Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 02-04-2010, 02:38 AM
beyelzu's Avatar
beyelzu beyelzu is offline
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: georgia
Posts: XMMMXCVII
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 8
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

Yeah. Im not impressed by your answer, not couple with the flat denial that you even said 3 in the first place
__________________
:blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :steve: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss:
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 02-04-2010, 02:39 AM
Deadlokd's Avatar
Deadlokd Deadlokd is offline
Not as smart as Adam
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Queensland
Gender: Male
Posts: MXCCXXVIII
Images: 21
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

If you were town why would you be aiming for a claim? Especially on day one. And what good would a claim do? I could claim doctor, vig, bus driver, seer and no one could doubt me because there's no evidence either way.
__________________
Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 02-04-2010, 02:43 AM
beyelzu's Avatar
beyelzu beyelzu is offline
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: georgia
Posts: XMMMXCVII
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 8
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demimonde View Post
I can assure you that I am not scum. It was a stupid comment showing how green I really am. Let me ask you this though, from a seasoned vet to a little newb: how does it benefit town to have a claim so early? Would that not paint a target on the back of any specials town might have? In so small a game, can town be sure we have anyone to protect those specials?
didnt yall talk over town specials in the scum clubhouse?

if there are 3 scum then we should have a few good specials for balance.
__________________
:blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :steve: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss:
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 02-04-2010, 02:45 AM
Demimonde's Avatar
Demimonde Demimonde is offline
an angry unicorn or a non-murdering leprechaun
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edge of Society
Gender: Female
Posts: VMMCDLXI
Blog Entries: 5
Images: 28
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

That doesn't answer the question bey. How would it benefit town to have a claim so early? I'll admit that I am a greenie little idiot, but I don't think you have an answer to that.
__________________
:boobkicker:
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 02-04-2010, 02:45 AM
beyelzu's Avatar
beyelzu beyelzu is offline
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: georgia
Posts: XMMMXCVII
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 8
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlokd View Post
If you were town why would you be aiming for a claim? Especially on day one. And what good would a claim do? I could claim doctor, vig, bus driver, seer and no one could doubt me because there's no evidence either way.
depending on the role claimed there can be a counter claim. now or in a day or two. i wasnt angling for a claim. but i was cautioning against dropping the hammer on someone who doesnt have a chance to claim
__________________
:blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :steve: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss:
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 02-04-2010, 03:01 AM
Demimonde's Avatar
Demimonde Demimonde is offline
an angry unicorn or a non-murdering leprechaun
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edge of Society
Gender: Female
Posts: VMMCDLXI
Blog Entries: 5
Images: 28
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlokd View Post
If you were town why would you be aiming for a claim? Especially on day one. And what good would a claim do? I could claim doctor, vig, bus driver, seer and no one could doubt me because there's no evidence either way.
depending on the role claimed there can be a counter claim. now or in a day or two. i wasnt angling for a claim. but i was cautioning against dropping the hammer on someone who doesnt have a chance to claim
You weren't angling for a claim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
i will kick another scum tell.

The voice of reason. at 1 vote to lynch we need to wait for deadlock to role claim before anyone drops the hammer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
I think I will go ahead and answer my thought process. i took him to the brink because that is what brings a claim. I cautioned against the hammer because there are some new players.
You took him to the brink because that is what brings a claim. I still want to know how that is good for town.
__________________
:boobkicker:
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 02-04-2010, 03:08 AM
beyelzu's Avatar
beyelzu beyelzu is offline
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: georgia
Posts: XMMMXCVII
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 8
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

because it puts him on the hotseat. til you get to one away it could still change easily. I was looking for a response and the one i got made me suspect him less. I cautioned against the hammer cuz having a special for one night is better than having one for 0 noghts.

but im done answering your questions demi. I think you are scum and talking with you wont help the town.
__________________
:blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :steve: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss:
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 02-04-2010, 03:08 AM
beyelzu's Avatar
beyelzu beyelzu is offline
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: georgia
Posts: XMMMXCVII
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 8
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

if we are both alive tomorrow maybe i will reconsiderm :shrug:
__________________
:blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :steve: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss:
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 02-04-2010, 03:13 AM
livius drusus's Avatar
livius drusus livius drusus is offline
Admin of THIEVES and SLUGABEDS
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: LVCCCLXXII
Images: 5
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

Ooh, intrigue! Demi's third comment was definitely quite the slip of the tongue, but it's also true that three has been the scumcount in most of our past games here, certainly the first two games plus my first Deadwood.

bey's "not angling for a claim" contradiction is shady too. I might just keep my vote on him and chalk it up to instinct.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 02-04-2010, 03:14 AM
livius drusus's Avatar
livius drusus livius drusus is offline
Admin of THIEVES and SLUGABEDS
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: LVCCCLXXII
Images: 5
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

bey, why did you say you weren't angling for a claim and then say you took him to the brink because that's what brings a claim?
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 02-04-2010, 03:19 AM
Deadlokd's Avatar
Deadlokd Deadlokd is offline
Not as smart as Adam
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Queensland
Gender: Male
Posts: MXCCXXVIII
Images: 21
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

Nope, this is way too suspicious bey.

You tried to force me to claim.

Because.....why? If I was scum I was in the clear to claim anything. Counterclaims notwithstanding.

Then you said that you weren't trying to force a claim, only to take me to the brink. The brink to force a claim.

And you still haven't answered Demi's and my question; why is forcing a claim good for town on the first day?

And you just saying that Demi is scum because she is asking you questions is suspicious too.

unvote; vote beyelzu.
__________________
Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 02-04-2010, 03:20 AM
Deadlokd's Avatar
Deadlokd Deadlokd is offline
Not as smart as Adam
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Queensland
Gender: Male
Posts: MXCCXXVIII
Images: 21
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

Heh, crosspost.
__________________
Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 02-04-2010, 03:41 AM
Megatron's Avatar
Megatron Megatron is offline
155 pounds of ROCK HARD RAGE
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: World's End, NY
Gender: Bender
Posts: VDVII
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

Oh shit. I didn't know we'd started already, sorry 'bout that. Now I got 5 pages o' thread to read. Damn school!
__________________
Father Helel, save us from the dark.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Gonzo (02-04-2010)
  #114  
Old 02-04-2010, 03:41 AM
beyelzu's Avatar
beyelzu beyelzu is offline
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: georgia
Posts: XMMMXCVII
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 8
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

i wanted you to have the oppurtunity to claim. i wanted to force a reaction. i misspoke true. But I have I wasnt forcing a claim. I was applyong pressure like i always do. :shrug;
__________________
:blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :steve: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss:
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 02-04-2010, 03:43 AM
beyelzu's Avatar
beyelzu beyelzu is offline
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: georgia
Posts: XMMMXCVII
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 8
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlokd View Post
Nope, this is way too suspicious bey.

You tried to force me to claim.

Because.....why? If I was scum I was in the clear to claim anything. Counterclaims notwithstanding.

Then you said that you weren't trying to force a claim, only to take me to the brink. The brink to force a claim.

And you still haven't answered Demi's and my question; why is forcing a claim good for town on the first day?

And you just saying that Demi is scum because she is asking you questions is suspicious too.

unvote; vote beyelzu.
I am sure she is scum so answering her questions is bad for the town. It occurd to me that our scum could be newbs or out of contact with eachother and that i shouldnt feed them info.

ill answer yours or livs though.

and i did answer the question. a cop with one view is bnetter than a dead cop with 0 views
__________________
:blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :steve: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss:
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 02-04-2010, 03:47 AM
beyelzu's Avatar
beyelzu beyelzu is offline
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: georgia
Posts: XMMMXCVII
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 8
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

fwiw. i am posting from my phone between customers so i might not be as coherent as i would like. earlier i was posting during breaks while studying with my chem partner.

:shrug:
__________________
:blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :steve: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss:
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 02-04-2010, 04:17 AM
Demimonde's Avatar
Demimonde Demimonde is offline
an angry unicorn or a non-murdering leprechaun
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edge of Society
Gender: Female
Posts: VMMCDLXI
Blog Entries: 5
Images: 28
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

The thing is, I only asked one question, how does getting a claim out there benefit town? I didn't know if you were scum or not when I first asked it. I still don't know. But my gut instinct was to question it and my vote still stands.
__________________
:boobkicker:
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 02-04-2010, 04:23 AM
beyelzu's Avatar
beyelzu beyelzu is offline
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: georgia
Posts: XMMMXCVII
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 8
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

i am not going to engage with you on the possible number of specials such speculation can only hurt the town. especially since i think you are scum. and i explained how a claim can help or why we should leave an oppurtunity for a claim.
__________________
:blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :steve: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss:
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 02-04-2010, 04:35 AM
Demimonde's Avatar
Demimonde Demimonde is offline
an angry unicorn or a non-murdering leprechaun
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edge of Society
Gender: Female
Posts: VMMCDLXI
Blog Entries: 5
Images: 28
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

I didn't ask you to speculate on the number of specials, no one knows that and it would be a waste of time. I only asked how trying to out a special would benefit the town.

I am not satisfied with your answer, but I would like to hear from other more experienced members what they think about this.
__________________
:boobkicker:
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 02-04-2010, 04:42 AM
beyelzu's Avatar
beyelzu beyelzu is offline
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: georgia
Posts: XMMMXCVII
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 8
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demimonde View Post
I didn't ask you to speculate on the number of specials, no one knows that and it would be a waste of time. I only asked how trying to out a special would benefit the town.

I am not satisfied with your answer, but I would like to hear from other more experienced members what they think about this.
asking someone to claim isnt outing a special.

I could give a shit if you are satisfied with my answer.
__________________
:blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :steve: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss:
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 02-04-2010, 04:49 AM
beyelzu's Avatar
beyelzu beyelzu is offline
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: georgia
Posts: XMMMXCVII
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 8
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

to be clear. its not cuz im pissed or that its personal its cuz i think ur scum
__________________
:blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :steve: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss:
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 02-04-2010, 04:57 AM
Demimonde's Avatar
Demimonde Demimonde is offline
an angry unicorn or a non-murdering leprechaun
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edge of Society
Gender: Female
Posts: VMMCDLXI
Blog Entries: 5
Images: 28
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

Good, I'm glad it's not personal. I would hate to think that I contributed to you having a bad night at work. I was trying to think of how to express that without making an assumption. :optimist:
__________________
:boobkicker:
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 02-04-2010, 04:59 AM
Deadlokd's Avatar
Deadlokd Deadlokd is offline
Not as smart as Adam
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Queensland
Gender: Male
Posts: MXCCXXVIII
Images: 21
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demimonde View Post
I didn't ask you to speculate on the number of specials, no one knows that and it would be a waste of time. I only asked how trying to out a special would benefit the town.

I am not satisfied with your answer, but I would like to hear from other more experienced members what they think about this.
asking someone to claim isnt outing a special.

I could give a shit if you are satisfied with my answer.
This doesn't make any sense at all. Ask everyone here to claim and they will all claim vanilla town. Vanilla town because they are, scum because, well, duh and specials because on day one who wants a target on their back. Especially if they haven't had a chance to use their skill.

I see absolutely no sense is trying to force a claim. Unless you're scum in which case it makes perfect sense.
__________________
Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 02-04-2010, 05:12 AM
Crumb's Avatar
Crumb Crumb is offline
Cmurb!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cascadia
Gender: Male
Posts: LVMMMCDXCII
Blog Entries: 22
Images: 355
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

Yeah bey I think demi has got you on this. You are looking quite suspicious. Why would you push Deadlokd to claim? A special claim this early is no benefit to the town. I am not asking why you warned no one to hammer him, I am wondering why you put the L-1 vote on him in the first place. Your only explanation was that it was to get him to claim, but there is no advantage toward forcing a random player to make a claim. And now you are being very evasive in your answers.

unvote; vote bey
__________________
:joecool2: :cascadia: :ROR: :portland: :joecool2:
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 02-04-2010, 05:13 AM
beyelzu's Avatar
beyelzu beyelzu is offline
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: georgia
Posts: XMMMXCVII
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 8
Default Re: Mafia Game Thread

because most of the time when you get to one vote to go you get lynched. i figured you would be lynched but in case you had a claim i wanted to make sure you had a chance to make it. if you are a special and you get to one vote away. you claim. i was doing the proper thing.

furthermore sometimes scum flail during their claiming and that can provide info.
__________________
:blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :steve: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss: :beloved: :blowkiss:
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.74643 seconds with 13 queries