Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum

Old 10-10-2006, 06:42 PM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Default Re: Things to do in Denver When You're Dead

Yeah, well...I'm not paying as much attention as I have in past games.

I did misread what you were writing. Unvote: Legs
Old 10-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

unvote;
Old 10-10-2006, 09:06 PM
silky...

Checking in, sorry I've been sleeping all day :fever:
Old 10-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Just this guy, you know?

Right now there are just a couple of things that are bugging me.

Legs - First you have no problem jumping on the bandwagon against me after Nightson makes his case. Then you voted against Liv for saying it was a "damn compelling argument" and basically agreeing with you! It really struck me as just being way out of line. The kind of thing mafia might do when they don't want to be publically linked. Also, being 3rd to jump on that particular bandwagon is a possible indication of scummyness.

Widget - Just too quiet. We're all listening and trying to get a feel for what's going on, but you've only got a handful of posts here, none of them really saying anything. Surely you've got some thoughts on people at least?

Nightson - From the outset, he seems to be very helpful to the town...describing the kinds of things players should and shouldn't do, mentioning that we should allow people to defend themselves...It's all a little too helpful. The kind of helpful where you're trying to prove how "innocent" you are. (i.e. "It couldn't be Nightson, look how he tried to help the town!")

I still don't understand his vote against me. It seems like he's had it out for me from the beginning. On the first day, he randomly started a bandwagon against me, probably just trying to get some info. I jumped at it, and was nearly lynched as a result.

After I defended myself, every single other person seemed convinced that my actions were innocuous, and unvoted me...but not Nightson. He never addressed my defense, only my name claim, which for some reason was unconvincing. In post #173 he says he googled the name and found nothing. I was quickly able to figure out that Joe Heff is basically the narrator of the movie; maybe Nightson doesn't consider that to be anything. It's not much to go on, but "nothing" doesn't quite describe it.

Now, he's maintaining a vote against me, despite being the only player in the game who's had to expose himself by giving my assigned name, and having been sincere enough in my defense that a number of people were willing to believe me. Why? Because my character in the movie wasn't big enough?

I'm not really sure what's going on between Legs and Liv, if anything, so for me, it's not quite enough to earn a vote. Same with Widget. I'm suspicious, but not yet enough to vote on.

For the moment: Vote: Nightson
Old 10-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

At great personal risk I will state that that was compelling.

vote: Nightson
Old 10-10-2006, 10:12 PM
silky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy

Legs - First you have no problem jumping on the bandwagon against me after Nightson makes his case. Then you voted against Liv for saying it was a "damn compelling argument" and basically agreeing with you! It really struck me as just being way out of line.
At the time Nightson focused on you he had a good argument and I had absolutely nothing to go on, so I voted you.

Then liv said Nightson's argument had been damn compelling... and I was like WTF? it was okay, but I wouldn't say damn compelling. That seemed strange to me so I unvoted you and voted livius.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Just this guy, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs
Then liv said Nightson's argument had been damn compelling... and I was like WTF? it was okay, but I wouldn't say damn compelling. That seemed strange to me so I unvoted you and voted livius.
I know...that's what I found suspicious. :P
Old 10-10-2006, 10:17 PM
silky...

:laugh:

It's just that her words were strong, that's all.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Just this guy, you know?

I understand...it just struck me as odd. First you vote for me based on a lengthy, detailed argument...then you change it to vote for someone who agrees with you, but usues the wrong adjectives?

It wasn't enough for me to vote for you, but just something that stuck out in my mind.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:41 PM
silky...

I'm fickle, what can I say?
Old 10-11-2006, 01:37 AM

Quote:
I was quickly able to figure out that Joe Heff is basically the narrator of the movie; maybe Nightson doesn't consider that to be anything. It's not much to go on, but "nothing" doesn't quite describe it.

Now, he's maintaining a vote against me, despite being the only player in the game who's had to expose himself by giving my assigned name, and having been sincere enough in my defense that a number of people were willing to believe me. Why? Because my character in the movie wasn't big enough?
He's the narrator?Well that would explain why I never saw his character. That raises the strength of your name claim to me.

And I'm not voting for you.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:21 AM
Just this guy, you know?

Ugh...I keep missing it because when you unvote, you never say who you're unvoting. Sorry. I'll think about my vote again....The stuff i posted earlier was mainly suspicions I wanted to vocalize.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:24 AM
Just this guy, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightson
He's the narrator?Well that would explain why I never saw his character. That raises the strength of your name claim to me.
And that was just something I found from googleing it...I'm not entirely sure it's true (I've still not seen the movie), just seemed odd to say you found absolutely nothing. Admittedly it wasn't much, but there was something!!
Old 10-11-2006, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Quote:
And that was just something I found from googleing it...I'm not entirely sure it's true (I've still not seen the movie), just seemed odd to say you found absolutely nothing. Admittedly it wasn't much, but there was something!!
Linkie?
Old 10-11-2006, 12:02 PM
silky...

Checking in, good morning all
Old 10-11-2006, 12:16 PM
not very big for a grown-up

Morning/afternoon everyone.

Still no Spenser eh?
Old 10-11-2006, 01:18 PM
forever in search of dill pickle doritos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesifer
Morning/afternoon everyone.

Still no Spenser eh?
Hello! :wave:

And yes, still no spenser.

I don't know, I'm torn. I think that people not participating are likely to be townies, in that I would think it's more exciting to be scum and people are more likely to keep checking in and seeing what is happening if they are scum. So I don't really want to vote for spenser because of that.

But the other side is that same issue I had with tgg, townies that don't participate don't help the town at all. And later, when we're getting near the end of the game we'll have no info on them anyway. So I kinda do want to vote for spenser.

What is everyone else's take on townies that either don't participate or hurt the town in some other way? Do they need to be weeded out?
Old 10-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Just this guy, you know?

Quote:
Linkie?
http://imdb.com/title/tt0114660/usercomments?start=80

Just search for heff in there, and you'll see it.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshady2357
But the other side is that same issue I had with tgg, townies that don't participate don't help the town at all. And later, when we're getting near the end of the game we'll have no info on them anyway. So I kinda do want to vote for spenser.
That's my main point, slim. If and when Spenser posts on the thread (depending on what he says), I'll probably unvote him.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Just this guy, you know?

I don't have much of a feeling on Spenser. He did once vote against Legs for having a picture of a witch...in October. But then again, everyone was fishing for reasons at that point.

This whole thing boils down to a numbers game. If we keep eliminating towines just because they're inactive, we're screwed. We've already offed one, if we kill another, we'll be down 4 townies without having killed a single mafia.

The odds were bad enough at the beginning of the game. They'll quickly become much worse if we don't have solid reasons for killing people. I don't think we can afford to keep killing people because they are MIA. It's boring, but the one thing on our side is time. We can afford to be patient.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Procrastinate now, why put it off?

I'm here. I'm not much of a weekend poster and have been sick for the past couple of days so the computer didn't get much of my attention. I tend to agree a bit with Moxy here on Nightson.

Vote: Nightson
Old 10-11-2006, 05:59 PM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

vote tally

2. Crumb - nightson
3. Spenser - nightson
4. Lees - spenser
5. Nightson - godfry
6. livius - godfry
7.Slimshady-

9. Widget -
10. Legsy - livius
11. godfry n. glad -
12. Moxy - nightson

nightson - 3
spenser - 1
godfry - 2
livius - 1

and with ten left it takes 6 to lynch guys.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Linkie?
http://imdb.com/title/tt0114660/usercomments?start=80

Just search for heff in there, and you'll see it.

:blushes: I didn't bother to read that far down....

With a stronger name claim and your recent protownieness I don't plan on voting for you unless you do something really scummy.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:46 PM

Quote:
This whole thing boils down to a numbers game. If we keep eliminating towines just because they're inactive, we're screwed. We've already offed one, if we kill another, we'll be down 4 townies without having killed a single mafia.

The odds were bad enough at the beginning of the game. They'll quickly become much worse if we don't have solid reasons for killing people. I don't think we can afford to keep killing people because they are MIA. It's boring, but the one thing on our side is time. We can afford to be patient.
Quoted for Truth

Offing a single townie because they aren't posting isn't too bad, but continuing to lurker hunt at the expense of hunting scum will lead to a town loss without a doubt. If we want to find a scum, I'd suggest looking at all the people who hopped on the TGG bandwagon, it was an easy kill for the scum, there'd definately be one among them.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:33 PM

* Leesifer checks to see if she jumped on the tgg bandwagon. :runaway:

ETA: After checking, I see that I actually started the bandwagon on tgg. Well I was the first to vote anyhow. I've done the same with Spenser (for the same reason - not posting) who has now posted so I will:

unvote: Spenser

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum