Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 10-26-2009, 12:11 AM
Admin of THIEVES and SLUGABEDS

Law Law firm seeks secretary/hooker for servicing lawyers and light filing

I shit you not. A small law firm specializing in immigration cases put an ad on the Adult Gigs section of Craigslist for a legal secretary/fuck toy.

The ad itself obliquely referred to "additional duties" and asked for measurements and pics, but it's the follow up email to woman who applied for the job mistakenly thinking that they were just looking for pretty applicants that is the real kicker.

EWWWWAs this is posted in the “adult gigs” section, in addition to the legal work, you would be required to have sexual interaction with me and my partner, sometimes together sometimes separate. This part of the job would require sexy dressing and flirtatious interaction with me and my partner, as well as sexual interaction. You will have to be comfortable doing this with us.

Lastly, we’ve actually hired a couple of girls in the past for this position. But they have not been able to handle the sexual aspect of the job later. We have to be sure you’re comfortable with that aspect, because I don’t want you to do anything that you’re not comfortable with. So since that time, we’ve decided that as part of the interview process you’ll be required to perform for us sexually (i didn’t do this before with the other girls i hired, now i think i have to because they couldn’t handle it). Because that aspect is an integral part of the job, I think it’s necessary to see if you can do that, because it’ll predict future behavior of you being able to handle it when you have the job.

And all of that for a salary of $50,000 to $75,000. The applicant didn't respond after that (surprise, surprise) and reported the firm to the Illinois Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission.

They're looking into what seem to me some pretty Mickey Mouse charges (lying to the commission, bringing the profession into disrepute yuk yuk). Surely there are criminal charges to be brought in here somewhere.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:33 AM
not very big for a grown-up

Default Re: Law firm seeks secretary/hooker for servicing lawyers and light filing

It pisses me off:

I am an: energetic woman

I can do: general secretarial work, some paralegal work and additional duties for two lawyers.

But there are times when I'm just not comfortable performing sexually.
Quote:
Mr. Chowhan is admitted to practice in the State of Illinois and The United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He is also a member of leading legal and professional organizations that include the American Bar Association, the Illinois Bar Association, the American Immigration Lawyers Association, and the Chicago Bar Association.
ChuckF (10-26-2009), Dingfod (10-26-2009), livius drusus (10-26-2009)
Old 10-26-2009, 12:35 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

Default Re: Law firm seeks secretary/hooker for servicing lawyers and light filing

Unless this office is in Spain then all bets are off.
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (10-26-2009), Dingfod (10-26-2009)
Old 10-26-2009, 12:37 AM
not very big for a grown-up

You wish you were Spanish right now Mr B. Man.
Dingfod (10-26-2009), wei yau (10-26-2009)
Old 10-26-2009, 01:05 AM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesifer View Post
It pisses me off:

I can do: general secretarial work, some paralegal work and additional duties for two lawyers.

So...Don't apply for the job.

It sounds like that's a deal-breaker.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:12 AM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

maybe its just me but i dont see what they did that was so bad. they were open and honest. If someone wants to hire a fucktoy/secretay and pay them a fair wage. I dont see the issue. That the firm evidentally hired others and fired them when they didnt put out- that does bother me.
Dingfod (10-26-2009)
Old 10-26-2009, 01:13 AM

The job posting doesn't actually mention the hooking requirement. It's left intentionally vague.

I just don't get why there aren't criminal charges involved. I was under the impression that soliciting prostitution is a crime. Cops swarmed all over that DC madam lady, while the johns all walked away. That was bad enough, but in this case the johns are actually advertising. It's a pretty slimy form of bigotry, imo.
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (10-26-2009)
Old 10-26-2009, 01:19 AM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

What? And hiring for legal support services and then demanding free sex on the side isn't?

I rather had the impression that working for a law firm was equivalent to getting screwed anyway.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfry n. glad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesifer View Post
It pisses me off:

So...Don't apply for the job.

It sounds like that's a deal-breaker.
shit. looks like i agree with godfry. maybe i should rethink my position :tmtongue:
Dingfod (10-26-2009)
Old 10-26-2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livius drusus View Post
The job posting doesn't actually mention the hooking requirement. It's left intentionally vague.

I just don't get why there aren't criminal charges involved. I was under the impression that soliciting prostitution is a crime. Cops swarmed all over that DC madam lady, while the johns all walked away. That was bad enough, but in this case the johns are actually advertising. It's a pretty slimy form of bigotry, imo.
well. i think they knew that they would be violating the law if they openly posted the job. and they did tell her before they hired her. what bigotry are you speaking of?

if the way we treat mmadams and prostitues is wrong the answer isnt to punish johns more harshly. its to quit punishing the hos.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:25 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
i think they knew that they would be violating the law if they openly posted the job.
Indeed.

Also that whole thing about having interview sex and if that goes well you might get the job, that is obviously kosher.

On a somewhat related note did anybody see last week's South Park with the undercover prostitution busts? I lol'ed.
Thanks, from:
erimir (10-26-2009), livius drusus (10-26-2009), Watser? (10-26-2009)
Old 10-26-2009, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
well. i think they knew that they would be violating the law if they openly posted the job. and they did tell her before they hired her.
They were violating the law by hiring a sex worker, period. It doesn't matter what they said in the ad, except insofar as it's a rebuttal to the "don't apply if you don't want your bosses to fuck you" argument.

Quote:
what bigotry are you speaking of?

if the way we treat mmadams and prostitues is wrong the answer isnt to punish johns more harshly. its to quit punishing the hos.
As long as the laws on are the books, they should be enforced equitably. It's bigotry to punish one side of the illegal sex trade (ie, mainly women) and not the other (ie, mainly men).
Thanks, from:
Deadlokd (10-26-2009), Ernie Lundquist (10-26-2009), Watser? (10-26-2009), wei yau (10-26-2009)
Old 10-26-2009, 01:36 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

And way to not think things through, idiots. Let's say these pathetic johns hire their fantasy secretary-prostitute and she refuses to have sex with them. So they fire her. How exactly do they think that lawsuit will turn out for them? But yeah since they were trolling for salaried sex on Craigslist I'm guessing these creeps aren't exactly top tier counsel to begin with.
Thanks, from:
Anastasia Beaverhausen (10-26-2009), curses (10-26-2009), Dingfod (10-26-2009), freemonkey (10-26-2009), LadyShea (10-26-2009), livius drusus (10-26-2009), Nullifidian (10-26-2009), slimshady2357 (10-26-2009), Smilin (10-26-2009), Sock Puppet (10-26-2009), Watser? (10-26-2009)
Old 10-26-2009, 03:07 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

:yeahthat:

Also solicitation is illegal, as it stands that's the law, they should be charged.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:40 PM
A fellow sophisticate

I'm suing them for age and gender discrimination.
Thanks, from:
Kael (10-26-2009)
Old 10-29-2009, 05:07 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

BBC NEWS | Americas | Fan denies sex-for-tickets gambit

Quote:
Her lawyer said his client never explicitly offered sex, adding that she was merely "a nice lady overcome with Phillies fever".
Thanks, from:
livius drusus (10-29-2009)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law