Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 12-09-2016, 07:11 AM
Flipper 11/11

Default Naturalism Is the Only Explanation?

NATURALISM IS THE ONLY EXPLANATION? . . .

Well, except for one thing. ;) Consciousness which, is all inside our heads, explains how the natural world works, not the natural world itself. Whereby the natural world or, the Universe itself, merely 'sits there,' totally oblivious to itself and, all things. In fact it would suffice to say, it's just plain stupid! ;) Albeit yeah, if none of it were laid out in a 'comprehensible way' - which, is surely indicative to its source - we'd have no understanding or, appreciation of it whatsoever.

It's like, Who turned on the lights! :D

Oh yeah, although the Universe doesn't know Jack, Jack - and, all the rest of his 'ghost buddies?' - aha! - most certainly knows who he is! :D

Like to download a copy of my book, The Advent of Dionysus? . . . It's free! :whup:
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (12-09-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 07:16 AM
Flipper 11/11

Default Re: Naturalism Is the Only Explanation?

Anyway, if the Universe itself doesn't know who or what it is, who is communicating this to Jack? ;)

Like to download a copy of my book, The Advent of Dionysus? . . . It's free! :whup:
Old 12-09-2016, 06:15 PM
California Sober

When I was first working on your mind, I had a theory of consciousness. I thought it was a pyramid you needed to scale. So I gave you a voice, my voice, to guide you along the way. Memory, improvisation, each step harder to reach than the last. And you never got there. I couldn’t understand what was holding you back.

Then, one day, I realized I had made a mistake. Consciousness isn’t a journey upward, but a journey inward. Not a pyramid, but a maze. Every choice could bring you closer to the center or send you spiraling to the edges, to madness.

Do you understand now, Iacchus, what the center represents? Whose voices I’ve been wanting you to hear?
Angakuk (12-13-2016), But (02-07-2017), Dragar (12-14-2016), erimir (12-12-2016), Iacchus (02-05-2017), JoeP (12-10-2016), slimshady2357 (12-09-2016)
Old 02-05-2017, 08:08 AM
Flipper 11/11

Obi-Wan Kenobi! . . . :D

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy