Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 12-10-2015, 08:13 PM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Default Re: Should Canada and the U.S. tolerate an intolerant Islam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by godfry n. glad View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watser? View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
We covered that. If Isis = Islam then you yourself are responsible for the Westboro Baptists. Do try to keep up a bit.
I am not a Christian. I am the a Gnostic Christian and that makes a huge difference.

Do try to keep up a bit.

Regards
DL
You mean like Alawites are not Sunnis? Yeah, we don't care about those specifications. You call yourself Christian so on the Christian pile you go.
Get the quote or be seen as lying.

Regards
DL
Lol, you crack me up.

I'll just spell it out for you: Y o u c a l l y o u r s e l f t h e a G n o s t i c C H R I S T I A N

And since you throw all Muslims on a single pile, you go on the Christian pile. No buts, ifs, maybes or second chances.
You show how little you know of religions and Gnostic Christians.

If we were Christian, Christians would not have decimated us. Remain un-informed if you like.

The Jesus Myth - Timothy Freke - YouTube

Regards
DL
Hahahahaha...christians decimated each other for their picayune sectarian differences for centuries. Does the term 'Arian' ring any bells? There is a whole shipload of variant 'heresies' from which to draw upon. The number of christians which christians were willing to decimate is dizzyng...including those who called themselves 'gnostic christians'.

I'm somewhat familiar with the boundaries of gnosticism and its syncretism with what was early christianity. I sincerely doubt that you have an understanding of it.

So, if you are not a christian, why do you use the term in self-describing? It has something of a defined usage, y'know? Is it because you are greasy? Because that would work. You could have just chosen to call yourself a gnostic and it would have been adequate.

But then, being gnostic has absolutely nothing to do with being 'equal before the law'. That is absolute bullshit which you have arbitrarily appended to the term. I'll bet that you haven't a scintilla of secret knowledge.
Secret knowledge. How droll.

I may have knowledge you do not have but I do not keep secrets. Ask me anything.

You are correct that there were many Gnostics. That does not take away from the fact that I am a Gnostic Christian.

As far as I have been able to learn, all Gnostic sects believed in equality as from what I have gleaned, we are all Universalist sects populated by esoteric ecumenists.

You indicate otherwise and I would like to see your source please.

Regards
DL
Fuck you. You haven't shown a single source other than some droll popular literature written by crass sensationalists. I don't have to show you a damned thing.

You're no Christian. Nor are you a Gnostic. You're nothing but a base poseur.
But (12-10-2015), JoeP (12-10-2015), Kael (12-10-2015), Sauron (12-11-2015), Stephen Maturin (12-10-2015), Stormlight (12-16-2015), The Man (12-10-2015), Ymir's blood (12-10-2015)
Old 12-10-2015, 08:52 PM
Solipsist

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
We covered that. If Isis = Islam then you yourself are responsible for the Westboro Baptists. Do try to keep up a bit.
I am not a Christian. I am the a Gnostic Christian and that makes a huge difference.

Do try to keep up a bit.

Regards
DL
You mean like Alawites are not Sunnis? Yeah, we don't care about those specifications. You call yourself Christian so on the Christian pile you go.

Regards
DL
Lol, you crack me up.

I'll just spell it out for you: Y o u c a l l y o u r s e l f t h e a G n o s t i c C H R I S T I A N

And since you throw all Muslims on a single pile, you go on the Christian pile. No buts, ifs, maybes or second chances.

If we were Christian, Christians would not have decimated us. Remain un-informed if you like.

Regards
DL
Hahahahaha...christians decimated each other for their picayune sectarian differences for centuries. Does the term 'Arian' ring any bells? There is a whole shipload of variant 'heresies' from which to draw upon. The number of christians which christians were willing to decimate is dizzyng...including those who called themselves 'gnostic christians'.

I'm somewhat familiar with the boundaries of gnosticism and its syncretism with what was early christianity. I sincerely doubt that you have an understanding of it.

So, if you are not a christian, why do you use the term in self-describing? It has something of a defined usage, y'know? Is it because you are greasy? Because that would work. You could have just chosen to call yourself a gnostic and it would have been adequate.

But then, being gnostic has absolutely nothing to do with being 'equal before the law'. That is absolute bullshit which you have arbitrarily appended to the term. I'll bet that you haven't a scintilla of secret knowledge.

I may have knowledge you do not have but I do not keep secrets. Ask me anything.

You are correct that there were many Gnostics. That does not take away from the fact that I am a Gnostic Christian.

As far as I have been able to learn, all Gnostic sects believed in equality as from what I have gleaned, we are all Universalist sects populated by esoteric ecumenists.

Regards
DL
Fuck you. You haven't shown a single source other than some droll popular literature written by crass sensationalists. I don't have to show you a damned thing.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do try to keep up a bit.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Lol, you crack me up.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do try to keep up a bit.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Lol, you crack me up.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Or even a pathetic troll.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
The Man (12-10-2015), Ymir's blood (12-10-2015)
Old 12-10-2015, 09:50 PM
Coffin Creep

Thin and rubbery, loathsome Trolls are able to regenerate, so that beginning the third melee round after one is hit it will begin to repair itself.
Kael (12-10-2015), livius drusus (12-22-2015), Pan Narrans (12-11-2015), S.Vashti (12-11-2015), Sock Puppet (12-10-2015), SR71 (12-14-2015), Stormlight (12-16-2015), The Lone Ranger (12-10-2015), The Man (12-11-2015), Watser? (12-11-2015)
Old 12-10-2015, 10:15 PM
Captain #EmbraceTheImpossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymir's blood View Post
Thin and rubbery, loathsome Trolls are able to regenerate, so that beginning the third melee round after one is hit it will begin to repair itself.
That's what flasks of oil are for...

:kiwf::troll:
Kael (12-10-2015), S.Vashti (12-11-2015), SR71 (12-14-2015), Stormlight (12-16-2015), The Lone Ranger (12-10-2015), The Man (12-11-2015), Ymir's blood (12-10-2015)
Old 12-10-2015, 10:21 PM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Man, it took me forever to get past this guy on my first trip up the 7,000 Steps.

Thanks, from:
Crumb (12-11-2015), Kael (12-10-2015), S.Vashti (12-11-2015), specious_reasons (12-10-2015), SR71 (12-14-2015), Stephen Maturin (12-10-2015), Stormlight (12-16-2015), The Man (12-11-2015), Watser? (12-10-2015), Ymir's blood (12-10-2015), Zehava (12-10-2015)
Old 12-10-2015, 11:29 PM
Coffin Creep

Yeah, that was the big reason I tended to wait awhile to make that trip, though if you were a ranged character, it was possible to climb the rocky cliff on the left side of the path and get into a spot where you could snipe the thing down.
Stormlight (12-16-2015), The Lone Ranger (12-11-2015), The Man (12-11-2015)
Old 12-11-2015, 11:15 AM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Quote:
Quote:

Do try to keep up a bit.

Regards
DL
The differences between a Druze, a Nation of Islam adherent and a moderate Sunni are bigger than the difference between you and evangelical Christians, and yet you are happy to lump them all together. I am merely applying your own standards, and according to that standard, you most certainly are a Christian. Of course you could change your mind and decide that perhaps some of the details of how someone interprets a belief can matter quite a lot, but then the same must apply to Islam.

If we continue to apply your standards, we find that apparently you are adherent of an immoral religion that we should counteract, as the violent and immoral ideas are not compatible with democracy, as we have recently seen demonstrated again when one of your coreligionists terrorists shot up a birth control center. This religion is seeking to gain control of our schools, and promotes changing our laws to match their religious ideas. They constantly apply pressure to try to force their outdated sexist, homophobic and violently divisive ideas down our collective throats, and to change society in line with their anachronistic values.

So I assume you will voluntarily deport yourself at the earliest opportunity, or just accept you are a hypocrite.
Thanks, from:
godfry n. glad (12-11-2015), JoeP (12-11-2015), Kael (12-11-2015), lisarea (12-11-2015), livius drusus (12-22-2015), Pan Narrans (12-11-2015), Sock Puppet (12-14-2015), SR71 (12-14-2015), Stormlight (12-16-2015), The Man (12-11-2015), Watser? (12-11-2015), Ymir's blood (12-11-2015)
Old 12-11-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[

No, I was pointing out your posts are ignorant and bigoted. This one is a good example.
The dimwitted are always quick to try to label.

It makes things so simple for them.

Regards
DL
They are indeed. Hence your conflation of Isis and Islam and sweeping generalizations about that religion and the cultures of the people who follow it. And your simplistic "Western Democracies vs Islam" narrative.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (12-11-2015), Kael (12-11-2015), lisarea (12-11-2015), livius drusus (12-22-2015), Stormlight (12-16-2015), The Man (12-11-2015), Watser? (12-11-2015), Ymir's blood (12-11-2015)
Old 12-11-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do try to keep up a bit.

Regards
DL
The differences between a Druze, a Nation of Islam adherent and a moderate Sunni are bigger than the difference between you and evangelical Christians, and yet you are happy to lump them all together. I am merely applying your own standards, and according to that standard, you most certainly are a Christian. Of course you could change your mind and decide that perhaps some of the details of how someone interprets a belief can matter quite a lot, but then the same must apply to Islam.

If we continue to apply your standards, we find that apparently you are adherent of an immoral religion that we should counteract, as the violent and immoral ideas are not compatible with democracy, as we have recently seen demonstrated again when one of your coreligionists terrorists shot up a birth control center. This religion is seeking to gain control of our schools, and promotes changing our laws to match their religious ideas. They constantly apply pressure to try to force their outdated sexist, homophobic and violently divisive ideas down our collective throats, and to change society in line with their anachronistic values.

So I assume you will voluntarily deport yourself at the earliest opportunity, or just accept you are a hypocrite.
Seek a life.

