Old 05-18-2017, 05:04 AM
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.

Default Re: Good King Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Yashar @yashar
WSJ: Information Trump shared with Russians came from key source that tracks ISIS threat (link: https://www.wsj.com/articles/israeli...eat-1495068912)
10:06 PM · May 17, 2017

Twitter

So. Much. Winning.
So does that means Trump is working with Israel and Russia to defeat the terrorists, or against Israel with Russia to defeat the terrorists?

ISIS is against Syria, and Russia is for Syria, so is Trump telling secrets which will help Israel or hurt Israel?

You dumb fucks have no idea, do you? Admit it.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:14 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-18-2017), Nullifidian (05-18-2017), Pan Narrans (05-18-2017), Sock Puppet (05-20-2017), Stormlight (05-18-2017), The Man (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 07:11 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

House majority leader to colleagues in 2016: 'I think Putin pays' Trump - The Washington Post

:popcorn:

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
Nullifidian (05-18-2017), Sock Puppet (05-20-2017), The Man (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 07:27 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-19-2017), BrotherMan (05-18-2017), But (05-18-2017), ChuckF (05-18-2017), Corona688 (05-18-2017), Crumb (05-18-2017), Dingfod (05-18-2017), JoeP (05-18-2017), lisarea (05-18-2017), Miisa (05-18-2017), Nullifidian (05-18-2017), Pan Narrans (05-18-2017), SharonDee (05-31-2017), Sock Puppet (05-20-2017), The Man (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 10:56 AM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

At this point, I think it is worth seriously speculating about how many people the scandal I’ve taken to calling Russia-a-Lago is going to bring down. Because let’s be honest: At this point, far, far more people than President* Dunning-Kruger are implicated. An element that didn't get much focus in the discussion of Paul Ryanbot 4000’s alleged sense of humour (which implies much more sophisticated programming than this particular model has ever displayed; I’m sceptical that the model can even consistently pass a Turing test, much less more complicated tests like Voight-Kampff or a semblance of humour) is this particular exchange from June 2016, leaked to the Washington Post as part of an audio recording:

Quote:
McCarthy: [unintelligible]…I’ll GUARANTEE you that’s what it is.
[Unintelligible]
McCarthy: The Russians hacked the DNC and got the opp research that they had on Trump.
McCarthy: laughs
[Crosstalk]
Ryan: The Russian’s hacked the DNC…
McHenry: …to get oppo…
Ryan: …on Trump and like delivered it to…to who?
This is understandable, because you’ve also got Ryanbot 4000 admitting that President* Shitgibbon is on Putin’s payroll. But this is admitting that they were aware of foreign interference in the American election and sat on the knowledge for partisan gain. Which is inching ever closer to the territory of... light... treason.

And that’s where it seems to go with almost all of them. I can’t even hope to get a full handle on all the scandals going on right now. Tangerine Torquemada burned an Israeli asset who appears to have been one of the world’s foremost experts on Daesh, right? But it’s hard to maintain focus on that. Sessions violated his “recusal” last week with his apparent recommendation to fire Comey. Remember that? But how can we focus on that with the current breaking stories?

This is like a Bizarro World version of what was happening during the campaign: there were Kim Jong Orange scandals every day, but the media had the memory of a goldfish, so most of them ultimately had little to no impact on the election returns. But that’s not what’s happening here. We’re dealing with practised bureaucrats who have dealt with behaviour like this for their entire professional careers, and given that several of them rose to the top positions in their organisations, there are probably few people in the world more skilled at documenting criminal behaviour like this and building far-reaching cases encompassing as many people as are implicated in the conspiracies as possible.

And Cheeto Benito made it personal by firing Comey, and then threatening him, and then lying about conversations Comey had meticulously documented. Comey had meticulously documented every single conversation he had with the shitgibbon, because it’s the sort of thing he’s been trained to do, and he possessed the instincts to realise that the shitgibbon was the sort of person for whom such documentation could prove necessary. This is the level of preparation we are talking about.

And he pissed off Rosenstein, too, by drawing him into the Comey firing story. The echo of history here is difficult to avoid noticing; Mark Felt, of course, leaked to Woodward and Bernstein in large part because he was displeased with how Nixon had treated the FBI. But this is far more blatant. I don’t think there’s a parallel here. If you wrote it in a screenplay, as with too many other aspects of recent politics, you’d be criticised for being too on-the-nose with the symbolism. (Another case of reality’s symbolism being too unsubtle: the president* has sometimes been compared to The Manchurian Candidate. Shaw’s mother was based on Roy Cohn, who was the shitgibbon’s mentor. You couldn’t make this kind of thing up.)

At this point, I would consider the odds better than even that Manhattan Mugabe doesn’t finish out his first term, much less a second. He went to war with the FBI, and it’s clear how hilariously outmatched he is. He’s playing tic-tac-toe at such a basic skill level that he can’t win half the games where he’s given the first move. The FBI is playing Go.

The more intriguing question is how many people Napoleorange will bring down with him. I think it’s clear that Pence won’t survive. He had to have been in this up to his eyeballs as director of the shitgibbon’s transition team, and recent reporting has revealed how active a participant he has been in the cover-up efforts. Ryan seems deeply implicated as well. I think it’s quite possible that a successful impeachment of Persimmon Pustule will simultaneously bring down his co-conspirators. And, of course, we also need to consider the character (or, rather, the complete lack thereof) of the individual. I’m not certain Idiot Amin understands the concept of loyalty, and he certainly has never demonstrated it. If he realises he’s going down, he may try to take as many of his co-conspirators with him as possible. He certainly doesn’t seem to like Pence or Ryan much.

So if this breaks before 2019, we could be looking at President Hatch. If the Democrats retake the House in 2018, and the impeachments break after the new Congress is seated, we could see President Pelosi. Having probably the most vulgar misogynist who’s ever held the office succeeded by ~a girl~ would have a delicious taste to it that I’d find difficult to resist if I were writing an ending to this absurd soap opera. But it could be improved further. Pelosi would be the presumptive Speaker, but the Speaker doesn’t actually have to be a member of Congress. I can think of an immensely qualified individual, possibly the most qualified in our nation’s history, who could be named as Speaker instead. And, tellingly, this particular individual happened to receive more votes for the office of president than its current occupant did.

I’m just throwing out ideas here, but if I had to work with the absurd soap opera that is the script of American politics over the past couple of years and then graft a satisfying ending onto it, seeing the popular vote victor of 2016 belatedly installed as president does seem like the most satisfying one I could come up with. Because, let’s be honest, she’s fucking earned this. I doubt it’ll happen, but I also can’t think of anyone who’d be better qualified to clean up the mess this maladministration has left. And we need someone who’s capable of cleaning things up, because there probably hasn’t been a state of chaos like this in our government since the Civil War. So it’s something we should be seriously talking about.

(I do have to note another aspect of reality that dissatisfies me here: the first black president had to clean up Bush 43’s mess. Now it seems entirely possible that the first woman president will have to clean up Orangeymandias’ mess. White people, please, stop fucking everything up for everyone else.)

Anyway, an aspect of the Russia story that hasn’t been discussed that often is that the Russians didn’t merely obtain DNC emails; they also obtained Republicans’ emails. Those emails haven’t been published. We don’t really know whose emails they were, or what their contents were. But it is important to note that many high-ranking Republicans may be subject to Russian kompromat.

The question with Watergate was “What did the president know, and when did he know it?”. It’s not actually clear that the president* is capable of possessing knowledge, but we have to extend this question not merely to him but to his advisers, to high-ranking Republicans, and to anyone involved in the administration.

I’m in the midst of a move, and I’m heavily sleep-deprived as a result, so I’m still processing a lot of this. I honestly don’t think there is a comparable period in human history. I’m not sure a major world power has ever been in the hands of someone simultaneously this incompetent, this corrupt, this compromised by a foreign power, and this temperamentally ill-suited to the office. It was probably inevitable that the Shitgibbon Administration would end up being a flaming dumpster fire, but I think its sheer incompetence has far exceeded what any reasonable observer could have predicted. Every day there are so many new stories that it’s almost impossible to process all of them.

I’d like to apologise if this isn’t fully coherent. I haven’t proofread all of it. I may clean it up some after getting some sleep.

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

last.fm · my music · Marathon Expanded Universe
Thanks, from:
JoeP (05-18-2017), Stormlight (05-18-2017), The Lone Ranger (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 02:23 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

The real actual Trump on Twitter, "This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!"

Seriously, how do you parody this?
Thanks, from:
The Man (05-18-2017), Vivisectus (05-18-2017), Watser? (05-19-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 02:54 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Quote:
So if this breaks before 2019, we could be looking at President Hatch. If the Democrats retake the House in 2018, and the impeachments break after the new Congress is seated, we could see President Pelosi.
The problem with this is that conviction in the senate requires Republican votes.

While I could see them breaking under the pressure of Trump's incompetence and corruption, convicting Pence would be far less likely (since he's likely guilty of less and much better able to keep his trap shut to keep it from getting out of hand).

Furthermore, if Pelosi or another Democrat were next in line, the likelihood of Republicans voting to convict Pence drops to pretty near zero, unless there are absolutely explosive revelations about Pence.

Best case scenario, they agree to remove Pence if Democrats agree to confirm Pence's VP appointment (who would have to be somewhat moderate I suppose). After all, we must respect the will of the people Electoral College, which elected a Republican.
Quote:
Pelosi would be the presumptive Speaker, but the Speaker doesn’t actually have to be a member of Congress. I can think of an immensely qualified individual, possibly the most qualified in our nation’s history, who could be named as Speaker instead. And, tellingly, this particular individual happened to receive more votes for the office of president than its current occupant did.
If we're indulging this fantasy, I'd probably say that Biden would be the sensible choice for Democrats. He could take office, vow not to run for reelection, and probably could best portray it as taking the position to clean up the GOP's mess, not to exploit it.

Clinton taking office that way would be a poetic ending, but politically not a great idea, IMO.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (05-18-2017), JoeP (05-18-2017), The Man (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
The real actual Trump on Twitter, "This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!"

Seriously, how do you parody this?
He is a parody, that was the point. He was just there to make Clinton look good with her decades long string of corruption baggage.

Its just that she really is sick and they had to flip the script and put Trump in instead.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
Quote:
So if this breaks before 2019, we could be looking at President Hatch. If the Democrats retake the House in 2018, and the impeachments break after the new Congress is seated, we could see President Pelosi.
The problem with this is that conviction in the senate requires Republican votes.

While I could see them breaking under the pressure of Trump's incompetence and corruption, convicting Pence would be far less likely (since he's likely guilty of less and much better able to keep his trap shut to keep it from getting out of hand).

Furthermore, if Pelosi or another Democrat were next in line, the likelihood of Republicans voting to convict Pence drops to pretty near zero, unless there are absolutely explosive revelations about Pence.

Best case scenario, they agree to remove Pence if Democrats agree to confirm Pence's VP appointment (who would have to be somewhat moderate I suppose). After all, we must respect the will of the people Electoral College, which elected a Republican.
So, I see your reasoning here, but I think it depends on the assumption that the current framing of the story is going to remain operative when the FBI and Mueller’s investigations have reached their conclusions. I find this highly unlikely.

This isn’t a question of obstruction of justice or something like that. I mean, the obstruction is the smoking gun, but there hasn’t been much discussion of what the weapon was used for. The most likely reason there is a cover-up is treason.

That might sound a bit hyperbolic right now, but let’s frame the issue correctly: Significant portions of the Republican Party colluded with a hostile foreign power to erode the foundations of our democracy. It’s not clear how many of them are active participants in it, but it’s now clear that Twitler is, wittingly or unwittingly, a Russian intelligence asset. By burning a source possessing key intelligence information on Daesh, Twitler has now endangered American lives. The conspiracy to get him placed into the highest elected office in the land, and then cover up the conspiracy, unquestionably qualifies as treason.

And we also already know that the Russians have kompromat on key Republicans through leaked RNC emails. It isn’t a matter of public knowledge which Republicans were compromised yet, and if the FBI/Mueller don’t know this yet, uncovering it is likely to become a key focus of their investigation. Remember, Mueller’s mandate to pursue his investigation is incredibly broad; anything that relates to the Twitler campaign’s collusion with Russia falls within his investigation’s domain. If Republicans are discovered to have been colluding with Russia or enabling the Twitler campaign/administration’s cover-up of its Russia ties, they fall into the scope of Mueller’s mandate.

So we’re not merely talking about “can people remain in office”. We’re talking about “can people escape sentencing for a capital crime”. I don’t know whether the death penalty is going to become a matter of serious question, but people can be and have been executed for treason. The Rosenbergs, of course, are one of the most infamous cases. I oppose the death penalty overall, but if we want to talk seriously about being a nation of laws, particularly after it’s become clear how thoroughly our institutions have become corrupted by a hostile foreign power, that discussion will lead to serious considerations of executing elected officials who collaborated with a hostile foreign power to undermine those institutions.

So Reagan’s First Commandment isn’t really going to be the operative issue here. It’s quite possible that the prevailing mood in Washington isn’t going to be about party unity. It’s going to be about not risking treason sentences. That’s going to lead to a significantly different political calculus than we see right now.

I can’t guarantee that all of these things will come to pass, of course. However, Pence is, as I said, up to his eyeballs in this stuff, and he might try not to talk much, but he’s very, very bad at covering things up. He’s been demonstrated to have lied on countless occasions (I don’t have a list, but I’m sure someone in the FBI already does). And we’ve seen Ryan treating the matter of collusion with Russia as a joke. To put this another way, we’ve seen Ryan treating the matter of treason as a joke. These people are not clean. If this is what we’ve seen, the FBI already has much, much more on them. I think the odds of either of them surviving a Twitler impeachment are close to zero.

For this reason, I honestly think President Hatch is the most likely outcome. He’s the first Republican in the chain of succession that doesn’t have obvious evidence of either collusion with the Russians or participation in a cover-up of collusion with the Russians as a matter of public knowledge already. I suspect the investigation will likely proceed to a point where all of this becomes public knowledge by November 2018. At this point, Republicans will likely wish to preserve what they can of their power, and getting rid of everyone who looks likely to fall anyway ensures that they at least retain the presidency for two years.

If things don’t progress to this point by the midterms, things will end up much, much worse for the Republicans. Because, again, I think we’ll end up with widespread discussions of Republican treason. You know how the Civil War was treason in defence of slavery? What we have right now is, essentially, treason in defence of tax cuts.

We should also remember that Democrats have been roughly +20% over their normal performance in the two special elections that have already occurred. These were before the outcry about the AHCA and, more to the point, before most of the evidence of treason had emerged. Gerrymandering breaks down badly if a large enough wave against the party that employs it occurs, and the Republican Party owes much of its House majority to gerrymandering. That doesn’t affect the Senate, of course. It’s unlikely that the Senate will flip in 2018. On the other hand, Republicans will likely end up looking towards 2020. They will know that, if they continue fucking things up as badly as they have been, there will almost certainly be a Democratic administration and a Democratic Senate after 2020 elections. And that could lead to further investigations that could uncover more crimes.

I may be overestimating how much this investigation will uncover, but after seeing how crazy-prepared Comey has been and how flabbergastingly incompetent Twitler and everyone who surrounds him are, I doubt it. If the Republicans don’t want their party name to be routinely preceded by the epithet “Vichy”, they’re going to have a lot of work to do to convince the public they’re clean. I predict they’ll end up fleeing the Twitler regime and anyone connected with it like rats fleeing a sinking ship. (I apologise to rats everywhere for the libellous simile.)

Quote:
Quote:
Pelosi would be the presumptive Speaker, but the Speaker doesn’t actually have to be a member of Congress. I can think of an immensely qualified individual, possibly the most qualified in our nation’s history, who could be named as Speaker instead. And, tellingly, this particular individual happened to receive more votes for the office of president than its current occupant did.
If we're indulging this fantasy, I'd probably say that Biden would be the sensible choice for Democrats. He could take office, vow not to run for reelection, and probably could best portray it as taking the position to clean up the GOP's mess, not to exploit it.

Clinton taking office that way would be a poetic ending, but politically not a great idea, IMO.
Biden probably would be less divisive, but he could end up criticised for being someone who had never been elected to the position of president. Clinton has, at least, won a popular vote for the presidency. (Then again, Biden has won both the popular and electoral vote for vice president twice, so I can still see a good argument for him).

I’m mostly going on terms of “who is best qualified for the job” when writing my fantasy ending. After the last couple of years, I don’t feel even remotely qualified to speculate on what is the politically savviest move, and I don’t actually know if anyone else in the country has much skill at predicting what is likely to be politically effective. I rather doubt it. Twitler has effectively ended up being the Mule to the Hari Seldon of political science. Nearly everything we thought we knew has been scrambled.

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

Last edited by The Man; 05-19-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (05-19-2017), Stormlight (05-19-2017), The Lone Ranger (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 07:59 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (05-19-2017), JoeP (05-19-2017), Miisa (05-20-2017), Pan Narrans (05-19-2017), Stormlight (05-19-2017), The Man (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 09:12 AM

Is Donald Trump a witch? - The Washington Post

I'm not going to excerpt, because I don't feel it would do the piece justice. It's worth reading in its entirety.

Also, this:

Trump isn't a toddler - he's a product of America's culture of impunity for the rich - Vox

Thanks, from:
JoeP (05-19-2017), Stormlight (05-20-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 05:55 PM
Solipsist

Quote:
That might sound a bit hyperbolic right now
It does a little, but you write it so well it's plausible. My only reservation is how closely aligned it is with (my, perhaps your) wishful thinking.

Quote:
I may be overestimating how much this investigation will uncover, but after seeing how crazy-prepared Comey has been and how flabbergastingly incompetent Twitler and everyone who surrounds him are, I doubt it.
The bolded bit is beyond doubt. If hardly believable.

Quote:
(I apologise to rats everywhere for the libellous simile.)
Aside: after 10+ years of :ff: I can no longer read the word simile correctly :innocent: :simile:

Quote:
Twitler has effectively ended up being the Mule to the Hari Seldon of political science.
Mind blown.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-25-2017), Miisa (05-20-2017), Stormlight (05-20-2017), The Man (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 06:10 PM
Solipsist

srs question: why did Comey write to the FBI and to Congress in October about the extra batch of emails, when this wasn't obligatory and would obviously help Trump? while he was - it is more clear than ever - seriously investigating Trump?

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Crumb (05-19-2017), Stormlight (05-20-2017), The Man (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 06:27 PM

Because Comey is a Clinton guy, has been protecting them since Bill was in trouble for his pay-for-play pardon scheme, and Comey was a US Attorney.

What she did was criminal, and deep, so he was doing just enough to not be directly involved in the cover-up, whilst still helping the cover-up.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:13 PM
the internet says I'm right

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
srs question: why did Comey write to the FBI and to Congress in October about the extra batch of emails, when this wasn't obligatory and would obviously help Trump? while he was - it is more clear than ever - seriously investigating Trump?
The best explanation I've heard so far was that he, like most everyone else, was convinced Hillary was going to win, and in the event that 1) she did win, and 2) some kind of transgression, serious or otherwise, turned up in the emails, he didn't want to get called out for "letting" her win by keeping quiet - which it should be noted is standard FBI protocol regardless, so he could have and should have defended his conduct with that. The Trump investigation, while serious, undoubtedly seemed like more of a side show. Not many people care what the losing party was up to after the election. Turns out not wanting to appear a partisan shill for the party that was going to win made him look like a partisan shill for the party that did win in a far more substantial way, but everything I've heard and read seems to indicate that he was as blindsided by Trump's squeaked victory as everyone else.

Don't get me wrong, it was a massively bone-headed and improper move, violating a lot of standard procedures and best practices, but he seems to have come by the screw-up... honestly, I guess.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (05-19-2017), JoeP (05-19-2017), Kamilah Hauptmann (05-19-2017), specious_reasons (05-20-2017), Stormlight (05-20-2017), The Man (05-19-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 09:23 AM
Now in six dimensions!

On top of all that, there's great suspicion folks in the FBI branch of NY were leaking to Republicans (particularly Giuliani) - if Comey hadn't made a statement, they would have. Then you have a candidate - who was being attacked as elitist and out-of-touch and involved in various conspiracies - now mired in what would be framed as an FBI coverup. There was no good way out for Comey.
JoeP (05-20-2017), specious_reasons (05-20-2017), Stormlight (05-20-2017), The Man (05-20-2017), Zehava (05-20-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 05:50 PM

Thanks, from:
ChuckF (05-21-2017), Dragar (05-20-2017), Kyuss Apollo (05-21-2017), slimshady2357 (05-20-2017), Stormlight (05-20-2017), The Man (05-20-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 12:54 AM

Old 05-21-2017, 01:58 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Oh look. Performance art.

Thanks, from:
Ari (05-21-2017), Stormlight (05-21-2017), The Man (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 02:30 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

Trump daintily bends knee to, curtsies before Islamic fundamentalist foreign king

Thanks, from:
JoeP (05-21-2017), Kyuss Apollo (05-21-2017), Sock Puppet (05-21-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-21-2017), Stormlight (05-21-2017), The Man (05-21-2017), Watser? (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 02:42 AM

lol, he is receiving a gift, you troll

:troll:
Old 05-21-2017, 02:45 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

He is receiving the yoke of the Caliphate, bending the knee to Sharia.

His curtsey is adorable, though.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-25-2017), Sock Puppet (05-21-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-21-2017), Stormlight (05-21-2017), The Man (05-21-2017), Watser? (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 02:46 AM

Trump is a top, Obama is a bottom, and Bush is in love.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:34 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

There's a definite curtsy after receiving the medal.

Trump is a cuck.
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (05-21-2017), Kyuss Apollo (05-21-2017), lisarea (05-21-2017), Sock Puppet (05-21-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-21-2017), Stormlight (05-21-2017), The Man (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Trumpalumpa
I love prisoner Melania's face.
It says, "I was the one to call the servant to change his diaper and HE gets the medal!?"
Thanks, from:
Sock Puppet (05-21-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-21-2017)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law