Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Arts & Literature

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2012, 02:45 AM
Tellifying

Default Re: DC Nation

I watched the premiere of DC Nation and found myself enjoying it. No big surprise when it comes to Young Justice, as I really liked the first Season. The second season premiere was very strong and very interesting. I kept expecting a callback to Kids' Stuff from Justice League Unlimited, but never saw one.

What was surprising was how much I enjoyed Green Lantern. I thought I would find the "3D" animation to be off-putting, but it worked okay for me. I think a large part of that is because so much of the episode took part in space. Still, the biggest surprise was that I didn't mind the Red Lanterns. I've gotten very crotchety in my old age and have taken a "back in my day" old man approach to most of the new superhero storylines these days. So, without having read any of the issues, I've already pre-judged the new Lantern mythos as bullshit.

That being said, the Red Lanterns were okay. Learned next to nothing about them, other than they like killing Green Lanterns and that might be the secret to me liking them so far.

My daughters and I really liked the shorts acting as bumpers. They were cute, funny and silly. I approve. I am definitely tuning in next week.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Arts & Literature