Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum

Old 12-11-2023, 11:49 PM

Default Why Are People So Opposed To Truth?

It seems incredible to me. But it seems that is the way the vast majority of people are. And just about every forum out there. How incredibly low. How utterly vile. I wonder why those people and most forum moderators don't just join the church of satan or something.

I tried to speak truthfully here. But for the most part all I got were insults. A few I even had to put on ignore. Also, there is a forum out there that allows truth to a little more of a degree than this place does. It is called the truth zone forum. And it is even more of a ghost town than this place is.

So, maybe one of you people around here who are so opposed to the truth would care to explain to me why you are that way.
Old 12-12-2023, 03:09 AM
Rambling Old Fart

Default Re: Why Are People So Opposed To Truth?

I want nothing to do with your deluded notions of what is "Truth."
And the Mods, here are to be commended for their patience with your crap.
Thanks, from:
Qingdai (12-15-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
You mean you just don't want anything to do with the truth. I run across fools like you at every forum I go to. Are you that way naturally? Or do you actually get paid to help keep people stupid. I've posted many threads around here. You have never pointed out something untrue I said in any of them.
Old 12-13-2023, 01:51 AM
Forum gadfly

I might be able to help you out with this one. If you can handle the truth.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 12-13-2023, 04:53 AM
(((The Spartacus of Anatevka)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by disobey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
You mean you just don't want anything to do with the truth. I run across fools like you at every forum I go to. Are you that way naturally? Or do you actually get paid to help keep people stupid. I've posted many threads around here. You have never pointed out something untrue I said in any of them.
Oh, STFU. You're an incredibly intellectually dishonest poster who would refuse to recognize the truth if it got in your face and grabbed you by the balls.
Old 12-13-2023, 02:25 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShottleBop View Post
You're an incredibly intellectually dishonest poster who would refuse to recognize the truth if it got in your face and grabbed you by the balls.
:yawn:

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 12-13-2023, 03:30 PM
Rambling Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
OH, Goody! The Mortimer and Charly Act is back.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (12-14-2023), Kamilah Hauptmann (12-13-2023), Sock Puppet (12-13-2023), Stephen Maturin (12-17-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Sure. Lay your "truth" on me. It ought to be good for a hoot.
Old 12-13-2023, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShottleBop View Post
You're an incredibly intellectually dishonest poster who would refuse to recognize the truth if it got in your face and grabbed you by the balls.
:yawn:
I see you posted a reply by one of the jackoffs that I have on my ignore list. ShottleBop. That person had the same opportunity as anybody else around here. If he (or it) thought I said anything that is wrong in any of my threads, all that person had to do was tell me what it was and why. But it chose to insult me instead. That is why it is on my ignore list.
Old 12-16-2023, 10:51 AM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
I see you posted a reply by one of the jackoffs that I have on my ignore list.
Since almost every last person posting here is some sort of jackoff, the chances are high of that happening.

Quote:
Quote:
First off, you already helped out.
Quote:
See? Well, of course you don't see. But if you could, you would see you just did the exact thing you are bitching about. I simply said "I might be able to help you out", which is 100% true, and you scoffed and in advance stated it would be "a hoot".

Previously I tried to help you out, and you flat out stated that if it didn't involve "your truth", or whatever topic you are focused on, you didn't care. In this, you are pretty much exactly like your "enemies", and those you look down upon.

Agai, I doubt you will understand this, because you can't handle the truth. Haha

That's a joke, but it's funny because it's true.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 12-16-2023, 10:53 AM
Forum gadfly

Here's some more truth. Which you will scoff at, ignore, mock or something. You certainly won't embrace it. Which is what you are complaining about.

Which is ironic.

"We can see others faults with ease, but our own faults, they are very very hard to see."

Now remember, this is in regards to your query, "Why Are People So Opposed To Truth?"

It's not that everyone is opposed to "truth", it's that people don't agree on what is true. That is a very different problem.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 12-16-2023, 03:37 PM
God Made Me A Skeptic

Having pointed out a concrete thing you said that was obviously wrong, and seen you dodge and make excuses and then declare your simultaneous retreat and victory in response, I think I see the problem here.

Here's a helpful tip: Everyone is wrong at least sometimes. You can reliably spot someone who is completely full of shit because they never say they were actually just plain wrong. If someone is not at least periodically saying "oh, yeah, i guess i was wrong about that", that doesn't mean they're rarely wrong; it means they're constantly wrong and lying about it.

Pro tip: You can and should use this on yourself because your brain can lie to you about whether you're wrong, but will have a hard time overcoming this simple, objective, test that actually works quite well.
Save me / and when you see me strut / remind me of what left this outlaw torn
Thanks, from:
Crumb (12-17-2023), JoeP (12-16-2023), Kamilah Hauptmann (12-16-2023), ShottleBop (12-19-2023)
Old 12-16-2023, 04:04 PM
God Made Me A Skeptic

Wait why is this even in the game forum?

Like, look at the rest of the threads here.

Placing this thread in this forum is its own separate error distinct from the factual errors.
Thanks, from:
ceptimus (12-16-2023), JoeP (12-16-2023), Kamilah Hauptmann (12-16-2023)
Old 12-16-2023, 04:18 PM
Rambling Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebs View Post
Wait why is this even in the game forum?

Like, look at the rest of the threads here.

Placing this thread in this forum is its own separate error distinct from the factual errors.
Good catch.

That supports my earlier hypothesis.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (12-16-2023)
Old 12-16-2023, 05:56 PM
Solipsist

Mistakes can be corrected. disobey, what forum do you want it moved to?

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Kamilah Hauptmann (12-16-2023)
Old 12-16-2023, 08:09 PM
Forum gadfly

This a game sub forum?

I did not even know that!

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 12-17-2023, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I see you posted a reply by one of the jackoffs that I have on my ignore list.
Since almost every last person posting here is some sort of jackoff, the chances are high of that happening.

Quote:
Quote:
First off, you already helped out.
Quote:
See? Well, of course you don't see. But if you could, you would see you just did the exact thing you are bitching about. I simply said "I might be able to help you out", which is 100% true, and you scoffed and in advance stated it would be "a hoot".

Previously I tried to help you out, and you flat out stated that if it didn't involve "your truth", or whatever topic you are focused on, you didn't care. In this, you are pretty much exactly like your "enemies", and those you look down upon.

Agai, I doubt you will understand this, because you can't handle the truth. Haha

That's a joke, but it's funny because it's true.

I said your "truth" should be good for a hoot. And it was! Just as I expected. As opposed to the truth as always.
Old 12-17-2023, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Having pointed out a concrete thing you said that was obviously wrong, and seen you dodge and make excuses and then declare your simultaneous retreat and victory in response, I think I see the problem here.

Here's a helpful tip: Everyone is wrong at least sometimes. You can reliably spot someone who is completely full of shit because they never say they were actually just plain wrong. If someone is not at least periodically saying "oh, yeah, i guess i was wrong about that", that doesn't mean they're rarely wrong; it means they're constantly wrong and lying about it.

Pro tip: You can and should use this on yourself because your brain can lie to you about whether you're wrong, but will have a hard time overcoming this simple, objective, test that actually works quite well.
Bullshit. Tell me anything I said that you pointed out as being untrue. Tell me what thread it was in and what the post number of your reply was. Don't just say you did so. PROVE it.
Old 12-17-2023, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Here's some more truth. Which you will scoff at, ignore, mock or something. You certainly won't embrace it. Which is what you are complaining about.

Which is ironic.

"We can see others faults with ease, but our own faults, they are very very hard to see."

Now remember, this is in regards to your query, "Why Are People So Opposed To Truth?"

It's not that everyone is opposed to "truth", it's that people don't agree on what is true. That is a very different problem.

Oh, the old "make it about me" ploy. Sorry, I'm not buying it. Next, it doesn't matter in the slightest what people agree or disagree about what is true. I lay my version of the truth out in front of them for them to see clearly. If I said something that they think is untrue, all they have to do is point it out and tell me why they think it is untrue.
Old 12-17-2023, 12:45 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Quote:
Quote:

Bullshit. Tell me anything I said that you pointed out as being untrue. Tell me what thread it was in and what the post number of your reply was. Don't just say you did so. PROVE it.
You just demonstrated what he said.

:AB: :canada:
Old 12-17-2023, 12:48 AM

Quote:
This a game sub forum?

Continue to not know it. Because it is bullshit. And maybe if this joke forum had more accurate names for the various sections, there would be less confusion about it. What did people in the colosseum in ancient Rome do? Watch people fight it out. That is basically what is going on here. But doing so with words.
Old 12-17-2023, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilah Hauptmann View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Go haunt somebody elses thread.
Old 12-17-2023, 02:17 AM
Rambling Old Fart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilah Hauptmann View Post

Go haunt somebody elses thread.
Poor boy.
Never have figured out that once you start a thread, it's not yours. It goes out there and becomes the property of the whole fucking world, and anybody who contributes to it is an equal owner in the entire thread.

It's kinda like Communism, only with words.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (12-17-2023), Kamilah Hauptmann (12-17-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 03:50 AM
God Made Me A Skeptic

Quote:

Okay, so.

Given that you lied about it then, why would I expect anything different to happen this time?

Back in post #62 in your dumbass thread about retailers lying about shoplifting, I pointed out, repeatedly and in different ways, that you were even pointing out that you knew they had to be lying, and yet, you were also demanding that we accept their claims as true.

That's a pretty serious error, and every time you look at it, you get mad and run away and claim I'm stupid. You have never provided an actual response to the substance of the claim, and you can't.

That's my point. You can't actually engage at all, and your brain is telling you "there were stupid things, we don't need to think about them" and you're feeling smug about how smart you are that you're ignoring stupid things, but in the process you're missing the part where many of those things are actually pretty important corrections to mistakes you've made.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (12-17-2023), JoeP (12-17-2023), Kamilah Hauptmann (12-17-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 03:52 AM
God Made Me A Skeptic

Quote:
Quote:
This a game sub forum?

Continue to not know it. Because it is bullshit. And maybe if this joke forum had more accurate names for the various sections, there would be less confusion about it. What did people in the colosseum in ancient Rome do? Watch people fight it out. That is basically what is going on here. But doing so with words.

No, we're playing games and talking about games. (1) Read the threads. (2) It's right here:

Quote:
The Colosseum (4 Viewing)
We who are about to play salute you.

Note, "play". We're in "The Amphitheater", which is the fun social activity side of things; the debate/discussion stuff is generally over in "The Marketplace" [of ideas].

Your lack of reading comprehension is not a problem with the forum. We've had game threads going on in this forum for at least a decade, and we don't have trouble with the other users being unable to figure it out. I think it is actually literally just you.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (12-17-2023), JoeP (12-17-2023)

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum