviour would be even more impressive to me than it already is.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:27 PM

Quote:
I wasn't really trying to prove anything. I just thought it was a heartwarming story about a lovely dog, and relevant to this topic.

If dogs really couldn't recognise their owners by sight, then their behaviour would be even more impressive to me than it already is.
I agree. Their other senses are keen. Furthermore, their ability to see shapes may have an influence just like gait. Lessans was only claiming the inability of a dog to recognize facial features alone to identify his master. They can’t do it. Even though you say this isn’t about proof, it definitely is, because Lessans’ credibility is at stake. This is no joke.

Last edited by peacegirl; 01-24-2021 at 12:06 AM.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:20 PM

To anyone trying to figure out what this thread is about, it’s nearly impossible because of the jokes made at the author’s expense. It’s very troubling that a group of supposed free thinkers would try to discredit someone when they have not understood what he even wrote. The discovery regarding sight was not even his main discovery but that’s what they used to destroy this man’s work. BTW, my book is not corrupt in any way. Just because I left out what was unnecessary this again does not discredit his discovery. It’s a very sad state of affairs. There is no way a fair conversation can take place in this forum. If you have any questions you can private message me. I will leave the first three chapters of my uncorrupt book for your careful scrutiny. I am also publishing his other books which will be available soon. Let me repeat: Leaving out a sentence that could be misconstrued has nothing to do with the actual discovery. Please keep that in mind when reading. You are the judge, no one else!

http://www.declineandfallofallevil.c...3-CHAPTERS.pdf

Old 01-26-2021, 01:39 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

Friends, my name is ChuckF, and I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text. Welcome!

If you wish to go read the first three chapters of peacegirl's book, you should! You have that right of way, and no one will blame you for it. If you wish to read past the first three chapters, of course, get ready to give peacegirl some money!

Now, if you go read peacegirl's little free sample, you might get the impression that you are reading the words of Seymour Lessans. But that isn't true. peacegirl took the works of Seymour Lessans and just hacked away at them until all of the numinous, rich, and enlightening character was gone. Then she started larding it up with nonsense that she made up out of whole cloth. The end result has nothing to do with with the words of the Author - it's all peacegirl. That's why I call it her "Corrupted Text." She slapped the Author's name on it, and now tries to sell it on the Internet to make a buck off his honest work, like she's hawking counterfeit purses on Canal St. But we do not blame peacegirl for this - she is compelled of her own free will to hawk her fake Corrupted Text, just as surely as 2 is to 4 as 3 is to 6.

Personally, I think that's wrong. Me, I give the Author enough credit to think that he knew what he wanted to say, and he didn't need anybody else to come along and decide, oh, this has to come out, or, ah, this needs to be completely rewritten and changed. In short, I think we should interpret the words that the Author wrote and published in his life time. This is what I call the "Authentic Text." I also think the Authentic Text should be shared and studied, without locking it behind the door marked "Pay peacegirl $24.99."

That's why a lot of people call me the "True Steward of the Authentic Text." Because I think we should let the Author be heard! It's that simple. And I won't ever charge anybody money for that.

Now, I know what you're thinking: what if peacegirl blames me for wanting to interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime? Well, friend, I assure you that she will, but have no fear! Because we interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime without blame from peacegirl. We reject her blame. It is not a true hurt to you or the Authentic Text, because we consider the source.

So, if you don't want to pay peacegirl $24.99 or however much she's charging for her Corrupted Text nowadays (that's how you can tell she's a fraud!) to spend your day trying to puzzle out which part the Author wrote and which part peacegirl counterfeited, I invite you to join me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, and read the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime. It's mathematical, scientific, undeniable, and best of all, it is completely free of charge!
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 01:40 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

Friends, my name is ChuckF, and I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text. Welcome!

If you wish to go read the first three chapters of peacegirl's book, you should! You have that right of way, and no one will blame you for it. If you wish to read past the first three chapters, of course, get ready to give peacegirl some money!

Now, if you go look at peacegirl's little free sample, you might get the impression that you are reading the words of Seymour Lessans. But that isn't true. peacegirl took the works of Seymour Lessans and just hacked away at them until all of the numinous, rich, and enlightening character was gone. Then she started larding it up with nonsense that she made up out of whole cloth. The end result has nothing to do with with the words of the Author - it's all peacegirl. That's why I call it her "Corrupted Text." She slapped the Author's name on it, and now tries to sell it on the Internet to make a buck off his honest work, like she's hawking counterfeit purses on Canal St. But we do not blame peacegirl for this - she is compelled of her own free will to hawk her fake Corrupted Text, just as surely as 2 is to 4 as 3 is to 6.

Personally, I think that's wrong. Me, I give the Author enough credit to think that he knew what he wanted to say, and he didn't need anybody else to come along and decide, oh, this has to come out, or, ah, this needs to be completely rewritten and changed. In short, I think we should interpret the words that the Author wrote and published in his life time. This is what I call the "Authentic Text." I also think the Authentic Text should be shared and studied, without locking it behind the door marked "Pay peacegirl $24.99."

That's why a lot of people call me the "True Steward of the Authentic Text." Because I think we should let the Author be heard! It's that simple. And I won't ever charge anybody money for that.

Now, I know what you're thinking: what if peacegirl blames me for wanting to interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime? Well, friend, I assure you that she will, but have no fear! Because we interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime without blame from peacegirl. We reject her blame. It is not a true hurt to you or the Authentic Text, because we consider the source.

So, if you don't want to pay peacegirl $24.99 or however much she's charging for her Corrupted Text nowadays (that's how you can tell she's a fraud!) to spend your day trying to puzzle out which part the Author wrote and which part peacegirl counterfeited, I invite you to join me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, and read the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime. It's mathematical, scientific, undeniable, and best of all, it is completely free of charge!
Old 01-26-2021, 02:38 AM
Rambling Old Fart

Wow! Ten years on.
Old 01-26-2021, 12:12 PM

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. His motive is to hurt me in any way he can! But he will not have the last word because he’s not the steward of any of Lessans’ books. He uses the fact that I took out one sentence in Beyond the Framework of Modern Thought because it wasn’t necessary and calls me corrupt. Ask him what the discovery is. He won’t answer because he doesn’t know. He’s a total fraud. He thinks I’m in it for the money. Of course I’d like to make something for my hard work or at least break even. Does that mean I’m in it for lucre? No. In fact, I may give the book away for free. What he is using against me will be used in my favor. Please use your judgment. Don’t miss out on a valuable book because this troll wants to destroy me.

Last edited by peacegirl; 01-26-2021 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-26-2021, 12:13 PM

dupe

Old 01-26-2021, 01:47 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
:lol: peacegirl, have you ever seen this movie?
Quote:
He uses the fact that I took out one sentence in Beyond the Framework of Modern Thought because it wasn’t necessary and calls me corrupt.
Friends, how painful to see peacegirl's lies. If only her Corruption were but a single sentence. Of course, it is not - it is rampant, metastasizing and eating away the rich didactic flesh of the Authentic Text like a cancer.

My friends, do not ask peacegirl how 98% of homo-sexual intercourse comes into existence. Do not ask her how many types of homo-sexual there are. Do not ask her whose penis is like a phallic symbol. Do not ask her how many other sense organs there are. Do not ask her whom Harry fucked in the ass (before realizing he would not fuck her in the ass again). Do not ask her whether there may be little ones around should he not wish to wait until after dinner because he, too, was daydreaming and impatient to extend an invitation. Do not ask her if the mentally sick would have a deficit for the amount of money advanced to him to pay his creditors and sustain his standard of living. Do not ask her how much so-called sickness resulted from a preference to take a swallow of medicine in order to justify getting out of doing something distasteful. Do not ask her how long it would take to be able to see the sun if God flipped the switch at 12 noon. Do not ask her to explain the Butt Stuff Injunction in her own words. Do not ask her what the Boohog Corollary is. Do not ask her to teach you the Parable of the Breasts.

For all of this rich material of the Author, peacegirl has simply suppressed and deleted, and would have you believe does not exist. In its place, her tedious, turgid, badly-written Corrupted Text, filled with obvious nonsense, its only function to carry a price tag to enrich peacegirl.

peacegirl demands you first give her money to decide if her Corrupted Text has any value. Spend your money on it if you like - I know peacegirl would like to get your money. That is your business, not mine! You have that right of way!

Or accept my invitation to cut out peacegirl, meddlesome middleman and vandal that she is (but we do not blame her for this!) and join me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, to study what the Author actually wrote and published in his lifetime absolutely free of charge.
Quote:
No. In fact, I may give the book away for free.
Friends, let us note this day and time! Let's check back in a year - then in ten years - to see if pacegirl is giving her Corrupted Text away for free. I don't think she will, but she may yet accept that magic elixir (call it what you will-corollary, slide rule or basic principle-THOU SHALL NOT BLAME) and transmute the baser metals of her blameful nature into the pure gold of the Golden Age! I hope that she will, but I doubt it, such is her thirst for your money.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
:lol: peacegirl, have you ever seen this movie?
Quote:
He uses the fact that I took out one sentence in Beyond the Framework of Modern Thought because it wasn’t necessary and calls me corrupt.
Friends, how painful to see peacegirl's lies. If only her Corruption were but a single sentence. Of course, it is not - it is rampant, metastasizing and eating away the rich didactic flesh of the Authentic Text like a cancer.

My friends, do not ask peacegirl how 98% of homo-sexual intercourse comes into existence. Do not ask her how many types of homo-sexual there are. Do not ask her whose penis is like a phallic symbol. Do not ask her how many other sense organs there are. Do not ask her whom Harry fucked in the ass (before realizing he would not fuck her in the ass again). Do not ask her whether there may be little ones around should he not wish to wait until after dinner because he, too, was daydreaming and impatient to extend an invitation. Do not ask her if the mentally sick would have a deficit for the amount of money advanced to him to pay his creditors and sustain his standard of living. Do not ask her how much so-called sickness resulted from a preference to take a swallow of medicine in order to justify getting out of doing something distasteful. Do not ask her how long it would take to be able to see the sun if God flipped the switch at 12 noon. Do not ask her to explain the Butt Stuff Injunction in her own words. Do not ask her what the Boohog Corollary is. Do not ask her to teach you the Parable of the Breasts.

For all of this rich material of the Author, peacegirl has simply suppressed and deleted, and would have you believe does not exist. In its place, her tedious, turgid, badly-written Corrupted Text, filled with obvious nonsense, its only function to carry a price tag to enrich peacegirl.

peacegirl demands you first give her money to decide if her Corrupted Text has any value. Spend your money on it if you like - I know peacegirl would like to get your money. That is your business, not mine! You have that right of way!

Or accept my invitation to cut out peacegirl, meddlesome middleman and vandal that she is (but we do not blame her for this!) and join me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, to study what the Author actually wrote and published in his lifetime absolutely free of charge.
Quote:
No. In fact, I may give the book away for free.
Friends, let us note this day and time! Let's check back in a year - then in ten years - to see if pacegirl is giving her Corrupted Text away for free. I don't think she will, but she may yet accept that magic elixir (call it what you will-corollary, slide rule or basic principle-THOU SHALL NOT BLAME) and transmute the baser metals of her blameful nature into the pure gold of the Golden Age! I hope that she will, but I doubt it, such is her thirst for your money.
Notice that Chuck must have the last word. Can you imagine the terror he’s feeling at his failed attempts over and over again? He must be beside himself. Like I said, all of his efforts to discredit me will come back to haunt him. I am the true steward, not him. He has taken everything out of context and cannot even explain what the discovery is. The fact that he thinks Thou Shall Not Blame applies in this situation just exemplifies the extent of his ignorance. I will give anyone who wants Beyond the Framework of Modern Thought for free. I will post the link shortly. I hope this doesn’t put him in a mental state where it could be the point of no return! :sad:

Last edited by peacegirl; 01-26-2021 at 02:39 PM.
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 02:40 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
I will give anyone who wants Beyond the Framework of Modern Thought for free.
:cheer: This is wonderful news! Thank you, peacegirl! Please don't delete things from it!
Old 01-26-2021, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
I will give anyone who wants Beyond the Framework of Modern Thought for free.
:cheer: This is wonderful news! Thank you, peacegirl! Please don't delete things from it!
It’s very good news. I will show the one sentence I took out because it was unnecessary. Then you will finally be seen for the fraud you are!

Thanks, from:
ChuckF (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 02:44 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

I am all for anything that cleanses your vandalism and brings the Authentic Text to a world in need, peacegirl!

What about Decline and Fall of All Evil? Posting that would really expose my fraud to the world.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:51 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Hello, friends.

The Boohog Corollary, the Surreptitious Aphrodisiac Theorem, the Butt Stuff Injunction, the Parable of the Breasts, the Ur Penis ... works of genius that will bear study far into the future, but which peacegirl has shamelessly expunged from the Authentic Text, which was rediscovered by Chuck F. Friends, I can attest that Chuck is, indeed, the True Steward of the Authentic Text.

What had been a ribald, Rabelaisian masterwork that would have made even Henry Miller green with envy has been vandalized and bowdlerized by peacergirl. Who knows what drove her to do it? If she thought her sanitized text would make more money than the Authentic Text, she guessed wrongly. Perhaps she mutilated her father’s work out of Father envy? Who can say? :shrug:

Friends, believe it or not, this thread was started almost exactly ten years ago (!) by peacegirl — and there is an associated spinoff thread! Truly, I suggest those who are new to this site go back and read every post in this thread (more than 51,000). Only then can you be the judge: Is peacegirl the True Steward of the Authentic Text — or is it Chuck F?

In place of the picaresque demimonde so vividly sprung from the fertile and febrile imagination of Seymour Lessans, we get drivel — such as peacegirl’s claim that if God turned on the sun at noon, we here on earth would see it immediately, but would not be able to see our neighbors until the light arrived some eight minutes later. Actually, it is unclear whether Lessans or peacegirl herself made this claim, but if the former, I expect it was raw jest with a coded sexual theme; for only a lunatic could literally believe something so preposterous. I suspect the phrase “turned on” the sun has, as it were, a binary meaning for those of us with knowledge of Lesssans’ erotic wit.
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Hello, friends.

The Boohog Corollary, the Surreptitious Aphrodisiac Theorem, the Butt Stuff Injunction, the Parable of the Breasts, the Ur Penis ... works of genius that will bear study far into the future, but which peacegirl has shamelessly expunged from the Authentic Text, which was rediscovered by Chuck F. Friends, I can attest that Chuck is, indeed, the True Steward of the Authentic Text.

What had been a ribald, Rabelaisian masterwork that would have made even Henry Miller green with envy has been vandalized and bowdlerized by peacergirl. Who knows what drove her to do it? If she thought her sanitized text would make more money than the Authentic Text, she guessed wrongly. Perhaps she mutilated her father’s work out of Father envy? Who can say? :shrug:

Friends, believe it or not, this thread was started almost exactly ten years ago (!) by peacegirl — and there is an associated spinoff thread! Truly, I suggest those who are new to this site go back and read every post in this thread (more than 51,000). Only then can you be the judge: Is peacegirl the True Steward of the Authentic Text — or is it Chuck F?

In place of the picaresque demimonde so vividly sprung from the fertile and febrile imagination of Seymour Lessans, we get drivel — such as peacegirl’s claim that if God turned on the sun at noon, we here on earth would see it immediately, but would not be able to see our neighbors until the light arrived some eight minutes later. Actually, it is unclear whether Lessans or peacegirl herself made this claim, but if the former, I expect it was raw jest with a coded sexual theme; for only a lunatic could literally believe something so preposterous. I suspect the phrase “turned on” the sun has, as it were, a binary meaning for those of us with knowledge of Lesssans’ erotic wit.
David, Maturin, and Chuck think they understand and have tested this knowledge. They have not. I’m not going back to argue with David. He actually believes Lessans was a compatibilist. He also cannot contemplate for the life of him how we could see the sun explode in real time if the eyes worked the complete opposite of what was believed to be true. I know he missed me or he wouldn’t be back but I will not engage with him. His resentment as well as the other two trolls preclude the possibility of any enlightened discussion.

Old 01-26-2021, 03:24 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
I suspect the phrase “turned on” the sun has, as it were, a binary meaning for those of us with knowledge of Lesssans’ erotic wit.
Turned on the sun. compare "made glorious summer by this sun [son] of York." Does it take eight minutes, or an instant?

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy