Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Old 01-19-2018, 02:41 AM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
that ghastly Sylvester Stallone Judge Dredd flick from the mid-90s.
Hey, I really liked it, Mr. Lawyer who obviously doesn't want to be a Citizen Judge in the Golden Age.
Thanks, from:
The Man (01-19-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 03:56 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

I refuse! Instead, I will think of it as getting advice from The Animal, The Hot Chick, or perhaps the offensive yellowface Asian minister from I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry.
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (01-19-2018), The Man (01-19-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 03:48 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Hey, I really liked it, Mr. Lawyer who obviously doesn't want to be a Citizen Judge in the Golden Age.
Actually, I've got my eye on the medical profession for Golden Age. People will decide for themselves whether they're qualified to practice medicine and, as the Authentic Text tells us, these self-certified healers will be called Citizen Doctors. My only job duties will be responding to patients' medical inquiries with, "I don't know; you should due your research and follow the path that's best for you" then graciously decline payment. It's not what you'd call lucrative, but that's okay since free money will rain down on anyone who wants it in the Golden Age economy.

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
But (01-19-2018), ChuckF (01-20-2018), The Man (01-19-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 08:36 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Because of this thread making me think about Rob Schneider, I had a dream where Rob Schneider was doing his horrible Asian stereotype at me and I couldn't escape :glare:
Thanks, from:
The Man (01-19-2018)
Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM

No threats of harm will stop this tsunami!

Medical Doctor Opposed to Mandatory Vaccines Has Life Threatened by Stalker

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM
here to bore you with pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Just one?

Death Threats, Hate Mail: Autism Debate Turns Ugly - ABC News
Thanks, from:
But (Yesterday), Stephen Maturin (Yesterday), The Man (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Quote:
Just one?

This is a sick culture. No matter what side you're on, it's very easy to target a group of people who differ from your way of thinking. This is not new. And it can happen on both sides of the fence. Two wrongs don't make a right specious. What's your point? It's also not new that intimidation and threats never win. Truth will triumph in the long run, even though there will be sacrifices. Some will sadly be lost in the crossfires. That being said, I have yet to see the vitriol spewed on the part of anti-vaxxers that have been spewed by pro-vaxxers. Specious, show me letters or emails of death threats by anti-vaxxers that compare to the hatred that was in the email sent to Suzanne Humphries.

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; Yesterday at 03:12 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM
here to bore you with pictures

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Quote:
Just one?

This is a sick culture. No matter what side you're on, it's very easy to target a group of people who differ from your way of thinking. This is not new. And it can happen on both sides of the fence. Two wrongs don't make a right specious. What's your point? It's also not new that intimidation and threats never win. Truth will triumph in the long run, even though there will be sacrifices. Some will sadly be lost in the crossfires. That being said, I have yet to see the vitriol spewed on the part of anti-vaxxers that have been spewed by pro-vaxxers. Specious, show me letters or emails of death threats by anti-vaxxers that compare to the hatred that was in the email sent to Suzanne Humphries.
You mean like this?

Not sure what your point was. I assume it was a shallow attempt to paint people who support evidence based medicine in a bad light, so I provided a nice tu quoque response.

I do hope the truth, facts and evidence wins out in the end, but I don't have high confidence when you and the rest of the anti-vax crowd seem to be completely immune to it. (Irony intended)
Thanks, from:
But (Yesterday), Stephen Maturin (Yesterday), The Man (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

:hai: peacegirl!

Have you emailed NASA yet?

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle