Old 12-05-2022, 10:22 PM
Forum gadfly

Default I know what you did, and it makes you look like a jerk

heh

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 07-05-2023, 09:45 AM
Forum gadfly

Default Re: I know what you did, and it makes you look like a jerk

While I doubt cultsmasher will read any of the following, or respond, hope springs eternal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livius drusus View Post
So, how about we create a members-only Cloaca forum wherein all the heinous shit we don't want to provide a Google-wide megaphone for gets moved to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by disobey View Post
I don't deny what other people say as being valid. I just show them they are wrong. See the difference?
I actually do see the difference. But it totally screws your "cause" or "message", or whatever it is, when you come across as an asshole. The funny thing is, while your writing skills and communication skills are terrible, you as a person are not nearly as bad as the asshole running this forum.

The following was moved to the "heinous shit we don't want to provide a Google-wide megaphone for" forum, which is far more idiotic than anything you, cultsmasher, have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
Life pro tip - Never ever try to defend yourself from some internet fuckhead, and never never ever ever argue with them. They might be an expert at trolling, internet gaslighting, or just an ordinary psychopath, in any case, it is 100% futile to argue.

If you do use factual evidence, logic, reason, then the person you are arguing with will get this look of realization on their face and say, "Thank you, kind stranger, for helping me learn something new! And correcting my false view of you!

That has literally never happened in the history of human conversation.

Quote:
They keep fighting to defend their position even after it is factually shown to be untrue. But what's really weird is that process -- of sticking to your guns even after you've been proven definitively wrong -- is apparently the entire reason humans invented arguing.
Now that we have that out of the way, we can proceed with the science, but with nobody under the slightest illusion it will matter at all. Not even a single little tiny bit.
Quote:
That is not a joke.

In regards to global warming, or climate change, (they are used to mean the exact same thing by many people, all of whom are wrong about that), the most important part is the theory. If somebody responds with "It's not a theory, it's just a fact", you know that person is beyond stupid, and you should waste no time with them.

It's like arguing with somebody who claims there is no evolution. If they claim there is no theory of evolution, all attempts to discuss with them are 100% futile. And you know in advance the person has done no study, just another NPC, hence no reason to argue with them. None. Zero. Zilch.
I don't have any hope you will even read this post. Which is why I say you are almost exactly like the assholes running things here. You just believe differently. But everybody is 100% sure they are right, and everybody else is not.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 07-05-2023, 05:26 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

Who is the asshole running things here? I'd sure like to know... :whup:
JoeP (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 05:48 PM
Pontificating Old Fart

Quote:
While I doubt cultsmasher will read any of the following, or respond, hope springs eternal.

Quote:
So, how about we create a members-only Cloaca forum wherein all the heinous shit we don't want to provide a Google-wide megaphone for gets moved to?
Quote:
I don't deny what other people say as being valid. I just show them they are wrong. See the difference?
I actually do see the difference. But it totally screws your "cause" or "message", or whatever it is, when you come across as an asshole. The funny thing is, while your writing skills and communication skills are terrible, you as a person are not nearly as bad as the asshole running this forum.

The following was moved to the "heinous shit we don't want to provide a Google-wide megaphone for" forum, which is far more idiotic than anything you, cultsmasher, have done.

Quote:
Life pro tip - Never ever try to defend yourself from some internet fuckhead, and never never ever ever argue with them. They might be an expert at trolling, internet gaslighting, or just an ordinary psychopath, in any case, it is 100% futile to argue.

If you do use factual evidence, logic, reason, then the person you are arguing with will get this look of realization on their face and say, "Thank you, kind stranger, for helping me learn something new! And correcting my false view of you!

That has literally never happened in the history of human conversation.

Quote:
They keep fighting to defend their position even after it is factually shown to be untrue. But what's really weird is that process -- of sticking to your guns even after you've been proven definitively wrong -- is apparently the entire reason humans invented arguing.
Now that we have that out of the way, we can proceed with the science, but with nobody under the slightest illusion it will matter at all. Not even a single little tiny bit.
Quote:
That is not a joke.

In regards to global warming, or climate change, (they are used to mean the exact same thing by many people, all of whom are wrong about that), the most important part is the theory. If somebody responds with "It's not a theory, it's just a fact", you know that person is beyond stupid, and you should waste no time with them.

It's like arguing with somebody who claims there is no evolution. If they claim there is no theory of evolution, all attempts to discuss with them are 100% futile. And you know in advance the person has done no study, just another NPC, hence no reason to argue with them. None. Zero. Zilch.
I don't have any hope you will even read this post. Which is why I say you are almost exactly like the assholes running things here. You just believe differently. But everybody is 100% sure they are right, and everybody else is not.
I bet that you were that kid in school that was always slinking back and forth between the two gangs of tough kids, goading them until they met out in the field for a rumble.
ShottleBop (07-06-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 06:01 PM
Solipsist

And it never worked. Hence the current endless butthurt.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Old 07-12-2023, 10:53 AM
Forum gadfly

Cultsmasher is gone once again.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 09-25-2023, 01:20 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, that's right. Disobey (Cultsmasher) isn't nearly as bad as the anonymous fuckhole running this forum.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 09-26-2023, 12:13 AM
Just keep m'nose clean, egg, chips & beans, I'm always full of steam

Screaming into the void. Enjoy.

:sockpuppet:...........
Thanks, from:
Crumb (10-03-2023)
Old 09-26-2023, 09:20 AM
Solipsist

Someone should move this thread to the cloaca. The butthurt is glorious to behold. Like a monkey flinging poo at itself.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Old 09-26-2023, 12:54 PM
(((The Spartacus of Anatevka)))

:clown:s gonna :clown:
Old 09-26-2023, 02:24 PM
Forum gadfly

It's ironic that the Nazi loving racists scumbag defends free speech, while the woke idiots, who are sure they are on the side of the angels, want to censor anything they don't like.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 09-26-2023, 04:06 PM
Pontificating Old Fart

Quote:
It's ironic that the Nazi loving racists scumbag defends free speech, while the woke idiots, who are sure they are on the side of the angels, want to censor anything they don't like.
Nazi loving racists scumbags are always honking about free speech, as long as they're doing the speaking.
Old 09-26-2023, 06:29 PM
(((The Spartacus of Anatevka)))

Quote:
It's ironic that someone harping so much on free speech (and so might be presumed to be somewhat familiar with the way it works) thinks that moving a thread to the Cloaca is somehow "censorship" violative of the First Amendment.

Last edited by ShottleBop; 09-26-2023 at 06:47 PM.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (10-03-2023), JoeP (09-27-2023)
Old 09-27-2023, 09:48 AM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumb View Post
Who is the asshole running things here? I'd sure like to know... :whup:

- Richard P. Feynman
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (09-28-2023)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > The Sciences