Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Old 12-08-2016, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I hope my opinion matters but I doubt it. :cry:
It's great to find consensus - I, too, doubt that your opinion matters.
So why am I here?

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 12-08-2016, 11:20 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So why am I here?
To hawk your Corrupted Text, mainly.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-09-2016), But (12-09-2016), Stephen Maturin (12-08-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-08-2016), The Man (12-09-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 06:43 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Quote:
So why am I here?
Discussions about Existentialism belong in the Philosophy forum.
chunksmediocrites (12-09-2016), Pan Narrans (12-09-2016), Stephen Maturin (12-09-2016), The Man (12-09-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 11:26 AM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So why am I here?
When a mommy and a daddy love each others genitials very much...
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-13-2016), But (12-09-2016), ChuckF (12-09-2016), chunksmediocrites (12-09-2016), Stephen Maturin (12-09-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-09-2016), The Man (12-09-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Look, it is really simple. Lone maverick researchers out to do good are nice guys. If there was anything really wrong with unofficially gathering blood samples at a birthday party at your house at a tenner a pop without ethical oversight...
There was no money involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus
Another fine example of due diligence and research by our favorite crusader for truth and vaccine safety! Actually, there was, as came out in his fitness to practice hearing. You can look it up if you want. But hey, let's not let this discussion get dominated by mere facts! Better to just claim there was no money involved when you don't actually know if there was or wasn't.
In fairness, I was wrong too. It was actually a fiver.
Five dollars? Wow!! He bribed the kiddos well! What a monster! :eek:

Quote:
Quote:
or conducting research while you are patenting a replacement vaccine]
He was not patenting a vaccine or anything that was in competition with the MMR shot.
Quote:
Again - stellar investigative work from a concerned parent doing her due dilligence!

I mean just because patent application 9711663.6 states explicitly that "the present invention relates to a new vaccine for the elimination of MMR and measles virus" and then goes on to mention that "I have therefor now discovered a combined vaccine/therapeutic agent which is not only most probably safer to administer to neonates and others by way of vaccination" does not mean it was in competition, per se. :lol:
He used the word vaccine because it helped immunize children but it didn't compete with the MMR vaccine because the mechanism was completely different.

Patent US6534259 - Regressive behavioral disorder diagnosis - Google Patents

Quote:
Quote:
and getting paid as a consultant for litigators looking to start a big lucrative case to do with those exact same vaccines without reporting a conflict of interest, then his conscience would not let him do it because he is a nice guy, so it is fine
He was not paid as a consultant for litigators in order to make a false case.
Quote:
You're right, his conscience would never have let him do it.

Exactly! No need to worry about the half million pounds he was paid by litigators looking to create a lucrative class action suit: he would never have taken that money in order to make a false case. It is only a conflict of interest if bad people get paid, like lobbyists for big pharma.
He was not paid by litigators. Gets your facts straight! If he had done that, it would have been a conflict of interest and just as bad as Big Pharma.

Quote:
Quote:
All those little details are at worst just minor oversights that do not in the least make them or their work suspect in any way. I mean, he is a maverick, right? He is going it alone in the face of a nameless, faceless monolith of uncaring government authorities being influenced by deep-pocketed corporations out to protect their interests. He is taking the path less traveled, selflessly risking it all in order to destroy the conspiracy of silence created by these money-grubbing, heartless corporate shills. And what more proof do you need when you look at the outcome? Just look at how he was tarred and feathered, pilloried, publicly lynched, hung, drawn and quartered! And for what? While what he did was technically against just about every rule for ethical research, the end result is that he was utterly annihilated down to the very last particle for mere peccadilloes because it involved disturbing their little money-making schemes!
That's not what this was about. He was contacted by parents because he was a researcher of gastroenterology and their children were suffering. He didn't pick and choose the children to make his study look clean. He didn't break any rules. He got ethical approval other than at the birthday party.
Quote:
Exactly: all those pesky little details don't matter if it is a selfless savior of sick little babbies is concerned. He didn't break any rules. Independent ethical oversight and disclosure of possible conflicts of interests are more, like, guidelines.

But those big companies? They are shady, man! Constantly passing each other juicy little consulting deals, and making sure it is in a researchers best interest to find things a certain way. Totally suspect!
I never said that Big Pharma was all bad, but there are bad apples just as there are bad apples in every field. Andrew Wakefield doesn't happen to be one of them.

Quote:
Quote:
So, there is no reason at all to assume there is anything wrong with Wakefield's study, and the way he was taken to task is just more proof how corrupt everybody else in that business is. Drain the swamp!
Right, it's about making sure his reputation gets decimated so no one would even question the validity of his study.
Quote:
Decimated! I knew I skipped a hyperbole.
It's not a hyperbole. They decimated his career. The word is appropriate.

Quote:
See? When nice guys get taken to task for breaking the rules it is evidence of a conspiracy to silence them.
He broke a rule. This has more to do with his paper that would dare to suggest there could be a correlation between the MMR vaccine and autism than anything else. Did you know there are studies that support his paper? The verdict isn't in.

Quote:
Quote:
Of course, there are also guys who are not necessarily nice. These are the researchers whose studies we should not trust, because there is a lot of money involved in big pharma and conflicts of interest can easily creep in, as Peacegirl never ceases to warn us. And we all know how easily money changes hands in the shady, inhuman world of Big Pharma. Juicy consulting contracts handed to researchers that are supposed to be independent, shady kickbacks from the research into new medicines that no-one really needs in return for some fudged data... you name it. Knowing this should make us treat any study at all with deep suspicion!

So, there is every reason to assume there are things wrong with those studies, and the people involved should be taken to task in order to clear up the corruption that is rife in the medical system. Drain the swamp!

And if you need to know which is which, just ask Peacegirl.
:yup:
:awesome:
:thumbsup:

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 12-09-2016, 01:44 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Quote:
He used the word vaccine because it helped immunize children but it didn't compete with the MMR vaccine because the mechanism was completely different.
I guess this vaccine would have been free of any risks, side effects or chemicals. What is stronger in the anti-vaxxer's foggy mind, Wakefield as a living god or vaccines being 100% deadly toxic poison?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-13-2016), chunksmediocrites (12-09-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-09-2016), The Man (12-09-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 01:51 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
What a monster! :eek:
Agreed. Conducting medical research on children without obtaining independent ethical oversight is a monstrous and unethical thing to do. It's one reason why Andrew Wakefield is a fraudulent quack.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-13-2016), But (12-09-2016), chunksmediocrites (12-09-2016), Dragar (12-09-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-09-2016), The Man (12-09-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Ermm... 400 grand? Ah but it wasn't a false case so it was all fine and dandy, no conflict of interest here? :lol:

Quote:
He was not paid by litigators. Gets your facts straight! If he had done that, it would have been a conflict of interest and just as bad as Big Pharma.
Just people who were looking to start a nice juicy class action suit. Not litigators. So that is all fine! :lol:

Quote:
I never said that Big Pharma was all bad,
:lol: You and your sources go on and on about it.

Quote:
:roflcopt:

Quote:
He broke a rule. This has more to do with his paper that would dare to suggest there could be a correlation between the MMR vaccine and autism than anything else. Did you know there are studies that support his paper? The verdict isn't in.
Like I said: when a nice guy does it, it is evidence of a conspiracy!
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-13-2016), But (12-09-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-09-2016), The Man (12-09-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 03:02 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

peacegirl, you've repeatedly insisted that Andrew Wakefield's unethical conduct of medical research on children without independent ethical oversight "hurt no one."

peacegirl, what facts inform that conclusion? What data support that belief?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraudulent Quack Andrew Wakefield
But, and, they put their arms out and they have the blood taken. All entirely voluntary. And when we did this at that party, two children fainted, one threw up over his mother...But people said to me, Andrew, look, you know, you can’t do this, people, children won’t come back to you. I said you’re wrong, I said: 'Listen, we live in a market economy. Next year they’ll want ten pounds!'
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-13-2016), But (12-09-2016), chunksmediocrites (12-09-2016), specious_reasons (12-09-2016), Stephen Maturin (12-09-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-09-2016), The Man (12-09-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Quote:
The evidence that autism is increasing at alarming rates, and that some thing (or things) in our environment is wreaking havoc on a vulnerable one-percent of all US children is now so irrefutable that, finally, the federal government is climbing aboard the environmental research bandwagon - way late, but better than never.
Maybe, but of course Wakefield's study wasn't on what causes autism it was trying to link vaccines with a disease, such as autism, and while autism may be caused by environmental factors, we know one factor that doesn't cause it, vaccines!
Not even close.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Ermm... 400 grand? Ah but it wasn't a false case so it was all fine and dandy, no conflict of interest here? :lol:

Quote:
Just people who were looking to start a nice juicy class action suit. Not litigators. So that is all fine! :lol:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Vicisectus, try being a little bit objective and we can touch base later. :kiss:

Old 12-09-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
But, and, they put their arms out and they have the blood taken. All entirely voluntary. And when we did this at that party, two children fainted, one threw up over his mother...But people said to me, Andrew, look, you know, you can’t do this, people, children won’t come back to you. I said you’re wrong, I said: 'Listen, we live in a market economy. Next year they’ll want ten pounds!'
Isn't he adorable!

:aww:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-13-2016), Ari (12-10-2016), Stephen Maturin (12-09-2016), The Man (12-09-2016), Vivisectus (12-09-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 05:16 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Quote:
Quote:
What are you rofling at, Vivisectus? They (Big Pharma, the Illuminati, the Jews, shape-shifting lizards posing as royalty, etc.) clearly executed 1/10 of Wakefield's medical career as a form of punishment. There's no room for debate or discussion on that point.

peacegirl, you should send more money to the Strategic Autism Initiative. Pretty much all of your donation will end up in Andy Wakefield's pocket, but he clearly needs - and deserves - the money more than you do.

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-13-2016), ChuckF (12-09-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-10-2016), The Man (12-09-2016), Vivisectus (12-09-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 05:23 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Quote:
Anti-vaccine advocacy is no more about vaccines than birtherism (the lie that President Obama was born in Kenya and therefore not an American citizen) is about Obama or Kenya. Birtherism created a social community of racists who felt both powerlessness and rage at the reality of a black president; participants found others with similar views, shared those views, argued against outsiders, and acquired far more power and influence than individual crackpots writing or acting alone.

Similarly, anti-vax advocacy creates a social community of conspiracy theorists who feel both powerlessness and rage at the medical and pharmaceutical industries, allowing them to share those views, argue against outsiders and acquire far more power and influence than individual anti-vax crackpots writing or acting alone.
The social dimension of anti-vaccine advocacy | The Skeptical OB

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-13-2016), Ari (12-10-2016), But (12-09-2016), ChuckF (12-09-2016), Dragar (12-09-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-10-2016), The Man (12-09-2016), Vivisectus (12-10-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Vicisectus, try being a little bit objective and we can touch base later. :kiss:
And you know all about being objective, so I better take that advice!
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-13-2016), Stephen Maturin (12-10-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-10-2016), The Man (12-09-2016)
Old 12-10-2016, 02:24 AM
Refreshingly Stupid

Remember how the anti-vaxxers' beloved "CDC whistleblower" issued a public statement saying that parents should vaccinate their children in accordance with current recommendations, and how peacegirl wrote that he probably said that cuz he was afraid of being murdered? Good times.

#objectivity

#totallynotastupidorbatshitcrazyconspiracytheory

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-13-2016), Ari (12-10-2016), But (12-10-2016), ChuckF (12-10-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-10-2016), The Man (12-10-2016), Vivisectus (12-10-2016)
Old 12-10-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
peacegirl, you've repeatedly insisted that Andrew Wakefield's unethical conduct of medical research on children without independent ethical oversight "hurt no one."

Andrew Wakefield Party Entertainment - YouTube

Quote:
He was saying that jokingly. Children did not faint or throw up on their mothers.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2323045/

Old 12-10-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
Anti-vaccine advocacy is no more about vaccines than birtherism (the lie that President Obama was born in Kenya and therefore not an American citizen) is about Obama or Kenya. Birtherism created a social community of racists who felt both powerlessness and rage at the reality of a black president; participants found others with similar views, shared those views, argued against outsiders, and acquired far more power and influence than individual crackpots writing or acting alone.

Similarly, anti-vax advocacy creates a social community of conspiracy theorists who feel both powerlessness and rage at the medical and pharmaceutical industries, allowing them to share those views, argue against outsiders and acquire far more power and influence than individual anti-vax crackpots writing or acting alone.
The social dimension of anti-vaccine advocacy | The Skeptical OB
Reading that article was 5 minutes of wasted time I'll never get back! :sadcheer:

Old 12-10-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Quote:
I guess this vaccine would have been free of any risks, side effects or chemicals. What is stronger in the anti-vaxxer's foggy mind, Wakefield as a living god or vaccines being 100% deadly toxic poison?
Neither.

Old 12-10-2016, 07:37 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Extremely ethical wakefield jokes about how people will do anything for money, while lying to audience.
Very ethical.
Much wow.

Quote:
Reading that article was 5 minutes of wasted time I'll never get back! :sadcheer:
Funny coming from someone who snarked that we couldn't waste 2 hours of our precious time. But given your claim you've spent several hours watching and rewatching con-artists, I don't think you care about getting back only 5 minutes.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-13-2016), But (12-11-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-10-2016), The Man (12-10-2016)
Old 12-10-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lying liar Wakefield
The way these stories are told, if the audience responds you tend to respond back. So the story was told. But it had no bearing on the truth at all.
And that's the truth, I swear!

:lol:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-13-2016), ChuckF (12-10-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-10-2016), The Man (12-10-2016)
Old 12-10-2016, 08:47 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
He was saying that jokingly. Children did not faint or throw up on their mothers.

Wakefield admits fabricating events when he took children’s blood samples
So, peacegirl, you agree that Andrew Wakefield fabricated his narrative regarding his unethical conduct of medical research on children?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-13-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-10-2016), The Man (12-10-2016)
Old 12-10-2016, 08:54 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Extremely ethical wakefield jokes about how people will do anything for money, while lying to audience.
Very ethical.
Much wow.
It is extra ethical as Wakefield's self-serving lie(s) is also plausible - it has to be in order to work. It has to be believable that a child could lose consciousness, or be caused to vomit, after undergoing this medical research. Of course, that is quite plausible - that's why ethical researchers obtain independent ethical oversight before conducting medical research on children.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-13-2016), But (12-10-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-10-2016), The Man (12-10-2016)
Old 12-10-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Very ethical.
Much wow.

Quote:
Funny coming from someone who snarked that we couldn't waste 2 hours of our precious time. But given your claim you've spent several hours watching and rewatching con-artists, I don't think you care about getting back only 5 minutes.
I guess it all depends on what you consider wasted time.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Wakefield admits fabricating events when he took children’s blood samples
So, peacegirl, you agree that Andrew Wakefield fabricated his narrative regarding his unethical conduct of medical research on children?
Yes, the part where he said kids threw up and fainted was, IMO, a mixed bag of sarcasm and humor in response to the false charges waged against him.

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle