Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 11-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

Default Re: Tell me what forum to put this in... Deeply Disturbed Dreams

Last night I dreamed that I found Jeeves. :( He was skinny and lonely.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:04 PM
an angry unicorn or a non-murdering leprechaun

:cheerhug:
Crumb (11-05-2009)
Old 11-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Admin of THIEVES and SLUGABEDS

:cromp:
Thanks, from:
Crumb (11-05-2009)
Old 11-05-2009, 08:22 PM
not very big for a grown-up

:(
Old 11-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

Didn't mean to bring down the thread. Let the dreaming continue.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Tellifying

I had a very vivid dream one of the first nights I ever spent with my wife (then girlfriend). In my dream, my mother had come into the bedroom and lifted my wife out of the bed. My mom is not that strong, I assure you.

I could only see them from the back as mom carried my wife down the hall. My mom was walking with a shuffling shambling gait. Her left should was severely slumped, as if dislocated from the socket and hanging only by muscle and tendon.

I didn't want to stop her, but I reached out for her anyway. Even as I did so, I knew that when she turned around...I'd see the most terrifying visage I would ever encounter.

My hand fell on the misshapen shoulder and with a sighing moan, my mother turned to face me.

And I woke up. Screaming.

No idea what that dream could've meant. Could be anything really
Old 11-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Just keep m'nose clean, egg, chips & beans, I'm always full of steam

:therapy: Just a little Freudian penis -- I mean SLIP! Freudian slip!

:sockpuppet:...........
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (11-06-2009), Stormlight (11-06-2009)
Old 11-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshady2357 View Post
Had a full on nightmare last night. I only get about 1 every year, but this was a good'un. Woke up when I was screaming "NO! NO!" in the dream and I was sure I must have been screaming in bed too, but Sou said I only made these little puffy noises like the dog does when he's barking in his dreams.
Awww... it's so cute when our dog does that.

Speaking of talking in your sleep, my brother used to do that sometimes (well, he might still, but I don't live with him anymore).

He had a couple funny ones:

"Dan, don't sleep out here, in the garage"

"I'm on the edge, I'm on the edge of the plate!"
Old 11-06-2009, 01:48 AM
A fellow sophisticate

I had a dream today that continued for 10 seconds or so after began to awake. For that short period, I could still see the dream imagery at the same time I was seeing the nightstand in front of me in the dim light coming in around the drapes. Something similar has happened to me at least once before, I remember documenting that dream in the old blogs here, the ones that disappeared with one of the upgrades or server changes. If I had written down what the dream was about today, I would probably remember it better. Now, I don't even remember what the imagery was, only that I was experiencing it. It was weird.
Thanks, from:
Garnet (11-07-2009)
Old 11-07-2009, 12:12 AM
Coffin Creep

I haven't had any dreams lately, well that I could recall at least, but once I had this dream involving vampire baboons. They wouldn't stay dead, so I had to destroy them utterly. I remember having to use a bent up coat hanger to keep scratching at a pile of meat until it was nothing left but red goo.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Guðríð the Gloomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingfod View Post
I had a dream today that continued for 10 seconds or so after began to awake. For that short period, I could still see the dream imagery at the same time I was seeing the nightstand in front of me in the dim light coming in around the drapes. Something similar has happened to me at least once before, I remember documenting that dream in the old blogs here, the ones that disappeared with one of the upgrades or server changes. If I had written down what the dream was about today, I would probably remember it better. Now, I don't even remember what the imagery was, only that I was experiencing it. It was weird.
In the first house we lived in together, MT hung this in the bedroom. The painting tromped through my dreams and sometimes it was very difficult to tell whether I was looking at it awake or in a dream.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:45 PM

I have dreams all the freaking time. Many involve houses or buildings, very often the same ones over and over again (mom's house, aunt's mountain cabin, home or work in San Francisco). There is frequently lots of stressful, heart-pounding chasing, as in "run like hell or you're gonna DIE!!!!" I don't think I've ever had a pleasant, relaxing, fun or joyful dream in my entire life.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:06 PM

So I had a nap during which I was in the slowest weirdest carchase evar!

We were scientists. "We" being myself, Sir Christopher Lee (who periodically had makeup that made him look like a mandrill) was in the driver's seat, and Brendon Frasier was in the front passenger seat. I was in the back. We were all in a 1930's Ford but we weren't driving down any roads. We were driving down a river. Some kinda African Queen Limpopo River all set about with fever trees. The water was up to the windows and we were bailing out the water as Sir Chris drove giving a rambling ape monolouge that had lots of thunderous emotion but no meaning.

We were, (slowly) chasing Random Nazi Officer Guy, who looked like Rutger Hauer, but wasn't. He was in a 1930's Bentley, and was steering with one black gloved hand, while bailing out the water in his car with a bucket in the other. He had a short intense monolouge on Prussian efficency, about timing how many buckets he could bail in five minutes and averaging that over an hour, and trying to beat that record with his other hand.

Really, really, weird dream. I need to stop angsting and planning out my term papers and get moving on them- I think.

Last edited by Demimonde; 11-07-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: spellin'
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (11-08-2009)
Old 11-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Fishy mokey

I don't really remember any dreams I've had recently, but some years ago I used to have a radio allarm clock that I had set to this station where they sometimes had documentaries or reportages from foreign countries. As I would drift back into sleep the dreams would take place in those coutries and some of what they were talking about would be incorporated in the dream. I suppose you could make yourself dream all kinds of things that way if you record and play back stuff on purpose. Never tried it though.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Guðríð the Gloomy

Yesterday, we watched Zenyatta win the Breeder's Cup. She is a phenomenal horse with lots of personality. Anyway, last night, I dreamed that I was walking her and she was playing and prancing. 'Twas an excellent dream.

Last edited by Garnet; 11-08-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:26 PM

I just watched a short animated film by Sean McBride that reminded me of this thread:

Old 11-09-2009, 09:25 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Just a few nights ago, I had a dream where I was, for whatever reason, on a ranch in what looked like it was in the desert Southwest, but according to the map I consulted in my dream was only about 3 or 4 miles past some hills from my hometown in Southeast Kansas. I was tossing some trash in some barrels in the back of a pickup truck. I drove the truck down to the highway, where there had been dumpsters, a transfer station of sorts. The dumpsters were gone. An old man in striped overalls told me, "You have to dump it yourself in Bottomless Canyon."

"Where's that?" I said.

He pulled out the map in question, pointing to nowhere in particular on the map, "Go south two miles, west three miles, then back north a mile and a half, you can't miss it."

On the way to Bottomless Canyon, I received a phone call from my dad. He said he was in jail in Mexico. Why? He said it was because his six month permit had expired. He said they were giving him six months in prison for the offense. I wasn't even aware he was in Mexico. "What are you doing in Mexico?"

"Shirley (his girlfriend) and I moved down here earlier this year."

I thought, "nobody ever tells me anything."

"Dad, I'll have to get back to you."

"Tell your brothers, they'll know what to do." He hung up.

Just then I arrive at the location of the directions given. I see no canyon, but I do see a track across a field over a hill. When I crested the hill, there was the canyon, a cleft in the prairie miles and miles long and as far as I could tell, about a mile wide at it's widest point. I could see where vehicles had been backing up to the abrupt edge of this deep canyon. When I got close and looked down into the canyon, I could see only mist, or the top of clouds down in there. There was no way to tell how deep it was.

Just then, a car flashed by me, an early 70s Cadillac Coupe de Ville and off into the abyss. I heard a crashing sound, looked down into the canyon, saw the car sticking up out of the "clouds", probably only about 100 feet down. The crash caused the fog to thin, the car had come to a rest in trash pile just barely below the concealing mist. Then a dusty man, thin in stature, unkempt hair covered in dust, walked up and said, "I never did like that car anyway."

Then I left, and drove back to the highway, a mile and a half back south, three miles east. Just before I got back to the highway, the man with the car in the canyon was on the passenger side of the pickup truck said "You can let me out here." I stopped. He got out and began walking toward a dilapidated farm house in a yard surrounded by sickly looking elm trees. My cellphone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket but lost my grip. It landed in water in the ditch next to the road. The water was clear. I could see my cellphone, still lit up and apparently ringing, in the bottom of the ditch. Thank goodness my dream-self had the sense to get a Motorola ruggedized cellphone.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:58 AM
A Lover, Not A Fighter

Man, I really gotta keep this browser open on my 'puter so that I can report when things are fresh... they fade after a day or so. The only one I can remember from last night is that I was wearing an outfit comprised of red corduroy pants, a red sweater, and red boots, and wore it out in public and then someone said "that totally doesn't match, they are not the same color red" and it was too late for me to go home and change so I was really embarrassed. :shrug:

- Esther Tallamy
Old 11-11-2009, 04:12 AM
A Lover, Not A Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
I have dreams all the freaking time. Many involve houses or buildings, very often the same ones over and over again (mom's house, aunt's mountain cabin, home or work in San Francisco). There is frequently lots of stressful, heart-pounding chasing, as in "run like hell or you're gonna DIE!!!!" I don't think I've ever had a pleasant, relaxing, fun or joyful dream in my entire life.

Sounds like a lot of recurring dreams... that sucks that you haven't had any good ones, I used to but haven't for quite some time, so I can sort of relate. When I was younger I used to have some cool flying dreams and stuff like that, but it's been a while.

My recurrings for the past 10+ year or so generally involve trying to get somewhere or do something and being thwarted at every turn (my least favorite is the most common, which is trying to dial a phone number and continually getting a digit wrong and having to start all over, or driving along and being constantly detoured.) Then of course the being-chased as you mentioned, which is hellish. And of course the (shudders just thinking about it) frozen-in-place dream, where you're trying to move/run but seem to be stuck in slo-mo.

I've always been fascinated by the power that dreams can have over our waking emotions/mental states - at least for me it's been very powerful in the sense that if I have a night of bad dreams I will wake up feeling unrested at best and despondent/panicky at best, whereas if I have good or neutral dreams it's a whole different story. I took a course some time back with someone on the topic of "No More Nightmares" and it seemed to work temporarily so I think the ideas were sound, but it's been a while so I probably need a refresher. It seems pretty obvious to me that the subconscious is the main issue.

Oh, what I wouldn't give to sleep in heavenly peace... :hammock:

- Esther Tallamy
Old 11-16-2009, 07:27 AM
A fellow sophisticate

As posted on facebook: I awoke this afternoon from a dream that contained a lost dog, four sisters with names that start with T, mysterious frogmen armed with airsoft pistols loaded with knockout darts leaving wet flipper prints everywhere they went, a German guy I kept calling Victor, and 15 diaper-wearing Bhuddist monks smoking marijuana.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Forum Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demimonde View Post
So I had a nap during which I was in the slowest weirdest carchase evar!
I'm gonna let you finish, but weirdest carchase ever has to be one dream I read about way, way back at II, where the vehicles were giant stuffed panda bears, and the drivers operated them by stabbing them repeatedly with ninja swords. I'd google it up but II closed everything off to the point that even lurkers can't see a thing anymore.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:24 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

If I had any idea what search parameters to use, I'd go looking for that one.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:44 AM
California Sober

I don't know if you'd call it recurring, but I've had the same dream about two or three times in the last few weeks. I dream that I have enrolled in classes, but I haven't attended any classes since the first week. I decide I'm going to drop one class, and beg the teachers of the other classes to let me do enough work to at least get a C.

What. The. Fuck?! I'm not even in fucking school! :rage:
Old 11-30-2009, 01:59 AM
Guðríð the Gloomy

I graduated from college in 1986.

I still have college stress dreams about skipping a class I needed or not having enough credits to graduate or forgetting about a class or...or...or...

Here's another piece of lovely news. A friend of mine, who just recently turned 71, still has these kinds of dreams.

:nolike:
Ensign Steve (11-30-2009)
Old 12-04-2009, 01:24 AM
California Sober

Iacchus's post about dreams reminded me of some fucked up dreams I was having this morning.

I was in Egypt, at the beach, in the Med (and don't argue about the geography of that, because I could see the continents on the horizon and they were all shaped like they are in the map), and some weird business went down with a snorkeler until I left and went into this house or place of business. It was four stories high, and I had to ride up the ramps next to the stairways on a motorcycle. At first a douchey frat boy in a black pickup truck nearly cut me off but I cussed him out and rode my bike up the four floors to the nail salon or whatever. So I get in there and I accidentally spill my bag of marijuana all over the floor, and I'm like, "whoops, that's not mine, lol, wink, wink. But seriously help me clean this up before we get caught, and yeah help yourself to some buds for your trouble." And we keep bagging it but there's so much of it, like buds the size of my arm, and it's filling up trash bags but there's just so much marijuana. So eventually it gets cleaned up or we move on to the next act of the dream or whatever and the lady comes out and starts talking to me about how she's going to work out my muscle groups, and I'm like, "Wait, I'm just here for a manicure. Even though I guess I could use a workout. But I'm not really dressed for it." And she's like whatever. So then in Act Three I discover that my kitties' water closet is home to a litter of kittens. So I come out and confront the squatters who are living in whatever nail salon commune in Egypt I am apparently living in about whose fucking cat had a litter of kittens, and this blond dyke is all, "beyelzu said it was okay," and I'm like, "well I fucking didn't. You can have the cats here, but they need their own litter box. That one is special for Q and V only." So then there was some other business where I took the last roll of TP, and I'm like, "That's from the 9-pack of Charmin I bought when I moved out here!" And at some point a lady boss that I don't actually have offered to send me on a business trip to Bangladesh.

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium