Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 02-15-2024, 05:47 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Default Re: A revolution in thought

The Ur-Penis, resurrected.
Thanks, from:
davidm (02-15-2024), Stephen Maturin (02-15-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 07:25 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
I don’t think she has noticed yet.
I will bet money that she won't ever notice.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-15-2024, 08:11 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
To hear Lessans’ authentic voice reading from the Authentic Text — particularly such a towering, upstanding passage such as this one, engorged as it is with meaning — one can only sit erect, mouth ajar and ears cocked. And, despite the brevity of the passage, it hardly feels like a quick in and out. It feels as though he takes his time, and doesn’t come and go in a heated rush. Were this to be read before a vast throng, all would rise in his honor.
Thanks, from:
256 colors (02-16-2024), Pan Narrans (02-16-2024), Stephen Maturin (02-16-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 11:08 PM

Quote:
It's the same chapter which would not be understood without understanding the foundation. There is nothing wrong with what he wrote. It doesn't negate any of his 3 discoveries. You can't stand that he claimed the eyes are not a sense organ, and you're doing everything in your power to defame him. That's what this is about.

Before you begin, one thing puzzled me quite a bit last night, not in regard to what you already demonstrated . . . that I found to be flawless, but regarding marriage. How is it possible to have a balanced equation of sexual desire when the male plays an active, the female a passive role? If for any reason he can’t raise a harder, she’s in trouble. Charlie hasn’t experienced this yet, but do you know how many times I’ve been compelled to use my finger to make my wife come? But what can I do when it won’t stand up, or collapses like an accordion at the wrong time?

With Mary it’s quite different. I get so hot that my penis is like a phallic symbol, and I enjoy kissing every part of her body. But I realize that this desire is the result of passion. She loves to blow me and I love to reciprocate, but the thought of doing this to my wife sickens me. And to show you how innocent she is, one time I said in a joke, ‘How about giving me a blow job’, and she thought I meant for her to blow on it. This is the problem I cannot see you solving because I know that even if I married Mary and lived with her the same number of years, while my wife became Mary, it would be the same exact situation. I said it before and I’ll say it again; it seems an impossible situation to correct. . . but I wouldn’t bet on it. Well, what’s the answer?”

“In order to solve the problem of marriage and prevent the consideration of adultery and divorce from ever arising, a perfectly balanced equation of sexual desire must prevail at all times, from beginning to the end. How this is accomplished is something marvelous to behold, and if my will was free, I would take credit for it. So put on your thinking caps and follow me carefully.

Now it is extremely important to understand that when a boy and girl, in the new world, consummate their feelings with a complete sexual relation that results in an orgasm, they are going to fall desperately in love and desire each other all the more, because this exciting thrill of physical contact is a new experience that has become associated with one particular person to whom they must turn for satisfaction. Soon, each will be absolutely dependent on the other for what the body now craves, and if this was stopped, as frequently happened in the world of free will for various reasons which occasioned serious consequences, it would be the worst form of torment. Yet there are two individual desires involved, and it is impossible, in the new world, for one person to desire obligating the other not only because this is a form of advance blame (this was not yet explained), which is a judgment of what is right for someone else, but mainly because it could not be preferred when it is realized that this would not be conducive to a harmonious relation.

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 02-15-2024, 11:40 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Friends, turn your volume up for some magic elixir
Thanks, from:
davidm (02-16-2024), Stephen Maturin (02-16-2024)
Old 02-16-2024, 01:34 PM

Quote:
You reject what you don't understand. I will ask you again: What is the discovery Chuck? Why is man's will not free, according to this author? What occurs when we extend this knowledge of no free will into a no blame world? Why is one’s responsibility increased in this environment, not decreased? Answer me, or you're a complete fraud and just want to hurt this author because you've made him a target and now have to save face.

“Even if you didn’t grasp all the relations it wouldn’t be something in your favor, simply because any doubts that may arise will be cleared up as I extend this magic elixir (call it what you will, corollary, slide rule or basic principle — THOU SHALL NOT BLAME — and transmute the baser metals of human nature into the pure gold of the Golden Age.

This new world is coming into existence not because of my will, not because I made a discovery (sooner or later it had to be discovered because the knowledge of what it means that man’s will is not free is a definite part of the real world), but only because we are compelled to obey the laws of our nature. Do you really think it was an accident the solar system came into existence; an accident that the sun is just the proper distance from the earth so we don’t roast or freeze; an accident that the earth revolves just at the proper speed to fulfill many exacting functions; an accident that our brains and bodies developed just that way; an accident that I made my discovery exactly when I did? To show you how fantastic is the infinite wisdom that directs every aspect of this universe through invariable laws that we are at last getting to understand, which includes the solar and mankind systems, just follow this. Here is versatile man: writer, composer, artist, inventor, scientist, philosopher, theologian, architect, builder, mathematician, chess player, murderer, prostitute, thief, etc. — whose will is absolutely and positively not free despite all the learned opinions to the contrary — yet compelled by his very nature and lack of development to believe that it is since it was impossible not to blame and punish the terrible evils that came into existence out of necessity, and then permitted to perceive the necessary relations as to why will is not free and what this means for the entire world, which perception was utterly impossible without the development and absolutely necessary for the inception of our Golden Age. Where in all history have you ever heard anything more incredible? We have been growing and developing just like a child from infancy. There is no way a baby can go from birth to old age without passing through the necessary steps, and no way man could have reached this turning point in his life without also going through the necessary stages of evil.

“Tomorrow, after you have had an opportunity to study everything thoroughly, I shall perform some fantastic miracles but I will not be transcending the laws of our nature. You can kiss your money goodbye.”

“I’m still skeptical, but giving you the benefit of the doubt at this point what will be your first miracle?”

“I am going to demonstrate, in an absolutely undeniable manner, that all premarital relations, adultery and divorce must come to a permanent end in the new world not because this is morally wrong and man has decided at last to obey the Ten Commandments, but only because the conditions that led to a heart being broken and cut out with the knife of unrequited love will be prevented from arising, making it apparent that those who lost in the game of love were very unhappy people even though in this world it may be better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. The word miracle in this context will only have reference to the removal of all the factors truly responsible for preventing a boy and girl from falling mutually in love and living happily ever after. My friends, the GOLDEN AGE has arrived at last.”

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 02-16-2024 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-16-2024, 03:40 PM
Karma is Rael

lol
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (02-16-2024), Stephen Maturin (02-16-2024)
Old 02-25-2024, 01:11 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
... all premarital relations, adultery and divorce must come to a permanent end in the new world not because this is morally wrong and man has decided at last to obey the Ten Commandments, but only because the conditions that led to a heart being broken and cut out with the knife of unrequited love will be prevented from arising...
Crazy people almost never realize how crazy they seem

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-26-2024, 01:31 PM

Sex Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
Quote:
Quote:
... all premarital relations, adultery and divorce must come to a permanent end in the new world not because this is morally wrong and man has decided at last to obey the Ten Commandments, but only because the conditions that led to a heart being broken and cut out with the knife of unrequited love will be prevented from arising...
Crazy people almost never realize how crazy they seem
You’re very close minded FX. There is nothing crazy or illogical with these words. You’re just a sheeple. I can’t blame you for being what you are. 🫤

Old 02-26-2024, 01:32 PM

Science will continue to support Lessans’ claim that there is no free will.

The Freewill Delusion | Freedom, Determinism, and Compatibilism - YouTube

Last edited by peacegirl; 02-26-2024 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-26-2024, 01:51 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
You’re very close minded FX.

Quote:
I tried to read the original text. It was very much so boring, so long winded, I gave up.
As always, I am just an honest person who usually gives a small effort. In this case, the thread was so massive, so extremely long, so crazy sounding, I wondered what the fuck?

Now I have an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebs View Post
okay i gotta say, it is the dumbest shit you will ever wade through, but if you read it, you will find the rest of your life so much better, because no political stance you ever see again will match the sheer incandescent stupidity of crazy rape island guy.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-26-2024, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You’re very close minded FX.

Quote:
I tried to read the original text. It was very much so boring, so long winded, I gave up.
As always, I am just an honest person who usually gives a small effort. In this case, the thread was so massive, so extremely long, so crazy sounding, I wondered what the fuck?

Now I have an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebs View Post
okay i gotta say, it is the dumbest shit you will ever wade through, but if you read it, you will find the rest of your life so much better, because no political stance you ever see again will match the sheer incandescent stupidity of crazy rape island guy.
Who the hell is Seebs? He doesn’t understand this discovery. The only test of its soundness is the proof itself which you and the people here know nothing about. This thread went nowhere because it turned into a target for jokes early on. There is no way you could figure it out given the horrible cruel attacks and ad hominems aimed at this author for daring to challenge the status quo. The shallowness is shocking in a forum that is supposed to be open to new ideas.

Last edited by peacegirl; 02-26-2024 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-26-2024, 05:34 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
The only test of its soundness is the proof itself which you and the people here know nothing about.
While the subject of global warming/clkimate change is vast, just simply huge, and complicated, I have no problem explaining almost any part of the matter. Pro, con or just long winded theory. History of the theory, why the satellites were put up, how the data is modified, I can even generate graphs, charts and show you data of all kinds.

If somebody asks me about any of it, I would never demand they read some long and complicated text from a third party, instead of just answering them.

People who do that shit are cons, fakes, ignorant or stupid. No matter how complex something may be, if you can't just state something about it, you are clueless.

And you will be ignored or mocked.

See?

See how clear I just made my case?

Try doing that.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-26-2024, 05:36 PM
Forum gadfly

There is a reason people study and learn to write a thesis, and defend it.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

Quote:
The only test of its soundness is the proof itself which you and the people here know nothing about.
have you not told us the proof? :chin: if we know nothing about this all important proof you have only yourself to blame. :D Aren't you supposed to be enlightening us in this thread?
Old 02-26-2024, 08:47 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumb View Post
have you not told us the proof? :chin:
She hasn't, sad to say. Every time someone asked her to describe the discovery in her own words - and there were dozens of requests along those lines - she simply copied and pasted walls of nonsense from the Corrupted Text and blabbered some foolishness about how no summary could ever do the discovery justice.

Thanks to ChuckF, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, we now surmise that peacegirl's butchery of Authentic Text was part of an effort on her part (an utterly failed effort) to understand Lessans's work.

Lessans described certain incorrigibles who cannot comprehend the two-sided equation or internalize the basics of the First Discovery. Per Lessans, those people are mentally ill and will need to spend the Golden Age locked up in a mental institution, humanely and for their own good, of course. peacegirl appears to be such an incorrigible. :sadcheer:

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson

Last edited by Stephen Maturin; 02-26-2024 at 09:23 PM.
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
While the subject of global warming/clkimate change is vast, just simply huge, and complicated, I have no problem explaining almost any part of the matter. Pro, con or just long winded theory. History of the theory, why the satellites were put up, how the data is modified, I can even generate graphs, charts and show you data of all kinds.

If somebody asks me about any of it, I would never demand they read some long and complicated text from a third party, instead of just answering them.
FX, you don't think I tried? I not only tried in my own words, but I also posted excerpts from the author himself to further clarify anything not understood. Nothing mattered because they already made up their minds. Then they started using this thread for lulz. I couldn't break through their jests and laughter to even make any progress whatsoever. It's really sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX
People who do that shit are cons, fakes, ignorant or stupid. No matter how complex something may be, if you can't just state something about it, you are clueless.

And you will be ignored or mocked.

See?

See how clear I just made my case?

Try doing that.
I've tried doing that. I've tried more than most people could ever try. You try offering something new that goes against the grain and see how far you will go. As long as something is controversial, there's no problem because the issue isn't settled. But this author claimed the eyes are not a sense organ, and this brought on a predictable response. He was right that his claim would cause an issue, but that didn't stop him from sharing his observations. It's too important.

Even today, we are still in agreement regarding a fallacious observation about the brain and its relation to the eyes. Those who will consider the possibility that you might have a discovery reveal their confusion by trying to nullify any value to it with this comment as was made to me, "What difference does it make what we call them as a group, this isn't going to change what we are. Whether we call them 5 senses, or 4 senses and a pair of eyes is certainly not going to change them in any way." However, if man doesn't really have five senses, isn't it obvious that just as long as we think otherwise, we will be prevented from discovering those things that depend on this knowledge for their discovery? Consequently, it does make a difference what we call them. Just as my first discovery was not that man's will is not free but the knowledge revealed by opening that door for a thorough investigation, so likewise my second discovery is not that man does not have five senses but what significant knowledge lies hidden behind this door. Many years later we have an additional problem which is more difficult to overcome because this fallacious observation has graduated dogmatically into what is considered genuine knowledge, for it is actually taught in school as an absolute fact, and our professors, doctors, etc. would be ready to take up arms, so to speak, against anyone who would dare oppose what they have come to believe is the truth without even hearing, or wanting to hear any evidence to the contrary. I am very aware that if I am not careful the resentment of these people will nail me to a cross, and they would do it in the name of justice and truth. However, it appears that they will not be given the opportunity because the very moment the will of God is perceived and understood, man is given no alternative as to what direction he must travel -- which is away from condemning someone who has uncovered a falsehood. The real truth is that there are thousands upon thousands of differences existing in the external world, but when words do not describe these differences accurately, we are then seeing a distorted version of what exists -- as with free will.

Old 02-26-2024, 10:34 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
I not only tried in my own words, but I also posted excerpts from the author himself
:pinocchio:
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (02-26-2024)
Old 02-27-2024, 12:08 PM

Interesting!

The Rise of the Meaning Economy - A major paradigm shift is coming, this will reshape life and work! - YouTube

Old 02-27-2024, 01:37 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
You try offering something new that goes against the grain and see how far you will go. [/I]
Clearly you have never bothered to look at any of my threads, or posts.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-27-2024, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You try offering something new that goes against the grain and see how far you will go. [/I]
Clearly you have never bothered to look at any of my threads, or posts.
Sorry about that. I’m sure you have interesting things to say (have you made a discovery?), but that would pull me away from my reason for being here. I don’t look at any threads. I only have so much time in a day and I have to use it wisely. This is not a competition!

Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (02-27-2024)
Old 02-27-2024, 02:46 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
I only have so much time in a day and I have to use it wisely.
:rolleyes:

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-27-2024, 08:08 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Well, damn. Until now I had no idea that "I only have so much time in a day and I have to use it wisely" means the same as "I have nothing to do and all day to do it."

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy