Old 03-10-2017, 01:12 PM
NPC

Television Game2: Winter

Ok, I may be just really out of it, but I completely missed this news gem when it first cropped up all over the nets in December:

THE TUNDRA GAMES

Quote:
Game2: Winter will see 30 participants, evenly split between men and women, armed with knives and dropped into the Siberian wilderness for a nine-month survival test.

Starting in July 2017, they will be competing for a £1.3 million prize, and are expected to hunt and fish for food in the bleak taiga forest in order to stay alive.
What. The. Actual. Fuck.

I know we keep hearing we are only ever "five years away from The Running Man", but this has made it more like five months now, and from The fracking Hunger Games. Obviously they re not legally allowed to kill each other, but seeing as all those who make it to the end will have to split the prize money, I don't see them being overly humanitarian towards each other either. And surviving alone in the Siberian winter - not to mention stuck on an island with only other people who want you to just die already - is probably harder than most of them assume at this point.
BrotherMan (03-10-2017), JoeP (03-11-2017), Limoncello (03-10-2017), SR71 (03-10-2017), Stormlight (03-10-2017)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Arts & Literature