Default Re: I heartily endorse this event or product

That's what I did with my one kidney havin

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (07-04-2014)
Old 08-06-2014, 01:47 PM
A fellow sophisticate

I've lost over 30 pounds in the last three months while eating one or two of these a day as snacks. They're really tasty and satisfying.

They have other flavors. I recently got some of these for half price because there were old and hard. Flavor-wise, they remind me of the peanut butter flavor Space Food Sticks from back in the 1960s.

Crumb (08-06-2014), Janet (08-06-2014), LadyShea (09-17-2014), ShottleBop (05-02-2016)
Old 08-22-2014, 06:42 PM
Bizarre unknowable space alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Also, I still love this product after years and years even though their websites totally suck. You can find them on eBay at times. I still have and wear a decade+ old pair and they haven't faded, pilled, frayed, or in any way started to deteriorate. And I wear the shit out of them, yo...to the pool, beach, on hikes, kayaking, canoeing. No way could any regular bathing suit bottom withstand that for over 10 years. Hubby's have held up for almost as long through similar abuse and use. Kiddo will get a pair when he stops growing out of everything every two weeks.

Xelos boardshorts
: Made in the US, tons of colors, patterns, and styles to choose from. Love them.
http://boardshortsworld.com/
I finally got around to ordering my board pants today. In what they call powder blue, but I call Man City blue. I will report back after they arrive.
"freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
- Justice Robert Jackson, West Virginia State Board of Ed. v. Barnette
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (09-17-2014)
Old 09-01-2014, 11:42 PM
happy now, Mussolini?

2-in-1 Binocular Visor

As the name suggests...

Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (09-01-2014), Janet (09-02-2014), LadyShea (09-17-2014), Stormlight (09-15-2014)
Old 09-13-2014, 01:35 AM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Today I recommend this Anker mini portable charger.

It holds a decent sized charge, and it adjusts to the device so it charges pretty quickly too. And it's small enough that you can just carry it around all the time. (The description is incorrect, and was probably written by a man. It's not quite as small as a normal lipstick--more the size of a cocoa butter stick. (Holy mackerel. I just checked it against my cocoa butter stick, and it is almost exact. Dang, I'm good.)

The only downsides I've found so far are tradeoffs for the size: It doesn't have an indicator to show how much of a charge it has, and it's small enough that I've lost it pretty hard in my purse twice just in the few weeks I've had it. I figure I'll put some kind of glow in the dark something on it to make it easier to find from now on.
Thanks, from:
Janet (09-13-2014), JoeP (09-13-2014), livius drusus (09-13-2014), Miisa (09-13-2014), Qingdai (12-28-2015), Stormlight (09-15-2014)
Old 09-13-2014, 10:28 AM
NPC

I have a large 13000 mAh Anker charger which I love :squeezle:, but since losing my bag that had my spare cables and my tiny little charger, I find myself occasionally wanting a smaller charger also that is easier to carry for shorter outings. This now in my amazon wishlist, doublethanks!
Janet (09-13-2014), JoeP (09-15-2014), lisarea (09-13-2014)
Old 09-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Solipsist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
The only downsides I've found so far are tradeoffs for the size: It doesn't have an indicator to show how much of a charge it has, and it's small enough that I've lost it pretty hard in my purse twice just in the few weeks I've had it. I figure I'll put some kind of glow in the dark something on it to make it easier to find from now on.
My 32GB flash drive is small enough to lose in a pocket or on a desk, let alone in a bag.

It's more of a thumbnail drive than a thumb drive.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Ari (09-16-2014), Dingfod (09-16-2014), Janet (09-16-2014), lisarea (09-15-2014), Miisa (09-15-2014), Watser? (09-25-2014)
Old 09-16-2014, 04:06 AM
A fellow sophisticate

Fuck your small 32 GB flash drive:

Anastasia Beaverhausen (09-17-2014), Ari (09-16-2014), Janet (09-16-2014), JoeP (09-16-2014), lisarea (09-16-2014), Pan Narrans (09-16-2014), Watser? (09-25-2014)
Old 09-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Solipsist

Oh yeah? Want me to unsheath mine?

Old 09-17-2014, 02:17 AM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Also, I still love this product after years and years even though their websites totally suck. You can find them on eBay at times. I still have and wear a decade+ old pair and they haven't faded, pilled, frayed, or in any way started to deteriorate. And I wear the shit out of them, yo...to the pool, beach, on hikes, kayaking, canoeing. No way could any regular bathing suit bottom withstand that for over 10 years. Hubby's have held up for almost as long through similar abuse and use. Kiddo will get a pair when he stops growing out of everything every two weeks.

Xelos boardshorts
: Made in the US, tons of colors, patterns, and styles to choose from. Love them.
http://boardshortsworld.com/
I finally got around to ordering my board pants today. In what they call powder blue, but I call Man City blue. I will report back after they arrive.
Did you get them yet?
Old 09-17-2014, 05:07 PM

I did and they were too small. I have sent them back for the larger size. In the shower the other day I realized that having board pants meant never having to shave my legs to swim. I am very excited about that.
"freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (09-18-2014), LadyShea (09-18-2014)
Old 10-10-2014, 02:13 AM

OK, so first I have to tell a tragic story: I had a Casio Waveceptor for several years and loved it very very much, but radio controlled watches are pretty tricky to do stuff in because they have the internal antennas and stuff, but it is also a super pain in the butt to get the batteries replaced, so I was just like LOL WHATEVER and I went to replace the batteries and I fucking broke it. And they don't make that model anymore so I couldn't just replace it. So I have been sad about that for months now, and I really dislike not having a watch. It makes me feel stupid and weird.

But then, I thought HEY I should get the same model but with a solar battery so I don't have to go replacing it all the time, so I ordered this one, and I was seriously thinking it was going to be uglier than my previous one because it looked more cluttered, which I don't like, BUT IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL. The face is gray with a very subtle grid and line pattern, which doesn't show up well in the picture, and so not only do I finally have a working watch again, but as a bonus, it makes me feel all handsome too!

So it is not my old Waveceptor's fault that I went in there and hacked it up with a tiny screwdriver. That was a good-assed watch, and I would have recommended that very heartily, but this one is so far even better!
Thanks, from:
Anastasia Beaverhausen (10-19-2014), BrotherMan (10-10-2014), Dingfod (10-10-2014), Ensign Steve (10-13-2014), Janet (10-10-2014), LadyShea (10-10-2014), livius drusus (10-21-2014)
Old 10-10-2014, 05:27 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

I have a very nice Waveceptor myself, solar charged and everything. And though I like the idea of it, I find that I don't like wearing a watch. Especially since I wear it backwards. (I wear the face to the inside of my wrist.) But that's a nice replacement. And I'm not just saying that as part of my agreement to agree with everything you say.
Thanks, from:
Janet (10-10-2014), LadyShea (10-10-2014), livius drusus (10-21-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 01:11 PM
nominalistic existential pragmaticist

I endose LiteIcon, a Mac utility for changing icons in a Mac OS system. I upgraded to OS Yosemite yesterday and was appalled at the folder icons-so saturated! So I searched around for some way to change the default, and came across LiteIcon. Now I have greyed down folders, and they even somewhat match the flat icons Mac OS is now pushing on everything-Minimalism by xenatt.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (10-22-2014), Ensign Steve (10-20-2014), Janet (10-21-2014), livius drusus (10-21-2014)
Old 10-21-2014, 09:56 PM
Admin of THIEVES and SLUGABEDS

I heartily endorse deviantART icons and not just because I used to be the gallery director either. I haven't used a default Windows set in years and I'm still deeply in love with my droplet cursors.
Thanks, from:
curses (10-22-2014), S.Vashti (10-22-2014)
Old 10-22-2014, 03:27 PM
nominalistic existential pragmaticist

(I eventually made my own folder set yesterday, so I gave up Minimalism, but it is a fine icon set)

I like your cursor set, I don't know if I can do that, since I'm on a Mac, and it's been years since I used normal size cursors, all mine are enlarged for my feeble eyes.

And the last time I messed with the system in any profound way was back in system 7 and before, with ResEdit. Now I look on my computer as a tool only, just get it to work without hiccups, and be reasonably "pretty", and I'm happy to let it be.
Thanks, from:
Janet (10-23-2014), livius drusus (10-22-2014)
Old 01-05-2015, 08:02 PM

These are really good for sub $15 on-ear headphones:

JVC Flats review - CNET

They're serviceable and have decent but not audiophile quality sound, but for regular movie watching or podcast listening or whatever, they're pretty good and it won't be a huge disaster when you lose them or they get smashed or whatever.
Thanks, from:
ceptimus (01-05-2015), Janet (01-07-2015), Sock Puppet (01-05-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 05:57 PM
Stoic Derelict... The cup is empty

I have been using this glue to repair all sorts of things, including smooth flat non-porous surfaces. It dries clear, and the hardness is about the same as epoxy. It really sticks and stays stuck. It's basically a contact cement. Glue both surfaces and wait a bit before joining them like 5 to 20 minutes, depending on how stuck you need it to be. It seems to stick really well to just about any clean, dry, oil free surface. In the US it can be had for a dollar a tube at Dollar Tree. It's a small tube, but I like that, because it travels well, and if the containment field is breached :shaketrek: you won't end up with either a large expensive gob of unusable adhesive and or a huge uncleanable mess.
BrotherMan (11-17-2015), Dingfod (11-18-2015), Ensign Steve (11-17-2015), Janet (11-17-2015), JoeP (11-17-2015), lisarea (11-17-2015), livius drusus (11-17-2015), Miisa (11-18-2015), Sock Puppet (11-17-2015), Stormlight (12-28-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 07:24 PM
Solipsist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
if the containment field is breached :shaketrek:

:scotty:

Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (11-18-2015), Dingfod (11-18-2015), Janet (11-17-2015), livius drusus (11-17-2015), Miisa (11-18-2015), SR71 (11-18-2015), Stormlight (12-28-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 08:38 AM
NPC

One of my Buzz Lightyears broke his leg recently and I have been deeply disappointed with several instant super glues, and eventually found help in a similar glue to the one depicted, one of those "wait 5-10 minutes and then press together for a few seconds" ones. Although mine is probably not the same brand, it is basically the same product.

:thumbsup:
BrotherMan (11-18-2015), Janet (11-18-2015), JoeP (11-18-2015), lisarea (11-18-2015), SR71 (11-18-2015), Stormlight (12-28-2015)
Old 12-27-2015, 11:08 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

If you are a cold drinks should be cold and hot drinks should be hot kind of person, have I found the thing for you. My parents don't rave about a lot of things, but ever since they got these, they've been raving about them. I, myself, finally broke down and bought one for myself and one for my roommate. So far, it works as advertised.

Yeti 20oz Rambler Tumbler

They're definitely expensive for, you know, a cup for drinking things out of. But it is that great. If you can get over the cost lump, you should be well pleased with your purchase.
Thanks, from:
lisarea (12-27-2015), SR71 (12-27-2015)
Old 12-28-2015, 05:06 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Is it better than a $20 Stanley™ stainless steel 20 ounce travel mug? I doubt it.
BrotherMan (12-29-2015)
Old 12-28-2015, 05:12 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

:secretlaugh:
Old 03-19-2016, 04:44 AM

Guys, guys! I bought the best freaking pan ever! It's a Swiss Diamond sauce pan, about 3-1/2 to 4 qt capacity. I bought it because Berndes doesn't make saucepans that big anymore. Last night I used it for the second or third time. I was steaming artichokes.

Like the complete idiot I am, I forgot to turn the burner off. But wait, it gets stupider. I put the pan on a hot pad to cool. When I took the artichokes out I put it back on the burner, still not noticing the damn thing was still on. I left it there, all night and all day. I only caught it because I noticed a slight smell when I got home today.

Here is the miraculous thing. The pan is fine! The spots I thought were burned off non-stick coating turned out to be burned on artichoke water. I'm in shock and very, very lucky.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (03-19-2016), Dingfod (03-19-2016), lisarea (03-19-2016), livius drusus (03-19-2016), slimshady2357 (03-19-2016), Sock Puppet (03-21-2016), SR71 (03-19-2016)
Old 04-14-2016, 12:41 AM
A fellow sophisticate

Truvia™ sweetener, for sweetening hot tea. Yum. A half-packet is about right for me.

BrotherMan (03-05-2017), Janet (04-14-2016)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle