Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Old 10-25-2016, 02:00 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: Iffy therapies given thumbs up by the FDA. SCARY! I'm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
I'm not posting in this thread anymore. You guys are assholes.
You're just now figuring that out? You're a bit slow as well.
aarp (10-25-2016), Angakuk (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 02:05 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
I don't think it was very efferent. Maybe he did it wrong.
No, you just didn't read the nonexistent warning label carefully enough to understand.
aarp (10-25-2016), Angakuk (10-25-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormlight View Post
How many babbies need to die??

Quote:
Sadly, children often bear the brunt of this harm. For instance, in its 2012 report, the American Association of Poison Control Center noted that there were a whopping 10,311 reported cases of poison exposure related to “homeopathic agents,” with 8,788 of those reported cases attributed to children five years of age or younger. Of the 10,311 reported cases, 697 required treatment in a health care facility.
FDA’s Homeopathic Teething Tablet Warning Lacks Credibility

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 10-28-2016, 07:53 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

lol welcome back peacegirl :wave:
Thanks, from:
But (10-28-2016), livius drusus (10-28-2016), Stephen Maturin (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
lol welcome back peacegirl :wave:
Don't get too excited. :giggle: This was a relevant response to an attack on homeopathy. That doesn't mean I m sticking around to be abused. After the product was reformulated in 2010, there have been no issues. I don't know where the problem originated, but it seems to have been rectified.

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 10-28-2016, 08:49 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Don't waste your money on those silly-assed homeopathic belladonna pills. If your young 'un is having a hard time with teething pain, just hit him upside the head with an all-natural rock. The pain in the side of his head will make him forget all about the teething pain. Problem solved. :yup:

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Adam (11-01-2016), Angakuk (10-29-2016), JoeP (10-29-2016), livius drusus (10-28-2016), Pan Narrans (10-29-2016), SR71 (10-29-2016), The Man (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Don't waste your money on those silly-assed homeopathic belladonna pills. If your young 'un is having a hard time with teething pain, just hit him upside the head with an all-natural rock. The pain in the side of his head will make him forget all about the teething pain. Problem solved. :yup:
Just hit him upside the head with a porcupine. Picking out all those quills will certainly divert his attention! :laugh:

Thanks, from:
Adam (11-01-2016), Angakuk (10-29-2016), Stephen Maturin (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 09:12 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

:chin:

Quote:
Ten deaths of children who used homeopathic teething tablets and 400 adverse events associated with the tablets have been reported to the US Food and Drug Administration, the agency said Wednesday.
Teething tablets may be linked to 10 children's deaths, FDA says - CNN.com

Given the well-established scientific precept that "correlation = causation until proven otherwise," caution dictates steering clear of these homeopathic teething tablets, regardless of what the Big Homeopathy apologists are saying.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

Thanks, from:
Adam (11-01-2016), Angakuk (10-29-2016), But (10-28-2016), ChuckF (10-28-2016), livius drusus (10-28-2016), The Man (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 09:14 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

LOL. It seems the homeopath nutcase wrote a lengthy article without understanding what this was all about.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (10-29-2016), livius drusus (10-28-2016), Stephen Maturin (10-28-2016), The Man (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
:chin:

Quote:
Ten deaths of children who used homeopathic teething tablets and 400 adverse events associated with the tablets have been reported to the US Food and Drug Administration, the agency said Wednesday.
Teething tablets may be linked to 10 children's deaths, FDA says - CNN.com

Given the well-established scientific precept that "correlation = causation until proven otherwise," caution dictates steering clear of these homeopathic teething tablets, regardless of what the Big Homeopathy apologists are saying.
It's curious why the FDA would advise not to give children these tablets because there may be a correlation with adverse events, yet mandate that every single child in the entire country get 49 doses of vaccine (69 by the age of 18) when there there is a very strong correlation (not causation) that vaccines may be responsible for serious or life threatening events in some children. So much hypocrisy. Wonder if it has to do with the bottom line. :yup:

Old 10-28-2016, 09:43 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
It's curious why the FDA would [ . . . ] mandate that every single child in the entire country get 49 doses of vaccine (69 by the age of 18)
:lol:

In which peacegirl's grasp of the functioning of the administrative state is further demonstrated

peacegirl, use the list!
Thanks, from:
Adam (11-01-2016), Angakuk (10-29-2016), But (01-07-2017), livius drusus (10-28-2016), Stephen Maturin (10-28-2016), The Man (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
LOL. It seems the homeopath nutcase wrote a lengthy article without understanding what this was all about.
I bet you didn't even read it.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:44 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
FDA . . . mandate[s] that every single child in the entire country get 49 doses of vaccine (69 by the age of 18)
:laugh:

A rather dramatic expansion of the FDA's statutory authority happened while we were sleeping last night! :freakout:

Thanks, from:
Adam (11-01-2016), Angakuk (10-29-2016), ChuckF (10-28-2016), livius drusus (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
It's curious why the FDA would [ . . . ] mandate that every single child in the entire country get 49 doses of vaccine (69 by the age of 18)
:lol:

In which peacegirl's grasp of the functioning of the administrative state is further demonstrated

peacegirl, use the list!
What does the functioning of the administrative state have to do with a set of symptoms that appear in both situations, yet one is implicated as being the culprit (although often given at the same time vaccines are given) and the other is "just a coincidence." Do you see the problem here, or are you just too blind?

Old 10-28-2016, 09:59 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

peacegirl, from where did you derive your claim that "the FDA . . . mandate[s] that every single child in the entire country get 49 doses of vaccine (69 by the age of 18)"?

Thanks, from:
Adam (11-01-2016), Angakuk (10-29-2016), But (10-28-2016), livius drusus (10-28-2016), Pan Narrans (10-29-2016), SR71 (10-29-2016), The Man (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
peacegirl, from where did you derive your claim that "the FDA . . . mandate[s] that every single child in the entire country get 49 doses of vaccine (69 by the age of 18)"?

The exemptions are shrinking. If Hillary wins it could turn into a federal mandate just like in California where the only exemption is a proven medical condition, otherwise you cannot go to public school. They already have people knocking on doors to check on the children's vaccination status and if they're not up to date they are prepared to inject them on the spot. It makes me cringe at the thought.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:05 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

If you made up the claim - and you did - then please just say so.

Thanks, from:
Adam (11-01-2016), Angakuk (10-29-2016), But (10-28-2016), The Man (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 10:05 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
What does the functioning of the administrative state have to do with a set of symptoms that appear in both situations, yet one is implicated as being the culprit (although often given at the same time vaccines are given) and the other is "just a coincidence."
I don't know, peacegirl, you're the one making up dumb shit about the FDA " mandat[ing] that every single child in the entire country get 49 doses of vaccine (69 by the age of 18)."

However, in the interest of sport, I'll take a crack at answering your question, peacegirl!

Line up 50 people who will not move, and a dog, from a slight distance away cannot identify the FDA Commissioner. If the FDA that every single child in the entire country get 49 doses of vaccine (69 by the age of 18), then he would recognize the FDA Commissioner instantly as he can from sound and smell...
Thanks, from:
Adam (11-01-2016), Angakuk (10-29-2016), livius drusus (10-28-2016), SR71 (10-29-2016), Stephen Maturin (10-28-2016), The Man (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 10:09 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

I read that the FDA commissioner's wang is like a phallic symbol. :yup:

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (10-29-2016), ChuckF (10-28-2016), livius drusus (10-28-2016), The Man (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
What does the functioning of the administrative state have to do with a set of symptoms that appear in both situations, yet one is implicated as being the culprit (although often given at the same time vaccines are given) and the other is "just a coincidence."
I don't know, peacegirl, you're the one making up dumb shit about the FDA " mandat[ing] that every single child in the entire country get 49 doses of vaccine (69 by the age of 18)."

However, in the interest of sport, I'll take a crack at answering your question, peacegirl!

Line up 50 people who will not move, and a dog, from a slight distance away cannot identify the FDA Commissioner. If the FDA that every single child in the entire country get 49 doses of vaccine (69 by the age of 18), then he would recognize the FDA Commissioner instantly as he can from sound and smell...
You just can't seem to stay on topic. You'd rather crack jokes at my expense, of course. It's interesting to observe how good you and Maturin are at deflecting, just so you can make a joke out of everything I post. That's why I can't stay.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:26 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

peacegirl, I thought you would agree the proof by dog eyes is a powerful one. I am amazed that you are so ready to dismiss it without even understand its foundation. I think you need to spend more time studying the Authentic Text; you've internalized your corruptions in the Corrupted Text!
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (10-29-2016), Stephen Maturin (10-28-2016), The Man (10-29-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
peacegirl, I thought you would agree the proof by dog eyes is a powerful one. I am amazed that you are so ready to dismiss it without even understand its foundation. I think you need to spend more time studying the Authentic Text; you've internalized your corruptions in the Corrupted Text!
I will get the last laugh! :wave:

Old 10-28-2016, 10:32 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Quote:
Ok, peacegirl. I mean, the actuarial tables suggest that is unlikely, but ok.

ETA: Wait, I forgot we are immortal, n/m.
Thanks, from:
Adam (11-01-2016), Angakuk (10-29-2016), Stephen Maturin (10-28-2016), The Man (10-29-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok, peacegirl. I mean, the actuarial tables suggest that is unlikely, but ok.

ETA: Wait, I forgot we are immortal, n/m.
God has his own timetable! I may be laughing from my grave! :smile:

Old 10-28-2016, 10:40 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

peacegirl, you claimed without any prompting whatsoever that "the FDA . . . mandate[s] that every single child in the entire country get 49 doses of vaccine (69 by the age of 18)." The claim - which is false, by the way - was central to the point you were trying to make. That being true, how does asking you to back up that claim qualify as "deflecting"?

Thanks, from:
Adam (11-01-2016), Angakuk (10-29-2016), But (10-28-2016), The Man (10-29-2016)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle