Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2017, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Iffy therapies given thumbs up by the FDA. SCARY! I'm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
How can you know what is nonsense when you grab a line to make fun of and make this your platform.
Oh, you know, due diligence and critical analysis, mainly. Read a source (whether it's the Authentic Text, your Corrupted Text, or one of your Holocaust deniers), analyze it critically, and determine whether there is a factual basis to suggest that the claims it makes are true. Investigate whether it presents actual evidence, and whether that evidence supports the claims it advances. That kind of thing. It is a very basic skill, peacegirl. It starts with actually reading the articles you post, instead of just blindly copying and pasting them. You should start doing that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Anybody with the least amount of intelligence would see what you're doing. You are so busted it's not worth repeating the same responses to your crazy posts.
I certainly hope it is totally clear to everyone what I am doing, peacegirl. I think it is. That is very much the point. I haven't made any effort to conceal it, and indeed have gone to some lengths to make sure that it's completely transparent. It rather has to be - do you understand why?

It is good that you are asking these questions, peacegirl. Asking questions is an important part of doing your due diligence. I hope you have found my answers helpful.
You haven't analyzed my father's book with the kind of critical analysis that it deserves. Just because he didn't use the scientific method, you are not even interested in knowing what his observations were, and more importantly, what his reasoning was. Is that the sound of a true steward? You have tried very hard to turn this book into a mockery, but truth always wins. Your conclusion that his observations don't matter, is false but there is no convincing you to even take the first step and read the book. His claims can be tested. They are not unfalsifiable. You have not done your due diligence chuck.

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle