Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 12-20-2017, 07:06 PM
Hound

Default Re: Hooray. We're In ... Delaware?

Good beer is made in Delaware. Also their possums are Scottish possums, they don't have O'Possums they have MacPossums.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (12-21-2017)
Old 01-31-2018, 04:47 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Truley sad news out of Delaware today:

Batgirl Retires

Quote:
If you thought it was fake news that Batgirl lives in Delaware - think again.

This Batgirl is all grown up. Her true identity isn’t Barbara Gordon. It’s Tonya Case, 42, and she’s a mother of two.

Case’s origin story as Batgirl began in April. It all started, she said, when she inadvertently bought a real Batmobile.

In desperate need of a car, Case said she decided to shop on Facebook Marketplace, Facebook’s version of Craigslist. She saw a listing for a ’94 Volvo that had been transformed into a makeshift Batmobile.

What wasn’t funny, Case said, were the cluster of problems she was having with her car late last year.

“There was something smoking under the hood and it kept leaking antifreeze for some reason, even when I wasn’t running the AC,” Batgirl said.

On top of that, the Batmobile didn’t have heat. Although Case knew that when she bought it in April, she said it didn’t become a problem until the weather starting getting cold.

Eventually, Case said, the Batmobile broke down while she was on the road and she had to get it towed home.

With all of her car problems too expensive for her to repair, Batgirl said she had no choice but to retire.
There's more (adorable, quaint, local-ness) to the tale in the whole article.

Now I kinda wish I'd bought a black vehicle, I'd take up the bat-mantle so to speak. Even though I'm on an anti-bat kick lately.

:batpoland:
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (01-31-2018), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-31-2018), Stephen Maturin (01-31-2018), Stormlight (01-03-2020), The Man (01-31-2018)
Old 11-18-2018, 12:29 AM
California Sober

Joe Biden and his newly adopted little buddy. : aww
BrotherMan (11-18-2018), JoeP (11-18-2018), lisarea (11-18-2018), slimshady2357 (11-18-2018), SR71 (11-18-2018), Stephen Maturin (11-18-2018), Stormlight (01-03-2020), The Man (11-18-2018)
Old 11-18-2018, 05:30 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

:unundies:
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (11-18-2018), Stormlight (01-03-2020)
Old 01-03-2020, 05:59 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

Oh man. Did SOMETHING happen in Delaware while we weren't looking. Though it's purely local politics. It is, as you will see, definitely in line with what has happened (is happening) across the nation thanks to the emboldened election of a certain oranged thing.

The Chairman for the New Castle County Republican Party said something nasty on Facebook. He was angry because Facebutt wouldn't let anyone post a video of that Good Guy with a Gun as he plugged the Bad Guy with a Gun - because we all know Facebutt is so liberal and can't stand anything that runs contrary to the liberal agenda of dearming everyone and everything that has arms.

Now being a jackbooted nut job conspiracy theorist isn't against the law, and technically, neither is the specific language he used. And, as one could also deduce from my introduction, simply using unguarded and unkind language simply isn't the end for some people. He had the laughable audacity to double extra down on the usage in another Facebutt post. (copied in full and pasted here to preserve some folks sanity and internet browser cookies)

"GOP of NCC"
The GOP of New Castle County
January 1 at 10:28 AM ·

To the People of Delaware and my fellow Republicans,

Here we are now in 2020 where we know the English language and yet have little understanding of context or intent.

I had a friend call me concerning the upset of many Republican Party members calling for my head for a word I used in a FB conversation with a Close male friend that was picked up by the Blue Delaware Blog. That word was “faggots.” My friend asked me why I used that specific word. He said, “Dude, I know you have many friends who are gay or lesbian, so why choose this word?” I told him I have been using that word since before it ever meant what people are offended by today. In this context I used it for it’s impact & it was between close friends. Knowing that I am not a Homophobe nor have an ounce of bigotry in my blood, he understood and left it at that. Hell, I have been instrumental in bringing gay candidates into this upcoming election for the GOP. Why would I do that if I was “of the mind” the article claims me to be? The friend I was in conversation on the thread with was not offended, nor was anyone else in that thread.

So, Why are so many so upset? Was my intent to disparage any gay individual or community? No. Did I cause injury to any gay individual or group? Nope! Did anyone reading this thread suffer an injury or loss? No. Is this a reveal of my mind? LOL, not even close. Anyone who knows me knows the answer to this is an emphatic No. It was locker room talk between 2 men.

And yet, here I am writing this post now in the year 2020 where we know the Language is English but have little understanding of context or intent. Where I differ from most people is that I am also a firm believer that being offended is a choice or a Voluntary Act. A self-inflicted wound per se! Blaming someone else for your upset? Well, that’s just being childish.

What saddens me is that so many in the GOP not only suffer from this lack of understanding, but are Hyper-quick to kick under the bus anyone based upon an article from an Anti-American, Progressive Democratic Blog. And I believe this contributes as to why the GOP has such a time succeeding in Delaware. As we have witnessed for years, the Democrats would have each other’s back if they were guilty of a multitude of crimes, including capital crimes. I use a word in a locker room context calling out FaceBook and GOP Bladders go into full spasm mode from a Progressive Left Blog article. So, let’s continue to allow the Dems to control the narrative and lob hand grenades over the wall to keep us splintered. You know what they say, “You only catch Flak when you’re over the target.”

While I have only been the Chair of New Castle County for a short while, I am not afraid to say I have made some solid gains where little was done in the past. I honor and Respect our State Chair, Jane Brady and serve at the Chairs Pleasure. I am and will continue to support GOP Candidates who uphold their oaths to the Constitution as I have continued to uphold mine these past 43 years. Have I called some folks out & made a few enemies? Sure. Because the ONLY way to avoid being a target and causing controversy is to do nothing.

And haven’t we had a surplus of that in recent years?

God Bless All & Happy New Year.

AND AS IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH. He wasn't the only person to get unhinged over the holidays!

The Vice Chair for the Sussex County Republican Committee posted on her Facebutt:

Quote:
“What amazes me the most in these theatrical Congress hearings, is to see how many Jews ‘In Name Only’ lend themselves to be in the hoaks (sic) of the pure made up story of Impeachment that the Democrats have woven as spiders catching flies and bugs.

“These jews (sic) have been enrolled to come and testify, to come and interrogate and to be involved in anything that the Democrats enlist them to do to try to look credible to the people of this country.”

In response to a comment from one of her friends, she writes:

“Only God knows whether this kind of Jews [sic] are really believers in God or do they believe in the same God that many Democrats believe in ‘the father of all lies.’”
Now here's where everything gets VERY interesting. You ready to have your melon twisted?

DERPDelaware Republican Party
12 hrs ·

January 2, 2020
Press Release from the Delaware Republican Party

Wilmington, Delaware--Jane Brady, Chair of the Republican Party of Delaware released a statement today condemning the language of New Castle County Chair Chris Rowe who is tendering his resignation at the request of party leaders after he used homophobic language and Sussex County Vice Chair Nelly Jordan who is under fire for anti-Semitic remarks made online.

“Neither I nor the Delaware Republican Party, which I represent, condone any statements that demean or show disrespect to others. I have requested Chris Rowe’s resignation and he has agreed to tender it. His comment was offensive and did not reflect the values of respect and tolerance held dear by the Delaware Republican Party. Ultimately, as a result, he lost the support of those he was to lead. Our Party includes individuals from all different backgrounds, joined together to advance the principles we hold dear. I am proud of Delaware Republicans and their support for the broad range of diversity that makes our Party stronger.”

“The remarks made by Nelly Jordan, who was elected to her post by the Sussex County GOP Executive Committee, were offensive, hurtful and anti-Semitic.

“The process is different for Jordan because she was elected into her post and not appointed, unlike Rowe who was appointed to his position. Nelly will have to make a choice of either resigning or going through a process to seek her removal.”

Can you believe that? Republican accountability in this day and age!?

:de:
Thanks, from:
Crumb (01-03-2020), Ensign Steve (01-03-2020), JoeP (01-03-2020), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-03-2020), lisarea (01-03-2020), slimshady2357 (01-03-2020), Sock Puppet (01-03-2020), SR71 (01-03-2020), Stephen Maturin (01-03-2020), Stormlight (01-03-2020), The Man (01-03-2020)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law