Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 12-15-2019, 11:10 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Default Re: 2016 Presidential Race

Yeah, but it's not a huge sample size.

I mean, nobody had ever been elected US president without holding public office (elected or military) previously either.

And I'm not a fan of Jeremy Corbyn and was skeptical of him from the beginning but I don't think the evidence is that he lost primarily because of his economic policies. They probably furthered the narrative of him as an extremist, going along with his activities relating to terrorism, reflexively denying Russia's involvement in Skripal, attempting to purge people from the party, the anti-Zionism shading into Semitism etc. It all fits as a larger picture, but if he only had the economic policies and not that other stuff people would probably had more confidence in him as a potential PM.

So I think it's possible that someone who's more of a Elizabeth Warren type would've done a lot better - someone who's pushing to the left but not attacking everyone who even slightly disagrees and who doesn't have a lot of baggage seen as extreme. I don't think it's clear Labour needs to go hard to the center before trying anything else.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:41 PM
mesospheric bore

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
Yeah, but it's not a huge sample size.
I'm a Bayesian, it's big enough ;) More relevantly, it's enough for Blair 2.0 wannabes to make a case.

Quote:
And I'm not a fan of Jeremy Corbyn and was skeptical of him from the beginning but I don't think the evidence is that he lost primarily because of his economic policies.
TBH I'm not convinced any Labour leader could have won this one. The party is too divided and the media environment to bad for them.
mickthinks (12-16-2019), The Man (12-16-2019)
Old 01-03-2021, 12:35 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilah Hauptmann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AynMisesLibertarian View Post
This is literally the happiest moment in my life
Wouldn't have thought it possible, but you've managed to make me pity you.

:manhug:
If anyone thought the last financial bubble was big, they ain't seen nuthin' yet. It won't be the guys with private security forces who suffer, so, I suppose this bro is one of those guys. Or delusional.
The whole COVID thing moved the timetable up some I guess.

I wonder if AynMise has figured out how to keep the armed guards from taking over the luxury survival bunker.

:AB: :canada:
Old 09-12-2021, 03:56 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilah Hauptmann View Post
So, how many of you :Americans: had your guns taken and got sent to the FEMA Death Panel Camps?
I'll never forget it. The day after the Obama-created false flag op known as Sandy Hook, Obama broke down our front door, murdered our entire family, stole all our guns, and shipped our moldering corpses off to FEMA gulags. We were released and reanimated today immediately after Trump took the oath of office. We would have gotten back our guns, but Obama had them melted down and fashioned into 20-inch spiked metal dildos for the Clintons and John Podesta to use in their satanic infant rape rituals. :sadcheer:

How's it going?

Thanks, from:
lisarea (09-12-2021), SharonDee (09-14-2021), Stephen Maturin (05-18-2022), viscousmemories (09-12-2021)
Old 05-18-2022, 05:13 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (05-18-2022), ChuckF (05-18-2022), Crumb (05-18-2022), Ensign Steve (05-26-2022), fragment (05-18-2022), JoeP (05-18-2022), Kevlar (05-18-2022), mickthinks (05-18-2022), Pan Narrans (05-18-2022), SharonDee (05-19-2022), slimshady2357 (05-18-2022), Sock Puppet (05-19-2022), Stephen Maturin (05-18-2022), viscousmemories (05-18-2022)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law