Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

View Poll Results: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?
Yes, it is OK. 10 29.41%
Is it OK not to punch a Nazi in the head? 9 26.47%
It's OK, but I prefer the genitals or solar plexus. 15 44.12%
Violence is never the answer, unless the question is some kind of Nazi shit. 16 47.06%
No, it is awesome. 11 32.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2017, 09:44 PM
you're next

Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

i could go all day exchanging links showing how fucked up you all are on either side of the divide. want me to start posting some for your side, too? i don't mind.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:32 AM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

1.) What's this "your side"?

2.) Are your truly suggesting that "liberal" extremists are as likely to resort to violence and outright murder as are extremists on the right? Because the statistics clearly demonstrate that that isn't remotely true.
Thanks, from:
But (09-21-2017), JoeP (09-21-2017), The Man (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 04:44 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man :bonghit:

You know, you liberals are so derisive towards people who don't buy your numbers, it's like you want the statistically illiterate to ride on the back of the bus. Rosa Parks would have something to say about that. You're not really that different from the segregationists you hate.
Thanks, from:
Ari (09-21-2017), slimshady2357 (09-21-2017), The Man (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 04:53 AM
you're next

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
1.) What's this "your side"?

2.) Are your truly suggesting that "liberal" extremists are as likely to resort to violence and outright murder as are extremists on the right? Because the statistics clearly demonstrate that that isn't remotely true.

yes i am.

and though i am certain i can find you statistics cooked up by the Right to prove you wrong, why bother?

let's say you are right. let's say extremists on the right are more violent. ok. what you don't understand is that i see that propensity for violence in both sides and even if one side is currently out front, i see the other side forming one and things getting really out of hand.

i see both sides equally violent. there's no point trying to change my mind about that. you obviously don't. i am not here trolling you. for whatever reason i like coming here. for the same reason you think it's important to question whether or not to punch nazis in the head, i feel the need to speak up against it.

the far right is bonkers, but the far left is excessive order.

hitler vs stalin.

but really, it all ends up just being neighbours finking each other out and following orders they knew were wrong in the pursuit of making things right...and so nothing ever is.

you say you want a revolution...again.

anyhow, give it up. go back to debating on whether or not you should punch somebody for saying stuff.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEZOZE View Post
there's no point trying to change my mind about that. you obviously don't.
And that's pretty-much my whole point -- that statement is essentially tantamount to saying, "My mind is made up; don't confuse me with evidence."
Thanks, from:
Ari (09-21-2017), But (09-21-2017), Crumb (09-21-2017), It's Me! (09-21-2017), JoeP (09-21-2017), Stephen Maturin (09-22-2017), The Man (09-21-2017), Watser? (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 05:23 AM
you're next

the recent amplification of an old divide is the result of the internet and our adjusting to the changes it is making in who we are as people.

the internet is chaos. there are no leaders online. everyone has a voice. i think this actually makes people afraid and unsure. people begin to feel adrift in a sea of opinions and so desperately grab hold of one they relate to the most and that others share. it's an issue of order and community. people surrender their identity for a philosophy in order to not feel alone. to feel accepted. this is why attacking or opposing the philosophy becomes so intensely personal.

or that's what i've been thinking.

this internet stuff is a huge thing in the history of us.

sorry...tangent between bong hits.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:29 AM

I do think that the internet is a big contributor. It makes it so easy for people to seek out like-minded individuals, and to tailor their news intake in such a way that they hear/read only what they want to. As such, it's a great tool for reinforcing prejudice.

Plus, the anonymity afforded by online interaction means that some people are far more willing to say things they'd be reluctant to say in most other settings.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (09-21-2017), The Man (09-21-2017), Zehava (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 10:32 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

That's some lazy ass support of yourself there, but ok sure...
The problem with pseudo centrism is it doesn't stand up to scrutiny, which is why many pseudo centrists like to claim they look at the facts but only make broad sweeping statements, because it's easy to pretend both are equal when counting headlines but harder if you have to look at them.

You will quickly see so much comes down to the fear of possibility, just as Z says, "what you don't understand is that i see that propensity for violence in both sides" it's not even the violence of the left, it's imagined violence. It's the zero sum game that others will be just as shitty to you as you are being to them. It's the same thing that gets people hating BLM because anytime white people say they matter they smash others thus BLM must be an evil hate group despite their entire record of actions. It's also something seen to be held by predominately white people with unexamined privilege and prejudice leanings.

----------The Persecution of the right.----------

First, yay we have a winner! James T Hodgkinson admitted liberal and man living out of a white cargo van did shoot republicans and often screamed about them to people on the street corner.

So ding, you're right, sometimes unstable people living out of vans have left leaning delusions as well.
Injuries, no deaths besides the shooter.

--July 2016--
this dark month liberals of the united states enacted upon good wholesome conservatives…

•A man walked into the middle of a group of Trump supporters and enacted his first amendment right to burn a flag. The Trump supporters tried to steal this American's property and save the life of this poor defenseless flag. A scuffle ensued.
This is being claimed as an attack on the supporters but I'm going to call that a wash.
•Eggs and punches were thrown at a Trump rally in San Jose. Minor injuries reported, Trump attendees sue the city.

Tally: 1 count eggs and 12 person brawl.

--August 2016--
•Trump supporters again forced to walk a "Gauntlet" of verbal harassment for being Trump supporters.
•Old man who sold bum stapler to another man at a garage sale claims he was targeted because of his support for Trump.
•Man 'viciously' attacked with crowbar, he claims because of his shirt in the interview he gives not long after standing perfectly fine with no visible bruises.

Tally: 1 count of intimidation of Trump supporters
2 counts of maybe political maybe need for persecution.

--Sept 2016--
•A man who wanted to get 'attacked' by angry black people gets way to excited over someone taking his hat. Why are they angry? Because an unarmed black man was murdered by the police.

Tally: 1 count, "I was just attacked, you get that, you see that, I was just attacked" -Spoken into purposefully shaky cam
1 count state sanctioned murder of a black person by Trump supporters.

--Oct 2016--
•GOP office Fire bombed and spray painted. No one injured.
Holy shit I think you finally got something here, those dirty liberals, they're just like those greedy murder loving… ...democrats raised $13k through Gofundme, (a service that keeps it's promises to pay, unlike Trump) didn't they? Yeah they did.

Tally: 1 Count Liberal Fire bomber.
1 Count the left taking a definable action to distance itself from the violent extremists.
----------
So far things aren't making the scary liberals look all that horrible, wow they've mostly scared Trump voters and raised money for the GOP, omg, so scary, ahhhhh…

Would you like me to go on? I can, however it quickly deteriorates into high school slap fights, and when your first salvo of evidence includes high school slap fights I'm not sure you really can go on forever here or that you've looked at the evidence at all.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (09-21-2017), The Lone Ranger (09-21-2017), The Man (09-22-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 11:20 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Don't forget that time that a McCain supporter scratched a backwards B for Barack onto her face in 2008.

Sure, she did it to herself, but it was a vivid dramatization of the sort of violence that the left has the propensity for.
Thanks, from:
Ari (09-21-2017), Stephen Maturin (09-22-2017), The Man (09-22-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 01:17 AM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
Don't forget that time that a McCain supporter scratched a backwards B for Barack onto her face in 2008.

Sure, she did it to herself, but it was a vivid dramatization of the sort of violence that the left has the propensity for.
I think Kamilah posted an appropriate comic for this:

On another note, this thread finally pushed me over the edge of adding ZEZOZE to my ignore list. Apparently my tolerance for inane stoned bullshit ends when someone bothsidesdoits Nazi sympathisers.

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

last.fm · my music · Marathon Expanded Universe
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (09-22-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 02:51 AM
you're next

i would never ignore any of you. :(
Old 09-22-2017, 05:20 AM
you're next

i do feel bad for your country under Trump, without even having an opinion of him. i mean, i do have an opinion, but it doesn't matter. he is a very polarizing character. he is an extreme person and he inspires extreme people to either love or hate him. trump is a zeitgeist. blah blah.

you were birthed by countrymen fighting each other. you were all english before you became all american. then you had your proper civil war. you love to fight. you murder or attempt to murder your leaders quite regularly. i mean most western countries balance between liberal and conservative, but you folks are off your rocker.

the problem is that you are the seat of the empire and what happens in rome happens around the empire. you are fracturing in a whole new way. a way of ones and zeroes and absolutes. i really hope you people learn to chill the fuck out down there for the sake of yourselves and us all.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:23 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

I hope we chill the fuck out, too. But I don't think that tolerating Nazis is the way to chill things out. I'm not even in favor of punching them, but I don't understand the false equivalence between Nazis and those who oppose them.
Ari (09-22-2017), The Lone Ranger (09-22-2017), The Man (09-22-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 06:19 PM
you're next

you're all too angry and afraid and paranoid to get what i'm saying.

i give up.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:56 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

What did I say that had anything to do with anger, fear or paranoia?
The Man (09-22-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 07:06 PM
you're next

nothing. probably my own fear and anger and paranoia getting the better of me.
Ari (09-22-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 08:24 PM
Mr. Condescending Dick Nose

Dude, there isn't a better of you. You were always this awful.
The Man (09-22-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 08:31 PM
you're next

yeah, i'm a pretty terrible person.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
i give up.
What are you saying?
From what I can tell you've bought the rights bullshit that as they become more extreme resistance to that extremism is the same thing.
Thanks, from:
The Man (09-22-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 08:45 PM
Mr. Condescending Dick Nose

Quote:
No, but intellectually you're a train-wreck and ethically you're a spineless, whiney coward.
Stephen Maturin (09-22-2017), The Man (09-22-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 08:48 PM
you're next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Quote:
i give up.
What are you saying?
From what I can tell you've bought the rights bullshit that as they become more extreme resistance to that extremism is the same thing.
that's what you can tell. that's not how it is. i guess i just don't explain myself well enough, so i will stop trying.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:49 PM
you're next

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickthinks View Post
Quote:
No, but intellectually you're a train-wreck and ethically you're a spineless, whiney coward.

ah. much better. thanks.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:15 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post

The imaginary perpetrator in the Ashley Todd case was a giant invisible Negro who, because of his invisibility, did not show up on security camera footage. And of course, there was also the fact that he didn't exist. Hence, that was a vivid dramatization of the sort of violence that a specific subset of the left has the propensity for, namely giant imaginary invisible Negros.

At least the Todd incident gave us some good Halloween art. We appear to be getting nothing worthwhile at all from the plethora of dumbfuck Nazi pegboys spraying stupidity all over every little corner of the internet.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
The Man (09-22-2017)
Old 09-23-2017, 03:52 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

And now for something completely different:

'Neo-Nazi' Man Mauled By Lion At Barcelona Zoo | HuffPost UK

2014, and posted without apology.

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
The Man (09-23-2017)
Old 09-23-2017, 04:00 AM

In fun, 'how the right plays centrists' news, the alt right claimed "oh so scared!" after previous protests and in an attempt to appear neutral Berkeley has passed an ordnance making it easier for cops to mass pepper spray unruly protestors. Despite this the alt-right's 'free speech week' has been a failure and appears cancelled (just like the Crissy field protest was cancelled) causing allegedly liberal cities to pass right wing legislation all the while the alt-right cower in fear of imagined violence.
Thanks, from:
The Man (09-23-2017)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law