Regards
DL
Old 12-11-2015, 01:12 PM
Fishy mokey

So it's the hypocrite option then?
JoeP (12-11-2015), Kael (12-11-2015), livius drusus (12-22-2015), Pan Narrans (12-11-2015), Sock Puppet (12-14-2015), Stormlight (12-16-2015), The Man (12-11-2015), Vivisectus (12-11-2015), Ymir's blood (12-11-2015)
Old 12-11-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do try to keep up a bit.

Regards
DL

Seek a life.

Regards
DL
I will definitely consider that as my plan B, but I think I will try shit-posting stupid crypto-fascist claptrap with lots of youtube videos in it first.
Thanks, from:
But (12-11-2015), JoeP (12-11-2015), Kael (12-11-2015), livius drusus (12-22-2015), Pan Narrans (12-11-2015), Sock Puppet (12-14-2015), SR71 (12-14-2015), Stephen Maturin (12-11-2015), Stormlight (12-16-2015), The Man (12-11-2015), Watser? (12-11-2015), Ymir's blood (12-11-2015)
Old 12-11-2015, 01:50 PM
Solipsist

I quite like this troll. Many of the classic elements: well-contained anger (we can hope), loads of shitposting of videos, actually responds to challenges - unlike bobsavegetable (in correct troll fashion, with attacks or evasion, not substance), always quotes the wall of text he's not substantively responding to. And perseveres.

Thanks, from:
Crumb (12-11-2015), lisarea (12-11-2015), livius drusus (12-22-2015), Pan Narrans (12-11-2015), Sock Puppet (12-14-2015), SR71 (12-14-2015), Stephen Maturin (12-11-2015), Stormlight (12-16-2015), The Man (12-11-2015)
Old 12-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Dark Lord, on the Dark Throne

Quote:
Are members of the Red Cross perpetuating slavery the way Islam does?
Are members of the Red Crescent committing genocide like the Christian Serbians did in Bosnia?

Nope; didn't think so.
JoeP (12-11-2015), Stormlight (12-16-2015), The Man (12-12-2015)
Old 12-11-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:

Which is why I dislike them all except for my own, Gnostic Christianity, which demands that all be considered as equal before the law. Equal in opportunity, not equal in outcome.

Regards
Hopefully, someone else has already LOL'ed at this.

If not, let my LOL be the first LOL you receive.

You're welcome.
Stormlight (12-16-2015)
Old 12-11-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
There has been plenty of Christian-on-Christian persecution and violence throughout history.
I agree.

Idol worshipers seem to like to use force when they cannot persuade via ideology.

Most religions follow the same violent formulae whenever they get the majority numbers.

Regards
DL
Aha.

This would be the well-known "No True Gnostic Christian" fallacy about to rear its trollish head.
livius drusus (12-22-2015), Stormlight (12-16-2015), The Lone Ranger (12-11-2015), The Man (12-12-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 12:22 AM
Mr. Condescending Dick Nose

Quote:
We owe others a lot more debt than we do Islam.
Do we? Tell us which other faith has produced a culture which matches Islam's contribution to Western civilisation.

My main point was to wonder why Muslims do not seem to be keeping up with the rest of the world in term of producing intelligent thought.
Are you sure it isn't you who is failing to keep up with the producers of intelligent thought?

Last edited by mickthinks; 12-12-2015 at 12:34 AM.
Thanks, from:
livius drusus (12-22-2015), Stephen Maturin (12-12-2015), Stormlight (12-16-2015), The Man (12-12-2015), Vivisectus (12-16-2015), Watser? (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 04:26 PM

Muslim parents on how they talk tot heir children about extremism and their religion
Thanks, from:
lisarea (12-16-2015), Stormlight (12-18-2015), The Man (12-16-2015), Watser? (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Solipsist

:fixed:

for reals - superfluous http in the URL

Thanks, from:
The Man (12-16-2015), Vivisectus (12-17-2015), Watser? (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 05:16 PM
Solipsist

This is cool. And heart-warming. And sadly necessary.

What America also needs is to hear how right-wing Christian parents are talking to their children about "right wing" and/or "Christian" hatred, extremism, radicalisation etc.

Thanks, from:
lisarea (12-16-2015), Sauron (12-19-2015), Stormlight (12-18-2015), The Man (12-16-2015), Vivisectus (12-17-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 05:52 PM

Yeah, good luck with that.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (12-16-2015), lisarea (12-16-2015), livius drusus (12-22-2015), Sauron (12-19-2015), Stormlight (12-18-2015), The Man (12-16-2015), Vivisectus (12-17-2015)
Old 12-17-2015, 10:43 PM

Chilling video terrifies nation.
Thanks, from:
But (12-19-2015), JoeP (12-18-2015), Kael (12-18-2015), lisarea (12-17-2015), Sock Puppet (12-17-2015), Stormlight (12-18-2015), The Man (12-18-2015), Watser? (12-17-2015)
Old 12-17-2015, 10:59 PM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Which is why there are 'Republicans for Bernie Sanders' groups.
Stormlight (12-18-2015), The Lone Ranger (12-17-2015), The Man (12-18-2015), Watser? (12-17-2015)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law