Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 03-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Just keep m'nose clean, egg, chips & beans, I'm always full of steam

Default Re: Member News

I have survived another visit from my Mom. I took Thursday through yesterday off from work, and I'm back at work today. She and stepdad leave this afternoon.

We went to the Houston Zoo yesterday. I forgot it was spring break and thought there would be no trouble finding parking. I ended up parking some distance away, and by the time the day was over, I felt like I'd been on a deathmarch. It's nice to have a relaxing day at work today. :tired:

:sockpuppet:...........
Old 03-22-2008, 12:02 AM
The cat that will listen

I had my wisdom teeth out this morning and I am doing fine. RA is taking good care of me, and I'm pretty comfortable. I will be more comfortable when I can be done with the gauze in my mouth. BLECH.

Also, do not, under any circumstances, drink pineapple juice as part of your hydration after having your wisdom teeth removed. Unless, of course, you enjoy the feel of your wounds being attacked by the enzymes in the juice. Ouchie.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:16 AM
A fellow sophisticate

Goodnight folks, I'm checking out for a while here at FF, really the only place I post any more. I don't know when, or even if, I'll be back. I've got to take a sabbatical from the internet. I've got to rid myself of a sneaking feeling that someone is out to get me. I'm going to use my mad Ninja skillz to defeet [SIC] them.

I know some of you are breathing a sigh of relief. Well you should. You can celebrate now, you won't have me darken your threads with snarky comments and brief but astute commentary.

To the others that I consider friends here, others who do like some or part of what I post, I apologize, it's not you, it's me. Really, it is.

Thank you,
Sr. Walter P. "Dingfod" Dinsford III, Jr., Esq. PhD-SoHK, PDQ, QED, OnQ (exit, stage left, already)
Old 03-26-2008, 09:15 PM

Monday, I gave my two weeks notice at work.

It's my first real job, and after a year and half, it feels strange leaving, exciting and sad at the same time.

An opportunity came knocking on my door last week and I couldn't pass it up, besides it was time for the next step in my career.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:03 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

I have finished writing my Master's thesis. :student: Now all that remains is to proof it, check my footnotes, present it, correct it, and defend it. The end is in sight.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:56 AM
mostly harmless

Annnnnnnnnd ... the verdict is ...........

2 girls on the way for the Shake's!

Man, am I in trouble. :P

Old 03-31-2008, 05:15 AM
happy now, Mussolini?

Only one girl on the way here. She's supposed to be making her landing on June 15. :yup:

This will make a grand of 5ive.

We have both agreed we should stop after this one.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:38 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

I got into law school today. I'm not quite sure if I'm :cheer: or :sadcheer:
Old 04-03-2008, 04:00 AM
professional left-winger

nm

Last edited by freemonkey; 04-03-2008 at 04:00 AM. Reason: i'm a dummy
Old 04-06-2008, 01:35 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Sunday night I will be attending a meeting between representatives from the two churches that I am currently pastoring and a third church that is considering calling me to serve in the same capacity. I have mixed feelings about this opportunity. If they offer, and if I accept, it will mean more work for me (4 jobs counting my chaplaincy work at the nursing home), but it will also mean more money for me and a savings for each of the churches involved. The salary increase would be nice. Among other things it would mean that I could probably afford to do some of the major home repair and upgrade projects that my wife and I have been talking about. On the downside, I am getting older, not younger, and I am not absolutely confident that I am up to the increased demand on my time that serving another church would entail.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Uthgar the Brazen

I'm going to see Eddie on 07/29!

:flowerdance: :excited: :flowerdance:
Old 04-09-2008, 07:03 PM

My brain is exploding for no obvious reasons.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Compensating for something...

On the plus side, I've traded away my M17S for something I can actually use in the State of California. A SIG 556.

On the downside, I managed to seriously damage my arm a few days ago, and I don't think I can actually shoulder a rifle with it.

At least the snow's gone.

NTM
Old 04-12-2008, 09:15 PM
silky...

Remember I told you last month Horse Girl won 4th prize at her Science Fair?

The top 5 projects from 15 schools competed in the regional fair last week and she received an honourable mention certificate. We were pretty proud of her as only 17 projects (out of 75) received awards. The other 4 kids from her school didn't win anything (even though they beat her at her school)

She came home with a business card from someone who stopped by her booth, they are in the Safety Consulting business and asked her to have her parents give them a call. (Her project was an invention for helping people trapped in fires breathe until help arrives)

I have no idea what the card is all about, but HG's Dad will be calling them next week.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Queen?

Ding is out of pocket probably for the rest of the week.
His mother passed away Sunday afternoon. We received a phone call Saturday morning reporting that her heart had stopped and CPR had been administered to her until they had arrived at the hospital. They had to use paddles on her, put her on a ventilator, and she was comatose. Sunday morning all siblings arrived at the hospital said their goodbyes and the ventilator was removed. She died an hour later. She was an organ donor. Her cornea's were given to the Lion's Club eye bank and her body is being donated to science studies. I don't have much more information other than there will be a memorial service in Bend, OR.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:49 AM
Compensating for something...

:woohoo:

NTM
Old 04-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Done

A few days ago I received an email from an assistant editor of a national magazine. Her words: But, I’m very much convinced that you are THE author for this project, ... :cloud9:

Amazing, I've been trying to come up with a proposal for this magazine, and then the job just lands in my lap. This will be done a lot differently then other venues I write for. I will be working closely with the editor, doing a preliminary plant list, then an outline of the piece before I actually write it. And it pays very well too! :woohoo: If I could get one of these a month, I would be in heaven!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Not as smart as Adam

On Monday I had a hernia repaired and got a vasectomy done at the same time. Five kids are enough, but fuck it hurts like a motherfucker. Can you tell it hurts?
Old 04-24-2008, 07:22 PM
California Sober

On Monday I'm starting my new job as a Web Administrator for CBS Paramount Television. Specifically I'll be working on the web pages for Entertainment Tonight and its spin-off that I've totally never heard of, The Insider.

I have started apartment shopping in Hollywood and West Hollywood. Can I just tell you that it is very expensive to live here? More than the job pays. But that's okay, because I love the area, and it's work that I really want to do.

:mutter:
Old 04-25-2008, 03:19 AM
Done

I handed in my list to the AE and received an email back today that we are good to go and that she needs to meet with the art director to see about the layout and then the ME to see what on my list may need to be cut and then I will go on to writing the article. :woohoo: Please don't mind my run on sentence, I didn't take a breathe.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:24 AM
select custom_user_title from user_info where username='Goliath';

Well, things are moving along. In January, I applied for a job with the Federal Government. Between then and now, I've gone through three days of interviews/poking/prodding, and I had a delightful conversation with a local retired FBI agent. If things progress as quickly as I hope (okay, pray...for this job, I'd actually consider praying :pray:), then I'll get the official job offer around mid to late May.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:33 PM

My partner's sister passed away this morning at 4:30am, she was battling breast cancer for four years, ever since her little boy died from a brain tumor. She also left behind a 14 year old daughter.

We knew this was coming, we've been waiting for a year but at the same time it feels like a shock knowing she's now gone. We'll be heading down to Texas Friday morning for the funeral.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Uthgar the Brazen

:overwork:

Then :sick:

Now :overwork: again

:shakework:
Old 05-08-2008, 03:28 AM
The Player to be Named Later

Well I haven't been posting lately. One reason is that I've been posting to my blog. I included some stuff that was previously posted here.

My mind is always such a busy place
Old 05-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Uthgar the Brazen

Nice dress! Who's that dude you're with? He's kinda frumpy. :giggle:

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium