Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 10-19-2015, 11:28 PM
" I am human. I conider nothing that is human as alien to me." Terence

Default The Spirit

The human Spirit lives in a twilight zone where the day and night appear conjoined and indistinguishable from each other. The Spirit lives in an ethereal world. It is the quintessential element to the human’s imagination.

There are two twilight zones. One is from dawn to sunrise. This is the lightening Spirit. The other twilight zone is from sunset to dusk. This is the darkening Spirit.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:27 AM

Default Re: The Spirit

The twilight zone from Dawn to Sunrise ushers in the day. The day is a time of the intellect and work.

The twilight zone from Sunset to Dusk ushers in the night. The night is a time of the heart and play.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:39 AM

From Wikipedia...

The English word spirit (from Latin spiritus "breath") has many different meanings and connotations, most of them relating to a non-corporeal substance contrasted with the material body. It can also refer to a "subtle" as opposed to "gross" material substance, as in the famous last paragraph of Sir Isaac Newton's Principia Mathematica.[1]

The word spirit is often used metaphysically to refer to the consciousness or personality. The notions of a person's spirit and soul often also overlap, as both contrast with body and both are understood as surviving the bodily death in religion and occultism,[2] and "spirit" can also have the sense of "ghost", i.e. a manifestation of the spirit of a deceased person.

The term may also refer to any incorporeal or immaterial being, such as demons or deities.[3] In the Bible, "the Spirit" (with a capital "S"), specifically denotes the Holy Spirit.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsavegan View Post
The twilight zone from Dawn to Sunrise ushers in the day. The day is a time of the intellect and work.

The twilight zone from Sunset to Dusk ushers in the night. The night is a time of the heart and play.
In order to get a feeling of the spirit of the day, you might want to read "Works and Days" by Hesiod.

In order to get a feeling of the spirit of the night, you might want to read the short stories of Anais Nin.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:25 AM

It is 12 AM and the bewitching hour.

The good and evil spirits are out in force and dressed in full splendor. They are warring for power and control of Human Spirits.

Before midnight the Las Vegas bookmakers had the evil spirits as slight favorites at 8-5 odds. Now that the spirits have started their warring the bookmakers have raised the odds to 2-1 in favor of the evil spirits.

The warring ends at Dawn and the winner rules the day. Humans will know the winner by the weather. If it is rainy and stormy then the evil spirits have won. If it is sunny then the good spirits have won.

I'm no longer a betting man so I'll just wait until Dawn and see what the daylight brings.

Last edited by bobsavegan; 11-01-2015 at 04:45 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:21 AM

It's after 6AM and Dawn was at 5:59 and it's cloudy. The Las Vegas bookmakers still have the evil spirits as the favorite but they have reduced the odds to even money. The bookmakers are making their pay-offs and essentially they are giving all their bettors their money back.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:09 PM

Sunset in Albany was at 4:48. it is starting to get dark. The darkening spirits are getting dressed and ready to come out and play.

It will be a big night tonight and day tomorrow for both the darkening and lightening spirits. According to the Catholic calendar, tomorrow November 2nd is All Souls Days. therefore all the Human Spirits will be out.

The weather tomorrow will let us know whether the darkening or lightening spirits rule the day. With all the Human Spirits free and loose either the darkening or the lightening spirits will have a field day.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:44 AM

It's after midnight and the Human Spirits have been set free.

While the darkening and lightening spirit are dressed in full dress, they are not warring. Instead there is a friendly rivalry.
The Las Vegas bookmakers must be watching the weather pretty closely. Right now in Albany the weather is partly cloudy and tomorrow is forecast to be mostly Sunny.

The bookmakers have the lightening spirits as the favorite at the odds of 2 to 1.

Last edited by bobsavegan; 11-02-2015 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:21 AM

The weather in Albany has changed a little. It is now mostly cloudy.

The Las Vegas bookmakers have changed also. They now have the darkening spirits as the favorite at odds of 8 to 5.

The one thing about the darkening spirits which make it different from the lightening spirits is that the darkening spirits have magical powers. They have that old black magic.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:14 AM

Dawn was at 6 AM and there are many clouds on the horizon but the rest of the sky is clear and blue.

The darkening and lightening spirits finished in a photo finish. The judges have declared the lightening spirit as the winner by a nose.

The Las Vegas bookmakers lost there bet and paid off the bettors.

I was hoping the lightening spirit would win and now that it did I'm singing and dancing in my living room.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:24 PM

Sunset is fast approaching. The darkening and lightening spirits are preparing for a night of busy rivalry. They are getting all dressed up in full splendor.

It was a beautiful day. It was Sunny with blue skies. My mood was very happy. I might even celebrate tonight.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:20 AM

Right now, the weather in Albany is clear skies with periodic clouds. The forecast for tomorrow is Sunny and clear.

The darkening and lightening spirits are getting ready for more busy rivalry starting at midnight,

In early betting, the Las Vegas bookmakers have the lighten spirit as 9-5 favorite. The darkening and lightening spirits are also watching the weather and the betting. The darkening spirit will have to put in an extra effort in order to win. Last night , it came very close and it only lost by nose.

I will not be betting although it appears the lightening spirit will be the sure winner

Tomorrow I will be very happy again just like today.

Let's go lightening spirit. I feel you can win for sure.

Lighten Up!!

Last edited by bobsavegan; 11-03-2015 at 05:22 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:45 AM

Right now, the weather in Albany is clear with periodic clouds. The half moon is shining brightly.

The lightening spirit's name is Sonny Boy and the darkening spirit's name is Stormy Weather. Both Sonny Boy and Stormy Weather are dressed in splendid regalia befitting their lineage. They have started their busy rivalry.

The Las Vegas bookmakers have reduced the odds on Sonny Boy to 8-5. Still those odds are nothing to sneeze at. For every $5 that is bet there is an $8 return. The odds reflect the amount of money that is bet. The betting is a para-mutual.

Sonny Boy is currently leading right out of the gate.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:21 AM

Dawn was at 6:01 and the busy rivalry between Stormy Weather and Sonny Boy has ended.

There are a few clouds on the horizon and the skies are partially cloudy. The clouds on the horizon are glowing beautiful rose color. The Sun is rising in full array.

Sonny Boy has won handily. He pulled away from Stormy Weather in the final minutes.

The Las Vegas bookmakers still had Sonny Boy at 8-5 and they have paid off their bettors electronically.

I am smiling from ear to ear and occasionally burst out in giddy laughter. It's going to be a fine day ahead.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:37 PM

It's dark in Albany. That means that Stormy Weather and Sonny Boy are preparing for the meeting at Midnight.

The weather and bookmakers are favoring Sonny Boy. In early betting the Las Vegas bookmakers have Sonny Boy as the favorite at 2-1 odds. That means that for every $5 bet there is a $10 return. You double your money.

The weather right now is clear skies and the forecast for tomorrow is Sunny. Things aren't looking too good for Stormy Weather. He is sad and feeling kind of blue. Sonny Boy is happy and feeling cheerful.

Stormy Weather sings a song to Sonny Boy telling him that he's a lonely man...

Last edited by bobsavegan; 11-03-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:22 AM

Right now, the weather in Albany is clear skies. The sky is full of stars. The forecast for tomorrow is calling for clear skies and Sunny all day.

The betting windows are closed. Sonny Boy is the favorite at even money. This means that for those who bet on Sonny Boy every $5 bet returns $5. The bookmakers do not intend to lose money again like yesterday,

Stormy Weather went off at 3-1 odds. This means that for those who bet on Stormy Weather every $5 bet returns $15. Those are terrific odds but I still wouldn't bet against Sonny Boy tonight.

As usual Stormy Weather and Sonny Boy are dressed in splendid garb. You can tell they must be descendants of royalty.

Stormy Weather and Sonny Boy are out of the starting gate at a fast pace. It will be a long night of busy rivalry.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:25 AM

Dawn was at 6:02 in Albany.

The busy rivalry has ended. Stormy Weather and Sonny Boy have retired to sleep away the day. There will be another meeting tonight at Midnight.

The skies are completely clear and blue. Dawn was beautiful.

Sonny Boy has won handily. He pulled away from Stormy Weather in the final minutes and left him eating dust.

The Las Vegas bookmakers paid off those who bet for Sonny Boy. Essentially they got their money back.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:11 PM

I just receive a phone call from the Meeting Board that Stormy Weather broke his right ankle in this morning's finish and will have to be put down. Future meetings are canceled until further notice and they find another spirit.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:38 PM

I just received another phone call from the Meeting Board and they found another spirit.

It's a bay filly who died in a motorcycle accident on the NYS Thruway on her way to New York City. Her name is Miss Pretty and she was planning on visiting friends, do some shopping, and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade before returning to Saratoga Springs.

She was born and bred in Saratoga and was attending Skidmore College. She is a descendent of one of the oldest aristocratic families of that city.

She was killed when she was hit by a Canadian trucker carrying Christmas trees to New York City.

She has already met Sonny Boy and there seems to be something going on already. The are talking some happy talk.

Old 11-04-2015, 05:06 PM

Sonny Boy is in a very happy mood after talking with Miss Pretty.

He was walking down the street whistling "On The Sunny Side of the Street." He was passing a store and heard the Manhattan Transfer singing that song.

He stopped to listen...

Old 11-04-2015, 07:01 PM

Miss Pretty is also in a happy mood.

She's trying to think about how she can win her first meeting with Sonny Boy. She is scheming and thinking that she will use her woman's wiles and try to out-psyche him when they talk again after dark and they are dressed in preparation for midnight's first meeting.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:26 AM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsavegan View Post
The human Spirit lives in a twilight zone where the day and night appear conjoined and indistinguishable from each other. The Spirit lives in an ethereal world. It is the quintessential element to the human’s imagination.

There are two twilight zones. One is from dawn to sunrise. This is the lightening Spirit. The other twilight zone is from sunset to dusk. This is the darkening Spirit.
A human spirit does not exist, even aliens have the same looking soul as us.

That is what a being consists of, a body and a soul.

The base of feelings, memories of feelings, the feeling initiator is in the soul.

Your body is the translator and thus the emotions maker.

When you die you let go of your identity, which is of course gone for ever.

What is left is a soul which is asking to be born again, to live again, with memories of feelings, but you don't know you don't see and you don't hear and feel
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON IS THE MASTER !!

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy